Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2015, 09:52   #10276
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Hi doc, you are right about reliability of a Corolla, but in Bangalore even a run down yellow board Corolla sells for a minimum of 2L.
Lancer at the moment is really good VFM, it is better than Baleno and City in built quality, spare cost may be a little high as compared to the two. In your budget it makes a lot of sense. Happy hunting.
Exactly right Zulfi Hansi. Used car prices are ridiculous in Bangalore. I have spoken to people asking for even 2 lakhs for 2003-2005 lancers.

P.S:- I found a '2002 Lancer for sale' ad in quicker. The guy was asking Rs.1.4 L. It was a black lancer with CF sticker on the bonnet. I called up the guy, who said its already got sold off about a month back. Two days back, I was travelling back from Hebbal to my place in Kundalahalli and saw this same Lancer in a used car showroom with a price tag of Rs.1.75 L negotiable
Old 18th March 2015, 15:54   #10277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepilot View Post
Hello, in my ongoing search for a decent used sedan, I have come across a Chevy Optra magnum 2007 diesel model. The owner is second and it has 76k on the odo. The current owner is quoting 2.2lakh.
I think this is among the first batch of optra diesel to be introduced. What are the common niggles? I think it may be due for a suspension overhaul and need to check the condition too. Is it a good buy? Location is baroda, Gujarat
I just saw the vehicle today. Its in good shape and the owner seems genuine and has full service history.

The only issue is that there are quite few touch ups done to remove scratches. I owner says that only the bodywork has been done at local garages and rest all repairs at done at the A. S. S Only.
There's a little vibration felt at the steering at sudden movement and the gearbox is too notchy. I think the gearbox issue was sorted out in the recent models. Is it possible to carryout the mod at the service centre?

And the major issue which I found was the rust. There are little specks at some places which were later covered up by paint. I am worried whether it will last another 3 years or so. The tyres have around 30% life left. And the diesel clatter really was too much. Maybe because I am more used to petrols.

So mostly I'm concerned about the maintenance. Is it recommended?

Another option which I have come across is a 2009 civic run 61k km. With cng. 2 nd owner. Yet to check out the service records for the genuineness of the odo. Owner quoting 2.6 lakh.

I am confused. Bhpians may please advise.
Old 18th March 2015, 16:50   #10278
BHPian

Quote:
And the major issue which I found was the rust. There are little specks at some places which were later covered up by paint. I am worried whether it will last another 3 years or so.

The touch-up, rust, specks - I would walk away.

Quote:
Maybe because I am more used to petrols.
Exactly. The clatter is probably just fine. This happens to everyone who is more used to petrol.

Quote:
Another option which I have come across is a 2009 civic run 61k km. With cng. 2 nd owner. Yet to check out the service records for the genuineness of the odo. Owner quoting 2.6 lakh.
Wow. In Bangalore? No way . I price is just fine.
Old 18th March 2015, 18:10   #10279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
The touch-up, rust, specks - I would walk away.

Exactly. The clatter is probably just fine. This happens to everyone who is more used to petrol.

Wow. In Bangalore? No way . I price is just fine.
In baroda.
I know I'm comparing two different things, but how's does the optra compare with the civic in highway performance? The power, ride and handling part?
Old 18th March 2015, 22:01   #10280
BHPian

I am planning to look for a used Liva in Bangalore. How much should a 2 year or a 3 year old Liva petrol cost? Is a 2-3 year old Liva petrol a good buy considering long term ownership?
Old 19th March 2015, 00:40   #10281
BHPian

Guys I am looking to buy a used fortuner in chandigarh. A car i am looking at is oct 2012 model, 2nd owner 76k at the odo and is an auto. The asking is around 18.5 lacs. What do you think is a reasonable price for it.
Old 19th March 2015, 07:36   #10282
BHPian

Guys, I am planning to sell my Suzuki Ertiga 2013 model, 29000 kms done, Zdi with anniversary edition, tyres upgraded to Conti, full service history and zero dep insurance. What is the ideal price that I should expect.

Kindly suggest
Old 19th March 2015, 10:39   #10283
BHPian

2010 Facelifted Mercedes-Benz S350 done 18,000km for 22lac. Legit or potential scam? Price sounds too good to be true.
Old 19th March 2015, 10:42   #10284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Guys, I am planning to sell my Suzuki Ertiga 2013 model, 29000 kms done, Zdi with anniversary edition, tyres upgraded to Conti, full service history and zero dep insurance. What is the ideal price that I should expect.

Kindly suggest
Dear Kailash
You can expect approx. 6.5-6.75 lacs for the same.
MSIL holds on the depreciation better.

Had you decided to sell in 2014(by say Nov/Dec), you could have expected about 30K more.
Old 19th March 2015, 11:20   #10285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenteam View Post
I am planning to look for a used Liva in Bangalore. How much should a 2 year or a 3 year old Liva petrol cost? Is a 2-3 year old Liva petrol a good buy considering long term ownership?
Hello NT,
A 2012 Liva 'G' should be available in the price range of around 4.5L. I am a Etios Diesel owner & I can vouch for the fact that the car can easily used for 10 years+.

Revards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv45in View Post
Guys I am looking to buy a used fortuner in chandigarh. A car i am looking at is oct 2012 model, 2nd owner 76k at the odo and is an auto. The asking is around 18.5 lacs. What do you think is a reasonable price for it.
Hello D,
I think for a 2nd owner car run 76k, its not exactly VFM. An ideal price should be in the range of 17L.Also check for accident damage. 76k in 2.5 years is some serious miles.
Also check if it has a 4 speed AT or 5 Speed AT.
Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post

Kindly suggest
Hello K,
A fair price for your Ertiga ZDi is around 6.75-7L if sold to a dealer & around 7.25L if you can find a private buyer.
Regards,
Varun
Old 19th March 2015, 12:56   #10286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post

Hello D,
I think for a 2nd owner car run 76k, its not exactly VFM. An ideal price should be in the range of 17L.Also check for accident damage. 76k in 2.5 years is some serious miles.
Also check if it has a 4 speed AT or 5 Speed AT.
Regards,
Varun

Varun
Thanks Varun. I have checked the history and its a clean car nothing showed up. It has a 4 speed AT and the general condition looks good. Going to show it to a mechanic today and see what he thinks.
Old 19th March 2015, 14:39   #10287
BHPian

Posting on behalf of a friend.
Looking to buy corolla altis/Camry/city. Petrol or diesel doesn't matter
Model should be 2008 and above.
Is it following fair price range/can get good vehicle in this price range?
Altis/camry- less than 7 lakhs
City- less than 6 lakhs
Location is Bangalore

Last edited by akhil_007 : 19th March 2015 at 14:40.
Old 19th March 2015, 16:06   #10288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post
Posting on behalf of a friend.
Looking to buy corolla altis/Camry/city. Petrol or diesel doesn't matter
Model should be 2008 and above.
Is it following fair price range/can get good vehicle in this price range?
Altis/camry- less than 7 lakhs
City- less than 6 lakhs
Location is Bangalore
Budget seems fine to me. Just do a search on olx and carwale to get beter idea.
Old 19th March 2015, 18:02   #10289
BHPian

My Brother-in-law is looking at this option. Advise what we need to check with owner apart from service history

Make: Santro
Year: 2010
Odometer: 35,000

Asking Price is 2.3 Lakhs. The car has alloy wheels that look awesome. I will post a pic this weekend if I get to go home. The seller is in the same apartment so we can have a friendly chat.

One other worry that my Brother-in-law invoked was the fact that Santro is not in production anymore.
Old 20th March 2015, 20:43   #10290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain

Hello NT,
A 2012 Liva 'G' should be available in the price range of around 4.5L. I am a Etios Diesel owner & I can vouch for the fact that the car can easily used for 10 years+.

Revards,
Varun
Thank you Varun. 4.5 lakhs for a 3 year old petrol Liva seems high! So, the resale value isn't as low as it is made out to be?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks