Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2016, 11:46   #11746
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I will never ever recommend or buy a Renault product.
Can you please let us know the reason for the same.
Old 20th December 2016, 11:56   #11747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnaveen21 View Post
Some people just don't seem to like the Duster.

There's this guy who handed his over to the municipality in his town, to make into a Renault Dustbin ..

http://www.motoroids.com/news/disgru...bage-disposal/
Old 20th December 2016, 12:15   #11748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnaveen21 View Post
They have discounted sales strategy through out the year which means no price protection on their cars, hardly evokes a response in the Used Car market. The primary reasons are substandard quality of parts (stock & spares), lack of accountability during booking and buying process, lack of ownership of issues and delegating tasks to dealers, no focus on after sales support and incompetent dealership. I really appreciate the person who called it a Dustbin, I called it as Renault Dust while escalating things to the Renault CEO in India. Any OEM in the world which has self-respect would have handled the issues in a better way.

Last edited by deehunk : 20th December 2016 at 12:26. Reason: typo
Old 20th December 2016, 12:25   #11749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Cars24 is offering me 139k to 164k subject to inspection

So I've these quotes:
Dealership - 200k
BHP Classifieds - 230k+
Cars24 - 139k+

For my Swift, Cars24 online quote was only 2.74 lakhs. The final selling price, discovered through their auction process, was 3.01 lakhs.

Would still suggest that you pay a visit to Cars24 with your vehicle documents and then see if their price matches your expectations.
mtnrajdeep is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 18:48   #11750
BHPian

My friend is looking to buy a used BMW X1 in Hyd. He has been looking for a decent car within his circle of friends, but doesn't want to go to a used car dealer.

He has found a 2011 model in Mumbai. Its a BMW certified used car, so comes with a 12-month BMW warranty.

The question is - if he plans to get that to Hyd, how much of road tax would he have to pay? I understand that he would have to pay that as a percentage of the depreciated cost of the car, but how is that calculated? Any pointers please.
Old 21st December 2016, 18:52   #11751
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
He has found a 2011 model in Mumbai. Its a BMW certified used car, so comes with a 12-month BMW warranty.

The question is - if he plans to get that to Hyd, how much of road tax would he have to pay? I understand that he would have to pay that as a percentage of the depreciated cost of the car, but how is that calculated? Any pointers please.
The table is here -

http://www.aptransport.org/html/taxe...-time-tax.html

Invoice value of the car is taken into consideration - meaning accessories etc don't come into the picture.

For a > 10 lakh vehicle - 11.5% if 4 to 5 year old and 11% if 5 to 6 year old.

Depends on when it is registered in 2011 and presuming you register it in 2017 .. if that was a jan registration in 2011 it might save you 0.5% of several lakh rupees so take that into account
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 19:25   #11752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
My friend is looking to buy a used BMW X1 in Hyd. He has been looking for a decent car within his circle of friends, but doesn't want to go to a used car dealer.

How much is the price for this 2011 X1?
Old 22nd December 2016, 07:25   #11753
Distinguished - BHPian

Just flirting with the idea of selling of one of the cars in the garage and probably exchange it for a AT hatchback. Which one out of the two would you guys suggest to sell and expected prices I can get for both.

1. Nissan Sunny XLD ( diesel), april 2012 model, done 61k kms. Car has always been driven by driver and has fair share of exterior scratches. The interiors however are well maintained. All services have been carried out with Nissan service centres only.

2. Toyota Altis diesel, Sept 2011 model, done 64k kms. Almost all of the 64k kms have been driven by me only and the car was been pampered all along and very well maintained. All services have again been carried out at Toyota after sales and till date the car has done justice to the Toyota brand logo.

Although any day I would rather keep the Altis and dispose off Sunny, the mind says that Sunny has already gone through its depreciation and would now not lose much money. Also since its already been exclusively driven/abused by the driver, let it keep on doing that. Lastly dad's office area is pretty congested and a car of smaller proportions is better.

On the other hand the Toyota will lose more money in the coming years. But then it has been maintained very well, is more complete and better car than the Sunny and also more comfortable and feature rich. The downside is that once it is handed over to the driver, the condition of the car will keep going downhill.

Confused. Please advice.
Old 22nd December 2016, 08:48   #11754
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Just flirting with the idea of selling of one of the cars in the garage and probably exchange it for a AT hatchback. Which one out of the two would you guys suggest to sell and expected prices I can get for both.

1. Nissan Sunny XLD ( diesel), april 2012 model, done 61k kms. Car has always been driven by driver and has fair share of exterior scratches. The interiors however are well maintained. All services have been carried out with Nissan service centres only.

2. Toyota Altis diesel, Sept 2011 model, done 64k kms. Almost all of the 64k kms have been driven by me only and the car was been pampered all along and very well maintained. All services have again been carried out at Toyota after sales and till date the car has done justice to the Toyota brand logo.

Although any day I would rather keep the Altis and dispose off Sunny, the mind says that Sunny has already gone through its depreciation and would now not lose much money. Also since its already been exclusively driven/abused by the driver, let it keep on doing that. Lastly dad's office area is pretty congested and a car of smaller proportions is better.

On the other hand the Toyota will lose more money in the coming years. But then it has been maintained very well, is more complete and better car than the Sunny and also more comfortable and feature rich. The downside is that once it is handed over to the driver, the condition of the car will keep going downhill.

Confused. Please advice.

I would suggest you sell the Nissan Sunny Diesel for the following reasons-

1. Nissan dealerships are a gamble. I know of atleast 2 dealerships which had shutdown within an year of opening. Servicing & spares will be a problem later. Sourcing parts for a sunny in the open market isn't easy either. It took my FNG 2 weeks to source a steering rack and motor assembly for one of their customer's Sunny.

2. Now that you crossed 60k kms, your car will demand a few repairs. In such a case you will be spending quite a lot of money on a heavily depreciated car which happens to be a market disaster.

3. The actual size difference between the Altis and Sunny won't be much. Especially when you are getting chauffeured.

The Altis will hold on to its value and go on and on. In the near future selling a 100k kms Altis will be very easy than selling a 100k kms Sunny. Right now your Sunny is in the target of diesel sedan used car buyers. These are the kind of deals people are specifically looking for. You might find a buyer for the Sunny easily now. I would suggest you sell the Sunny and keep the Altis.

Asit
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 09:32   #11755
Senior - BHPian

Agreed - further the Sunny has been driven by drivers so is more abused and will need greater repairs than your Altis will.

Unload it, its probably recovered its money by now in 4 years @ 25%

The other option is - if the driver is going to keep driving that AT hatch, that isn't too much of a good idea. Let him continue abusing the already abused Sunny till it drops in value to really low and then unload it for what it fetches. (of course threaten to sack him or maybe kill him if he rides the clutch, leaves the car parked in first gear, starts the car in 2nd gear and all the other nonsense drivers pull, it might help a bit).
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2016, 16:52   #11756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Call the number. Looks like one of those deals where they ask you for an upfront 'totally refundable' 10,000 Rs NEFT transfer before you can have a look at the car (And then obviously there is no looking).

And then sent him a fake screenshot of the transfer. Good fun!
Exactly as you said, he asked for a 10pc advance. These ads should be flagged and users blocked.
Old 23rd December 2016, 17:30   #11757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Although any day I would rather keep the Altis and dispose off Sunny, the mind says that Sunny has already gone through its depreciation and would now not lose much money.

Confused. Please advice.
Sunny may fetch you about 3 lakhs now and will further depreciate by 70% in next 2 years. There are less buyers for Nissan and Renault cars in the used car market.
Old 23rd December 2016, 17:38   #11758
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Sunny may fetch you about 3 lakhs now and will further depreciate by 70% in next 2 years. There are less buyers for Nissan and Renault cars in the used car market.
It costed me 9.4L OTR in 2012. You mean to suggest that in 2018 with 6 years and 80k kms it will fetch me just Rs. 90k? I think that is a bit too less. My understanding is that it has lost most of its value and will now stabilise. BTW carwale's evaluation indicated a price of approx. 4.5L for it. I guess they are off by a huge margin in that case.
Old 23rd December 2016, 17:55   #11759
BHPian

I tried these evaluations from carwaale, OBV, etc and pretty much all of them gave figures around 4.3-4.7 lakh for my swift zdi 2012 model. When I had it evaluated at dealers like maruti and mahindra I only managed quotes of 3.2-3.5 lakh. No idea if it is demonetization or these online sites have an algorithm to make the seller happy with incorrect information.
Old 23rd December 2016, 18:02   #11760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My understanding is that it has lost most of its value and will now stabilise. BTW carwale's evaluation indicated a price of approx. 4.5L for it. I guess they are off by a huge margin in that case.
The dealer will always maintain that car is in fair condition, then what will be the evaluated price, it drops drastically. The dealer assumes higher waiting period for Sunny, this will further depreciate the price. The ROI is high for used cars, so prospective buyers will be less for Sunny, dealers cannot quote higher price. Their profit of margin will be high if the car is in pristine condition else less. These are some of the key points I have learnt with my experience of selling 5 cars in 7 years. You can get a fair picture by an evaluation at True Value and some other dealer.

Last edited by deehunk : 23rd December 2016 at 18:03.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks