Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2017, 16:53   #12256
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Considering your usage of 40km daily commute,a petrol automatic should suffice unless you get a Vento/Rapid diesel with DSG for the same price(which is highly unlikely). Honda City CVT is a better and safe option, if not the best.
Honda CVT was introduced in 2014 or am I wrong in it? Used car market is flooded with Honda City 2009 ~ 2012 model which was with Torque Converter
Any idea on real time mileage of Polo GT TSI have came across few?

Cheers!
Old 9th August 2017, 17:21   #12257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Honda CVT was introduced in 2014 or am I wrong in it? Used car market is flooded with Honda City 2009 ~ 2012 model which was with Torque Converter
Yes. Link

Quote:
Any idea on real time mileage of Polo GT TSI have came across few?
Please go through the reviews, they might be of some help -
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 17:25   #12258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
Guys, I'm planning to buy a used Verna AT. I'm getting a 2014 SX AT diesel and a 2016 S Petrol AT, both at around 8 Lakhs. Any suggestions on which I should chose from?
  • I'm a little skeptic about the latter as it is only 9 month old and has run only 3700 kms. The seller says he's selling because he needs money for some property purchase. Somehow I think there could be something fishy here.
  • I also think that this still is better buy than the 2014 model, given that its still under warranty and newer face lifted variant too.
  • On the other hand, 2014 model (with 21k on the odo) is the SX diesel model with better features.
Advise please.

Fun Fact: 2014 SX AT diesel has a Team BHP sticker on it
You should probably get the history of both the vehicles from Hyundai and then decide. My vote goes for Diesel too, it's much more fun to drive than Petrol though 4 Speed AT might be a downer.
pathik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2017, 09:30   #12259
BHPian

Thank you "jetsetgo08" for those information's.

Yesterday me and my wife went to check a used 2015 Skoda Rapid 1.5 Elegenca AT Diesel. It had 33K on the odometer. It was from seller directly and came to know about the vehicle from Truebil.

On cranking the engine the sound from it was not like any other Skoda / Vento diesel and the cluster had both glow plug & engine malfunction warning lights on even after 15 minutes. I have driven a DSG extensively before and the gear shifts wasn't usual.

What's surprising here is this vehicle had 4.7 score from Truebil LINK
If you notice they have given 4.5 for engine without any negatives.
The interiors and exteriors were well maintained though.

I'm still wondering how could this vehicle managed to get a good score in Truebil, what kind of manipulation had went behind this?

The seller says he has proper service history maintained and will take the car to Skoda and get the issues sorted out on the warning lamp errors.

Folks I would strongly suggest not to rely solely on these third party dealers for making any decisions.

Anybody here with similar experiences?

Cheers!

Last edited by treadmark : 10th August 2017 at 09:32.
Old 10th August 2017, 11:40   #12260
PPS
Senior - BHPian

My family is planning to sell our 2014 Amaze EX (diesel) done about 60k kms. The car is in good condition, has been regularly serviced. New tyres installed at 45k kms, brake pads changed frequently as they wear out much quicker & new wheel caps put up this week as the earlier ones fell off thanks to the potholed Mumbai roads! How much should i expect?
Old 10th August 2017, 12:06   #12261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks I would strongly suggest not to rely solely on these third party dealers for making any decisions.

Anybody here with similar experiences?
I once happened to check a Cartrade certified(with 100-day warranty) Swift, the report does not mention of any external part replacements, but noticed that the front bumper was changed & repainted, the hood was touched up and the front upper cross member was hammered for the proper slotting of the hood. Though it may not be major, most of the Cartrade/Cardekho/droom etc. reports can be disregarded, it is always better to rely on a known mechanic & some personal experience. Among the used car dealers I found Truevalue and Toyota U-trust to be a little better when compared to others.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 10th August 2017 at 12:07.
Old 10th August 2017, 12:28   #12262
BHPian

Quote:
Among the used car dealers I found Truevalue and Toyota U-trust to be a little better when compared to others.

I relied on Truebil sine someone in this thread had good opinion relative to others.

Since I'm in the process of buying a used car, do you know whether Truevalue or U-Trust can evaluate the vehicle if I can take it to them? If not how can I find a freelance evaluator?

Cheers!
Old 10th August 2017, 13:01   #12263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since I'm in the process of buying a used car, do you know whether Truevalue or U-Trust can evaluate the vehicle if I can take it to them? If not how can I find a freelance evaluator?
Pardon me, as currently I am not much aware of any in Bangalore, may be other members can help.

But, if you can strike a deal with seller to allow you to take the vehicle to any Company owned used car dealer( read TrueValue, Ford Assured, Hyundai promise etc.) then nothing better than that to get the vehicle evaluated.

You can take the car to the respective service center as well and ask them to evaluate. Please follow & continue the discussion in the other thread -

Link

The only question is when it comes to price, I have come across instances when some would clearly state to the seller that they would be ready to pay 'X' amount above the dealer quote. Sometimes the seller agrees, most won't as they would be skeptical about a very low price that a dealer might quote.

W.r.t freelance evaluators, I suggest you to go through the FNG/Independent garage list in Team-bhp directory. It is better to get the car evaluated by a head mechanic by taking the car there or you can as well ask him to accompany you to evaluate a car. Their charge always depends on your rapport with them.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 10th August 2017 at 13:03.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2017, 13:04   #12264
BHPian

Quote:
..... If not how can I find a freelance evaluator?
You can also check with Wheels Wisdom (https://www.wheelswisdom.com/), they do used car evaluation. Did not have a personal experience for used car evaluation but I have used their other services and pretty satisfied.

Quote:
.....it is always better to rely on a known mechanic & some personal experience.
Nothing beats that, I had taken one of my expert friend when I bought a used car.
Old 10th August 2017, 18:19   #12265
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I am in the used car market looking for an AMT for my daily commute from home to office. As I don't want to exceed my budget of 4 L - 4.5 L & mileage within 25 - 30K run, the cars shortlisted are MS Celerio AMT, Wagon R AMT, Kwid AMT (although I am now thinking of keeping this out of my list due to lack of M mode).

I have shortlisted a few which are as follows :
Celerio VXi AMT, 2014, 15K Kms - 3,65,000 (final)
Celerio VXi AMT, 2015, 28K Kms - 4,00,000 (can be negotiated)
Wagon R VXi AMT, 2015, 13K Kms - 4,00,000 (can be negotiated)
Kwid RXT AMT, 2017, 4K Kms - 4,20,000 (can be negotiated)

Do you think these are decently priced as per the market & demand of the AMTs. I took test drive of the Celerio with 15 KM run, and it had judders at low speed. Other than that, I found no issues.

Please provide your expert comments/reviews & any other car that I can search within this price range.
Old 10th August 2017, 18:34   #12266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
Please provide your expert comments/reviews & any other car that I can search within this price range.
Among the mentioned options, Wagon R seems to be the best priced. IMHO, all of them may be negotiated by 10-15% based on the condition of the car. Please do check the OrangeBookValue for a better insight.

OTOH, is any of these cars being sold by truevalue? I would suggest buying an AMT from TrueValue or any other dealer that offers some kind (read atleast 6 months) of warranty on the engine, it may be worth the additional price.
Old 11th August 2017, 09:42   #12267
BHPian

Does someone know of a good mechanic that I can hire to inspect a used Verna in West Delhi?
I'm getting a 2016 Verna S At driven only 4K kms, at 8 Lakhs. I want to get it inspected by a trusted mechanic.

Thanks!
Old 11th August 2017, 10:50   #12268
BHPian

Guys how much should I pay for 2012 Mercedes Benz C200 white petrol, done 77000 kms, single owner, in Bangalore. It comes with navigation and panoramic sunroof, it is 1.8 turbo petrol, condition is normal, tyres need to be changed in 10k kms.
Old 11th August 2017, 22:29   #12269
Senior - BHPian

Just checking, how much can I expect if I put my 2012 Rapid TDI Ambition up for sale? It's done about 45k, has Momo alloys and new CPC2 tyres, new battery, and is very well maintained, devoid of any dents. Bangalore registered.
Old 11th August 2017, 23:44   #12270
BHPian

This is post /comment is regarding the methodology for arriving at an approximate value for a used car.

While talking to a bank executive dealing with auto loans, I was advised by the gent that I should try to the extent possible to look for vehicles that were priced in proximity to current IDV.

The rationale put forward was that the bank funding your purchase will use an internal benchmark for valuing the vehicle and will deal with your loan proposal according to the value they arrive at. This benchmark is based on a valuer's report/valuation and the IDV of the vehicle . Logically speaking this makes sense too from a monetary standpoint , as in the event of a worst case scenario the compensation received from the insurance company will be to the extent of the IDV only.

Whereas in stark contrast to the above most listing prices are at a hefty 10-15% premium to the value arrived at by following the methodology detailed above.

The question therefore is , have any folks used any such guideline when negotiating for buying a used car. Were you successful in closing the transaction? If aware of the valuation methodology , you still paid a higher price, what was percentage difference between your purchase price and IDV?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks