Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2017, 18:02   #12001
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
HI All,

My brother-in-law is looking to sell his Volkeswagen Vento TDI car. Its pondicherry registered and is black in color. 2011 model with 88000KM on the odo. excellent condition.

Can anyone suggest how much can be expected for this car?

Cheers
Having owned a PY registered car, I can safely tell you nobody will touch it with a barge pole irrespective of its condition. You'll have to search for individual buyers. Else, get it re-registered first before selling it (will add to the depreciation quotient). Of course, I am assuming you are not selling it in pondicherry.
Old 16th May 2017, 21:54   #12002
BHPian

Hello Guys. I need help.

I am looking for a used sedan under 50k on the odometer. Budget is about 8L, stretchable to 9L. It has to be a manual, above 130bhp, with at least two airbags along with ABS. Fuel doesn't matter.

I have shortlisted the 2.0 TDI motor in Jetta/Passat or the 1.8 TSI in Laura/Octavia/Superb. Most cars available in the market are 2010 to 2012 and priced between 6L and 11L (before any negotiation).

Any cars i missed?
Is there any issue in buying a 5 to 7 year old car considering that i am planning to keep it for 3 to 5 years?

Say, i buy a 2011 superb for 9L, how much depreciation can i expect in the next 3 years.
Old 17th May 2017, 17:26   #12003
BHPian

Hello guys,
Need some suggestions on what would be a fair price for my Ecosport (selling in Kolkata). It's a white colored, titanium petrol ecoboost model. Being from the first batch of cars, this is equipped to the brim (2 airbags instead of 6 and missing leather sits were the only difference from the plus model). It has run ~25.5K KMs and is in pretty great shape. No dents and maybe a couple of minor scratches (not more than a couple of centimeters). This was bought back in September 2013 (make - Aug 2013)
Thanks in advance.
Old 17th May 2017, 18:33   #12004
Senior - BHPian

I go by a rule, a car's value is halved every 5th year, unless it is a Maruti(Sx4, Estillo being exceptions).

Ex: A 2012 Vento Highline Tdi would have cost around 10-11L back then. Now, it should ideally be sold anywhere between 5-6L based on various conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
Hello Guys. I need help.
Say, i buy a 2011 superb for 9L, how much depreciation can i expect in the next 3 years.
To answer your question. Expect somewhere in 4-5L range at best, if the car's current value is around 7-8L.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 19:34   #12005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
...unless it is a Maruti(Sx4, Estillo being exceptions).
Tell me about it!

I own one of the two named cars and am always on the lookout for a well maintained example of the other (to buy). Though calling their going rate dirt cheap might not be justifiable, these two cars always get a step-motherly treatment in the second hand market. What pricks my heart the most is the quotes one gets from the True Value guys .

However, for folks in search of a reliable but cheap hatch/sedan, look no further than these two specimens from the house of Maruti. Only problem being, given the abysmal prices they fetch, not many owners are willing to part with them.
Old 19th May 2017, 00:15   #12006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
I'm looking to buy a pre-owned Toyota Fortuner ... What would be the right price for a T-Fort 4X2 AT with about 40k-50k on the odo and a 2014 make with a DELHI registration. IBB gives a value 16L but most dealers I've called have quoted north of 20L. So what is the right price for this?
I'm looking to sell my T-Fort 4x2 AT, 49750 kms, Black color, 2014 make but Mumbai registration.
OBV tool on Team-Bhp gave me a value of over 22 for a car with very good condition, similar for Carwale. I even got an offer from a dealer for 19.50L but since I've maintained the car extremely well (so much so that I even get compliments from toyota people whenever I go for service), I refused to sell it to that dealer. I don't mind waiting for a direct costumer but don't wish to sell it for less than it deserves.

I don't think 16L is a realistic figure for a car in good condition. Maybe it's the city difference but the IBB value I got for my car is 18.36-19.07L
Old 20th May 2017, 09:05   #12007
BHPian

Need quick inputs on a car sale. I am planning to sell my Verna Fluidic | SX Diesel | 2012 model | 45000 kms | Silver | single owner. What should I be expecting. Just a ballpark figure to help me negotiate. Any help is appreciated. I am located in Bangalore.
Old 22nd May 2017, 00:11   #12008
BHPian

I am planning to get a used diesel elite i 20 , sports & above model preferably around 20k or less on the odometer, in delhi ncr/Dehradun. What price should I expect? My eyes are on upcoming swift but need a ride till it's launched?
Old 22nd May 2017, 01:56   #12009
BHPian

Friends, found two good maintained Tata Zest XT revotron run 30000kms inbblr. Both quoting 4.4L final price..neatly maintained..just thinking loud if its worth buying revotron engine or have reliability issues later. Tata service also approved its good car.
Other than this have shortlisted amaze petrol and brio petrol. Almost same price. Only for abs folks are demanding more.
Old 22nd May 2017, 06:51   #12010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
Friends, found two good maintained Tata Zest XT revotron run 30000kms inbblr. Both quoting 4.4L final price..neatly maintained..just thinking loud if its worth buying revotron engine or have reliability issues later. Tata service also approved its good car.
Other than this have shortlisted amaze petrol and brio petrol. Almost same price. Only for abs folks are demanding more.
The Zest is a very good car and lovely bang for buck, go ahead and take it. Amaze is excellent too - but rather thin build quality to reduce the weight so more bodywork than most cars :(
Old 22nd May 2017, 07:34   #12011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The price is definitely good. you haven't mentioned model year but I guess it must be 2015 or 16. I had sold my Bolt XE - 2015 model for 3.25 lakhs. For just 1.15L more, you are getting a TOP END sedan version of the same platform and that too in Bangalore. Go for it.

between the 2 cars, what are the differences ?

I would prefer this anyday over the Amaze ( not because I have been a Tata car owner off late ) but because genuinely the car is much better and financially speaking, you have got a good deal with the first owner bearing the entire brunt of "Tata" depreciation.
Old 22nd May 2017, 08:38   #12012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
The price is definitely good. you haven't mentioned model year but I guess it must be 2015 or 16. I had sold my Bolt XE - 2015 model for 3.25 lakhs. For just 1.15L more, you are getting a TOP END sedan version of the same platform and that too in Bangalore. Go for it.

between the 2 cars, what are the differences ?

I would prefer this anyday over the Amaze ( not because I have been a Tata car owner off late ) but because genuinely the car is much better and financially speaking, you have got a good deal with the first owner bearing the entire brunt of "Tata" depreciation.
These are 2014 Models. I hear few issues of Revotron engine stalling or the mid range is not good from the ownership threads. Hence I would like to finalize.
Old 22nd May 2017, 08:40   #12013
BHPian

Do Tata Zest build quality much better and age better. Want to get the opinions from owners as I would like to keep for 5+ years.

Any reliability issues of Revotron Engines lately...Please advice.
Old 22nd May 2017, 08:46   #12014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do Tata Zest build quality much better and age better. Want to get the opinions from owners as I would like to keep for 5+ years.

Any reliability issues of Revotron Engines lately...Please advice.
The Zest is not an "enthusiast's car" so if you want it for zipping around really fast etc then forget it. If you want it for city use and occasional highway cruising without trying to be a speed demon, it is an excellent car so go ahead.

The stalling etc are more likely to be driver related issues than anything with the car. It is a 3 cylinder engine but has a very decent amount of torque for its size.
Old 22nd May 2017, 08:50   #12015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Build is far better than the Vista/Manza. If you maintain it well, it will definitely last long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
It is a 3 cylinder engine but has a very decent amount of torque for its size.
You are confusing this with the Tigor/Tiago. Zest has a 4 cylinder engine
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed