Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2017, 15:55   #12211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
A massive loss just to start with. Second owner regardless of how much you have used it. Expect at least a 3..4 lakh loss.
Yes I understand a 10% set back. But shouldn't that be a 10% depreciation on the onroad cost of a new one? We got it for 33L preGST and the same costs 36.5L onroad today. What value should we expect?
Old 28th July 2017, 16:02   #12212
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Youre looking at at least a 20..25% loss, selling to an individual buyer might get you a 10 to 15% loss instead, who knows

Keep the car would be my advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
We bought a BMW X1 last month. I am from New Delhi. The car has been driven for 300 Kms and has been parked neatly in our parking lot for resale. Coming from a 2010 Fortuner, this probably wasn't the right choice for an upgrade. Missing the SUV factor, the plan is to buy either the new Fortuner or the Endeavour. What resale price should we expect for the X1? It costed us ₹33 Lakhs on road pre-GST.
Old 29th July 2017, 12:32   #12213

Quote:
We bought a BMW X1 last month. I am from New Delhi. The car has been driven for 300 Kms and has been parked neatly in our parking lot for resale. Coming from a 2010 Fortuner, this probably wasn't the right choice for an upgrade. Missing the SUV factor, the plan is to buy either the new Fortuner or the Endeavour. What resale price should we expect for the X1? It costed us ₹33 Lakhs on road pre-GST.
I may be interested if you are willing to sell. Please let me know the details if you are interested. Dont have the PM facility as of now. you can contact me on pushkit92@gmail.com.
Old 29th July 2017, 21:02   #12214
BHPian

Plan to sell my August 2011 i10 Sportz AT Kappa2 - Red. It's done around 31000 km with 4k done Michelin tyres, 2 year old Amaron battery, pampered her a month ago with Liqui Moly ATF & Motul 0W 40. Mechanically bomb proof, cosmetically 90%. No accident, 50% NCB on Insurance.

The carwale/cartrade prices as well as the calculators seem ridiculous - with people quoting 3.3/3.5 for the same car of similar age/mileage..the TBHP OBV is around 2.7-3 lacs. I prefer selling to a dealer since it's replacement, a Baleno Alpha CVT would take it's own sweet time in arriving - anywhere from 6 weeks to 16 weeks - so can't really commit a date unless an individual is willing to wait.

What price should I expect?

Is cars24 the best best? Their outlet is around 10 minutes away from home..

Thank you!
Old 29th July 2017, 21:19   #12215
BHPian

Hello friends. A friend in my dad's circle is selling his 2015 Innova. Its the limited edition model (Captain seat) which was launched before the Crysta. The car has clocked 1L km with a complete service history and very well maintained without a single scratch or dent. He is asking 13L.

Can you guys help me with the ideal price for this car as we are planning to purchase it.
Thanks in advance.
Old 29th July 2017, 22:17   #12216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
I prefer selling to a dealer since it's replacement, a Baleno Alpha CVT would take it's own sweet time in arriving - anywhere from 6 weeks to 16 weeks - so can't really commit a date unless an individual is willing to wait
Why do you want to sell it though - so lightly used. Anyway hang on to it till the baleno is available and then put it on olx etc. A well maintained car should be taken off your hands in a day or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib Khan View Post
Hello friends. A friend in my dad's circle is selling his 2015 Innova. Its the limited edition model (Captain seat) which was launched before the Crysta. The car has clocked 1L km
That’s a very good Innova much better than the current crysta but one lakh in under two years? Bargain to reduce some amount as you may need new tires and battery, and some fairly expensive scheduled service soon unless it is already done.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 22:44   #12217
BHPian

Quote:
That’s a very good Innova much better than the current crysta but one lakh in under two years? Bargain to reduce some amount as you may need new tires and battery, and some fairly expensive scheduled service soon unless it is already done.
Thanks hserus for the prompt reply. Can you please shed some light on the parts which may be scheduled for replacement after 1L km. It will help while bargaining.
Thanks.
Old 29th July 2017, 23:03   #12218
BHPian

Quote:
Why do you want to sell it though - so lightly used. Anyway hang on to it till the baleno is available and then put it on olx etc. A well maintained car should be taken off your hands in a day or two.
Had no intention of selling..but the usage of a child seat has completely changed plans - the missus now needs Isofix, keyless entry, black interiors and a spacious rear seat..
Old 29th July 2017, 23:08   #12219

I have a red Swift VXi 1300 cc July 2005 model. I have driven it for 65000 kms till date and maintained it very well with getting it serviced super regularly on every 6 month interval right since from the very beginning. After getting a Pajero Sports recently, I feel I shall not be able to devote enough time to take care of it and considering selling it. What is the price I can expect ?
Old 30th July 2017, 07:37   #12220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib Khan View Post
Thanks hserus for the prompt reply. Can you please shed some light on the parts which may be scheduled for replacement after 1L km. It will help while bargaining.
Thanks.
As you say the vehicle has a clean service record take it to a Toyota Service Center and get it checked out, they might charge 2 or 3 k for that but it is worth it before you put in several lakhs. Timing belt, suspension fixes, several other things ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Had no intention of selling..but the usage of a child seat has completely changed plans - the missus now needs Isofix, keyless entry, black interiors and a spacious rear seat..
Reminds me of the ramakrishna paramahamsa story about the sadhu who was tired of rats eating his sole possession, a langoti, and got a cat. Then he got a cow to provide milk for the cat, land to grow hay for the cow, servants to take care of the land, a wife so that excess milk produced by the cow could be given to kids ..

More seriously if your wife has decreed that she wants all these bells and whistles, let the old car go for what you get for it. If it is in that good a condition someone should take it off your hands asap.
hserus is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 09:46   #12221
BHPian

Quote:

Reminds me of the ramakrishna paramahamsa story about the sadhu who was tired of rats eating his sole possession, a langoti, and got a cat. Then he got a cow to provide milk for the cat, land to grow hay for the cow, servants to take care of the land, a wife so that excess milk produced by the cow could be given to kids ..

More seriously if your wife has decreed that she wants all these bells and whistles, let the old car go for what you get for it. If it is in that good a condition someone should take it off your hands asap.
Lol, nice parable, caught in the trap! Yes, already have a few asking me! The problem is I don't want to lose 30K -40K to low-ballers! This is how she looks..
Attached Thumbnails
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-img_20160807_11524001.jpg  

Old 30th July 2017, 12:06   #12222
BHPian

Hello all, I am about to purchase my second car this week. I have shortlisted a 2015 Tata Indigo Diesel CR4 BS4 run 44500 KMS with an asking price of 2.60 lacs. And the other one is a 2014 Swift Diesel run 61000 KMS for RS 5.51 lacs. I am used to Tata vehicles and this could be my seventh Tata car. I feel Maruti cars toyish with game like steering. Is it worthwhile to use a Tata Indigo, for about maximum 18 months from the purchase? Are the CR4 engines reliable for long runs?
Old 31st July 2017, 17:00   #12223
BANNED

Quote:
Coming from a 2010 Fortuner, this probably wasn't the right choice for an upgrade. Missing the SUV factor.
Completely empathize with you. In today's world of so many options sometimes we do get cloistered with more than what we can chew. I am myself on the verge of deciding on letting my year old Innova Crysta go - simple because its 5 seats too many for a married couple

Do let us know when you let your car go; we will get a rough figure as to how the market thinks. Thanks.
Old 31st July 2017, 19:01   #12224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Completely empathize with you. In today's world of so many options sometimes we do get cloistered with more than what we can chew. I am myself on the verge of deciding on letting my year old Innova Crysta go - simple because its 5 seats too many for a married couple

Do let us know when you let your car go; we will get a rough figure as to how the market thinks. Thanks.
Yes, absolutely. The Crysta must have appealed to your heart but must not have been a wiser option. For our X1 Expedition, the dealers having been quoting in the vicinity of 28.50-29.00 apparently because the White colour is in greater demand and they all have buyers.

I'm optimistic of getting a bit higher through classifieds, the negotiations are on. Will surely update you once the car has been sold. Hope you too get a good deal of your Crysta!

Last edited by sunejarahul : 31st July 2017 at 19:05.
sunejarahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 10:56   #12225
BHPian

There's a 2013 model Jetta 1.4 TSI AT (35,000 km) in good condition for sale at a used car dealer in Kochi, Kerala. The price quoted is 6 lacs, however the Catch is it is a West-Bengal registered car. Though the dealer said he can arrange NOC, for all practical purposes I consider road tax refund from WB impossible.

Since it's 4 year old model, what would be the approximate price on which life-time tax would be calculated ? More importantly, is this a good offer ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks