Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2017, 00:44   #12346
BHPian

I own i20 elite petrol sportz with 35000 kms on the oddo and exactly 2 years old. This was launched newly in 2015 as a special edition with only 600 units produced all over India. I plan to sell this either now (depending upon value) or wait for 6 more months to see new launches and sell it then. What is the price i can expect now and what is the price i can expect in 6 months time with estimated 45000 kms on the oddo?
Old 3rd October 2017, 10:40   #12347
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Guys,

Any idea what would be the market price for Ford Fusion Diesels? Seeing a very wide range while I did some online research.

Mine is a 2009 model, well maintained with clean interiors and exteriors. Odo reading is just above 100,000KMs. Car is flawless at the moment but 8 years age is bit of a worry from reliability perspective while parents are using it.
Old 3rd October 2017, 15:00   #12348

Preowned Vento TSI 2016 - Seeking Buying Advice

Hello Friends,

I presently own a pre-owned Skoda Rapid 2014 1.6TDI (32k kms done). In city driving, I find the clutch hard and am developing pain in my left knee. So I was scouting for an automatic.

Then I came across a Vento TSI 2016 Model (purchased in March 2016). The details are given below:

Version: Face lift model - Steel Grey colour. Vehicle has been maintained neatly - though, I have to get 3M treatment done for both exterior and interior to get back the showroom look.

Fuel: Petrol 1.2 TSI Highline
Owner : First
Kilometres run: 45000 (45000 servicing done recently as per owner)
Extended warranty: not available but owner got quote of Rs.24500 from VW. He says if I confirm, he will buy extended warranty but I have to foot the bill.

Owner added the following equipment:
  • Alpine Sound System
  • Ground Zero Sub-woofer
  • Matrix dual HID Head lights with sequential DRL
  • new Yokohama Tyres 205/55/15
  • 3D mats
  • Changed the horns

He says all of these cost him Rs.2lac. I don't know...

I also saw shark-fin antenna, chrome beading on windows (only bottom) and spoiler. I don't know if these are standard for the Highline or they were also added by him.

He is quoting Rs.975000. Indian bluebook and Teambhp OrangeBookValue value the car between 860000 and 900000.

Friends, my questions are:

1. Is the car worth buying considering it has run 45K kms. What are the maintenance issues that will crop up after the above mileage mark? Will I be looking at significant maintenance expenses going forward.
2. Considering the accessories added, what is the fair price that I can pay if the answer to question 1 above is Yes.
3. Importantly, will VW do the extended warranty as the owner has installed 3rd party equipment from outside vendors and got the installation work done by 3rd party workshop. My present Rapid has extended warranty upto 2019 and I don't want to risk taking a VW vehicle without extended warranty - especially when it is a DSG.

As usual, I appreciate the value of your advices and that will help me decide if it is worth buying the above VW Vento TSI. Experience wise, for me except for the automatic convenience, I perhaps will not see much difference as my present ride is Rapid.

Looking forward to your help and guidance.

Thanks
Sudharshan
svsudhir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 17:41   #12349
Senior - BHPian

Bosch has put on hammer its company owned and used cars. This time around, a good number of Altis and Verna are on the block. For the first time, I am seeing 2W too. More details here

http://krauctioneers.in/E-17-105-BOSCH-Adugodi-Cars.pdf

One of the Verna has a damage just near the windshield at the start of the A pillar. Swift have damaged bumpers and swipes on the side.
Old 5th October 2017, 18:08   #12350
BHPian

I am considering selling my Honda Jazz V CVT. bought it exactly a year ago. Its done around 13k kms. Insurance is good for another year. Tyres upgraded to Michelin primacy 3ST. Absolutely no damage to the car. Its Pondy registered.

What would be a fair price to expect?
Old 6th October 2017, 09:53   #12351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedriver View Post
I am considering selling my Honda Jazz V CVT. bought it exactly a year ago. Its done around 13k kms. Insurance is good for another year. Tyres upgraded to Michelin primacy 3ST. Absolutely no damage to the car. Its Pondy registered.

What would be a fair price to expect?
Figure on losing at least a third of the price you bought it for. Just why do you want to sell it at such an early stage?
Old 6th October 2017, 10:01   #12352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Figure on losing at least a third of the price you bought it for. Just why do you want to sell it at such an early stage?
Growing family size so we need something bigger. I don't want to give away the X1 yet because it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it, also the depreciation for that would be a much bigger hit. So im just exploring the possibility of bidding bye to the jazz provided it's not too big a hit.
Old 6th October 2017, 10:02   #12353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Growing family size so we need something bigger. I don't want to give away the X1 yet because it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it, also the depreciation for that would be a much bigger hit. So im just exploring the possibility of bidding bye to the jazz provided it's not too big a hit.
The Jazz is already a hugely roomy car! Just how many people in your family?
Old 6th October 2017, 10:08   #12354
BHPian

Quote:
The Jazz is already a hugely roomy car! Just how many people in your family?
1 toddler and another kid on the way. Wife.. Me and my mom. Add 2 dogs to the mix ☺️. The X1 can't fit 2 car seats without compromising on driving position drastically. Actually even with 1 car seat nobody can sit in the front passenger seat for outstation trips anymore. So the idea is to keep the X1 for the fun of it and get something more practical for the family.

The main grouse with the jazz is the lack of isofix points and ofcourse the dog crate doesn't fit in it

Last edited by zombiedriver : 6th October 2017 at 10:09.
Old 6th October 2017, 10:10   #12355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1 toddler and another kid on the way. Wife.. Me and my mom. Add 2 dogs to the mix ☺️. The X1 can't fit 2 car seats without compromising on driving position drastically. Actually even with 1 car seat nobody can sit in the front passenger seat for outstation trips anymore. So the idea is to keep the X1 for the fun of it and get something more practical for the family.
You need a minibus my dear chap. I think your family would be a tight fit even in an Innova or Scorpio.

Just ask yourself, how many times do you load up the entire family + two dogs? Maybe the occasional highway trip? And if they don't all fit in, won't hiring a Myles or Revv for that one occasion work?

You'll face massive losses (even if you can afford an X1) if you sell out now.
Old 6th October 2017, 10:20   #12356
BHPian

Quote:
You need a minibus my dear chap. I think your family would be a tight fit even in an Innova or Scorpio.

Just ask yourself, how many times do you load up the entire family + two dogs? Maybe the occasional highway trip? And if they don't all fit in, won't hiring a Myles or Revv for that one occasion work?

You'll face massive losses (even if you can afford an X1) if you sell out now.
I know its not easy to find the right car for my family . We do a reasonable amount of outstation trips, not for vacationing but visiting family and we pack our dogs with us every time. To give you an idea of my usage The X1 has done about 46000 kms in 2.5 years approximately and that is after not traveling much during my wife's last pregnancy.

The self drive's don't allow pets onboard, I checked with all the available ones here. Its only a thought right now and I might not let it go if the hit is over 20% considering its a great car for city use.
Old 6th October 2017, 10:36   #12357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know its not easy to find the right car for my family . We do a reasonable amount of outstation trips, not for vacationing but visiting family and we pack our dogs with us every time. To give you an idea of my usage The X1 has done about 46000 kms in 2.5 years approximately and that is after not traveling much during my wife's last pregnancy.

The self drive's don't allow pets onboard, I checked with all the available ones here. Its only a thought right now and I might not let it go if the hit is over 20% considering its a great car for city use.
For sure you're looking at a minimum 30% hit. The rest depends on bargaining, but high quality tyres, fancy accessories etc just don't count too much in the resale market so you're well advised to strip them and reuse them on any new vehicle that you buy.

I would suggest just getting a used but reliable Innova or similar and keeping it around for your long trips. The cost overhead won't be too much that way.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 12:27   #12358
Senior - BHPian

Re: Preowned Vento TSI 2016 - Seeking Buying Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsudhir View Post
Hello Friends,
1. Is the car worth buying considering it has run 45K kms. What are the maintenance issues that will crop up after the above mileage mark? Will I be looking at significant maintenance expenses going forward.
A petrol car with 45k km's within 1.5 years, I seriously doubt if the car was single driver driven even if he were to be a hardcore automobile enthusiast. Issues related to suspension might crop up at around 60k kms or so based on how the car was maintained. Other things to check would be brake pads and wheel bearings. Were the tyres replaced recently? All inclusive keep aside at least Rs.50k(worst case) for the repairs.

Quote:
3. Importantly, will VW do the extended warranty as the owner has installed 3rd party equipment from outside vendors and got the installation work done by 3rd party workshop. My present Rapid has extended warranty upto 2019 and I don't want to risk taking a VW vehicle without extended warranty - especially when it is a DSG.
Please take the car and get it inspected at a VW service center, this would clarify if the extended warranty is applicable.

Quote:
2. Considering the accessories added, what is the fair price that I can pay if the answer to question 1 above is Yes.
Accessories are never a part of the cars resale. Most dealers would refuse to pay a penny for the additionally fitted accessories. However, going by the list of accessories, it should have cost him around a lakh or more, and he is free to keep the accessories with him and fit the stock accessories like Headunit, Headlamps back.

Despite the lessening petrol vs diesel price gap, petrol sedans were never in great demand in Hyderabad. IMHO, the seller would be having great difficulty in finding a buyer even for 8L, 45k kms on the odo is a further downer. This is a one-off case where the IBB/OBV/Carwale values might not apply.

However, if you still are really interested I suggest you to start your quote at 7.2L(with a brave heart) and close under 8L. Ask him to revert in case he does not get a better quote.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 6th October 2017 at 12:32.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 12:54   #12359

Re: Preowned Vento TSI 2016 - Seeking Buying Advice

Thanks for the heads up. I did the deal for 8L. Yeah he has changed tyres to yokohoma 205/55/15 recently. Vehicle serviced aug'17. Got extended warranty too until 2020.
Old 6th October 2017, 15:46   #12360
BHPian

I'm looking at picking up a used Elantra 1.6 Diesel AT, in the SX trim.

The car is August 2014 registered (in Karnataka) and has 40K on the odometer. First owner.

Car seems to be reasonably maintained (but not impeccably for sure). The interior has signs of use including a worn looking AT lever knob etc.

Looks like the dealer will be OK with a 11L price.

Does this pricing seem reasonable ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks