Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2016, 09:19   #11431
BANNED

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
Thanks guys.
I drove the previous gen figo more than an year ago and was simply bowled by its handling and very mature ride. The new figo which I test drove recently is simply not a match to the older one.
I am in two minds between buying a used or new car. But the last gen Figo is a serious contender if I do choose to buy an used car.
We are having a Figo for past 6 years, it's been cheap to maintain, that my Zen is costlier to service. We haven't faced any sort of issues yet. The only issue is the poor resale value. But in your case, the first owner had already taken the hit. The car is a very good handler and has a good steering feedback. I have bought a new Figo Aspire and it's no match for the old one in terms of handling.
The Rationalist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 09:32   #11432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMandarin View Post
Purchased – Dec 2006
Mileage – 1,66,XXX KM

• Both Lower arms
  • Both Steering ends
  • Idle Pulley
  • Both Front lower ball joints
  • Maybe Battery
  • Front Bulkhead found damaged
If you haven't shaken hands with the seller yet, I'd suggest you to refrain from this deal. I mean, look at the kilometres and replacements suggested. Once you replace the suggested parts I am certain other mechanicals would eventually need replacements too. Any slightest niggles or sounds will eat up your peace of mind.

I hope you aren't desperate to buy it immediately. If Civic is what you need, pump in some extra cash and keep hunting for ones with lower mileage cars.

Honda Terrace or other dealers might just have a better one and you could be lucky.
Good luck mate

Last edited by petrolhead_chn : 6th July 2016 at 09:34.
petrolhead_chn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 09:43   #11433
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMandarin View Post
  • Both Lower arms
  • Both Steering ends
  • Idle Pulley
  • Both Front lower ball joints
  • Maybe Battery
  • Front Bulkhead found damaged

Front bulkhead found damaged?
And you are still considering it? Dont be taken in by the low price, or clean status. Just walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
If you haven't shaken hands with the seller yet.
Agree!
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 20:30   #11434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
If the reading of 39,000 kilometres is genuine, then you're striking a beautiful deal.
Thanks Swapnil! I too had a feeling that it was a great deal, until I investigated deeper. As they say, if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is! In my case, following were the red flags:

1) The person selling the car was the second owner, but had never transferred the car to his name. He had apparently bought it from the original owner 8 months back and didn't execute the name transfer so as to maintain the "first owner" tag when reselling.
2) The insurance had expired. He was willing to renew it though. I grew skeptical since after the floods in Chennai, insurance companies were offering cash loss to quicken the settlement process, which would naturally nullify the insurance.
3) The seller didn't have the papers ready. He apparently had to "search" for them.
4) His ad stated that the tyres were new when they were clearly worn out completely, which I observed during inspection.
5) Further to point 3, when I called him back to check if he had found the papers so that I could verify them, he informs that the car is sold.

I realized that the seller was trying to pull a fast one on me. I walked away from the deal.
srinath.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 23:59   #11435
BHPian

I am negotiating for a Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 Clxi. It is a 2013 July model, done 41k, and the exterior looks to be in very good condition.It is with the first owner and the asking price is 350k. I am still not able to make up my mind, if I should go ahead with this car or I should add one more lakh and go for a City. Another point that is bothering me is that the car is in the name of a company, not an individual, and the car is for sale with a dealer. Although I am not sure if that should be a point of concern. Also the asking price seems to be on the higher side for a car that was discontinued a year ago. Suggestions requested.
Old 7th July 2016, 00:06   #11436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruba_Nazira View Post
1. if I should go ahead with this car or I should add one more lakh and go for a City.
2. Another point that is bothering me is that the car is in the name of a company, not an individual,
3. the car is for sale with a dealer.
4. I am not sure if that should be a point of concern.
5. the asking price seems to be on the higher side
6. a car that was discontinued a year ago.
Suggestions requested.
...and you are seeking suggestions over an unconscious decision that you seem to have taken already
Walk away.
Old 7th July 2016, 15:08   #11437
BHPian

So definitely the car has run in excess of the 39000 kilometres mentioned to you. Tyres won't be completely worn in just 39000 kilometres. Good that you walked away from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath.s View Post
1) The person selling the car was the second owner, but had never transferred the car to his name. He had apparently bought it from the original owner 8 months back and didn't execute the name transfer so as to maintain the "first owner" tag when reselling.
This, however, is shocking. How come the first seller did not confirm the transfer from his name to this second person?
Swapnil4585 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 15:27   #11438
BHPian

Quote:
How come the first seller did not confirm the transfer from his name to this second person?
He must have had a delivery note issued to buyer and took his signature as well as an acknowledgement with date and time of sale.
petrolhead_chn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 15:57   #11439
BHPian

Quote:
This, however, is shocking. How come the first seller did not confirm the transfer from his name to this second person?
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
He must have had a delivery note issued to buyer and took his signature as well as an acknowledgement with date and time of sale.
petrolhead is right. The seller told me he had the forms (delivery note, forms 28, 29, 30) signed by the first owner, which would technically make the person executing the name transfer the second owner, which he hadn't done. This is a common practice employed by dealers/brokers, where they get the original owner's signatures on blank forms and hand them over to a buyer. So in my case, he could very well have been a broker. Who knows, I might have gone ahead with the deal if he had been upfront about this fact. What raised suspicion was that he hadn't transferred the car for 8 months and had let the insurance lapse.
srinath.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 22:54   #11440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruba_Nazira View Post
I am negotiating for a Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 Clxi. It is a 2013 July model, done 41k, and the exterior looks to be in very good condition.It is with the first owner and the asking price is 350k. I am still not able to make up my mind, if I should go ahead with this car or I should add one more lakh and go for a City. Another point that is bothering me is that the car is in the name of a company, not an individual, and the car is for sale with a dealer. Although I am not sure if that should be a point of concern. Also the asking price seems to be on the higher side for a car that was discontinued a year ago. Suggestions requested.
Down south this would have been a fair price. If the Classic is not much different from the old 1.6S, then you wouldn't repent buying this when you start driving.

If the car is in the name of the company, please check if you would become the third owner when the transfer happens (In my case, I got the car which was in a company name. They had to transfer it to their employee's name first and then to my name during the transfer - so effectively I became the 3rd owner - though technically I am the 2nd one)

I was thinking about selling my 2010 Fiesta a few months back, and was able to get quotes close to 3Lks (I decided to keep it for some more time though).
singleton is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 17:53   #11441
BHPian

What would be the right price for a 2013 Honda City V model which has run 10k kms. This is the old version City, not the latest one. This would be a direct purchase from the owner. No dealer involved. The person is moving out of the country and that's why he is selling his car. The car has insurance renewed in April 2016. The owner is asking for 7.25

Last edited by Ketan T : 10th July 2016 at 17:57.
Old 11th July 2016, 13:57   #11442
BHPian

Hi Guys,

What sould be the good price for 2010 August Honda City -V model. Sparingly used 60K on ODO, i am planning to sell as travelling onsite.
Old 11th July 2016, 16:03   #11443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
Hi Guys,

What sould be the good price for 2010 August Honda City -V model. Sparingly used 60K on ODO, i am planning to sell as travelling onsite.
You should get about 4.75-5L comfortably.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 16:31   #11444
BHPian

Guys,

What can I expect on my Jan 2010 Honda City V-AT in white colour. The car is in very good condition and the odo is 58500 kms. Have insurance till Dec 2016 and Honda Any Time warranty till Feb 2016.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 11th July 2016 at 16:35.
Old 15th July 2016, 12:54   #11445
BHPian

Hello
I have an hyundai i10 Magna AT model, manufactured in Dec 2009 and registered in Jan 2010.
Vehicle has done 62000 kms so far, well maintained condition. Alloy wheels . No audio system.

How much can i expect ?

Most Viewed