Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2016, 11:22   #11296
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
If I can add under body protection plates, I shall buy this.
Was having this discussion about the underbody plates of the fourth generation yesterday. Its a plastic plate held by plastic clips. If it's similar for the third generation, not much difference with or without it. You will need to take it slow over bad patches of road.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3976166

That said, I doubt if Etios comes with underbody protection either! Does it?
Old 18th May 2016, 11:26   #11297
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Is it significantly higher in Bangalore? Don't think so. A difference of a lakh at the maximum which could easily be offset by the additional road tax that is required to be paid.

Not to mention all the additional hassles and running around to get the RTO formalities completed.
I see similar cars with asking price of 5-5.5L here. The owners may come down to reality once the car stays unsold for a long time.

Yes, RTO hassles are the biggest hurdles. If the RTOs were transparent, carried out the processes efficiently and refunded the road tax promptly after re-registering in another state, buying used car from neighbouring states would be the best move for KA people.

In such a case the car in the previous post could be had for ~3.9L :(
Old 18th May 2016, 11:37   #11298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
Not really, Innova Petrol is a rare find but there are quite a few Etios and Corolla Petrol available in the used car market. Did you try searching for them online? There are so many listing websites like OLX, CarTradeIndia, Carwale etc. Take a look at them!
Haven't gone the online way. But shall scan it that way too. My search is limited to one dealer in my city and in the cities of Aurangabad and Pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Was having this discussion about the underbody plates of the fourth generation yesterday. Its a plastic plate held by plastic clips. If it's similar for the third generation, not much difference with or without it. You will need to take it slow over bad patches of road.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3976166

That said, I doubt if Etios comes with underbody protection either! Does it?
No, I'm not sure if the Etios comes with the underbody protection. Actually, addition of these plates and a dashboard camera are the two mandatory additions I'm going to do on any car that I buy. That said, if the City comes with plastic plates, I'm sure I can add metal plates!
Old 18th May 2016, 11:43   #11299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
I'm asking as buying those in Mumbai and re-registering them in KA by paying the balance road tax will turn out to be cheaper than buying a KA registered car.

E.g: 2011 T-Jet+ with 41k on odo for 3.5L!
The same thought crosses my mind when I look at prices in Mumbai. For a car that is ~5-year old, you need to 75% of 14% of invoice value (assuming invoice value is less than 10L). See this: http://rto.kar.nic.in/KMVTA%202010.pdf

For a Linea, I think the tax would be around 1L. Add transport plus the hassle of arranging for NOC etc, and decide if it is worth pursuing.
Old 18th May 2016, 12:49   #11300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
Haven't gone the online way. But shall scan it that way too. My search is limited to one dealer in my city and in the cities of Aurangabad and Pune.
Yes! I visit Jalgaon every year for a month or two, there are hardly any great used car dealers in the town there. I would highly recommend you to scan online. You might end up finding a decent car in Aurangabad, Pune or even Ahmednagar in that case. Moreover, Etios Petrol would be an easy find in Pune.
YashD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 22:03   #11301
Senior - BHPian

How much can my barely used 2013 VW Vento Comfortline diesel fetch? This has done just 16000 kms and is in showroom condition with close to a year of extended warranty left. Original VW alloys and front air dam & fog lamp chrome lining (from VW, whole set) as in the Highline version are the lone additions.

Carwale is quoting 8.07
T-Bhp / IBB is quoting 6.63 - 7.25
Orange book is quoting 6.17 - 6.55
Das Auto at my place is quoting just 5.5
Das Auto at another place quoted 6.5 a month back
A broker is ready to take it for 6

I'm grossly clueless with this wide range. Can some one help me out.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 22:14   #11302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
How much can my barely used 2013 VW Vento Comfortline diesel fetch? This has done just 16000 kms and is in showroom condition with close to a year of extended warranty left. Original VW alloys and front air dam & fog lamp chrome lining (from VW, whole set) as in the Highline version are the lone additions.

Carwale is quoting 8.07
T-Bhp / IBB is quoting 6.63 - 7.25
Orange book is quoting 6.17 - 6.55
Das Auto at my place is quoting just 5.5
Das Auto at another place quoted 6.5 a month back
A broker is ready to take it for 6

I'm grossly clueless with this wide range. Can some one help me out.
What was the on-road price you bought in?
As per the quotations you have received, I would suggest stick to the quotation provided by Team Bhp and Indian Blue book, both have suggested the right price.
Do not expect it to sell for around 8 lakhs as the vehicle is already 3 years old now!
I would suggest push the broker further and strike a deal for around 6.50-6.75, 6 lakhs suggested by him is quite low but then he is trying to milk in more commission by selling it for around 6.5 - 7 lakh mark. Do posts adverts online, will help you fetch the desired deal or even more.
YashD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 22:39   #11303
BHPian

Hi, So people seem to reply to this thread, have a query. Hopefully we are to get a new car (1.6 S-Cross but being delayed a lot now)

I have a 2008, Swift Dzire Zxi, Dark Grey in colour. Run 30,200kms till date, no accidents and a 50% NCB on the insurance. Well maintained, a new set of tyres put on it at 18,000kms (time takes its toll on rubber).

Team-BHP says 3.10lacs, NEXA Buy Back says 2.40. How much should I expect?
Old 19th May 2016, 22:44   #11304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
What was the on-road price you bought in?
Yeah, no way it can fetch 8 or even 7.5 but it is tough to decide on a sell-able price with so much varying reports. As you said, I should be looking for anything from 6.5.

It costed 10.5 on road 3 years back.
Old 19th May 2016, 23:39   #11305
BHPian

Hey guys, how much should I ask for my i20 i-gen?

Model - 2012 Asta 1.4 CRDi (White)
Registration - Delhi
Odo - 60k

Michelin tyres installed at around 50k, they look in perfect shape as of now.

No dents, minor scratches on bumpers (delhi traffic..sigh)

Team BHP price check says 4.9 - 5.4
Old 20th May 2016, 00:04   #11306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranvilleDsouza View Post
I have a 2008, Swift Dzire Zxi, Dark Grey in colour. Run 30,200kms till date, no accidents and a 50% NCB on the insurance. Well maintained, a new set of tyres put on it at 18,000kms (time takes its toll on rubber).

Team-BHP says 3.10lacs, NEXA Buy Back says 2.40. How much should I expect?
Anything around 2.6 lakhs to 2.9 Lakhs would be a good deal! That too because your car is well maintained though the value has decreased due it's high age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
It costed 10.5 on road 3 years back.
6.5 - 7 lakhs would be quite decent for 10.5 and a 3 year old vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishusingh View Post
Hey guys, how much should I ask for my i20 i-gen?

Model - 2012 Asta 1.4 CRDi (White)
Registration - Delhi
Odo - 60k

Michelin tyres installed at around 50k, they look in perfect shape as of now.

No dents, minor scratches on bumpers (delhi traffic..sigh)

Team BHP price check says 4.9 - 5.4
Rightly said by Team - bhp, anything around 5 - 5.3 Lakhs would be a great deal for your i20 CRDi and as you said, the tyres where changed recently, something 5.15 - 5.30 lakhs would be pretty good deal for the vehicle. The rest depends on your vehicle's mechanical conditions, if that's not in order then expect something around 4.75 to 4.85 Lakhs!

Last edited by YashD : 20th May 2016 at 00:06.
YashD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 10:33   #11307
BHPian

What should be decent price for Honda Brio S (O) MT, bought in August 2012 odometer 28000 kms? Car is in good condition barring few scratches.
Old 20th May 2016, 11:30   #11308
BHPian

I am looking for a good drivers car in Bangalore and most of the online quotes including Team BHP is unrealistic. I feel awkward to ask the buyers the actual value. Don't want to go the dealer route but seems I will be forced to :(
Old 20th May 2016, 15:24   #11309
BHPian

Coincidently I m looking for a used Vento. I found many Ventos on internet and 2013 models are available from 5.5 L to 6.5 L range. I happened to miss a Parsi Owned 2013 Vento registered in 2014 which was available for 6.25 L on cartrade.com. THe guy called my twice as he didn't want to give it to dealers. But due to engagement with work I couldn't make it on time to check the car. And it got sold.

Last edited by zaheer5776 : 20th May 2016 at 15:29. Reason: misread the quoted.
zaheer5776 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2016, 08:09   #11310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaheer5776 View Post
I found many Ventos on internet and 2013 models are available from 5.5 L to 6.5 L range.
The basic re-sale value of Vento in other states varies from 5.5 to 6.5 L range, though down South it's always going to be a lakh above overall as consumers there have to pay higher taxes than us increasing the vehicles value. I was shocked a few days back when a relative told me the Etios Petrol base variant costs around 8 Lakhs on-road Bangalore whereas it's around 7 lakhs on-road Calcutta.
YashD is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks