Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2014, 20:03   #10096
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbalagru6 View Post
Car Model - Ford Fiesta 1.6 S Petrol (Sports edition with ABS/Dual Airbag/Rear Spoilers/Etc...)
Boss your faith in ford is reassuring!

A quick solution would be to check the websites(carwale, cardekho, olx) for 1.6S selling rates and bargain based on that.

You may bargain that year is ending, fiesta is going to get discontinued by 2015 February, high maintenance, and such.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2014, 20:25   #10097
BHPian

I have a 2000 Toyota Qualis done 126k so far. It has a fair share of dents and I was considering an overhaul and full body paint. Wondering it is worth doing it.
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1419778238.192280.jpg
I was quoted 2.4lakhs by Lanson on with replacing all dented parts (eg bonnet, one door, dickey door etc)
I think if I sell it I won't get more than 2 lakhs?
It drives very well and I've always serviced it only at Lanson.
Sorry for posting in the wrong thread, couldn't find a more suitable thread!
Old 28th December 2014, 21:29   #10098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru View Post
A friend in Mumbai is selling his 2011 Chevy Magnum 2.0. I'm interested since I know the seller can be fully trusted. But need advice on three points:

1 Is it a good idea to buy since the car has long been discontinued?

2 Is it worth the trouble and costs transferring it to Delhi?

3 How much will be the avg annual maintenance costs?

Need clarity on these points before I go ahead and seal the deal. Please help.
I cannot comment on the maintenance costs but about transferring it to Delhi, to my knowledge all state registrations are legal in Delhi. Meaning you don't need to re-register it in Delhi or pay Road tax. This is to my knowledge and i could be wrong But please check about it before you decide.
Old 29th December 2014, 05:36   #10099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I have a 2000 Toyota Qualis done 126k so far. It has a fair share of dents and I was considering an overhaul and full body paint. Wondering it is worth doing it.
Attachment 1322431
I was quoted 2.4lakhs by Lanson on with replacing all dented parts (eg bonnet, one door, dickey door etc)
I think if I sell it I won't get more than 2 lakhs?
It drives very well and I've always serviced it only at Lanson.
Sorry for posting in the wrong thread, couldn't find a more suitable thread!
You can get it done from an outside garage or a painting and tinkering shop at around 2500-3000 per panel which will cost you about 30000 or at the maximum 50000.
You can go ahead and spend on the car if you intend to keep it for a few more years. If you plan to sell, don't even spend a penny on the exteriors as you won't get even a portion of the money back.
Old 29th December 2014, 13:00   #10100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedriver View Post
I cannot comment on the maintenance costs but about transferring it to Delhi, to my knowledge all state registrations are legal in Delhi. Meaning you don't need to re-register it in Delhi or pay Road tax. This is to my knowledge and i could be wrong But please check about it before you decide.
If I'm not mistaken, the rule is that you have to change registration within six months. The Delhi transport website is not very clear about this:

Quote:
What is the procedure of re-registration of motor vehicles brought to Delhi from other states ?

If a registered owner of a vehicle brings the vehicle to Delhi, which is already registered in some other state after obtaining a N.O.C from the concerned state can apply for re-registration in Delhi, The documents required are as under:

Other state registration certificate in original.
Form 28 (NOC in duplicate)
Form 27.
Form 20.
Attested copy of address proof.
Attested copy of valid insurance.
Attested copy of pollution under control certificate.
Challan clearance from traffic police or enfrocement wing of transport deptt. On case of commercial vehicle only.
Fitness certificate issued by the board of inspec. Burari.
Road tax (as applicable)
Prescribed fee for registration.
Note : Such registration of vehicle are subject to clearance from national crime record bureau. The transport department arranges the clearance certificate themselves.

http://delhigovt.nic.in/newdelhi/dep...sport/tr10.asp
Old 29th December 2014, 13:55   #10101
BHPian

Quote:
What would be the correct price for the below car,

Registered Location - Bangalore
Car Model - Ford Fiesta 1.6 S Petrol (Sports edition with ABS/Dual Airbag/Rear Spoilers/Etc...)
Year - Nov 2008
Single owner
Mileage - ~40000 Kms

Comprehensive insurance till Nov 2015. Condition of the car looks good from inside and outside.
Seller is quoting ~3.45 Lakhs, slightly negotiable.
IMO the residual value of this car in next 3 years will stand at 1 lakh max. Service cost may not escalate much, if you are ok with this you can go ahead and fix your own value. I would not pay more than 2.5L that is if the car is in excellent condition, otherwise you are getting diesel version of this car for 3.5 - 3.75L.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 18:10   #10102
BHPian

SX4 ZXI Automatic
Nov 2010, 28,000 kms
City : Pune - Car is MH 14 (PCMC) registered.
Asking price (Dealer) 4.95 lac

Looks to be in good condition from outside.

What would be correct/ reasonable price to offer, If service history confirms mileage? For me around 4 lac looks reasonable price.

Please let me know if any other information required.

Last edited by Vishal.R : 29th December 2014 at 18:12.
Old 29th December 2014, 18:16   #10103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post

IMO the residual value of this car in next 3 years will stand at 1 lakh max. Service cost may not escalate much, if you are ok with this you can go ahead and fix your own value. I would not pay more than 2.5L that is if the car is in excellent condition, otherwise you are getting diesel version of this car for 3.5 - 3.75L.
There is no other version of this car.
And it's pretty hard to align a residual value in the coming years to the S. Similar to how the 1.5 vtec still exchanges hands from 1l to even 3l based on condition. It's a recognised performer, and someone will come along and drop the asking price itself.
However, 2.5 does seem to be fair for it.
Old 3rd January 2015, 14:48   #10104
Senior - BHPian

Finalized a 2012 Brio S (o) MT with 18k on the ODO today. It was a single owner, bangalore registration car. Was in decent condition. Paid 4.1 Lakh for this.
Any idea if the valuation is fair?
Old 3rd January 2015, 15:43   #10105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I meant the TCDI, yes there is no S version in diesel.
Old 3rd January 2015, 15:58   #10106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Finalized a 2012 Brio S (o) MT with 18k on the ODO today. It was a single owner, bangalore registration car. Was in decent condition. Paid 4.1 Lakh for this.
Any idea if the valuation is fair?
You are sitting on just 10k premium. That ok for a well maintained car.
Old 3rd January 2015, 16:14   #10107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishal.R View Post
SX4 ZXI Automatic
Nov 2010, 28,000 kms
City : Pune - Car is MH 14 (PCMC) registered.
Asking price (Dealer) 4.95 lac

Looks to be in good condition from outside.

What would be correct/ reasonable price to offer, If service history confirms mileage? For me around 4 lac looks reasonable price.

Please let me know if any other information required.
Hello,

4.95 lakhs is too high for a petrol automatic, that too which never sold well.
I don't think anything above 3.8 lakhs is good for this car. The only thing going for its slightly high resale value is the low ODO reading. Automatic petrols depreciate like stink, do negotiate further.

All The Best

Asit
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2015, 19:52   #10108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Boss your faith in ford is reassuring!

A quick solution would be to check the websites(carwale, cardekho, olx) for 1.6S selling rates and bargain based on that.

You may bargain that year is ending, fiesta is going to get discontinued by 2015 February, high maintenance, and such.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
And it's pretty hard to align a residual value in the coming years to the S. Similar to how the 1.5 vtec still exchanges hands from 1l to even 3l based on condition. It's a recognised performer, and someone will come along and drop the asking price itself.
However, 2.5 does seem to be fair for it.

Thanks for the reverts.. Car is in excellent condition going by the look of it, yet to TD it. Gone through so many websites (TBHP, Carwale, Cardekho, Olx, etc..) to get an idea of asking price.

First of all, its very rare to come across a 1.6 S on sale and so far I have seen just this one. Price check/valuation mentioned in these websites are in the range of 2.8 to 3.5 lakhs depending on condition of the car.

Now I am confused...

Last edited by moralfibre : 5th January 2015 at 09:07. Reason: Reformatting post.
Old 4th January 2015, 21:21   #10109
Senior - BHPian

2011 Chevrolet Optra Magnum 2.0 LT TCDI (top end diesel model). Car has just 27000kms and is in excellent condition (claimed). Single owner and car is in Bangalore. what should be a decent price to offer considering that the car is not in production anymore? How is the maintenance costs for this car?
Old 5th January 2015, 01:11   #10110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reverts.. Car is in excellent condition going by the look of it, yet to TD it. Gone through so many websites (TBHP, Carwale, Cardekho, Olx, etc..) to get an idea of asking price.

First of all, its very rare to come across a 1.6 S on sale and so far I have seen just this one. Price check/valuation mentioned in these websites are in the range of 2.8 to 3.5 lakhs depending on condition of the car.

Now I am confused...
Personally, I do think the price is fair. Atleast, this is a very similar price I got when I was trying carwale a week back. Bangalore being the most heavy on taxes, this is a very decent price. You can probably try to bring it down to 3.25 or so.

Most of those who have an "S", clearly know what they have in their hand.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks