Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2014, 22:35   #10036
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hi,

Posting on behalf of a friend. Would like to know what is a realistic price for a SX4. Details as mentioned-

Model- SX4
Variant- Zxi ABS with leather interiors
Year- 2009 made & reg.
Reg- MH-01
Colour- Silver
Mileage- 87K kms

The car dealerships for exchange are giving a value of approx. 2 lakhs. While ads on olx consistently are mentioning over 3.5 lakhs. Would be great if I could know what the price would be?
Old 11th December 2014, 14:52   #10037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post
Hi,

Posting on behalf of a friend. Would like to know what is a realistic price for a SX4. Details as mentioned-

Model- SX4
Variant- Zxi ABS with leather interiors
Year- 2009 made & reg.
Reg- MH-01
Colour- Silver
Mileage- 87K kms

The car dealerships for exchange are giving a value of approx. 2 lakhs. While ads on olx consistently are mentioning over 3.5 lakhs. Would be great if I could know what the price would be?
You can expect between 2.5 - 2.75 Lacs. It would have fetched more if it is not Mumbai registered. Kilometers done on the car is also on higher side. In Pune, similar car we get around for 3 - 3.5 Lacs.
Old 14th December 2014, 20:12   #10038
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of selling my car in order to buy a new automatic vehicle and was hoping to get estimates for my current car. Following are the details:

Car: Maruti Suzuki SX4
Version: ZXi VVT (Petrol)
Color: Azure Grey
Mileage: 32.5k kms
Year of Purchase: August 2010

Would love to hear from the experienced people here as to how much should be my expectation.
Old 14th December 2014, 20:27   #10039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Hi Guys,

I think 4 -4.5 lakh will be a decent amount for your car. SX4 due to it's low FE does not do very well in the used car market thus you will have to take quite a depreciation hit.
Old 14th December 2014, 20:43   #10040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
I think 4 -4.5 lakh will be a decent amount for your car. SX4 due to it's low FE does not do very well in the used car market thus you will have to take quite a depreciation hit.
My father showed the car to a Maruti dealer and we were quoted 2.5 lakhs for the car. Hence a bit confused about the fair amount. I know the dealership will quote a lower amount but just wanted to know that if I bargain, what would a fair amount to bargain.
Old 14th December 2014, 22:05   #10041
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A little over 3L should be a fair deal. Don't take it to dealers, SX4 petrol don't fetch much attraction across dealers and they will be quoting atleast a lakh less than what a potential buyer could pay you.
Old 14th December 2014, 23:27   #10042
BHPian

Quote:
My father showed the car to a Maruti dealer and we were quoted 2.5 lakhs for the car. Hence a bit confused about the fair amount. I know the dealership will quote a lower amount but just wanted to know that if I bargain, what would a fair amount to bargain.
Maruti dealers offer ridiculous prices for used cars. They quoted Rs. 60,000 for my Spark.

I think you should expect Rs. 3.5 lakhs for your SX4. 4-4.5 is a bit too much honestly.
Old 15th December 2014, 00:30   #10043
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I am thinking of selling my car in order to buy a new automatic vehicle and was hoping to get estimates for my current car. Following are the details:

Would love to hear from the experienced people here as to how much should be my expectation.
Hi Saanil,

I have also got an SX4 which is up for sale. Jan 2011. Run 20K. Bom registered. Just yesterday I refused an offer of 4.5L as I was expecting 5.00L. Willing to let it go for 4.8 as insurance is coming due.
Do not waste your time going to Maruti True Value. They will quote at least 75K to 1.0L less than market price.
Dealers are the same. Waste of time. One guy offered me 3.0L yesterday.
This when my friends six year old Dzire petrol with 110K on the clock is going for 2.5L!!

I agree with "Toyotafan" about the expected price but not the low mileage. He is right about the older cars but not the ones with the VVT engine (2009 and after). For a sedan with a 1.6L engine what does one expect? Does anyone complain about the Corolla or Civic's fuel consumption? Yes! They are 1.8L engines but only give about 7.5 to 8.0Kmpl. The SX4 gives 8.5 to 9 in the city and 13 on the highway with AC on all the time. I think that's not bad at all. My WagonR gives just about 11 in the city so I'm not complaining about the SX4 consumption.

PM me and I will give you the numbers of two guys (my prospective buyers) who may be willing to pay 3.9 to 4.0L for your car. I hope you have the full service history and car is in immaculate condition. No accidents etc.

Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 01:25   #10044
BHPian

What should be a good price estimate for my 2009 VW Jetta. I am the second owner. 49200 kms done. 1.9 diesel Manual Trendline .Car is in immaculate condition except for a few scratches on the front doors. Recently overhauled the suspension and installed new tires. Full service history available.
Old 15th December 2014, 07:29   #10045
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I sold my 2009 Dec sx4 run 43k km in Nov 2013 for Rs 4.25lakh. That was my quoted price and found a buyer who was willing to pay that. This is in Bangalore. My actual expectation was between 3.75 and 4. Offers from dealers ranged from 2.5 to 3.3.

Based on all this I think you can potentially expect something in the 3.5 to 4 range.
Old 15th December 2014, 07:43   #10046
BHPian

Can someone tell me which is the best portal in Bangalore where one can expect a good response when an advertisement is posted.

I am trying hard to sell my Manza, but unfortunately the response is low.
Old 15th December 2014, 08:28   #10047
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Can someone tell me which is the best portal in Bangalore where one can expect a good response when an advertisement is posted.
From my experience (Chennai & Coimbatore)
1) Olx - Beware, there are numerous dealers and time wasters will keep calling you)
2) T-BHP Classifieds - Genuine buyers
3) Quikr
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 11:04   #10048
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post

I am trying hard to sell my Manza, but unfortunately the response is low.
Try to get it into the classifieds of the large IT companies like Accenture, Infy, TCS, IBM, HP etc... When I was in the process of selling my earlier car, the best responses were from these places
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 11:19   #10049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Try to get it into the classifieds of the large IT companies like Accenture, Infy, TCS, IBM, HP etc... When I was in the process of selling my earlier car, the best responses were from these places
That is a good idea. But I will have to get in through someone working in these companies right? If I am not wrong, only the employees can post adds in their official classifieds portal.
Old 15th December 2014, 11:39   #10050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
For a sedan with a 1.6L engine what does one expect? Does anyone complain about the Corolla or Civic's fuel consumption? Yes! They are 1.8L engines but only give about 7.5 to 8.0Kmpl.
I've heard occasional cribbing about Civic's mileage, but not about Corolla. A close friends Corolla (> 8 yrs old) returns ~10 kmpl, and most part of his commute is on horrible ORR. So, corolla returning ~8 kmpl doesnt sound right.
Secondly, both Civic and Corolla are from a segment above and most people will compare the SX4 with the city, and that is one fuel efficient car. IMHO, someone looking to buy a used car is looking for "value", and therefore, a difference in fuel efficiency is probably more relevant in the used car market than in the new one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks