Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2014, 21:52   #9916
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Narayan, thank you for your valuable inputs. There is another TBHPian, Shahbaaz, who has suggested me the same thing, you are simply reinforcing his thoughts. I sincerely hope this car turns out to be a genuine, less run and completely accident free one. I will start with 7.25L, try to seal it @ 7.5L and in the worst case stretch it to 7.75L. Incidently the seller happens to be my friend's friend.
Courtesy some of our TBHP members like Shahbaaz, Narayan and one of my close office colleagues, I was able to bring the Innova at home today. Yes you guessed it right.

Sequence of events:
1. 03-Nov-2014--->TBHP member, Shahbaaz forwarded me this OLX ad, 2009 Innova, V-7 seater, 49K on odo for sale
2. 04-Nov-2014--->Early morning, I drop a text message, to the owner enquiring about expected price and if it is a 7 or 8 seater. Got a call from owner @ 10:00am, which I missed to respond. I immediately call him back and tell that I am interested. I could not visit the same day as some important meetings lined up. I fix an appointment @ 10:45am the next
day. I call up my friend who statys in the same area and confirms he knows this person.
3. 05-Nov-2014--->Visit the owner's home, check out the car. Price quoted 8 lacs, I start with 7.25 lacs, he comes down to 7.5. Then after further negotiation, a value of 7.35 lacs is finalized. I ask him the token amount and he says 2 lacs. I immediately cut a cheque for 2 lacs and confirmed the deal. Made an agreement on a blank paper and endorsed by signatures from both parties. The gentleman says that he wants to get concurrence from his son (who is in US), because the car is on his name. I said fine, I will wait for your confirmation
4. 06-Nov-2014--->No updates on this day and I keep my fingers tightly crossed
5. 07-Nov-2014--->The gentleman confirmed the acceptance from his son. I transfer the balance amount 5.4 lacs to his account (5K was added to the initial deal of 7.35 as the gentleman's wife said that they had spent 12K on two new tyres, hence want at least some compensation for that. I agreed to it without much of a debate. After the complete payment was done I noticed that the RC card and the car is still hypothecated to bank. I am in a jinx. I called up the person to ask if there is any loan outstanding. He said that the loan was foreclosed. I then ask why the hypothecation was not removed. Alternatively I ask if they have the NOC from bank and form 35. He said that he will have to search for it.
6. 08-Nov-2014--->Luckily I get a call that the bank NOC, form 35 are in place. I said that I will come to collect the vehicle at 4pm. Went to their hom, handed over sweets to them took their blessings and returned back. Some random pictures

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-left-front-door-open.jpg

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-right-front-door-open.jpg

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-interiors.jpg

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-boot-open.jpg

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-dash1.jpg

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-dash2.jpg

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-dash3.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th November 2014, 23:51   #9917
Senior - BHPian

Did you retain the indica ?
Please post pics of the exterior
Old 9th November 2014, 00:20   #9918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Did you retain the indica ?
Please post pics of the exterior
Yes the Indica is still with me, but I may soon dispose it off, if get a good hold of the Innova. As of now the Innova has displaced the poor Indica from its reserved parking and have now made it stand on the road outside the building premises.

Some exterior shots of the Innova.

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-exterior-left-front.jpg

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-exterior-rear.jpg

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-exterior-right-front.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2014, 07:22   #9919
Senior - BHPian

It just needs some treatment at 3M care and it will be in showroom shape. Congratulations, fantastic deal, thanks for sharing the price.
Remove that roof rack for trips within the city.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2014, 08:19   #9920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
It just needs some treatment at 3M care and it will be in showroom shape. Congratulations, fantastic deal, thanks for sharing the price.
Remove that roof rack for trips within the city.
Thank you for the suggestion. Well if not the roof rack I am surely going to remove the roof mounted tyre as it is the 6th one besides the four on the car and spare one. Regarding 3M treatment, that is one of the agenda items but will wait for some time until I get to know the car completely. May be within a months time I will get to know any squeak or rattles and any other tid bits, which will help me make the right choice if the treatment.

I am feeling really lucky to get hold of this car, not just because of the price and low running but the previous owner has been very kind and genuine. Over the last 8-10 months I just came across dealers and agents whose sole motive was to make money and push any kind of vehicle down my throat.
Old 9th November 2014, 17:03   #9921
BHPian

Sold our Maruti Ritz ZXi last month for 3.3l
Bangalore, second owner, 38k kms, white, excellent condition. True value had offered 3.18l
Old 11th November 2014, 08:25   #9922
Senior - BHPian

How much can I quote for a Nov 2011 Swift ZDi with the following details?
  • Single owner
  • KL registration
  • 48000 KM done
  • Excellent service history, engine oil + filter changed every 5K
  • No accidents
  • I year extended warranty
  • Running 195/60 R15 Michelin XM2 all around
  • Fully stock

Insurance will get over by this month end and that can be paid for.
Old 11th November 2014, 09:57   #9923
BHPian

Sold my i20 in September this year 2009 Asta (O) 5 speed CRDI driven 83k at 3.85 L and wagon R VXI 2004 driven only 39.8k for 1.60 L this month. Making way for the new swift.
sheldon4888 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 10:16   #9924
Senior - BHPian

Sold our Sept 2007 Wagon R VXi done 52k kms at 2.01L. I must say we got a very good deal. The car had its own share of scratches and minor dents etc. The car was recently serviced and a new rear bumper was fixed.

Day 1 : Listed on OLX for 2.20
Day 2 : Get a call from a person living in same area. Wanting to come and see the car. Came in evening. saw, took a short test drive and left.
Day 3 : Person comes again with his wife (from whom the car was to be purchased) and they look at it and leave by paying a 50k token promising to return in an hr with balance amount and necessary RTO paper work (forms, ids etc) as his brother works with RTO and he will take care of it all.

They came with an offer of 1.95L and we sat down and finally closed deal at 2.01L/-.

Regards,
h@r$h@l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2014, 10:54   #9925
Senior - BHPian

Friends, though I have not advertised my Indica for sale on any of the online forums, I do intend to sell it sooner than later. How much can I expect for the below mentioned vintage car:
  1. Make: TATA Indica DLX (top end diesel), Amethyst Blue colour
  2. Month/Year of manufacturing and registration: July-2004
  3. Odo reading: 1,51,512kms
  4. Insurance valid upto: 08-Aug-2015
  5. Condition of car:
  • It was my daily drive to office, till Innova took over that mantle.
  • Front two tyres are new (MRF make), rear and spare Michelin's have run 80K kms, but still can go further. All 5 alloy wheels.
  • Floor mats and all 4 speakers were recently changed.
  • All fluids at optimum level, no oil leakage (I don't need to top-up engine oil between two oil changes after 10K running).
  • Minor rattles when going over rough road patches.
  • Suspension might need an overhaul as I have changed only front left strut in last 10.5 years of ownership).
  • Minor scratches on bumper and right rear door. Front left door was replaced due to a freak accident.
Given the above vintage and condition, what is a fair price to expect from a prospective buyer?
Old 13th November 2014, 17:36   #9926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Honda spares are costly but that is because the car is from that segment and the spare costs are totally justified. Getting a jap car repaired won't be an issue and 6 yrs old jap is just fine to be kept for another 5 yrs. It won't give you any problems, that is my take on it, given that the car was never abused and maintained with care as advertised. To make sure of this, just take it to the nearest Honda showroom, get everything confirmed and then take an informed decision.
The City has proven to be a reliable workhorse. You will enjoy it to the fullest, more so when it is the top end with all 4 disc to boast about.
How would the normal service cost from Honda service be like?

What are the probable things that may fail in near future? ( For ex: suspension, clutch overhaul etc ? )

Also, I heard that it had a rather non-responsive steering and floaty suspension ? Can I fix those for better highway manners?
Any help appreciated. Thanks
Old 13th November 2014, 19:34   #9927
Senior - BHPian

Looking to sell my car

2004 Hyundai elantra crdi
Scarlet Sage color
114000 kms run
2nd Owner
Yoko C drives tires changed recently.
Front , Rear studs & Lower arm - New
Insurance Valid till May 2015

Experts, Kindly suggest me a price to sell .
Old 14th November 2014, 14:38   #9928
BHPian

Hi friends

What would be the approx price that the below car may fetch:

Tata Manza Quadrajet Aura + (top end model)
Purchase date- Sept 2010
28500 kms done
Recently serviced
Comprehensive insurance for one more year
New battery replaced recently

Last edited by rki2007 : 14th November 2014 at 14:40.
Old 15th November 2014, 00:32   #9929
Senior - BHPian

2010 Beat LS petrol, about 24k on the ODO. Single owner, Bangalore registration. He is looking for 3 lakhs. Is that ok?
Old 15th November 2014, 16:11   #9930
BHPian

I am planning to look at a Mumbai registered 2011 Hyundai fluidic verna sx 1.6 with 43k on Odo. From the pictures it looks in good condition. What should be good price for this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks