Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2014, 18:59   #10021
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Finalized on a Used outlander today - 2011 Model (from out of state) for 8L; great condition, run 5o+ K, all service details and documents available and clear. Took to the service station and got it checked, paid the token amount

Now starts the process of transfering to MH12 RTO All the best to me
Old 8th December 2014, 21:40   #10022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleo View Post
Finalized on a Used outlander today - 2011 Model (from out of state) for 8L; great condition, run 5o+ K, all service details and documents available and clear. Took to the service station and got it checked, paid the token amount

Can you tell me how the whole tax refund process works if you buy an out of state car pay tax in present state and re-register it.
Old 8th December 2014, 22:22   #10023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedriver View Post
Can you tell me how the whole tax refund process works if you buy an out of state car pay tax in present state and re-register it.
+1; even i would like to know.
Old 9th December 2014, 01:39   #10024
BHPian

Well, I been reading up a bit but am not very optimistic about it. Some people got it,some jus gave up trying. Once I get it re- registered, then I'm supposed to go back to the original state and provide the new documents to prove I have paid the tax in new state. Then try and claim for refund. Spoke to a couple of agents and nobody had a clear idea of what needed to be done. 'kar ke denge sir' is the best I have heard. I'm not hoping much+ the fact that im buying a company owned car will add to the complication. I even thought of registering in my name in original state a d then transfering to MHso that the refund will be easier but gave up due to lack of address proof. Only positive is I have original docs for tax paid. Will try my luck and may be incentivise the agent a bit so that he'll push it and get it done
Old 9th December 2014, 07:37   #10025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Budget 6 / 6.5 lac Max, need a diesel, abs must, sedan, highway cruiser, and very high reliability. Reliability is the top most priority as I won't have the time and the money to spend on major repairs. I was thinking of getting a Chevy cruze. I saw a few nice ones online. Have heard horror stories of VAG cars, so that's out. Any other car to consider ?

DZire? Etios? They both come to my mind when reliability is top priority. Very easy on the pocket too. Are you looking at a specific segment I.e. C2 or above or will anything go?
Old 9th December 2014, 08:25   #10026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleo View Post

Many congrats on finding the car you wanted and In must say you really got a very good deal. Now time for some nice pictures.
Old 9th December 2014, 11:56   #10027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Just asking this on behalf of my friend who has posted this on TBHP Classified: http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ndeavour.html/ He wanted me to ask you guys just one question: Is the expected price fine for Bangalore Market?
Any input on this guys?
Old 9th December 2014, 12:31   #10028
BHPian

Guys, Have a 2009 Oct Fiesta Petrol 1.6. Driven only by my dad in Blr.
Planning to replace the same with a hatchback for him. The car has done 53K and is in good condition. The interiors are fine and the exterior has a few scratches while reversing the car and a couple on the sides done by the neighbourhood kids.

Is 3.1 to 3.2 lakhs a reasonable price to expect?
Old 9th December 2014, 14:10   #10029
Distinguished - BHPian

Note: Couldn't find a relevant thread, so posting it here. I request Mods to move to any existing thread if it is irrelevant here.

http://chennai.quikr.com/HONDA-CITY-...AdIdZ192314510
http://chennai.quikr.com/Honda-city-...AdIdZ192173937

Came across this ad for 5k ran 2012 Honda City in Quikr with a mouth watering deal of 2.8L. When I called the mentioned mobile number a gentle man (language seem to be a foreigner) picked up and gave me another number to contact. It was a lady and said the car is available inside Chennai Airport Authority office and the details were little shocking

Make, Model & Variant : 2012 Honda City VMT
Registration status : Not Registered
Price Quoted : 2.8L (Price inclusive of registering to the buyer name)
Time to visit / check : 10:00~17:00 at Customs office

Can a unregistered vehicle used by airport authorities? When I enquired the same to that lady, she said it is used within the premises and thus it is unregistered. In general a government property is always Auctioned, but this case since the vehicle is not registered yet, it can't be a government property at first. How can they use it for past 2 years? Dealers were not supposed to sell vehicles without registering it. And how can they sell it / register it now?
Old 9th December 2014, 21:27   #10030
BHPian

That is a Nigerian Scam.. dont fall for it.
Hashmi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 22:26   #10031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Any input on this guys?
It is very high. I had seen a 2004 4x4 with full service history last year and final price was 4.25 L, doesn't get much lower than this though.
Old 9th December 2014, 22:28   #10032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Dealers were not supposed to sell vehicles without registering it. And how can they sell it / register it now?
Why don't you check the car out in person? Only then we would come to know about truth.
Old 9th December 2014, 22:45   #10033
NKR
BHPian

Hi fellow petrolheads,

What should I pay for a Skoda Yeti 2014 Ambiente, also what should I pay for a Jetta 2011 (Highline AT). I have gone through various valuation including the blue book. What is the realistic prices in Mumbai

Thanks in Advance
Old 9th December 2014, 23:12   #10034
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Why don't you check the car out in person? Only then we would come to know about truth.
Timing doesn't match with my office hours. Will be visiting this weekend (if the car is still available for sale) before which I wanted to confirm if any member came across this deal (to be crisp, wanted to confirm if it is a deal or scam)
Old 10th December 2014, 15:46   #10035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashmi View Post
That is a Nigerian Scam.. dont fall for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Timing doesn't match with my office hours. Will be visiting this weekend (if the car is still available for sale) before which I wanted to confirm if any member came across this deal (to be crisp, wanted to confirm if it is a deal or scam)
I guess this is a Nigerian scam. The Modus Oparandi of this particular scam is as mentioned in your post (A foreigner picks up the call and hands over/passes the call to a lady with an Indian name). One suggestion to you: Never deposit money in any account until they show you the car with all valid papers. All the very best and looking for an update from you.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed