Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2015, 15:45   #10456
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Spot on. For a second owner 2010 altis what you have suggested is good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Am assuming the OTR would have been 14+ lakhs at the time of purchase. Given that its a toyota and holds its value well, I would have priced this between 9 - 10 l now if it hadnt changed hands yet.

Bringing it down to 6 - 7 l levels considering it is looking for a 3rd owner seems reasonable and I think the price is fair
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post
Thanks for your reply.
The owner seemed very adamant and refused to go below 6.8L. There was no discussions or negotiations. Me and my friend left even without sitting in vehicle or test driving it
I won't blame the owner. The price seems right. The best way is to check ads for the similar car in OLX/Quickr. One thing to note here is that used car prices in Bangalore are a LOT higher than in Pune/Delhi/Mumbai. To put things in perspective, a used 2002 Lancer in good condition sells for no less than 1.4 - 1.5 L here in Bangalore while a similar model goes for less than a lakh in the North. Similarly a 2004-2005 Corolla sells no less than 3 L here.
Old 13th May 2015, 19:06   #10457
BHPian

It is ridiculous in Bangalore, just saw ads on Carwale of two 2011 Q5, same version, one in Kolkata which has done 10K kms, and the other in Bangalore which has done 22K kms. Kolkata asking price is 20L and Bangalore is 40L. Now how do you explain this.
Old 13th May 2015, 19:14   #10458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
It is ridiculous in Bangalore, just saw ads on Carwale of two 2011 Q5, same version, one in Kolkata which has done 10K kms, and the other in Bangalore which has done 22K kms. Kolkata asking price is 20L and Bangalore is 40L. Now how do you explain this.

In this case, it is highly over priced. Why would someone pay 40l for a car that invoiced for about 50 -55 in 2011 in bangalore? 25 sounds more like it, even at Bangalore prices.
Old 13th May 2015, 19:29   #10459
BHPian

I am considering buying a pre owned Jazz in Mumbai. Recently drove one and the car is a gem , quality of interiors is top notch , didn't sell unfortunately.
Prices range between 4-4.5 lacs for 2009-2010 models run about 40-60K Kms . Cannot locate one which has run less.

I am actually confused between pre owned 2010 Jazz or a pre owned 2012 Brio.
Both are available at similar prices.

With the new Jazz round the corner should prices of old ones Drop or Go up . What you do you feel.
Old 13th May 2015, 20:12   #10460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
The best way is to check ads for the similar car in OLX/Quickr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Am assuming the OTR would have been 14+ lakhs at the time of purchase

Bringing it down to 6 - 7 l levels considering it is looking for a 3rd owner seems reasonable and I think the price is fair
Based on olx/carwale/team bhp and other discussions outside the online forum, I felt the price takes a 20-25% hit for every hands changed, on top of depreciation.
Also, first owners for similar car and same model are quoting similar price. I fail to understand how second owner cars can cost the same.
Old 14th May 2015, 11:25   #10461
BHPian

How about an S 350. 6000kms. 2003. The owner says the spare. He moved to the U.S. and the car just stayed here. I saw the car and it does look like it wasn't used much. I'm just worried about the year.

What should be a good deal ?
Old 14th May 2015, 15:15   #10462
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How about an S 350. 6000kms. 2003. The owner says the spare. He moved to the U.S. and the car just stayed here. I saw the car and it does look like it wasn't used much. I'm just worried about the year.
Do check places like Brake Pedal, Seat Belts for sign of wear and also Manufacture Year on Tyres & Battery to confirm these low ODO reading
Old 14th May 2015, 20:30   #10463
Senior - BHPian

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
That sounds like a pretty good offer for a 10 year old car!

Thanks guys. Booked the Grand I10 Asta auto.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 14th May 2015 at 20:51.
Old 15th May 2015, 14:01   #10464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post
Based on olx/carwale/team bhp and other discussions outside the online forum, I felt the price takes a 20-25% hit for every hands changed, on top of depreciation.
Also, first owners for similar car and same model are quoting similar price. I fail to understand how second owner cars can cost the same.
Probably because of used cars are in high demand in Bangalore because of the floating IT crowd.
DudeWithaFiat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2015, 16:56   #10465
BHPian

Hello guys. In the market for a used Laura TSI in Mumbai. Found this beauty that is sounds too good to be true.
Model -2011 Skoda Laura Ambiente TSI
Kilometers - 42k(Genuine with service records)
No of owners - 1(Buying it from a dealer)
Asking price-5.25lakh

Condition-The car looks very well maintained inside out. The console showed no warning signs. A couple of scratches here and there and a little dent on one of the wheel arches. Everything seems to be working.Tyres have at least
~5-6k km life left.I did not get to test ride it because it was well past their closing time.

Here's the catch though,when I checked the RC book it was registered to L&T Finance LTD. So I knew it was bought with a loan. When i asked the dealer he said it is a company car(too fishy?).Should I walk away or do some research with the company?Is it possible to check if the loan has been cleared with just the registered number?
Also I am going to need 15-20 days to gather my finances. The dealer said i could pay 50k as a token and get a due date for finances. Is this a regular thing in used car market?
Thanks for help in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-2011skodalaura20092013ambiente18tsi2509278640x428.jpg  

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-img_2783.jpg  

Last edited by SuperMane : 17th May 2015 at 17:00. Reason: forget to add selling price
Old 17th May 2015, 18:07   #10466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMane View Post

Here's the catch though,when I checked the RC book it was registered to L&T Finance LTD. So I knew it was bought with a loan. When i asked the dealer he said it is a company car(too fishy?)
I don't think there is anything fishy here. This indeed is a company owned car as the finance company's name is mentioned as the Owner of the vehicle.

In case the car was having a pending loan, there would have been the name of the bank providing the loan at the bottom of the RC (and not in the place of the name of owner) which is also known as hypothecation.
Quote:
Is this a regular thing in used car market?
Not sure about this but I guess you can have a legal agreement with the dealer which mentions about the booking amount paid and the amount due to be paid.
Mr.mitsuvolk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2015, 18:24   #10467
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
SuperMane : Here's the catch though,when I checked the RC book it was registered to L&T Finance LTD.
The car may have been taken on Company lease, and hence the name of the financer. Many companies which provide CLC cars to employees, will have the owners name as the company / financer. A few companies now allow the employee to register the car in their name, and maintain hypothecation. This car seems to be of the first type.

As long as you can get the transfer forms with the seller as the same name - and also anything that says the person signing is authorized to sign, you should be fine.

Ask the dealer to show all the original papers to you, and when you pay the deposit. also ask for a detailed receipt with relevant details mentioned & the amount you are paying.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2015, 18:25   #10468
Distinguished - BHPian

What could be a fair price for a KA registered 2009 WagonR Lxi Duo with 44K on the odo?

Checked on Olx/Carwale etc and the prices range from 2-3 Lakhs. See a few second owner cars listed at 2.8+ but when discussing with dealers/true value the best price offered was 2.2
Old 17th May 2015, 19:32   #10469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk View Post
I don't think there is anything fishy here. This indeed is a company owned car as the finance company's name is mentioned as the Owner of the vehicle.

In case the car was having a pending loan, there would have been the name of the bank providing the loan at the bottom of the RC (and not in the place of the name of owner) which is also known as hypothecation.

Not sure about this but I guess you can have a legal agreement with the dealer which mentions about the booking amount paid and the amount due to be paid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The car may have been taken on Company lease, and hence the name of the financer. Many companies which provide CLC cars to employees, will have the owners name as the company / financer. A few companies now allow the employee to register the car in their name, and maintain hypothecation. This car seems to be of the first type.

As long as you can get the transfer forms with the seller as the same name - and also anything that says the person signing is authorized to sign, you should be fine.

Ask the dealer to show all the original papers to you, and when you pay the deposit. also ask for a detailed receipt with relevant details mentioned & the amount you are paying.
Thank you guys for quick replies. I never knew that loaned cars are mentioned in the RC. I have been smiling like a hanger stuck in my mouth ever since I saw your replies. I am totally head over heels for this car. I have been looking for a black TSI since last 6 months but never came across a good example. I think I'm going to settle for this one. Is this price right or should i negotiate more?
Old 17th May 2015, 19:39   #10470
BHPian

Quote:
Hello guys. In the market for a used Laura TSI in Mumbai. Found this beauty that is sounds too good to be true.
Model -2011 Skoda Laura Ambiente TSI
Kilometers - 42k(Genuine with service records)
No of owners - 1(Buying it from a dealer)
Asking price-5.25lakh

Condition-The car looks very well maintained inside out. The console showed no warning signs. A couple of scratches here and there and a little dent on one of the wheel arches. Everything seems to be working.Tyres have at least
~5-6k km life left.I did not get to test ride it because it was well past their closing time.

Here's the catch though,when I checked the RC book it was registered to L&T Finance LTD. So I knew it was bought with a loan. When i asked the dealer he said it is a company car(too fishy?).Should I walk away or do some research with the company?Is it possible to check if the loan has been cleared with just the registered number?
Also I am going to need 15-20 days to gather my finances. The dealer said i could pay 50k as a token and get a due date for finances. Is this a regular thing in used car market?
Thanks for help in advance.
The RC doesn't have a loan indicator 'HP' sign, so it wasn't bought on a loan. L&T is the first owner of the car. That's it. So, if you buy it, you buy it from L&T. Now, being a company owned car, how would we be sure that they had maintained it well? You should ask for a detailed service history for this.
I would suggest for buying car from an owner's home and not from a dealer as dealers are known to do 'things' and charge hefty unreasonable margins. Very hard to depict if the odo was tempered with.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed