Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2014, 20:32   #10066
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
What should I quote for a 2000 armada? 57k genuine kms. I've been quoted 2 lakhs. Good condition.
I suppose you are the Buyer.
Are you sure its 2000 as Armada was replaced by Bolero in 2000.
Asking price is extremely high.
For info, we sold our 2000 Year Bolero in excellent condition in 2010 for 2L.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2014, 21:05   #10067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
@ Pramod - I drive one and it has covered 1.1 lakh kms and other than Clutch Plate and suspension work nothing has ever been done. I know another Accent that has covered 1.6 lakh km without any issues.

Neither do I agree with parts being expensive. The clutch plate was changed at 95k kms and it was less than 18k in cost.

So would like to understand the expensive data point was mentioned comparatively. If so the brand details would be of help

Hope this isn't based on hear say !!
I know couple of cars that needed injector changing, there are a lot of threads here. 18k for a clutch plate doesn't sound expensive to you?

Pramod
Old 21st December 2014, 21:24   #10068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13thpsycho View Post
fellow Bhpians

Would like to know what should I expect to get for my 2011 Superb, 38k run, single owner. One year warranty and insurance. Not a single scratch on the car, excellent condition. Obviously I would like to sell it to an individual rather than a dealer. Please help people!

Thanks.
Is it the petrol or diesel version? also the variant?
Old 21st December 2014, 21:36   #10069
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Guys. How much can I expect for a 2010 full option (ABS, etc) Manza quadrjet. It has done 62000 Kms. It's 2nd owner.
Old 21st December 2014, 23:47   #10070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordred View Post
Is it the petrol or diesel version? also the variant?
It's diesel. Superb 2.0 tdi CR elegance. 38k run with complete service history. Replaced tyres around 10k Kms because they weren't good enough. Put in pirelli p7 215/55 they have tread left for at least 25-30k kilometres. It's a no expense car. How much do you say it should sell for?
Old 22nd December 2014, 09:09   #10071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
I know couple of cars that needed injector changing, there are a lot of threads here. 18k for a clutch plate doesn't sound expensive to you?

Pramod
@Pramod - 18k was with the flywheel replacement which I think is fine. I am not here to dispute your claims especially about the injector replacement but the point I am driving home is the cost of ownership. IMHO Hyundai's are definitely cheaper to maintain say compared to the best selling Maruti Swift (diesel)

Few pointers

1. Gear Box oil - Hyundai recommends change of Gearbox oil every 80k ~ 90k kms. Maruti recommends it to be changed every 20k (or every year)
You spend 4x more for a Swift
2. Coolant - Hyundai recommends change every 60k kms or 3 years though I change it every 2 years due to extensive use compared to 20k of Swift - Again higher cost 2x ~ 3x increase cost
3. EGR - Hyundai recommends EGR cleaning every 1 lakh while Maruti recommends every 30k or 40 k - 2x increase cost
4. Clutch plate - Many of my friends who own a Swift Diesel have changed their clutch plates twice in less than 80k kms. Each time they quoted a bill of around 9k. While I replaced mine only at 95k and with fly wheel after inspection

The individual spare cost could be low but the periodicity of replacement and service charges increase the cost of ownership.

Summary - Inspite me providing MASS and HASS the Engine Oil of choice (Mobil 5w40 Delvac1) the Swift Service bill has always been higher for me compared to Hyundai Accent

Just wanted to use the above data points to clear the so called perception of expensive spares of Hyundai !!

csateesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 09:22   #10072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Posting on behalf of a friend.

He has two options:

1) Ford Fusion (2006 model, diesel engine)
ODO: 95,000 kms
Price: 1,90,000

He is in a dilemma on which car to choose. Please share your valuable views which may help him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Why the Palio? It is the 1.9D which was slow and is extinct now. Tge Fusion is a 1.4 TDCi from Ford which still sells in the Classic. Its turbocharged, better performance, drivability and more efficient too. Fusion's AC is better.
My friend bought Ford Fusion. The final price he paid for the car was Rs. 1,68,000. All the 5 tyres (including the spare) have more than 80% life.
Old 22nd December 2014, 10:30   #10073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
My friend bought Ford Fusion. The final price he paid for the car was Rs. 1,68,000. All the 5 tyres (including the spare) have more than 80% life.
I am happy for your friend.
How about getting it WolfMotoed?
Old 22nd December 2014, 11:59   #10074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
IMHO Hyundai's are definitely cheaper to
I not trying to argue with you and i get your point seeing your signature, did i ever say i am comparing Hyundai with Maruti?

The spares are expensive compared to a lot of cars in its segment.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion, so am I. lets not make it a you vs me thread.

To each his own. peace....

Pramod
Old 22nd December 2014, 12:07   #10075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I am happy for your friend.
How about getting it WolfMotoed?
Sorry for this ignorant question: What is WolfMotoed?
Old 22nd December 2014, 23:30   #10076
Senior - BHPian

Looking for a used car within 4-4.5 lakhs. Any idea about used car loans? Who would be the best bet in terms of ease of loan procurement?
motorworks is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 00:06   #10077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Looking for a used car within 4-4.5 lakhs. Any idea about used car loans? Who would be the best bet in terms of ease of loan procurement?
Used car loans are difficult and expensive. The best option is to go for a gold loan. You can shop around and get it at 11 percent.
Old 23rd December 2014, 14:23   #10078
BHPian

Am looking to sell my Skoda Octavia Automatic Rider 1.9 AT. Its Apr 2007 and has clocked 67000 Kms. I am the third owner technically as it was a company owned car and before being transferred it was transferred within group company once for depreciation purposes.

I am selling it off as the wife wants an auto hatchback. Howmuch can I expect, and which automatic hatchback should I opt for. I am personally eyeing the brio - hoping that I get one that is as well maintained as my skoda. What price range should I be looking for - for such a deal?
Old 23rd December 2014, 22:48   #10079
Senior - BHPian

Came across a used 2011 new shape swift zxi as a replacement for my wife's alto. It's a single owner, bangalore registered vehicle, clocked about 30k. Since its zxi it's got all the bells and whistles. Trouble is that the exterior has taken quite a beating. The bonnet needs to be repainted and there are things like a broken fog lamp, tail light etc apart from the usual dents and minor scratches. The owner is quoting about 4.3 lakhs. The tyres are already nearing their end of their life too..

Trouble is the owner has not renewed insurance which was due about a month ago. Now even if I buy the vehicle for about 4.3L, it looks like I will have to incur around 10k for the insurance, about another 20-30k on the painting and repair work. Is it worth it?

I have not come across the new swift zxi for anything less than 5 to 5.25 lakhs in bangalore.
Your feedback would be really helpful.
Old 23rd December 2014, 23:15   #10080
BHPian

Sold my 60,500 km done Swift VDi 2008 for 3.5 lacs in Bangalore

Most Viewed