Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2014, 10:21   #9316
BHPian

Re: Second Hand Innova Price Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hello Rajat, given the model year and running, I would have called this a "superb find", but after looking at the asking price, I cannot dare to call it a "steal deal". For all the accessories, leather seat covers etc, you can add a max of 1 lacs over the carwale price of 10 lacs. So I suggest you start with 10 lacs, then go to 10.5 lacs and max out at 11 lacs. It will all depend how desperate he is to sell off his car before he moves out of the country.
Thanks.

Today evening I plan to do a detail documentation check and follow up with physical inspection and test drive tomorrow morning.

Accessories never give much value during re-sale. So, I am not much keen beyond 10.3L. For me, this is just an option incase the deal is a steal
Old 26th May 2014, 10:32   #9317
Senior - BHPian

Re: Second Hand Innova Price Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatmakar View Post
Thanks.

Today evening I plan to do a detail documentation check and follow up with physical inspection and test drive tomorrow morning.

Accessories never give much value during re-sale. So, I am not much keen beyond 10.3L. For me, this is just an option incase the deal is a steal
I think that is a good strategy. Start with 10L and tell him that you can go upto 10.3L max for the accessories that have been fitted by him. Also tell him that a new Innova is in the pipeline in 2015, so you will have to take a heavy depreciation hit if and when you sell it in future. At any point in time don't show any desperation for the car, but parallelly don't forget to appreciate the upkeep and condition of the car, since you are dealing with the seller directly. Always a seller would be inclined to give his car to a genuine buyer who would take good care of his car in future, even if that means selling below the asking price.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 16:46   #9318
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Need Help!!!

I am finalizing the below deal,

Fiesta 2009 SXI Top end(ABS & Airbags) driven 73000 Kms, second owner full service history available and owner is quoting 2.8 lakhs.

what is the best price which i can offer?

I am looking to close the deal at 2.5 lakhs is it a fair price?

Last edited by SPEEDY_RACER : 26th May 2014 at 16:48.
Old 27th May 2014, 19:17   #9319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Need Help!!!

I am finalizing the below deal,

Fiesta 2009 SXI Top end(ABS & Airbags) driven 73000 Kms, second owner full service history available and owner is quoting 2.8 lakhs.

what is the best price which i can offer?

I am looking to close the deal at 2.5 lakhs is it a fair price?
2.5 seems a fair price. Petrol sedans don't have much of a resale.
arihant jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2014, 19:51   #9320
Senior - BHPian

Hello Friends,

Need your expert opinion. My company is opening a bidding process for CLC cars, which are to be sold off to company employees. The car details are mentioned below:
  • Toyota Innova 2.5V(2007), Colour Silver, Version - Diesel
  • Pune registration
  • Odo reading not available
  • Lifetime Road Tax Paid
  • Insurance valid till 17-Nov-14
  • Minimum Acceptable Bid (hold your breath) Rs.2,85,000/-
  • Documents are available with the facilities dept, however RC card is unavailable
I would like to know from experienced forum members what is the max amount I should bid for this car. I know most of you would jump the gun and advise me to go for the car blind folded. However there is one caveat. This car has to be purchased on as-is where-is basis. I have seen this car lying around in the office parking at least for the last 4-5 years, standing in one position, totally unused all this while. It means this car has not been driven for such a long duration. What kind of technical challenges can be encountered in making this car roadworthy, up and running? Besides the regular replacements of tyres, battery, all fluids do you forsee any major replacement such as engine, transmission, clutch-gearbox, brake, steering, AC system etc?

I am ready to spend a maximum amount of 1 lacs, with all the hassles. Would this car be worth this exercise?

Prompt responses would be highly appreciated as the bidding starts in the next 2 days.
Old 27th May 2014, 20:31   #9321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hello Friends,

Need your expert opinion. My company is opening a bidding process for CLC cars, which are to be sold off to company employees. The car details are mentioned below:
  • Toyota Innova 2.5V(2007), Colour Silver, Version - Diesel
  • Pune registration
  • Odo reading not available
  • Lifetime Road Tax Paid
  • Insurance valid till 17-Nov-14
  • Minimum Acceptable Bid (hold your breath) Rs.2,85,000/-
  • Documents are available with the facilities dept, however RC card is unavailable
I would like to know from experienced forum members what is the max amount I should bid for this car. I know most of you would jump the gun and advise me to go for the car blind folded. However there is one caveat. This car has to be purchased on as-is where-is basis. I have seen this car lying around in the office parking at least for the last 4-5 years, standing in one position, totally unused all this while. It means this car has not been driven for such a long duration. What kind of technical challenges can be encountered in making this car roadworthy, up and running? Besides the regular replacements of tyres, battery, all fluids do you forsee any major replacement such as engine, transmission, clutch-gearbox, brake, steering, AC system etc?

I am ready to spend a maximum amount of 1 lacs, with all the hassles. Would this car be worth this exercise?

Prompt responses would be highly appreciated as the bidding starts in the next 2 days.
I am sure there would be heavy bidding for this car.
My suggestion is to bid for 4L (4.05L to bypass those who may bid at 4.00) and see what happens.
If you get the wind of how the bidding is going, you may want to wait till the end and bid a little higher based on the hear say.

IMO It is a steal even at 5L.

Besides the immediate battery, tyre and fluids change and a service, I do not see the car needing any major work, assuming it is not run much (4-5 years lying in the parking)

What do you mean by "RC Card is unavailable". Does it mean that it is not at the current location and lying at some other company office ?
If it is not available at all, I do not see how can it be transferred to your name without going through a lot of hassles.
Not sure of the procedure, but if the RC card is not available at all, then I would not bid for the car at all.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 27th May 2014 at 20:37.
vinit.merchant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2014, 22:06   #9322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
I am sure there would be heavy bidding for this car.
My suggestion is to bid for 4L (4.05L to bypass those who may bid at 4.00) and see what happens.
If you get the wind of how the bidding is going, you may want to wait till the end and bid a little higher based on the hear say.
Thank you for your inputs Vinit. Since the car is stationary in one place for the last couple of years, it might not have found any bidders. That is the reason very low minimum bidding amount. 4L would be too high an amount, since I don't even know whether the car is roadworthy or not. I am expecting a repair bill to the tune of 2 lacs to make it running.

Quote:
What do you mean by "RC Card is unavailable". Does it mean that it is not at the current location and lying at some other company office ?
If it is not available at all, I do not see how can it be transferred to your name without going through a lot of hassles.
Not sure of the procedure, but if the RC card is not available at all, then I would not bid for the car at all.
I will get that checked form the facilities dept, if RC card is not available then what documentation do they have, which would facilitate the transfer of ownership to my name.
Old 28th May 2014, 14:00   #9323
BHPian

@AutoIndian

Although engine and transmission should not require much of an overhaul there are some other costs that you can expect for a car that has been lying unused for past 4-5 years:

1) Rubber parts - belts in particular.
2) Shock absorbers
3) If the car has not been mantained at all then inetriors will be in pretty bad shape esp. if they have not been aired at all. Fabric and carpetting might have molds or foams may have rotted as well. At least peep inside to see the condition of interiors.
4) Any parts where rusting has set in. Also check body panels for rusting if the car has been parked in anopen place from the last few years.

I would probably bid around 3.25L for the car and have at least 1L to cover for getting it back in shape. BTW Why on earth has this been lying around unused for 4-5 years?
Old 28th May 2014, 17:36   #9324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
I would probably bid around 3.25L for the car and have at least 1L to cover for getting it back in shape. BTW Why on earth has this been lying around unused for 4-5 years?
Thank you for your inputs Cesc. Since I was not getting much response here, I started a separate thread. Here is the link ---> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...nsidering.html

I received overwhelming response from forum members on that thread. After all the valuable inputs from various members, I have reached the unanimous decision that I won't be bidding for this car. Even if it was offered for free, I would restrain myself from owing it, because there is absolute lack of transparency as there are no car documents available (neither the RC book nor the insurance policy documents).
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 18:22   #9325
BHPian

Jan 2012 Hyundai Verna SX(O) Diesel Price Check Bangalore

Hello,

Someone is offering a Jan 2012 Hyundai Verna SX(O) Diesel in Bangalore for 9.7 Lakhs. The car has done 23,800K Kms approximately. Single owner. Private seller, not dealer.

I do not know how much insurance is left on this car or how much warranty is remaining.

Would the experts here be able to tell me how much I can get this car for?

Thanks and cheers
Old 29th May 2014, 18:27   #9326
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jan 2012 Hyundai Verna SX(O) Diesel Price Check Bangalore

I am not sure if you are aware tbhp has used car valuation tool:
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/used...select_submit=
Old 29th May 2014, 18:34   #9327
BHPian

Thank you Alpha. No, I was not aware that this tool was available. I am learning something new about Team-BHP everyday. Thank you for the link, I shall try it out.

This thread may be closed, I have been given more information now that has resulted in my no longer being interested in a Verna.

Thanks and cheers

Last edited by Technocrat : 29th May 2014 at 20:34.
Old 30th May 2014, 10:56   #9328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
I have been given more information now that has resulted in my no longer being interested in a Verna.

Thanks and cheers
If the information is something about all Vernas in general (like so and so components fail after xxx km or yyy years) then it should be shared with the forum!
Old 30th May 2014, 11:48   #9329
BHPian

Oh no, Alpha, it is info that is already available in the forum. Basically a concise compilation of all positives and negatives available here from various owners.

Cheers
Old 31st May 2014, 10:10   #9330
BHPian

Looking at picking up this:
2007 BMW 320i
42500 km done
Gurgaon Registration
Looks and drives well
Servicings done in regular intervals

What is a reasonable price to pay ?

Most Viewed