Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2018, 16:04   #12511
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

I just sold my Skoda Superb 2010, 1.8TSi AT for Rs 2.95 lakhs. I brought the car for 8 lakhs and replaced parts worth Rs 1.3 lakh. But parts seemed to fail consistently.

AC Compressor conked off and I was quoted Rs1.2 lakhs as repair estimate. At the ASC further issues cropped and they quoted Rs 3.5 lakhs as the repair bill. Engine misfire. When the car was running well, the best quote I had was just Rs 5 lakhs while estimated repair bills @ ASC were Rs 4.7 lakhs.

I decided to cut my losses and sell it in as is condition. Sold to an individual buyer who came with 2 mechanics in tow. In a way I see the selling price as a bonus as I was prepared for total loss on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinu_joseph View Post
Hi Folks

Are these online valuations for used cars any good. I am looking to sell my skoda Superb 2010 TDI AT Elegance. I check multiple sites for the approximate price and the variation in the price is to huge. The prices i got are

So not sure what is the value to expect. Any suggestions/advice ?
from the feedback i got in Hyderabad, diesel superb of that vintage go for around 6 to 7 lakhs depending on the condition. Petrol Cars go in the range of 4 to 5 lakhs.

Car24 quotes are abysmal from what I have seen. They quote 30-40% lower. The quote I got for my car was in fully working condition is Rs 3.2 lakhs.

Last edited by indian21r : 3rd January 2018 at 16:05.
Old 9th January 2018, 22:22   #12512
BHPian

Got a major reality check today. So had registered with Indiabluebook for a price check and got a call from Mahindra first choice to see the car and check it out.

The guy came on Saturday to see the car and did a test drive. He asked how much i was expecting and i said 7-8 lakhs.

Finally they called back today with the valuation. They qouted Rs. 2.0 lakhs. I said thank you. I guess the market is pretty bad now for a second hand superb.
Old 9th January 2018, 22:30   #12513
BHPian

Quote:
Got a major reality check today. So had registered with Indiabluebook for a price check and got a call from Mahindra first choice to see the car and check it out.

The guy came on Saturday to see the car and did a test drive. He asked how much i was expecting and i said 7-8 lakhs.

Finally they called back today with the valuation. They qouted Rs. 2.0 lakhs. I said thank you. I guess the market is pretty bad now for a second hand superb.
Never go by the quote given by MFC, they are thugs and will definitely sell your car at at least double that price, selling to a private buyer is much better or at the dealership where you'd buy your next.
Old 9th January 2018, 22:48   #12514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagar.Agarwal View Post
Reposting from another thread.
I am in the market to buy a diesel automatic car. Options I had short listed were
1. New Verna
2.Vento
3. Hexa xma (for that awesome ride quality only).
I also kept another eye on the used car market. Very difficult to find Vento DSG with individuals. Most of them are with dealers in Pune which I am avoiding. Saw a Dec 2016 Vento tdi Dsg run for about 21000kms with an individual. Final price after negotiations is 10.5 Lacs with zero dep insurance recently renewed and extended warranty bought by the previous owner.
Try negotiating a bit more and go for the Hexa. It is a far, far superior product to the Verna. The Vento has been in the market for many years and there are better options available. The biggest problem with Hyundai products is the back breaking ride quality. Our Xcent is worse than the Nano twist in this regard. You will get feel that if you drive long distances. I have not experienced the new Verna, but I have been in the previous generation Verna and the ride is not comparable to the Hexa. Although the price is similar, the Hexa is a far more complete product than the Verna. The only thing against the Hexa might be the size.

Last edited by Nissan1180 : 9th January 2018 at 22:54. Reason: Added lines.
Nissan1180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 14:04   #12515
BHPian

My father-in-law is planning to buy a used car. One of the cars he has seen is 2004 Santro. However, he is worried about the car registration not being renewed after 20 years.

Request inputs on what are the rules for old car re-registration and if there is a restriction on how many times it can be re-registered (I am told that the car can be registered with a validity of 5 years after it is 15 year old.)
Old 10th January 2018, 14:10   #12516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
My father-in-law is planning to buy a used car. One of the cars he has seen is 2004 Santro. However, he is worried about the car registration not being renewed after 20 years.

Request inputs on what are the rules for old car re-registration and if there is a restriction on how many times it can be re-registered (I am told that the car can be registered with a validity of 5 years after it is 15 year old.)
A 2004 year Santro would be 14 years old as of now right? There is still time to assess the fitness. After 15 years, the car needs to be fitness tested by RTO after which 5 years of extension would be provided. I'm not sure if it is called re-register as the number would remain same.

Last edited by Turbopetrol : 10th January 2018 at 14:13.
Old 10th January 2018, 14:34   #12517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopetrol View Post
A 2004 year Santro would be 14 years old as of now right? There is still time to assess the fitness. After 15 years, the car needs to be fitness tested by RTO after which 5 years of extension would be provided. I'm not sure if it is called re-register as the number would remain same.
Thanks for the quick response. Will we be able to get it re-registered once it completes 20 years? Basically, the question is how many extensions are allowed as per RTO rules?
Old 10th January 2018, 14:47   #12518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Thanks for the quick response. Will we be able to get it re-registered once it completes 20 years? Basically, the question is how many extensions are allowed as per RTO rules?
As per my understanding, every 5 years the fitness test must be repeated. There is no cap on the number of times unless the test fails. I found the Jharkhand MV department website which mentioned :

Quote:
"How long the Fitness Certificate Valid

In case of Private Vehicles the fitness certificates is valid for 15 years and thereafter for every 5 years."

http://jhtransport.gov.in/vehicle-fitness.html
Turbopetrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 15:13   #12519
BHPian

Quote:
As per my understanding, every 5 years the fitness test must be repeated. There is no cap on the number of times unless the test fails. I found the Jharkhand MV department website which mentioned :
You are right. After 15 years the transport dept will certify the car for fitness and this process has to be repeated every 5 year from then. In my case my Contessa now is 23 years old and I have a second card from the Bangalore RTO with new registration validity date.

My car is in mint condition and I am expecting to get the fitness certificate for next many years. However, I was surprised that the inspector does not even bother to inspect the vehicle properly if the they are really road worthy. All that they saw was the car came to the RTO office by itself (Not towed) and made a note of engine number and chassis number. I saw many LCVs with horrible tires and significant rust all over which could be a threat to road traffic easily passed the fitness test .

Here is the registration car I got after second fitness check.
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-rc.jpg

-UB
UB_007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 15:16   #12520
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. This seems pretty clear. I will inform my FIL accordingly.
Old 10th January 2018, 23:44   #12521
BHPian

As far as Skoda is concern, they fetch a horrible resale value. My neighbour had a 2012 diesel skoda laura company maintained and with service records. He sold his Laura during diwali days and could fetch only 3 lakhs.
Moreover dealer who has bought his car is not been able to move it till now, i can still see car being listed and regularly updated on olx.
Old 11th January 2018, 09:01   #12522
BHPian

Quote:
If you are not in Hurry List it on Olx etc and see the response. From what I have gathered most of the Superb's go between Rs 4 to 6 Lakhs depending on variant / condition
Old 11th January 2018, 09:34   #12523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
I just sold my Skoda Superb 2010, 1.8TSi AT for Rs 2.95 lakhs. I brought the car for 8 lakhs and replaced parts worth Rs 1.3 lakh. But parts seemed to fail consistently. .
Someone I know got a 1.8 TSi superb in Chennai at 6.75 lakhs. Done 46k kms. 2010 model - same as yours. By the price you got, looks like he paid more.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 13:41   #12524
BHPian

Today I said goodbye to my i20 Sportz D (2010 model). The vehicle had done 71,000 KM and was serving me well. But the itch of getting a new car got the better of me. I didn't think it was possible, but I felt that lump in my throat and a sense of sadness I probably won't be able to express in words as me and my car parted ways.

I was the second owner of the car, having bought it in July 2015 from a friend, at around 43,000 KM. I got a pretty decent value for the car, 2.95 L. I tried the conventional methods of selling as well. Cars24 was a disaster. The value they quoted me was 2.2 L !! I would suggest people to use Cars24 only if you want to settle the deal ASAP. They usually lowball you as much as possible (they did call me in a couple of days offering 2.5 L, which I politely declined).

I tried getting a good exchange value from Ford, as I was interested in buying the new Ecosport Titanium+ diesel. But the best they offered me was 2.5 L. They were not even willing to give me an exchange bonus, since Ecosport is newly launched. Finally found a private buyer, and sealed the deal today. And yeah, my car (ex-car) was a KA registered car, and I sold it in Telangana. The buyer wanted to use it in KA only.

Brings me to my question, between Ecosport 1.5D Titanium+ and Verna 1.6D SX(O), which one should I go for? I am looking to book the car in the next couple of days and need to make a decision quickly. I like Ecosport as a package, but with the recent price hike, it has come dangerously closer to the executive sedans. The Titanium+ costs 13.30 L in Hyderabad, and the Verna 1.6D SX(O) is costing me a good 15.10 L. I am very confused about the one I should go for. Suggestions please?
Old 11th January 2018, 14:53   #12525
Distinguished - BHPian

Sold our 2012 Laura DSG L&K TDi for 5.75L recently - the engine was in very good shape, but the car required around 1 - 1.25L worth of work (brakes, service, suspension retorque, body work, battery etc.).
Vehicle had covered 75Kkm at the time.
lamborghini is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks