Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2015, 17:20   #10561
BHPian

Hi all,
I am thinking of getting myself a Civic Auto. I have seen many examples on olx for 2.25 to 2.5 lacs for cars with approx 60 - 80k on odo. What I understand Honda engines last long. What's your opinion on this and any pointers where I can find the right deal.

nIk
Old 7th July 2015, 20:50   #10562
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hi all,

One of my friend is immigrating to New Zealand, He just bought Hyundai Xcent SX 1.2 (Petrol) in month of Jan 2015 for 7.70L (Ex Showroom Pune + taxes). He has quoted his car at a price of 6.99 for resale . Just wanted to check whether this price is feasible or not.
Old 7th July 2015, 21:10   #10563
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Hi all,
I am thinking of getting myself a Civic Auto. I have seen many examples on olx for 2.25 to 2.5 lacs for cars with approx 60 - 80k on odo. What I understand Honda engines last long. What's your opinion on this and any pointers where I can find the right deal.

nIk

Sir,

We all know engines from Toyota and Honda are very reliable and generally trouble free but then you have electrical and suspension related components which can go bad on a 60-80k run car in our driving conditions(especially suspension). Considering these parts replacements/ repairs I suggest you have a look at the Honda City if you are too keen on a Honda.
You might come across a city in the given price bracket with a running less than 50k kms.

At the end of the day if you are too keen on a civic then you should probably increase your budget atleast by 75k-100k. The increase budget will help you select a lesser run car.

Asit
Old 7th July 2015, 21:39   #10564
BHPian

Hi,

My Father-in-Law has migrated to UK and he wants to sell his Indica DLS. Its a October 2003 model, 80K kms on ODO, and he is the first owner. The vehicle is kept at my place and is in running condition. A new battery has been installed last month, TATA Green with 4 Years of warranty. The car has always been serviced at a Tata Authorized service center. The most recent service was carried out in the last month.

What price should I be quoting?
Old 8th July 2015, 06:19   #10565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Sir,

We all know engines from Toyota and Honda are very reliable and generally trouble free but then you have electrical and suspension related components which can go bad on a 60-80k run car in our driving conditions(especially suspension). Considering these parts replacements/ repairs I suggest you have a look at the Honda City if you are too keen on a Honda.
You might come across a city in the given price bracket with a running less than 50k kms.

At the end of the day if you are too keen on a civic then you should probably increase your budget atleast by 75k-100k. The increase budget will help you select a lesser run car.

Asit
Hi Asit,

I will not find any city in my budget as if I have to go for city than it has to be ANHC. The only reason I am considering Civic is because of the AT box. I don't like Honda's. Their build quality puts me off. I am spoilt by the solid build of fiesta. But than seems like it is the only option for me at this moment.

Question to all. How much should I expect for a 2007 Fiesta . Run 66000 K. 2nd owner and decently maintained. I do not have service history as I have maintained it through an FNG.

nIk
Old 8th July 2015, 11:13   #10566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Hi,

My Father-in-Law has migrated to UK and he wants to sell his Indica DLS. Its a October 2003 model, 80K kms on ODO, and he is the first owner.

Bhpian AutoIndian from pune managed to sell his pristine condition Indica DLX with more than 1.50 lac kms on Odo for Rs 1.15/- lacs

Details in following link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3631219

Hope this should help you to arrive at a figure
driving_smartly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2015, 18:59   #10567
BHPian

Folks,i am looking for a 2007 Toyota Corolla in Bangalore. As of now i am getting two vehicles first one is a a Nov 2007 H5 which has done 70,000 km on the Odo and ask is 4.15 Lakhs. The second one is a H2 again of 2007 which has done 59,000 km on the Odo and owner is asking for 4.25 Lakhs.

Need to check both the vehicles out and need to take a call. One of the vehicles is with mahindra first choice, are these guys reliable.

I have checked the used car price check tool and it is showing more than 40k lesser value of these models depending on condition.Wanted some inputs whats the price range i should be looking at for these cars and any other helpful tips.

Last edited by Dushie : 8th July 2015 at 19:00.
Old 9th July 2015, 08:59   #10568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Hi,

My Father-in-Law has migrated to UK and he wants to sell his Indica DLS. Its a October 2003 model, 80K kms on ODO, and he is the first owner. The vehicle is kept at my place and is in running condition. A new battery has been installed last month, TATA Green with 4 Years of warranty. The car has always been serviced at a Tata Authorized service center. The most recent service was carried out in the last month.

Engine_Roars, I am assuming your Father-in-Law's Indica DLS is a V2 model (and not the pre-V2). Given the car is in fairly good to excellent condition, you can expect from 90K to 100K from an individual buyer. If you want to make a quick sale then I would suggest post an add on OLX, Carwale, Car Trade etc and quote a price of 110K. You can target to settle at a figure of 99K. That way buyer will also be psychologically satisfied that he got a good car within 5 digit figures, instead of 6 digits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Bhpian AutoIndian from pune managed to sell his pristine condition Indica DLX with more than 1.50 lac kms on Odo for Rs 1.15/- lacs

So nice of you, driving_smartly for giving the reference of my thread. True, my car was in very good condition even after 10+ years and 150K+ on the odo. It had 5 alloy wheels, 2 new tyres, all new speakers, new floor mats, new steering covers and what not. It might have fetched me at least 10K more, had I advertised it on OLX, Carwale, Car Trade etc. But I was too lazy to do that and didn't want to get bogged my by phone calls. Lastly when my Father-in-law (who had seen the car all these years) himself made an offer, I didn't want to disappoint him and leave some value on the table, hence settled @ 115K.
Old 9th July 2015, 11:51   #10569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
So nice of you, driving_smartly for giving the reference of my thread. True, my car was in very good condition even after 10+ years and 150K+ on the odo.
Yes i was a keen follower and silent reader of your Indica thread and till date never seen anyone maintain Indica as pristine as yours , so there was never a second thought.

Presently following your Innova thread and I am glued to it, specially the travelogue part.

Quote:
Lastly when my Father-in-law (who had seen the car all these years) himself made an offer, I didn't want to disappoint him and leave some value on the table, hence settled @ 115K.
I will say it is a win-win situation for both of you, your FIL got VFM deal along with peace of mind as he can consult you regarding maintenance, the car stays in your family you can try your hands anytime you want.
driving_smartly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 19:50   #10570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post

Question to all. How much should I expect for a 2007 Fiesta . Run 66000 K. 2nd owner and decently maintained. I do not have service history as I have maintained it through an FNG.

nIk
Hi Guys,

Any pointers on this ? Forgot to mention its a 1.4 ltr model.

nIk
Old 10th July 2015, 15:26   #10571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post

Thanks a lot for your input, the link was really helpful. My FIL's Indica is not as well kept as AutoIndian's, and that is so obvious. We are Bhpians for a reason . I am looking on to a figure of 1.0 L for now.

Quote:
Engine_Roars, I am assuming your Father-in-Law's Indica DLS is a V2 model (and not the pre-V2). Given the car is in fairly good to excellent condition, you can expect from 90K to 100K from an individual buyer. If you want to make a quick sale then I would suggest post an add on OLX, Carwale, Car Trade etc and quote a price of 110K. You can target to settle at a figure of 99K. That way buyer will also be psychologically satisfied that he got a good car within 5 digit figures, instead of 6 digits.
Thank you for your valuable inputs, Sir. Yes, it is a V2 model. I too thought 100k is a decent price to ask for. This Indica was not as loved your's but it is in a fairly good condition.
Engine_Roars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 15:37   #10572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
Hi all,

One of my friend is immigrating to New Zealand, He just bought Hyundai Xcent SX 1.2 (Petrol) in month of Jan 2015 for 7.70L (Ex Showroom Pune + taxes). He has quoted his car at a price of 6.99 for resale . Just wanted to check whether this price is feasible or not.
Yes it's feasible, but more a matter of getting a buyer within a certain time frame. What can be done is he can go and talk to the sales person so any prospective new car buyer can be provided this option. The sales person's palm will have to be greased of course.
Old 10th July 2015, 21:07   #10573
BHPian

We have a Pajero 2.8 SFX. It was bought new in August 2008 and is nearing the 1.3 Lac kms mark (currently at 128200 kms). The car has been used mainly on highways and has seen some mild off-roading also. Some scratches on the rear fender (one side) and bumpers are visible, but obvious due to the age. No insurance claims in all these years. To be honest, it has had some minor accidents but they have had no effect on the drivability or frame. Right portion is repainted, but the paint difference is not visible much. Harsh weather conditions have taken their toll on the paint, which has lost the gloss over the years.

It still drives very smooth. Mechanically fine. All major suspension, clutch and steering parts have been replaced timely. We have the service history till 80k kms, after which the car was serviced at a local FNG every 10k kms. Tyres were replaced at 1 Lac kms and battery was changed in February this year. Mileage is around 9 kmpl.

We are planning to sell it off in the coming month or so. Would like to know a fair price for it. Yes, fair!

PS. An individual offered 5.75 Lac for it and it was way beyond our expectations, so rejected the offer.
Old 11th July 2015, 12:05   #10574
BHPian

Looking for a used FTD sedan (Tjet>Civic>Fiesta>Corolla) and inaugurated the hunt with the bottom contender in terms of excitement but perhaps a frontrunner when I start counting the pennies in my scantily clad budget: the Corolla.

Saw this one at a Toyota used car outlet

Model - 1.8L PETROL H2 (2006)
Owner - technically 2nd as it was on company lease
odo - 134xxx
Quote - 3.55l

It drove well, suspension seemed good, engine sounded perfect, the Yoko S drives looked recent, body had some dinks dents and the paint was less than perfect.

Thoughts on price? Also, how can one tell accidental damage, didnt spot anything amiss in the engine bay, the front bumper was repainted (could tell by the run off near the front left hand side fender)
Old 11th July 2015, 12:28   #10575

I am looking to sell my December 2010 Ford Fiesta Petrol. 1.6 Exi. It has run about 41500 kms and I have replaced tyres and battery this year. Any help on what is a fair asking price?
Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks