Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2016, 11:57   #11551
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Yep, it's a genuine thing. No worries on that front. Guy uses his Audi Q3 mostly for highways and he just picked up a new i10 Automatic.

He was quoting 10.5L but he came down to 9.65L the day I went to see the car. But I wasn't ready to pick it up at 9.65L so today he texted saying give me your final offer and take the car.
Regardless of how good a gift it looks like have a trusted mechanic inspect it and figure out just what will need to be fixed / replaced etc as soon as you take delivery of the vehicle, and within the next year or so, before you make your decision.
Old 12th September 2016, 12:28   #11552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayB View Post
Hello Friends

I am looking to sell my Ford Fiesta S, May 2010, done only 31000 KM. In great condition (doesn't every seller say it ).
A general buyer will not even look at my adv. but for an enthusiast it could be a find of his life.
So, any suggestion on the asking price will be highly appreciated.

Regards
This is just a few months too late for me. Please give more details about the car and the expected price. A couple of my friends might be interested.
NiXTriX2004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 12:33   #11553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Yep, it's a genuine thing. No worries on that front. Guy uses his Audi Q3 mostly for highways and he just picked up a new i10 Automatic.

He was quoting 10.5L but he came down to 9.65L the day I went to see the car. But I wasn't ready to pick it up at 9.65L so today he texted saying give me your final offer and take the car.
I think it's reasonable to settle at 9. It costs around 14L and its a 4 year old car. A 10% depreciation would get you around 8ish. Considering the car is cared for and it has low miles, I'd say 9 is a fair deal.
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 02:23   #11554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiXTriX2004 View Post
This is just a few months too late for me. Please give more details about the car and the expected price. A couple of my friends might be interested.
Mine is a May 2010 Ford Fiesta S in Chill Metallic color. It has done around 31000 KM. Except for rear parking sensor its in stock condition. Bought it on company lease and later got it transferred to my name so although it has been exclusively owned and driven by me but technically i am the second owner.

In the month of Aug 2016 got a brand new Battery and brand new front 2 tyres. All originals.

Except for minor scratches (primarily on bumper) no history of any crashes.

Condition - I can bet you that you will not find a better maintained Fiesta (leave aside Fiesta S ).
BayB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 06:56   #11555
BHPian

What is the sensible price for a one year old BMW 320d Luxury line done 27000 km. the seller is quoting 38 lakhs, but it seems to be pretty steep as it is pre LCI model. It has rear entertainment package but no BSI or extended warranty. Please let me know
Old 13th September 2016, 14:30   #11556
BHPian

What should be a good buying price for a 2014 VW Vento TSi - Highline in excellent condition (both exteriors & interiors)? Kms run is approx. 26k. Comes with VW fitted SatNav & parking cameras & zero dep insurance for 1 year. Location is Bangalore. I assume, the new one back in 2014 would be around 12.5 on road. Any Vento TSi owners might be able to give the right picture.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by vickyP : 13th September 2016 at 14:42. Reason: Missed some pointers on the post
Old 13th September 2016, 15:27   #11557

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayB View Post
Mine is a May 2010 Ford Fiesta S in Chill Metallic color. It has done around 31000 KM. Except for rear parking sensor its in stock condition. Bought it on company lease and later got it transferred to my name so although it has been exclusively owned and driven by me but technically i am the second owner.

In the month of Aug 2016 got a brand new Battery and brand new front 2 tyres. All originals.

Except for minor scratches (primarily on bumper) no history of any crashes.

Condition - I can bet you that you will not find a better maintained Fiesta (leave aside Fiesta S ).

Hi BayB,
Please mail me your contact details on paragpatil2006@gmail.com. My Friend is looking for Fiesta S.
Old 13th September 2016, 15:34   #11558
BHPian

Can you please suggest what car (used) I can go for at 3 to 4 Lacs. I'm using a WagonR company leased which will be 3 years old in Jan 2017. I have an option to buy it at 3 Lacs. It is very well maintained and driven by me only (25K Kms).

Before I decide on opting for this, I wanted to see if there are other options for me in Chennai. (I can also buy it from outside Chennai, if the total cost of ownership after transfer and tax is within budget)

Hatch back preferred
Not more than 5 years old
Will be driven in Chennai city
Rare drive with family and very occasional long distance

Last edited by ravradha : 13th September 2016 at 15:39. Reason: added details
Old 13th September 2016, 16:24   #11559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravradha View Post
Can you please suggest what car (used) I can go for at 3 to 4 Lacs. I'm using a WagonR company leased which will be 3 years old in Jan 2017. I have an option to buy it at 3 Lacs. It is very well maintained and driven by me only (25K Kms).
If you buy it, you become a second owner.

For three lakhs if you buy almost new you can get Ritz / Swift / Micra etc - or a slightly older car a segment higher (Swift DZire and similar)

Or maybe a brand new Alto K10, which is a quite practical car.

Though - what is the need to dump that wagon R? Company lease over?
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 16:57   #11560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravradha View Post
Can you please suggest what car (used) I can go for at 3 to 4 Lacs. I'm using a WagonR company leased which will be 3 years old in Jan 2017. I have an option to buy it at 3 Lacs.
If you can get a good 2-3 years old Swift/Ritz or Figo, go for it eyes closed as it will be much more value vs your Wagon R. Or else, how about a new Tiago? Best value in that segment.
Old 13th September 2016, 18:00   #11561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Hello Guys!

Good morning.
How much should I expect for a 2014 Fiat Punto Dynamic 1.3, which is run for 46,000 km?
The price check tool here is showing too low price.
Hi there,
I sold my 2012 Punto MJD Emotion (top end) done 30K KMS for 3.3L. My car was absolutely well cared for. One dealer checked the car and offered me 2L

Hope this helps you. Don't bother taking your car to any dealers, its best you can find a private buyer.

Regards,
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 18:06   #11562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Hi there,
I sold my 2012 Punto MJD Emotion (top end) done 30K KMS for 3.3L. My car was absolutely well cared for. One dealer checked the car and offered me 2L

Hope this helps you. Don't bother taking your car to any dealers, its best you can find a private buyer.

Regards,
Same experience so far.
Two MSIL dealers offered (as I am going for exchange) 2.5-3.5 lakhs, saying 'Saar, Fiat ka resale value bahoot kam hai' (Fiats has poor resale value.).
Old 13th September 2016, 18:14   #11563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Same experience so far.
Two MSIL dealers offered (as I am going for exchange) 2.5-3.5 lakhs, saying 'Saar, Fiat ka resale value bahoot kam hai' (Fiats has poor resale value.).
Keep the car and use it two or three more years, then you can dump it for what it fetches with a clear conscience. Or keep it even longer.

Read - https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/your...rade-or-swap-0

Last edited by hserus : 13th September 2016 at 18:26.
Old 13th September 2016, 18:52   #11564
BHPian

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

How much should a 2008 Grand Vitara be worth? 2.0L MT, 1.81 lakh kms on the odo. Buying from an individual.

I know the Odo sounds a lot but the service history is very detailed and the car runs alright. I feel at the right price, the car can be worth it since GVs tend to be pretty reliable.

Last edited by Tanmay K : 13th September 2016 at 18:56.
Old 13th September 2016, 19:26   #11565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Hi there,
I sold my 2012 Punto MJD Emotion (top end) done 30K KMS for 3.3L. My car was absolutely well cared for.....

Regards,
It's a gem! My mom is curious to know why I keep smiling while driving on ghats..
This is how it looks after a wash..

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-img_20160814_12355529812.jpg
Na_sh is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed