Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2017, 14:39   #12496
BANNED

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Fellow BHPians -

I am looking for a "Pre Worshiped" Baleno Altura across cities, if there be anyone known who is willing to part ways, I would be thankful if you may PM me.

TIA.

Happy Motoring !!

Last edited by Torquedo : 19th December 2017 at 14:41.
Old 19th December 2017, 15:09   #12497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
They are exactly the opposite to what they advertise about themselves. They quote ridiculously low prices I think. Great ambience, decent care when you step in, sophisticated validation methods. But, end result is not very great for the seller.
If you are considering to sell it to a dealer then you can consider Cars24 as the better dealer. They offer reasonable price in comparison to other dealers. What they can't match is individual buyer price. That said they are supposed to have hassle free documentation, though I don't have a first hand experience.
Old 22nd December 2017, 23:55   #12498
BHPian

I have a self driven Toyota Innova June 2005 model G2 model having covered 1.18 lakh kilometres an 8 seater model with bench seats. It has an aftermarket DVD player with Bluetooth support and Rear Camera. New tyres done only 10,000km in 12month. 12 month old battery. AC, Power windows, Power steering, rear wash wipe and sliding 2nd row present. Road tax paid for 15 years in 2005. Silver colour car. All orignal papers present.
Full serivice history upto 1L kms present from Toyota Authorised service center. After that maintained at a local mechanic. Timing belt was changed at Toyotal Authorised service center. Non Accidental. No panel has been painted. Single Owner Car.
Reason for sale - Upgraded to Toyota Fortuner. No space to keep both cars.

I had high hopes since innova has one of the highest resale values on the market. I started with 4.5-5 lakh expectations 1.5 years ago and also posted on the team bhp classified but haven't had any offers till now. I checked the Team bhp evaluator and it still shows 5.5L to 6L when sold to an individual though am only getting offers in the range of 1.8L-2L. Due to NGT ruling in Delhi the car is now not fit to ply on delhi roads.

What should be the price I should settle for considering I am not in a hurry to sell the car and can wait for a few months to get the best price. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd December 2017, 23:57   #12499
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
I have a self driven Toyota Innova June 2005 model G2 model having covered 1.18 lakh kilometres an 8 seater model with bench seats. It has an aftermarket DVD player with Bluetooth support and Rear Camera. New tyres done only 10,000km in 12month. 12 month old battery. AC, Power windows, Power steering, rear wash wipe and sliding 2nd row present. Road tax paid for 15 years in 2005. Silver colour car. All orignal papers present.
Full serivice history upto 1L kms present from Toyota Authorised service center. After that maintained at a local mechanic. Timing belt was changed at Toyotal Authorised service center. Non Accidental. No panel has been painted. Single Owner Car.
Reason for sale - Upgraded to Toyota Fortuner. No space to keep both cars.

I had high hopes since innova has one of the highest resale values on the market. I started with 4.5-5 lakh expectations 1.5 years ago and also posted on the team bhp classified but haven't had any offers till now. I checked the Team bhp evaluator and it still shows 5.5L to 6L when sold to an individual though am only getting offers in the range of 1.8L-2L. Due to NGT ruling in Delhi the car is now not fit to ply on delhi roads.

What should be the price I should settle for considering I am not in a hurry to sell the car and can wait for a few months to get the best price. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Find a Taxi company owner and get the best offer! They would be the most interested.

Oh and welcome back!
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2017, 11:13   #12500
NKR
BHPian

Hello everyone.

I am looking for a BMW 3 series/Audi A4/Q3 or a Merc C class that is 2014-15 model single owner. I have been told that the price range (if bought from individual owners) would be from 16-19 lakhs for these vehicles. Any inputs would be welcome, also any inputs on the availabilitu of tge desired models would also be helpful.
Old 30th December 2017, 13:51   #12501
BHPian

Found a 2009 Mitsubishi Cedia, Single Owner, that's done 70,000 kms and is a Sports Variant.

Cars24 are quoting between 1,77,00 - 2,21,000 & Orange Book Value are pricing it at a maximum of 2,0,000

Now for the interesting part, the owners are asking for 4,25,000

What would be a reasonable price to quote for this..

Thanks in advance.
auxsend is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 19:09   #12502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxsend View Post
Found a 2009 Mitsubishi Cedia, Single Owner, that's done 70,000 kms and is a Sports Variant.

Cars24 are quoting between 1,77,00 - 2,21,000 & Orange Book Value are pricing it at a maximum of 2,0,000

Now for the interesting part, the owners are asking for 4,25,000

What would be a reasonable price to quote for this..

Thanks in advance.
I would advice you not to pay more than 1.75 as I have seen single owner Cedia going for as low as 1.35l having same spec.

When i was looking for one last year my mechanic and few other advice me to stay away from same as spares availability is very scares. You can get honda civic within 3l.
Old 31st December 2017, 11:24   #12503
BHPian

Reposting from another thread.
I am in the market to buy a diesel automatic car. Options I had short listed were
1. New Verna
2.Vento
3. Hexa xma (for that awesome ride quality only).
I also kept another eye on the used car market. Very difficult to find Vento DSG with individuals. Most of them are with dealers in Pune which I am avoiding. Saw a Dec 2016 Vento tdi Dsg run for about 21000kms with an individual. Final price after negotiations is 10.5 Lacs with zero dep insurance recently renewed and extended warranty bought by the previous owner. How does this reflect in comparison to
1.buying a new vento(2017 manufactured with OTR 14.85 after discounts)? What maintenance costs am I looking at for the used one? Preowned Car is in excellent condition with detailed service history.
2. New Verna diesel at otr 15.85 with no discounts.
3. New Tata xma diesel. Otr 17.15 Lacs after discount. We are only the two of us mostly but this car seems to offer the most bang for the buck. And that awesome ride quality to fight the ever so deterioting road conditions in Pune.

Last edited by Sagar.Agarwal : 31st December 2017 at 11:44. Reason: Added price
Old 31st December 2017, 11:45   #12504
BHPian

Have been contemplating a new fortuner as it suits my purpose of a suitable SUV though I'm not necessarily requiring the seven seats. Now an acquaintance is letting go of his merc ml 250 which is a 2013 model with 55k Kms done but I do know it's very well maintained and for me he's offered me a price of 30lac for it.. I'm predominantly looking for a highway cruiser with not too much of city use. Should I go for it instead of a new fortuner??
Old 31st December 2017, 11:54   #12505
Senior - BHPian

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
Have been contemplating a new fortuner as it suits my purpose of a suitable SUV though I'm not necessarily requiring the seven seats. Now an acquaintance is letting go of his merc ml 250 which is a 2013 model with 55k Kms done but I do know it's very well maintained and for me he's offered me a price of 30lac for it.. I'm predominantly looking for a highway cruiser with not too much of city use. Should I go for it instead of a new fortuner??

Honestly, with no offence meant to the TFort owners, I have never liked the ride quality on the Fortuner. There is just too much body roll. If the Merc is in good condition, bargain a bit and go for it.

Considering your usage, look at the Innova Crysta 2.8Z

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 31st December 2017 at 12:13.
Old 31st December 2017, 12:11   #12506
BHPian

Quote:
With the merc please budget atleast a lakh a year for maintenance and regular service. At 50k plus is when parts start failing outside warranty.
You will trade tashan for reliability.
Old 31st December 2017, 12:47   #12507
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now an acquaintance is letting go of his merc ml 250 which is a 2013 model with 55k Kms
No, unless you are working for a company that pays for your maintenance bills Some very expensive spare parts and labour charges. Better consider new Endeavour or continue with Fortuner. If you don't need a 7 seater, should consider buying Auto Jeep Compass as well.

Quote:
I am looking for a BMW 3 series/Audi A4/Q3 or a Merc C class that is 2014-15 model single owner.
Quote:
would be from 16-19 lakhs for these
Looks difficult, if you must go for pre-owned, try BMW dealerships.

Last edited by Turbanator : 31st December 2017 at 12:49.
Old 31st December 2017, 14:22   #12508
BHPian

Quote:
Now an acquaintance is letting go of his merc ml 250 which is a 2013 model with 55k Kms done but I do know it's very well maintained and for me he's offered me a price of 30lac for it.
Only the initial investment is comparable.
Reliability and service costs will be incomparable!
Old 1st January 2018, 12:05   #12509
BHPian

Hi Folks

Are these online valuations for used cars any good. I am looking to sell my skoda Superb 2010 TDI AT Elegance. I check multiple sites for the approximate price and the variation in the price is to huge. The prices i got are

Carwale - 6.6L to 7.18L
OBV - 8.5L to 9.07 L
Cars24 - 4.16L to 4.89L
cardekho - 5.5L
zigwheels - 5.25L to 6.28L
IndiaBluebook - 8.06L to 8.7 L

So not sure what is the value to expect. Any suggestions/advice ?
Old 2nd January 2018, 16:56   #12510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinu_joseph View Post
Hi Folks

Are these online valuations for used cars any good. I am looking to sell my skoda Superb 2010 TDI AT Elegance. I check multiple sites for the approximate price and the variation in the price is to huge. The prices i got are

Carwale - 6.6L to 7.18L
OBV - 8.5L to 9.07 L
Cars24 - 4.16L to 4.89L
cardekho - 5.5L
zigwheels - 5.25L to 6.28L
IndiaBluebook - 8.06L to 8.7 L

So not sure what is the value to expect. Any suggestions/advice ?
Carwale/ Cardekho should be same quote since both are a single entity for quite sometime now if I recall. I personally have found Indian blue book on which I think Team bhp used car valuation runs to be quite in-accurate.
I suggest below
1. Check direct listings in olx or other sites
2. Check with some used car dealers as a prospective buyer

Using the above and condition of your car, fix a price with a buffer for buyer negotiation

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks