Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2014, 18:59   #9931

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

I've got an interesting but equally suspicious offer!
Tata Manza Aqua ( Petrol) 2010 Model- Driven only 28k kms - Quote price 2,60,000/-. Vehicle in good condition - From Mahindra First Choice!!!

Need expert advice please! 2010 and 28k kms for a petrol- Does it sound good?
Indigo Manza had good reviews with the Diesel machine but not so well-mouthed with the petrol - Will I be making a wise choice if I proceed with the deal.
Old 15th November 2014, 20:41   #9932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijaychand87 View Post
I've got an interesting but equally suspicious offer!
Tata Manza Aqua ( Petrol) 2010 Model- Driven only 28k kms - Quote price 2,60,000/-. Vehicle in good condition - From Mahindra First Choice!!!

Need expert advice please! 2010 and 28k kms for a petrol- Does it sound good?
Indigo Manza had good reviews with the Diesel machine but not so well-mouthed with the petrol - Will I be making a wise choice if I proceed with the deal.
Tata petrols have pathetic resale value. Just olx for it and you will get a better idea. Also, there is nothing extra-ordinary about the Manza Safire Petrol which could make it a desirable proposition.
Comparatively the QD will fetch much better resale whenever you wish to sell it while to sale this one, you will have to wait much longer, there are just no takers in market for this car in Petrol guise.
To top all that Mahindra First Choice is not a good place, just search for it on TeamBhp to find out how buyers found it out. They do meter tempering and reserve a huge margin for themselves. I would suggest an individual buyer over these dealers any day.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2014, 11:59   #9933
BHPian

Hi All,

What should be the price of 2009 Honda City, SMT, 73,000 km in Bangalore?
The car has all the service records and looks in good shape.
Old 16th November 2014, 12:15   #9934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir458 View Post
What should be the price of 2009 Honda City, SMT, 73,000 km in Bangalore?
The car has all the service records and looks in good shape.
5 years old with high mileage, not more than 3.75L if it is in very good condition. Or 3.5L. It will be 6 year old in 44 days.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2014, 12:19   #9935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
5 years old with high mileage, not more than 3.75L if it is in very good condition. Or 3.5L. It will be 6 year old in 44 days.
Thanks
The owner is quoting 4.5 and it seemed a bit steep.
Old 16th November 2014, 14:57   #9936
BHPian

Hi All,

Just thinking of getting some quotes for my Hyundai Verna. What, in your opinion, would be a decent price?

Variant : VGT CRDI (no ABS)
Date of Manufacture : 2006 December
Registered on : 2007 January
Place : Trivandrum
Ownership : Single Owner, accident free
ODO Reading : 1,34,000
Service history : Periodic maintenance at HASS
Clutch assembly changed at 1,10,000 kilometers
Timing belt changed at 80,000 kilometers
Michelin XM2+ 195/65 R14 tires with expected life of 20K more kilometers

-Vivek
Old 16th November 2014, 16:21   #9937
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Looking to sell my SX4 Zxi (Top end model).
Single careful owner.
January 2011.
Run only 20,500 Kms.
Full detailed service history.
No accidents or flood damage.
In genuine showroom condition.
Fitted with V Kool film on all windows and windscreens.
OEM speakers upgraded to Pioneer.

What would be a fair asking price for this car?

Regards,
SS
Old 16th November 2014, 18:44   #9938

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Tata petrols have pathetic resale value. Just olx for it and you will get a better idea. Also, there is nothing extra-ordinary about the Manza Safire Petrol which could make it a desirable proposition.
Comparatively the QD will fetch much better resale whenever you wish to sell it while to sale this one, you will have to wait much longer, there are just no takers in market for this car in Petrol guise.
To top all that Mahindra First Choice is not a good place, just search for it on TeamBhp to find out how buyers found it out. They do meter tempering and reserve a huge margin for themselves. I would suggest an individual buyer over these dealers any day.
Thanks for the info - Anyways,the deal is out of my hands now-i reached the showroom just when the vehicle reached - vehicle was well maintained and good looking - Was discussing with my Tata Motors friends from my earlier job.. And meanwhile some guy had paid the booking amount.. All in a perod of Half-an-hour! He has clinched the deal at 2.58lacs.

I am now back into my territory .. The WagonR.. Saw a vehicle from true value- 2009Vxi-25kms driven- 3.1lacs ( insurance just renewed -6months truw value warranty and 3 free service)!! Have another deal from true value - 2012Lxi-20k driven-3.5lacs --- Will break the ice on either of them... Senior people Suggestions please!
Old 16th November 2014, 20:43   #9939
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info - Anyways,the deal is out of my hands now-i reached the showroom just when the vehicle reached - vehicle was well maintained and good looking - Was discussing with my Tata Motors friends from my earlier job.. And meanwhile some guy had paid the booking amount.. All in a perod of Half-an-hour! He has clinched the deal at 2.58lacs.

I am now back into my territory .. The WagonR.. Saw a vehicle from true value- 2009Vxi-25kms driven- 3.1lacs ( insurance just renewed -6months truw value warranty and 3 free service)!! Have another deal from true value - 2012Lxi-20k driven-3.5lacs --- Will break the ice on either of them... Senior people Suggestions please!
You can even find the 3rd gen City for lesser than 4L and the 2nd gen for some 2.50L, those cars are just too good when it comes to durability and maintainebility in long terms. Also, it would be a much safer on road in terms of better build and features like ABS and Airbags.
Feom my personal experience too, I suggest you not to go with these dealers, just try OLXing a bit, trust your instincts being a teambhpian yourself and take a mechanic with you for thorough inspection of the car and it should be just fine.
Much better than a petrol Manza or a Wagon R is the good old Baleno. I can bet that it is one of the most durable, solid car that is fun to drive too, it is one car that you fill the tank and forget it. My father's 2006 Baleno is running on the original clutch at 110000 km and 8 years.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2014, 21:50   #9940

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I suggest you not to go with these dealers, just try OLXing a bit, trust your instincts being a teambhpian yourself and take a mechanic with you for thorough inspection of the car and it should be just fine.
I've started the exercise with olx's and quikr's-- But somehow, in Bangalore- couldn't find genuine sellers - Had a similar experience when i wanted to but a scooty for my wife - and ended up buying her a new Wego instead- People on olx end up being some dealers again with suspicious offers- and Genuine guys are also poached a lot by these carwale/cartrade guys from the moment they post thier ad's!! Hence I've boiled down to the true value's though i pay a premium - I can still question them if something goes wrong later !! Do not know if it's just an experience with me or any other guys too!
Old 16th November 2014, 22:17   #9941
BHPian

Quote:
I've started the exercise with olx's and quikr's-- But somehow, in Bangalore- couldn't find genuine sellers - Had a similar experience when i wanted to but a scooty for my wife - and ended up buying her a new Wego instead- People on olx end up being some dealers again with suspicious offers- and Genuine guys are also poached a lot by these carwale/cartrade guys from the moment they post thier ad's!! Hence I've boiled down to the true value's though i pay a premium - I can still question them if something goes wrong later !! Do not know if it's just an experience with me or any other guys too!
Hi vijaychand87
as far as buying a used car is concerned, if you can get the complete history of the car from the company service station, and if its clean, then there shouldn't be any problem from buying it from carwale. you have to pay some money to the company service station and get the car thoroughly checked. From my own experience, i bought my fabia which was listed on Carwale. When i got the history of it, i found that it had been into a major accident where the used car dealer was telling me that it was a clean car. The two important things here are that the dealer was lying(one), but the car was repaired in the company service station. So the job done was completely reliable(two).Hence i went to the dealer and showed him the history, caught his bluff,and then i had all the calling cards in my hands to bargain for the price. And hence i bought the complete refurbished car for very less price.(believe me..!!)
So, things to remember are,
1. Dealers may lie to you
2. So, always check the history of the car
3. and if you are lucky (like me), you will definitely find a bargain.
Old 16th November 2014, 22:32   #9942
BHPian

Quote:
In Blr, some 6 months back, I too was looking for a used scooter for my wife, couldn't be sure about it though there were too many available, settled for a New Wego. Found it too similar to your story, so shared.
Old 16th November 2014, 23:17   #9943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Guys,

Looking to sell my SX4 Zxi (Top end model).
Single careful owner.
January 2011.
Run only 20,500 Kms.
Full detailed service history.
No accidents or flood damage.
In genuine showroom condition.
Fitted with V Kool film on all windows and windscreens.
OEM speakers upgraded to Pioneer.

What would be a fair asking price for this car?

Regards,
SS
An SX4 is not such a sort after model but since you have such a low mileage on it I'd expect somewhere between 3.85 to 4.50L to be the best price for it. Is the car registered in Goa by any chance?

Last edited by richie4u : 16th November 2014 at 23:19.
Old 16th November 2014, 23:48   #9944
BHPian

I looking to buy a

Mahindra Logan 2008 1.6 GLS petrol
ABS + Driver Airbag
Driven : 52320 km
Hyderabad reg
CNG converted in 2010

Overall condition seems good enough. No dents/scratches
Driven for a short distance in CNG mode. Pickup seems decent for a CNG

I heard that Logan has strong underpinnings and reliable engines. Ride and handling seems decent for a commuter. I guess I can live with those weird ergonomics.

Asking price :2 Lakh

Is it worth it ?
Old 17th November 2014, 12:00   #9945
BHPian

I'm on the look out for a used car to be used by my wife and have shortlisted Santro Xing or Zen Estilo as my wife is comfortable and/or likes these 2 cars. I came across a listing from my city on Olx for a 2004 model Santro Xing XP used by a Doctor lady. I'm planning to go check out the vehicle in person today evening. Can bhp-ians help me with what price I should quote and by this for? They've not quoted any pricing yet. Link of Olx listing: http://palakkad.olx.in/hyundai-santr...-iid-746296344

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks