Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2017, 08:58   #12481
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Insurance of 10k sounds a bit too much to me. It should be around 6-7k if I am not wrong. Who gave you the insurance quote? Please do check about the insurance cost as well. If the insurance is going to expire soon (like in a couple of days0, it will be the owner's responsibility to renew it?
Hi Saanil. I was just rounding it off as I have just paid 8.6K for a 2014 Nano which I have in Goa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Owner or some petty dealer? That is are the papers in the name of the guy who is selling to you or is he claiming that the car belongs to his cousin, friend etc?

Transfer of ownership won’t cost 5000 for sure it’s a few hundred rupees and even agent fees should be a lot less.

1.65 is way too costly a price for a lowest end model nano. Knock at least 30% off the price.

If the car is owned by someone else then you can be sure it’s a petty dealer and aggressively bargain, he will have included his profit margin in the sale price.
Hi Hserus,

It is a dealer in Bandra West. Even I was quite shocked to hear about the 5K transfer fees but checked with a few dealers and all quoting the same. I guess I can do it myself.

I don't think they will knock 30% off as the car is literally brand new. Run only 600 Kms. It is one up from the base model - XM. The dealer claims cost when new was 2.70L. I will also have to fit ICE which will cost another 8-10K. If I offer 1.25L would that be an OK price? I am keen on the GenX Nano simply because of the extremely low mileage.

There is another 2014 Twist XT run 2000 Kms. Asking price is 1.40L.
Also a 2015 Twist XT run 5000 Kms. Asking price is 1.55L.
Pretty much fully loaded. Which do you think is the best deal?

All are Bombay registered cars.

Regards,
SS
Old 2nd December 2017, 10:38   #12482
BHPian

Hi,.

I found a 2016 vento TSI HL for sale in Bangalore, which has run around 12000km so far. Inspected the car - seems mechanically sound, but has had some dents and scratches which will need some work.
Owner is quoting 9.7L + insurance. Is this a fair price?

Also planning to get the car evaluated at VW service centres. Any recommendations of good service centres in Bangalore for this? I'm not very knowledgeable about cars and would be depending upon the service technicians to tell me if there is an issue.
Old 2nd December 2017, 11:03   #12483
Senior - BHPian

The fair price for this Vento TSI HL will be 8.5L, 9.7L is too high for a car with dents and scratches.

Last edited by deehunk : 2nd December 2017 at 11:06.
Old 9th December 2017, 09:41   #12484
BHPian

The search for a little weekend Gypsy fun continues:

Found a Gypsy King, that's ex-army and has been registered now to the current owners name. (No idea on which exact year it is originally from).

Is a soft top, has no A/C & has been kitted out as a 2 seater and has definitely been used for some off-roading by it's current owner. Looks like the engine has been souped up a bit too. Asking price 1.5L

What would be a good price to quote ?
Old 10th December 2017, 08:21   #12485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxsend View Post

Found a Gypsy King, that's ex-army and has been registered now to the current owners name. (No idea on which exact year it is originally from).

Is a soft top, has no A/C & has been kitted out as a 2 seater and has definitely been used for some off-roading by it's current owner. Looks like the engine has been souped up a bit too. Asking price 1.5L

I think 1.5 is a great price for a Gypsy!
Old 10th December 2017, 13:29   #12486
BHPian

Quote:

Found a Gypsy King, that's ex-army and has been registered now to the current owners name. (No idea on which exact year it is originally fro m).

Where is this car? Anywhere around 1.5 is good if this is a gyspy king, basically 1.3 litre engine.
Check up the RC for exact details and take a mechanic along.
Looks a little fishy
Old 10th December 2017, 20:16   #12487
BHPian

Planning of selling two cars in my garage would like to know fair price for the same
2010 Mumbai Reg Innova V 2.5 8 seater. Silver run 96k kms battery replaced last week and running on 2k run Pirelli's single owner and all services at TASS

2013 Mumbai reg VW Jetta Highline AT silver run 36K kms
Old 10th December 2017, 21:08   #12488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Where is this car? Anywhere around 1.5 is good if this is a gyspy king, basically 1.3 litre engine.
Check up the RC for exact details and take a mechanic along.
Looks a little fishy
The vehicle is in Chennai. For some reason they've removed the original doors and replaced them with doors that have been fabricated (from the looks of it).

A bit of rust here and there. As for the papers need to take a closer look.

Last edited by bblost : 10th December 2017 at 22:52. Reason: Avoid using unnecessary ...
Old 11th December 2017, 00:13   #12489
BHPian

Quote:

Hi auxsend,
Hope this is an MPFI Gypsy. Avoid the carburettor versions (1996 to 2000/1) as it is almost impossible to get parts for the carb. Any good Gypsy mechanic will tell you the same. My friend has just bought a 1998 Gypsy from it's first owner and now regretting it as it's giving him about 3Km/Litre and he cannot source the spares for the carb anywhere.
Also check for damage under the car if it has been used for off roading.
Regards,
SS
Old 13th December 2017, 03:17   #12490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikred View Post
I'm planning to sell my petrol DZire as I'll be moving out of Hyderabad. Can anyone help tell me how much I can expect in Hyderabad (private sale, authorized dealership, non-authorized dealership, etc.,)?

Make: Maruti Suzuki
Model: Swift Dzire
Year: 2014
Variant: VXi 1.2 BSIV (Petrol)
Odometer: 29,800+ kms
Condition: Excellent
Accidents: none
Insurance valid till September 2018
Has always been serviced on time at Maruti dealerships
Attachment 1693036
An update: (TL;DR sold it for 4.5 to a private buyer)
  • As soon as I posted my ad on Olx and Quikr, a buyer checked out my vehicle and quoted 4.5, but I wanted to wait for a few more days to get more quotes.
  • TrueValue's quotes were 4.2 and 4.25
  • Cars24's quote was 4.19 (this guy kept pestering me for two weeks saying that he'd get a better price)
  • I closed my loan and was preparing to sell it to that 4.5 buyer. In the meanwhile, my wife's uncle got to know of this and wanted to buy the car for the same price. I sold it off to him for 4.5 lakh.
Old 13th December 2017, 09:16   #12491
BHPian

How accurate are the rates provided by Cars24 as a reference point ?
Old 13th December 2017, 10:12   #12492
BHPian

Quote:
Just to give you a rough idea, I was in market looking to sell my Alto. Their online configurator quoted me price in the range of 1,41,000-1,70,000 and asked me to visit the showroom. At the showroom, they offered me 1.30 citing some non sense reasons. I finally sold it to a local used car dealer for 1.65L. He must've sold it further for around 1.9L after refurbishing the car and adding his profit margins
namanchaudhary is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2017, 12:50   #12493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
Just to give you a rough idea, I was in market looking to sell my Alto. Their online configurator quoted me price in the range of 1,41,000-1,70,000 and asked me to visit the showroom. At the showroom, they offered me 1.30 citing some non sense reasons. I finally sold it to a local used car dealer for 1.65L. He must've sold it further for around 1.9L after refurbishing the car and adding his profit margins
Thanks for the reference point. Interestingly, they seem to be even providing pricing references for Jeeps & Gypsy's, which some of the other sites wouldn't typically generate prices for.
Old 16th December 2017, 12:27   #12494
BHPian

My Brother in law is looking for a used diesel near Mumbai. His budget is maximum 3 lacs and other criteria are 2013 and onwards, diesel, reasonable maintenance cost, good k/l average. Due to his low budget not many are available readily.
He has shortlisted Chevrolet Sail sedan on internet at a dealer in Mumbai. 2013 model with 70k kms at 3.5 lacs quoted price.
Even if we can get it at 3 lacs is it advisable at this stage? Also high milage may need Turbo or suspension related work IMO subject to service history. Service history shall be checked from company. Since after sales service shall be by Mahindra in future, he is considering it.
He has driven different cars including scorpio and tavera. So i know he needs reasonable power.
I have also suggested him old Figo.
What do you guys think?
Old 17th December 2017, 00:05   #12495
BHPian

Quote:

They are exactly the opposite to what they advertise about themselves. They quote ridiculously low prices I think. Great ambience, decent care when you step in, sophisticated validation methods. But, end result is not very great for the seller.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks