Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2009, 17:27   #991
BHPian

Guys, please help me out with a JUne 2008, Verna CRDi that i'v come across. Its the base model which has done around 17k kms.Stock condition with 11 months's comprehensive insurance on the car remaining.The owner's quoting 5.85 lakhs considering the insurance.Is this a good price?
Also is 17k kms a little on the higher side for a diesel car that's about a year old?
I need urgent advice on this as I'v got to make the offer within a very short time.
Thanks in advance for all the help and advice.
Cheers.
Old 19th August 2009, 17:46   #992
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
I plan to take it to Hariprasad automobiles for a check tomorrow - The brake disks are definitely wrapped as the steering shudders during hard braking and the brake pedal pulses under my foot.

Carwale quotes 1.4L but the owner is refusing to budge under 1.6L Rs.
You will have at least 25000 Rs. additional expenses for 60K servicing+Timing belt change+Brakes+ Suspension Overhaul So 1.3L would be the upperlimit for this car. Also you may discover other issues with the car.
Old 19th August 2009, 17:53   #993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
Guys,please help me out with a Verna CRDi that I'm looking at in Kolkata.Its the base model.Stock condition.June, 2008 model and run about 17k kms.A couple of scratches here and there.It has 11 month's comprehensive insurance still left, which will be transferred to me.Owner's quoting a price tag of 5.85 lakhs considering the insurance.Is it a good price?
Also do you think that 17k kms. is a bit on the higher side for a year old diesel??
Please help me out urgently as I need to make an offer within a very short time.
Thanks in advance for all the advice.
Cheers
This seems to be a good price. try asking for 5.5L then it will be a steal. 17K is normal for any diesel car to be run in a year so do not bother about it.
Old 19th August 2009, 18:10   #994
BHPian

@dieselfan:thanx for the prompt reply buddy.The thing is the owner's not willing to budge beyond this price.Should take it at the price considering comp. insurance would set me back by 14-16 k?
Old 19th August 2009, 18:54   #995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@dieselfan:thanx for the prompt reply buddy.The thing is the owner's not willing to budge beyond this price.Should take it at the price considering comp. insurance would set me back by 14-16 k?
If you really like the car go ahead and buy it. Before buying check with Hyundai on the servicing details so far and if there were any major complaints on the car. Make sure the car is not a lemon.
Old 19th August 2009, 19:08   #996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
You will have at least 25000 Rs. additional expenses for 60K servicing+Timing belt change+Brakes+ Suspension Overhaul So 1.3L would be the upperlimit for this car. Also you may discover other issues with the car.
I've budgeted about the same amount for the 60K service - I'll hold out till the owner comes down to atleast 1.4L Rs.

But then, Palio 1.6's are rare in Bangalore.
Old 19th August 2009, 19:10   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
I'm being offered a Dec 2001 (Jan 2002 registered) Palio 1.6 GTX for 1.7 Lac's in Bangalore. The car is single owner and has done 55k Km's. Tyres are new and the spare wheel is a steel one.

It needs a complete brake overhaul (front disks are wrapped) and a new front windscreen - it has no ICE. What would be a good price to pay?
Dude in Bangalore, 1.5 is a fair price since he does not have a music system. It is better to pay a premium for first owner vehicle, does he have the service history with him? Check the AC and its effectivness, alternator..

I still regret that I wasn't able to buy the GTX, instead I went for an old esteem. This was during October last year when the fuel prices were high & I was on very tight budget, but now i am searching hard for a GTX in Chennai. Hope I get a good deal.
Old 19th August 2009, 19:17   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Dude in Bangalore, 1.5 is a fair price since he does not have a music system. It is better to pay a premium for first owner vehicle, does he have the service history with him?
The service is unavailable - the owner claims to have serviced the car recently and green tracks (and that the bill was 8K) , which leaves we wondering why he didn't change the front brake disks. Anyways, will know more tomorrow.

The biggest -ve is that the car is "Royal Gold" color. It isn't the most appealing of color choices for the Palio.
Old 19th August 2009, 20:03   #999
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Yup, that's just about the extra budget for the kind of mileage. Don't forget to have a peep at spark plugs, injectors and the manifolds. Get hold of Ganpani at Hariprasad. He is a master at FIAT engines.

IMO, timing belt, brake pads, AC servicing have to be done immediately if not later. So, you can count them in the budget.
Old 19th August 2009, 22:17   #1000
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Dude in Bangalore, 1.5 is a fair price since he does not have a music system. It is better to pay a premium for first owner vehicle, does he have the service history with him? Check the AC and its effectivness, alternator..
I agree with Mr Bean about the premium for a single owner vehicle in good condition. The disc rotors and pads are not too expensive and not a major job. When the wheels are taken off to do the brakes have the rims checked for warping / bends and get them rectified.

55K km is not too high if the car has been handled and maintained well. I think the timing belt needs to be changed much later - please have F.A.S.S. confirm on this.

I have been saying over the past year that good Palio 1.6s are becoming rare, if you want one, I guess the time to buy is now before the prices shoot through the roof as in the case of RD350s.

Your previous experience with 1.6s should have taught you a bit - LOL.

Wish you all the best.

Cheers,

Last edited by Ravveendrra : 19th August 2009 at 22:19.
Old 19th August 2009, 23:14   #1001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I agree with Mr Bean about the premium for a single owner vehicle in good condition.

I have been saying over the past year that good Palio 1.6s are becoming rare, if you want one, I guess the time to buy is now before the prices shoot through the roof as in the case of RD350s.

Your previous experience with 1.6s should have taught you a bit - LOL.
We Fiat fans are drifting far off topic aren't we? I wouldn't quite list the Palio 1.6 with the likes of the RD350's just yet - Fiat still sells the Palio 1.6

Plus, I don't really like the color of this car - its "Royal Gold" or something. Where are all those nice purple ones ?

Last edited by CrackedHead : 19th August 2009 at 23:18.
Old 20th August 2009, 14:54   #1002
BHPian

help me out guys please. have to decide soon.

Quote:
Guys, please help me out with a JUne 2008, Verna CRDi that i'v come across. Its the base model which has done around 17k kms.Stock condition with 11 months's comprehensive insurance on the car remaining.The owner's quoting 5.85 lakhs considering the insurance.Is this a good price?
Also is 17k kms a little on the higher side for a diesel car that's about a year old?
I need urgent advice on this as I'v got to make the offer within a very short time.
Thanks in advance for all the help and advice.
Cheers.
Old 21st August 2009, 18:57   #1003
BHPian

Is buying second hand esteem-2007 Vxi a good idea?

There is a Esteem-2007 Vxi model available via Maruthi True Value for 3.4lk (may be it can be negotiated for 3 round) in Bangalore.
Need to know whether it is a safe bet based on the below.
1) Will it have a decent resale value after 3-4 years time as the product line is already discontinued?
2) Will its cost of ownership escalate in the short term?
3) Heard its FE is decent (12 Kmpl in city and 17-18 on high-way). Are those figures approximately correct?
Please help me with your opinions on this..
Old 21st August 2009, 19:55   #1004
BHPian

Buying an esteem worth 3lakh + is not worth at present in my opinion. Resale value may not be the same after 3-4 years. Sourcing spares may not be a major problem. You have an option of going for a swift petrol (3.5 range). If you like esteem, then go for a bit older model where you will be investing less money (2005, 2006 model for 2.6 to 2.8 lakhs).

I think you have mentioned the pearl silver 27000 odd kms single owner car from bimal right??

OT : I am also looking for an esteem (I love this car), but within the range of 2.2 to 2.4 lakhs. Much more than that is simply not worth.

Last edited by mnhegde : 21st August 2009 at 19:56.
Old 21st August 2009, 20:07   #1005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhegde View Post
I think you have mentioned the pearl silver 27000 odd kms single owner car from bimal right??

OT : I am also looking for an esteem (I love this car), but within the range of 2.2 to 2.4 lakhs. Much more than that is simply not worth.
yes...the same car. Thanks for the suggestion. Ya 3.4lk is on the higher side. I didn't want Swift because of its cramped rear. My car comfortably needs to seat 2 adults and 2 infants in the rear!
Any other car suggestions?

Most Viewed