Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2017, 15:35   #11971
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Hi everyone. I am considering a Volvo XC60 2013 D5 AWD model. Its in good condition and has run about 59,000 kms. This is a Bangalore registered vehicle and the owner is quoting Rs. 25 lakhs. Please do advise if the price is reasonable.
Old 1st May 2017, 16:42   #11972
BHPian

Hi, what would be the ideal price of a Cruze LTZ (automatic) 2014 end/2015 early. around 30,000 kms?

The OBV tool gives it 9-10-11 lakhs which seems to be far away from prices owners are asking.

Also say a person has fitted 1.5 lakhs worth accessories, what would be a fair evaluation in the used market. I do understand that these don't hold too much value.
Old 1st May 2017, 19:34   #11973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Hi, what would be the ideal price of a Cruze LTZ (automatic) 2014 end/2015 early. around 30,000 kms?

The OBV tool gives it 9-10-11 lakhs which seems to be far away from prices owners are asking.

Also say a person has fitted 1.5 lakhs worth accessories, what would be a fair evaluation in the used market. I do understand that these don't hold too much value.
No particular value for accessories. He can remove them and fit the original accessories if he likes before selling them.
Old 1st May 2017, 20:02   #11974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post

I'm looking to buy a car in the same segment and faced the same issue, the OBV value and quoted price by seller is off by about 5 lakhs whereas Carwale evaluator is off by about 50k, don't know why there's such a huge variation between these online tools
and the owner argues that he's fitted accessories >1 lakh in all.

I'm thinking of quoting around 30-40% of the original price on accessories, in addition to OBV price since carwale seems inaccurate.
Old 1st May 2017, 23:11   #11975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_rahul View Post
Planning to sell our June 2014 Black Fortuner, 3.0 4x2 AT, 49500 kms, single owner.
The OBV tool suggested that price for a vehicle in very good condition should be 23 lacs above. Mine is between excellent and very good somewhere.
The family is not in favour to sell it as there is no problem with the car. But now that dad has upgraded to an X5 and his Endeavour has been passed on to me, I feel it's better to sell a car thats going to be used once in a month maybe.
Also, I've taken utmost care of it and never drove rash, never went off roading even, no smoking or drinking and rarely even allowed eating in the car. So because I've been so careful, I'd rather wait and get a genuine individual buyer than sell in haste. Anyway there is no hurry.

So what do you guys feel is the price I should expect?
I refused an offer for 19.5 lacs as I'm trusting OBV. And I've quoted 22 on team-bhp classifieds.
Any advice for me please?
Old 2nd May 2017, 06:37   #11976
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I refused an offer for 19.5 lacs as I'm trusting OBV. And I've quoted 22 on team-bhp classifieds.
At this stage, what other advice can anyone give you than "sell at whatever best price you can get from the market"?

Don't place too much of a reliance on what indian blue book, obv etc etc say about market value, in the end result what a buyer offers matters.

You are selling a vehicle that is very lightly used and not too old either so you'll anyway take a loss on selling it.
Old 2nd May 2017, 10:30   #11977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manualManuel View Post
Hi everyone. I am considering a Volvo XC60 2013 D5 AWD model. Its in good condition and has run about 59,000 kms. This is a Bangalore registered vehicle and the owner is quoting Rs. 25 lakhs. Please do advise if the price is reasonable.
Volvo's are not fast movers, so used Volvo deals are not very common. It gets difficult judging market slow movers' resale prices. I've been a silent observer of this thread for a while and haven't seen many Volvo's being discussed.
Geo_Ipe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 11:41   #11978
BHPian

Quote:
This XC60 will be phased out within a year with a much smarter looking one. It looks very dated, but a great car nonetheless. It is priced a little higher. Considering it has run 60k kms, it is not a low used car, but then it is difficult to find low run Volvo's. Volvo buyers properly use their car. Maintenance is almost the same as the Germans, but reliability is much better. You should not pay more than 17-19L for it. Cos you will end up selling it probably when it is 7 years old with 1L kms on the odo. You will be fortunate to get about 10-12L for it then. Only if it had run 40k kms it would be a good buy for 20L.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 12:24   #11979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you are not in a real hurry to sell the vehicle, keep the buyer on hold and wait and see for about a 2-3 weeks. If you do not get any better offers, ask him if he is still interested to buy. IMHO, it's always better to be candid and let the buyer know that you will get back in case there are no better quotes. If he is really interested he will accept, if not there would be another buyer around the corner.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 19:57   #11980
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I need to sell my brother's Honda City VMT, October 2010 model. 43K driven approx. All the services done at Honda ASS with complete service History available. It's white color. The bumpers are painted along with one or two panels because of regular scratches and the car has never met even a minor accident. Took it to a dealer and the dealer offered 3.25 K and said he can pay 5- 10 K more. I need to put this car on OLX. What do you think is the price I shall quote on OLX.
Old 3rd May 2017, 11:05   #11981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Hi Guys,

I need to sell my brother's Honda City VMT, October 2010 model. 43K driven approx. All the services done at Honda ASS with complete service History available. It's white color. The bumpers are painted along with one or two panels because of regular scratches and the car has never met even a minor accident. Took it to a dealer and the dealer offered 3.25 K and said he can pay 5- 10 K more. I need to put this car on OLX. What do you think is the price I shall quote on OLX.
You should list it for 4 lakhs and let it go for 3.8
Old 3rd May 2017, 11:25   #11982
Senior - BHPian

What would be a realistic price for a 2010 1.2 Exi Figo run 50000 kms?
OBV quotes around 2.10 lak for a well maintained car.

Car is in good shape overall, if that helps.
Old 7th May 2017, 15:44   #11983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
This XC60 will be phased out within a year with a much smarter looking one. It looks very dated, but a great car nonetheless. It is priced a little higher. Considering it has run 60k kms, it is not a low used car, but then it is difficult to find low run Volvo's. Volvo buyers properly use their car. Maintenance is almost the same as the Germans, but reliability is much better. You should not pay more than 17-19L for it. Cos you will end up selling it probably when it is 7 years old with 1L kms on the odo. You will be fortunate to get about 10-12L for it then. Only if it had run 40k kms it would be a good buy for 20L.
Thanks Zulfi. Will definitely push for a lower price. But Karnataka prices are also generally higher.

I do understand this will be phased out next year and this is in fact the pre facelift model. So not even the current model. I think the face lifted one came to India around Oct 2013, while this is a Sept 2013 model. But like you mentioned, it's still a good car and it's the 215 bhp engine too

You indicated that maintenance is as high as the Germans. I was expecting this to be lower. I paid for my dad's A6's 60k Kms service. It was about 90k just for the periodical service! Was expecting the Volvo to be much cheaper to maintain.
Old 7th May 2017, 17:05   #11984
BHPian

Quote:
You indicated that maintenance is as high as the Germans. I was expecting this to be lower. I paid for my dad's A6's 60k Kms service. It was about 90k just for the periodical service! Was expecting the Volvo to be much cheaper to maintain.
The standard service for my E280 CDI at Sundaram Motors is 36K, and if you change the AC filter it will be 40K, so I guess Audi must be taking their customers for a ride, or being a 60K kms service there will be other expenses like break pads etc.
Old 7th May 2017, 19:47   #11985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
The standard service for my E280 CDI at Sundaram Motors is 36K, and if you change the AC filter it will be 40K, so I guess Audi must be taking their customers for a ride, or being a 60K kms service there will be other expenses like break pads etc.
Thanks Zulfi. I think the 60k service is a major one. The 15k (15, 45, 75) services are minor ones, the 30k ones (30, 90) more exp, and the 60k ones (60, 120) most expensive. The minor ones are some 26k and change.

Most Viewed