Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2014, 19:18   #9361
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Sold my 2008 Honda Accord Automatic clocked 37000 kms, single owner, New tyres(2000kms done), New battery,17" Plati Alloys, Gold colour for 8.10L to a direct customer. I think it was a great price for an immaculately maintained car. Sold the car as it was not used much. Will be going in for a smaller engine capacity petrol or diesel Automatic. If any chennai BHPian selling please pm me.
Old 9th June 2014, 00:37   #9362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin489 View Post

Its hard for me to find 2012/2013 A-star ATs for less than 3.8 lacs in Bangalore. I am not sure if my negotiation skills suck or if automatics demand a good resale value here.
It will be hard to find the A Star AT in the used car market for 2 major reasons. One, it was not a successful model for MSIL and two, ATs never were a big sell in the Indian market at least up till now. I would say keep looking, and be flexible to buy an older car (2011 or 2010) if you happen to find a decent example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin489 View Post
I enquired with Maruti True Value for the same car and they estimated the value of the car to 3.3 lacs.
That's what my take on the price was. BTW didn't you find any A-Star ATs at True Value? There prices may be a bit on the higher side but they do also negotiate quite a bit.
skyrocket003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2014, 07:26   #9363
BHPian

My brother is buying a used Innova VX (top end), 7 seater, 2013 May model, single owner, run 20000 kms in excellent condition. Insurance has been renewed last month. Asking price is 15.5 lacs through a dealer. Is it a fair buy ? Please advice.

Last edited by sam_sant2005 : 9th June 2014 at 07:28.
Old 9th June 2014, 08:17   #9364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
My brother is buying a used Innova VX (top end), 7 seater, 2013 May model, single owner, run 20000 kms in excellent condition. Insurance has been renewed last month. Asking price is 15.5 lacs through a dealer. Is it a fair buy ? Please advice.
I am speechless. Innova doesn't seem to depreciate at all.
Old 9th June 2014, 09:41   #9365
BHPian

Quote:
Dealers are known to rollback the odometer of the cars. A well maintained innova whether 80K KMs run or 20K KMs run will "feel" the same.
Do check the service logs, tyre manufacturing year to ensure that everything is in sync & the dealer is not cheating you.
Old 9th June 2014, 12:40   #9366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arihant jain View Post
I am speechless. Innova doesn't seem to depreciate at all.
True to an extent. But then see, this is from Nandi toyota with "Toyota Certified" badge with 2 yrs / 30000 kms warranty. My understanding is that Toyota doesn't certify accidental or odo tampered vehicles. So they would obviously ask for a addl premium. My general observation is that demand for used innova has come down a little bit (stress on 'little') due to, probably Duster. And please note Innova VX onroad BLR price is currently 18 lacs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Dealers are known to rollback the odometer of the cars. A well maintained innova whether 80K KMs run or 20K KMs run will "feel" the same.
Do check the service logs, tyre manufacturing year to ensure that everything is in sync & the dealer is not cheating you.
Service history is clean.
Tyres are genuine. (Spare tyre has not even touched the road yet).
Again since this is Toyota Certified I have to believe the car is genuine. Apart from engine feel (as you said for 20k vs 80k), interiors are something which are indicative of 'use' and this case they are very very clean (both interiors and exteriors). Keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited by sam_sant2005 : 9th June 2014 at 12:56.
Old 9th June 2014, 17:42   #9367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
True to an extent. But then see, this is from Nandi toyota with "Toyota Certified" badge with 2 yrs / 30000 kms warranty. And please note Innova VX onroad BLR price is currently 18 lacs.
Here is one catch. The standard company waranty is for 3 years or 1 lakh kms (whichever is earlier). Now the car in question in just one year old and has run 20K kms. So ideally it should have a warranty of 2 years or 80K kms (whichever is earlier). However Nandi Toyota is offering only 2years/30K kms. Not that it is bad. If your annual running is going to be 15K or lesser, then you need not even bother. But if it is going to be anywhere above it, then the kms will be consumed faster and you would be out of warranty even before you complete 2 years.

Getting the maximum warranty for used cars always helps, not just for the piece of mind, but pocket as well.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 9th June 2014 at 17:43.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2014, 18:08   #9368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Here is one catch. The standard company waranty is for 3 years or 1 lakh kms (whichever is earlier). Now the car in question in just one year old and has run 20K kms. So ideally it should have a warranty of 2 years or 80K kms (whichever is earlier). However Nandi Toyota is offering only 2years/30K kms. Not that it is bad. If your annual running is going to be 15K or lesser, then you need not even bother. But if it is going to be anywhere above it, then the kms will be consumed faster and you would be out of warranty even before you complete 2 years.

Getting the maximum warranty for used cars always helps, not just for the piece of mind, but pocket as well.
Good point. But so let me ask you the million dollar question -is the original toyota warranty applicable for second owner?
Old 9th June 2014, 18:55   #9369
BHPian

Quote:
Good point. But so let me ask you the million dollar question -is the original toyota warranty applicable for second owner?
Of course. Warranty doesn't lapse if owner is changed.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2014, 18:59   #9370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have not read the fine print of the terms and conditions of Toyota Innova's warranty clause or for that matter any other car manufacturer's. However technically speaking the warranty should not get void or reduced only because the car ownership is changing hands. May be forum members who have purchased used cars and claimed warranty can shed more light on this. Let me be honest and confess that I am definitely not in a position to comment on your query that authoritatively.
Old 10th June 2014, 00:10   #9371
BHPian

Quote:
Service history is clean.
Tyres are genuine. (Spare tyre has not even touched the road yet).
20K on the Odo, with good service history But "no wheel rotation done" ? Sounds odd.
Old 10th June 2014, 04:18   #9372
BHPian

My youngest brother is planning to buy a Skoda Octavia (2003, Diesel) sparingly used and well maintained by a college principal. How much can he shell out to buy it? The owner is quoting 2,50,000.

Is it worth the price or should we negotiate more on it?
Old 10th June 2014, 07:07   #9373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
20K on the Odo, with good service history But "no wheel rotation done" ? Sounds odd.
Personally even I have done only four tyre rotation over the years. Its by choice.
Old 10th June 2014, 09:34   #9374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
My youngest brother is planning to buy a Skoda Octavia (2003, Diesel) sparingly used and well maintained by a college principal. How much can he shell out to buy it? The owner is quoting 2,50,000.

Is it worth the price or should we negotiate more on it?
How much has it run? 2.5L itself looks good if there is NO work that needs to be done immediately. Any reason why the car is quoted low ? Skoda's (diesel) usually are NOT that cheap in the used market (especially down south). Hope you have enough money parked in for any urgency that may arise - Skoda's are neither cheap to service.

You may ask 2L and try to close the deal at 2.25L.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 10th June 2014 at 09:36.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 10:57   #9375
BHPian

What would be a deal for this one? The owner is expecting 5.25l

Variant: Verna SX - Top End variant (with ABS)

Model: 2007

Fuel Type: Diesel

Transmission: Manual

Registered City: Bangalore

Kms Done: 71,400

Accessories:

16” Lenso Alloys (All five), Apollo Acelere Performance Tyres.

Leather Upholstery

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks