Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2016, 10:03   #11731
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Hi experts

Need a suggestion. I currently own a 2014 april Hyundai Xcent Diesel S (mid variant). I was thinking of selling this off and getting another used car primarily because of lack of safety features and boring driving dynamics. How does the idea of selling this off and going for VW vento highline 2013 diesel 1.6L 35k done available for 4.80L?

This car is available here ->https://www.olx.in/item/volkswagen-v...tml#ce72beca61

There's no reservations for the particular brand, it's just that I found this deal to be lucrative. Any other suggestions are welcomed. (Punto, fiesta? Depreciation disasters basically The "Not so obvious benefits of buying a used car" spoiled me)

How much can I expect for my current car? Also, please note that we are not really in a mood to spend more than 50-100K from our pocket at the moment.
namanchaudhary is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2016, 13:00   #11732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Hello everyone. How much should I expect for a Hyundai i10 Magna 1.2L 2011 model, single owner, 86k km on the ODO? The car has no accident history or insurance claim made on it. The local Hyundai dealer valued it at 200k but the tbhp classified values it between 241 - 256k. Is this a reasonable value to expect?
A friend of mine just sold a 2011 i10 Sportz Auto with 60k on the ODO for 280k at Cars24. Another dealership was offering him only 230-240k. This was in Mumbai, the prices that you may be offered in NCR maybe slightly lower but you can give them a try.
Old 19th December 2016, 14:11   #11733
BHPian

Hello everyone. I am looking to buy a car (primarily driver's car, can be sedan or a hatch)
I found a listing for a 2011 Linea Tjet.
2nd owner
Full service history available
51k km run
Abs and airbags
Condition seemed neat and no scratches.
AP registered.
He is quoting 3.8 lakhs and Negotiable.
How much is it worth?

I would like to know the reliability of the turbo n other components that are likely to be replaced.
Eg: ac compressor, clutch, brake pads etc... Any other major expenses that I should be wary of?
How is the reliability of the turbo. I was planning to reamp it after buying.
Please advise
Old 19th December 2016, 15:25   #11734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepilot View Post
Hello everyone. I am looking to buy a car (primarily driver's car, can be sedan or a hatch)
I found a listing for a 2011 Linea Tjet.
2nd owner
Full service history available
51k km run
Abs and airbags
Condition seemed neat and no scratches.
AP registered.
How much is it worth?

I would like to know the reliability of the turbo n other components that are likely to be replaced.
Eg: ac compressor, clutch, brake pads etc... Any other major expenses that I should be wary of?
How is the reliability of the turbo. I was planning to reamp it after buying.
Please advise
My friends diesel linea turbo failed at 86k kms because there was a leak in air intake, but even otherwise the car is sensitive to mods. You are better off with old fiesta or classic 1.6, it is mod friendly too.
Old 19th December 2016, 16:11   #11735
BHPian

Quote:
2011 Linea Tjet.
How much is it worth?
This car is nowhere close to worth of Rs. 3.8 Lakhs, Linea is a market dud and a 6yr old one should cost you no more than 2.0-2.5 Lakhs depending upon the condition.

I have heard instances of turbo of T-Jet failing around the 70-80K Kms mark, but there is no established pattern to it and it has a lot to do with the manner in which the car was treated by its previous owners.

If i were you, i would steer clear of this car.
Old 19th December 2016, 16:33   #11736
BHPian

I sold my 2008 Swift VDi ABS, run 67800 km, 2nd owner - Single use (was a company lease that I closed and transferred the car to my name) to Cars24 for 3.01 Lakhs. I had the complete service history and Insurance valid till July 2017.
mtnrajdeep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 18:09   #11737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
AP registered.
How much is it worth?
And you are in Baroda?

He needs to get you a NOC from the AP RTO, and then you need to go and pay life tax on that car at the Baroda RTO.

Have fun, it is a nice long involved process.
Old 19th December 2016, 19:51   #11738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
But why are you selling it in just 3 months? Traditionally such early sale is a bad financial idea as it is, plus this demonitisation. How much did it cost you?Market is bad right now, local dealers rely on cash and now they don't have any, hence the low quote. PM me details of the car let me see if I can do something.
I finally sold my Duster to an individual with not much bargain on the price I quoted, what I got from Renault was a substandard car, what the buyer got from me was a vehicle where all the niggles were fixed. The buyer got the car thoroughly checked by an external technician in my presence and was happy with my quote. I could have retained the vehicle after spending effort to fix the niggles, but I had a personal score to settle with Renault and the dealer and show them what a passionate owner can do to his car. I will never ever recommend or buy a Renault product.
Old 19th December 2016, 20:10   #11739
BHPian

Hi all, found a Ford Endeavour on cartrade and gaadi, wanted your opinion before proceeding to even call the seller.

It is listed as a 3.2 Trend 4x4 AT on https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...rk=4&isP=false and as a 3.0 on https://www.gaadi.com/usedcars/detai...14_3.0l+4x4+at

Red flags
- at carwale - "waite color", Embassy employee
- at gaadi - "MANUFACTURING YEAR 2013 DATE OF REGISTRATION 22-7-2015" is this legit
- difference of KMs mentioned in carwale and gaadi

The car seems to be in pristine condition.

Should I go ahead and call up this chap? The price seems incredulously value for money.
Old 19th December 2016, 21:18   #11740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
This car is nowhere close to worth of Rs. 3.8 Lakhs, Linea is a market dud and a 6yr old one should cost you no more than 2.0-2.5 Lakhs depending upon the condition.

I have heard instances of turbo of T-Jet failing around the 70-80K Kms mark, but there is no established pattern to it and it has a lot to do with the manner in which the car was treated by its previous owners.

If i were you, i would steer clear of this car.
I just checked around, used car prices in AP are similar to those of Bangalore.
Any idea how much does a turbo replacement cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
And you are in Baroda?

He needs to get you a NOC from the AP RTO, and then you need to go and pay life tax on that car at the Baroda RTO.

Have fun, it is a nice long involved process.
I belong to AP and currently working in Baroda. NOC isn't a problem as I plan to get it transferred in AP itself and use it in Baroda.

After negotiating a bit over phone, he came down to 3.5 Lakh, below which he seemed reluctant to budge. I quoted 3 Lakh.
Old 19th December 2016, 21:53   #11741
Senior - BHPian

Please get the car appraised by a competent mechanic, if there is anything else wrong he will let you know first.

Turbo isn't exactly cheap. Get a quote from the authorized service center as well, first

Quote:
I just checked around, used car prices in AP are similar to those of Bangalore.
Any idea how much does a turbo replacement cost?

I belong to AP and currently working in Baroda. NOC isn't a problem as I plan to get it transferred in AP itself and use it in Baroda.

After negotiating a bit over phone, he came down to 3.5 Lakh, below which he seemed reluctant to budge. I quoted 3 Lakh.
Old 20th December 2016, 10:53   #11742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltoro View Post
A friend of mine just sold a 2011 i10 Sportz Auto with 60k on the ODO for 280k at Cars24. Another dealership was offering him only 230-240k. This was in Mumbai, the prices that you may be offered in NCR maybe slightly lower but you can give them a try.
Cars24 is offering me 139k to 164k subject to inspection

So I've these quotes:
Dealership - 200k
BHP Classifieds - 230k+
Cars24 - 139k+

Old 20th December 2016, 10:57   #11743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Cars24 is offering me 139k to 164k subject to inspection

So I've these quotes:
Dealership - 200k
BHP Classifieds - 230k+
Cars24 - 139k+

Dealers will try to buy from you for something like 50..60k under the usual price and then come up to say 25..30k, for a clean car.

Direct response from a prospective owner will wipe that margin.

If the dealer is "corporate" looking + has an online presence the margin knocked off becomes even higher than some local guy who buys cars and resells them one or two at a time.

But you're assured you won't be cheated / left high and dry by some car thief who comes and asks for a test drive, you're assured of proper documentation etc. [Note not everybody who looks at bhp classifieds is going to be a bhpian any more than the responses to olx or quikr].
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 11:05   #11744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Hi all, found a Ford Endeavour on cartrade and gaadi, wanted your opinion before proceeding to even call the seller.

It is listed as a 3.2 Trend 4x4 AT on https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...rk=4&isP=false and as a 3.0 on https://www.gaadi.com/usedcars/detai...14_3.0l+4x4+at

Red flags
- at carwale - "waite color", Embassy employee
- at gaadi - "MANUFACTURING YEAR 2013 DATE OF REGISTRATION 22-7-2015" is this legit
- difference of KMs mentioned in carwale and gaadi

The car seems to be in pristine condition.

Should I go ahead and call up this chap? The price seems incredulously value for money.
Call the number. Looks like one of those deals where they ask you for an upfront 'totally refundable' 10,000 Rs NEFT transfer before you can have a look at the car (And then obviously there is no looking).

After watching this video (), I had fun wit one of these sellers.

he asked for a 10k deposit, i said I will pay 1 Lakh, but you have to book the car for me as I cant visit before a month. After a few weeks, I told him to send me back details and promised to transfer 100% of the amount since the delay would be 3 more months from my end.

And then sent him a fake screenshot of the transfer. Good fun!
Old 20th December 2016, 11:31   #11745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Dealers will try to buy from you for something like 50..60k under the usual price and then come up to say 25..30k, for a clean car.

Direct response from a prospective owner will wipe that margin.

If the dealer is "corporate" looking + has an online presence the margin knocked off becomes even higher than some local guy who buys cars and resells them one or two at a time.

But you're assured you won't be cheated / left high and dry by some car thief who comes and asks for a test drive, you're assured of proper documentation etc. [Note not everybody who looks at bhp classifieds is going to be a bhpian any more than the responses to olx or quikr].
That makes sense and something that I missed noticing earlier.

Since I can spare some time next month, I'd rather get the car touched up and look for a direct response (with reasonable security measures ofcourse) and began the negotiation based on tbhp estimates.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks