BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik897 View Post
Hi,
Sorry to have missed out on that, its Alpha (1.2lt),manual, petrol
thanks
abhishek
Dealers will offer you anything between 4.85 to 5.00 or even lesser than this and if u tell them that ur going abroad i.e basically if they knew your in hurry then they will try to take advantage of this.

You can try to sell to an individual list car anything between 6.00 to 6.20 and try to close the deal between 5.25 to 5.75 depending upon buyer and ur urgency to sell as market is very slow now.

I myself looking to upgrade from Wagon R to I20/Swift/Baleno. Mine is June 2015 car and its been a month now with no luck. Dealers and showroom people are quoting ridiculous prices on pretext of slow used car market and increased petrol prices.
all the best for ur journey in abroad.
sankdeshmukh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2018, 12:57   #12557
BHPian

Hi,
thanks for the revert. The car is immaculately maintained and my ask price is between 6-6.2 lakhs. Although I am moving abroad, I am in no hurry to sell,given I will not be selling at a deep discount.Second hand dealers as expected quote ridiculous prices.
Given my attachment with the car (and the beauty and the beast it is)and that I have taken so much care of it and absolute pride in riding it, actually I dont want to sell it.
So if I get a buyer at my price, will sell.
thanks
abhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankdeshmukh View Post
Dealers will offer you anything between 4.85 to 5.00 or even lesser than this and if u tell them that ur going abroad i.e basically if they knew your in hurry then they will try to take advantage of this.

You can try to sell to an individual list car anything between 6.00 to 6.20 and try to close the deal between 5.25 to 5.75 depending upon buyer and ur urgency to sell as market is very slow now.

I myself looking to upgrade from Wagon R to I20/Swift/Baleno. Mine is June 2015 car and its been a month now with no luck. Dealers and showroom people are quoting ridiculous prices on pretext of slow used car market and increased petrol prices.
all the best for ur journey in abroad.
Old 26th January 2018, 13:50   #12558
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
thanks for the revert. The car is immaculately maintained and my ask price is between 6-6.2 lakhs. Although I am moving abroad, I am in no hurry to sell,given I will not be selling at a deep discount.Second hand dealers as expected quote ridiculous prices.
Given my attachment with the car (and the beauty and the beast it is)and that I have taken so much care of it and absolute pride in riding it, actually I dont want to sell it.
So if I get a buyer at my price, will sell.
thanks
abhishek
Yeah can understand, I have been in same boat around 5 yrs back and sold my Baleno (old one) after 2 months of wait just to get my desired price as i have got SX4 then. Now due to my job change SX4 is with me in Pune and family is using WagonR here in Mumbai.

Before leaving for abroad if you didn't manage to sell your baleno & no one in your family intends to use it you can have battery disconnected both pole and lower air pressure in all four tyres to say 20 psi.

Upon your return have a car towed to nearest ASS and have all fluid flushed and refilled with fresh one. By doing so you can have her back to life.
Old 26th January 2018, 14:04   #12559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can try to sell to an individual list car anything between 6.00 to 6.20 and try to close the deal between 5.25 to 5.75...

I myself looking to upgrade from Wagon R to I20/Swift/Baleno...
Quote:
Hi,...my ask price is between 6-6.2 lakhs...
Sorry to butt in on a discussion where my contribution might be uncalled for. But why don't you guys put two and two together and help find a new home to the Blue Beast (or beauty?). Sales talk isn't allowed on the forum; hence, you can connect over PM and God willing, the car can move from one Bhpian's home to the other .
Old 26th January 2018, 14:25   #12560
BHPian

Thanks for the advice. Very helpful certainly.

Quote:
Yeah can understand, I have been in same boat around 5 yrs back and sold my Baleno (old one) after 2 months of wait just to get my desired price as i have got SX4 then. Now due to my job change SX4 is with me in Pune and family is using WagonR here in Mumbai.

Before leaving for abroad if you didn't manage to sell your baleno & no one in your family intends to use it you can have battery disconnected both pole and lower air pressure in all four tyres to say 20 psi.

Upon your return have a car towed to nearest ASS and have all fluid flushed and refilled with fresh one. By doing so you can have her back to life.

I have already posted an ad on the team bhp classifieds section. Would be really happy to pass on my beast to a fellow bhpian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Sorry to butt in on a discussion where my contribution might be uncalled for. But why don't you guys put two and two together and help find a new home to the Blue Beast (or beauty?). Sales talk isn't allowed on the forum; hence, you can connect over PM and God willing, the car can move from one Bhpian's home to the other .
abhik897 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2018, 17:08   #12561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Quote:
Thanks for the advice. Very helpful certainly.

I have already posted an ad on the team bhp classifieds section. Would be really happy to pass on my beast to a fellow bhpian

Its indeed a good idea, can do that only when i manage to sell off my wagon r then only i will have clear picture of funds in hand and my affordability as to pre-owned one.
As pre-owned loans are way costlier as compared to new one i will have to shell out whole price out of my own equity.
sankdeshmukh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2018, 18:13   #12562
BHPian

I have got hold of BMW X1 - sDrive 20d sport line from KUN Hyundai. The car has run 10,000 kms and was purchased in May 2016. I will have 1 additional year of warranty from BMW on this purchase and insurance is soon expiring. What can be an ideal ask from me to close this deal?
Old 7th February 2018, 16:50   #12563
BHPian

Looking at the SKODA YETI, AMBITION 4 X 2, Single owner, 2013 MODEL that's clocked about 85, 000 kms. Wondering what would be a good price to ask for the same. As usual the prices being displayed thru OBV and Cars24 range from about 5.5 - 6.5L and the asking price thru the dealer is about 8L.

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.
Old 7th February 2018, 21:17   #12564
BHPian

Yeti had sold in india in very small nos. and also maintenance and upkeep of any Skoda is pretty heavy on pocket plus Yeti is out of production now and hence command very poor resale value.
Just a recent example my neighbour and his colleague sold their well maintained (read ass maintained) skoda laura 2012 make around 65k on odo, 4 new tyres and spotless condition cars for 3lac each. When i casually told him that i would have happily paid more than 3 lac to own such a well maintained laura he told me clearly "i wouldn't have sold you same even at double price, as maintenance of same is too high & since it was company provided and maintained car it didn't burnt hole in my pocket"

Just an fyi when he did an online evaluation it was showning hime around 7 to 7.5l valuation but he was receiving quotes ranging from 2.5 to 3.00l, finally after two months of long wait both sold vehicles to dealer for 3.00l

Hope this will help you to evaluate your decision of buying yeti and fair price that u can quote for same.
sankdeshmukh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 10:15   #12565
BHPian

Quote:
Yeti had sold in india in very small nos. and also maintenance and upkeep of any Skoda is pretty heavy on pocket plus Yeti is out of production now and hence command very poor resale value.
Just a recent example my neighbour and his colleague sold their well maintained (read ass maintained) skoda laura 2012 make around 65k on odo, 4 new tyres and spotless condition cars for 3lac each. When i casually told him that i would have happily paid more than 3 lac to own such a well maintained laura he told me clearly "i wouldn't have sold you same even at double price, as maintenance of same is too high & since it was company provided and maintained car it didn't burnt hole in my pocket"

Just an fyi when he did an online evaluation it was showning hime around 7 to 7.5l valuation but he was receiving quotes ranging from 2.5 to 3.00l, finally after two months of long wait both sold vehicles to dealer for 3.00l

Hope this will help you to evaluate your decision of buying yeti and fair price that u can quote for same.
Many thanks for the informative post. I see what you mean with the Laura's & their current pricing scenario. Strangely, with the Yeti's, the asking price is still way higher than the prices quoted by say OBV & Cars24. All this of course bearing in mind, the limited pieces on offer in the Madras market. The scene might be different in other metros.

Would servicing and maintaining these in a non - Skoda Authorized center save one on a potentially heavy bill? Or does it more or less amount to the same.

Made for a great drive the last time i got behind the wheel of a Yeti. The high cost of maintenance issue seems to be the bane a lot of the older cars, now in small numbers such as the Yeti, Cedia, etc.
Old 8th February 2018, 10:47   #12566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxsend View Post
Many thanks for the informative post. I see what you mean with the Laura's & their current pricing scenario. Strangely, with the Yeti's, the asking price is still way higher than the prices quoted by say OBV & Cars24. All this of course bearing in mind, the limited pieces on offer in the Madras market. The scene might be different in other metros.

Would servicing and maintaining these in a non - Skoda Authorized center save one on a potentially heavy bill? Or does it more or less amount to the same.

Made for a great drive the last time i got behind the wheel of a Yeti. The high cost of maintenance issue seems to be the bane a lot of the older cars, now in small numbers such as the Yeti, Cedia, etc.
A fng owner who is also an automobile engineer here have told me procuring skoda parts locally is quite a task for them here in mumbai and ordering an exact match is another challenge. According to him out of production hondas are better bet in terms of service and spares thand skodas.
Just to begin ur search regarding spares their availability and prices do have word with ur trusted mechanic and any spare parts dealer in ur area. For pricing u can also check boodmo website they seems to be reasonable and also have home delivery facility abailable.

Back in 2011 i have conducted same survey except boodmo website when i was on the verge of acquiring 2006 baleno, spare parts shop owner was of great help then at that time.
Old 9th February 2018, 17:48   #12567
BHPian

All, I was looking to buy a used Polo gt tsi and while checking vehicle details on the vahan number it says something about blacklisted: under record verification. Can someone please advice what this is about?
Attached Thumbnails
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-screenshot_20180209174237293_com.android.mms.png  

Old 9th February 2018, 19:58   #12568
BHPian

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
A fng owner who is also an automobile engineer here have told me procuring skoda parts locally is quite a task for them here in mumbai and ordering an exact match is another challenge. According to him out of production hondas are better bet in terms of service and spares thand skodas.

Just to begin ur search regarding spares their availability and prices do have word with ur trusted mechanic and any spare parts dealer in ur area. For pricing u can also check boodmo website they seems to be reasonable and also have home delivery facility abailable.

Back in 2011 i have conducted same survey except boodmo website when i was on the verge of acquiring 2006 baleno, spare parts shop owner was of great help then at that time.

I have posted an address for the FnG shop in Jogeshwari called FK Motors.They seem to stock possibly everything. However I cannot comment on the consumables.
Old 12th February 2018, 13:27   #12569
BHPian

Guys looking to sell my Laura L&K 2009 Manual Transmission, done 72,000 kms

It is well maintained, changed the AC Compressor, Disk brakes - complete set, timing belt, roof lining, clutch assembly.

What should be a reasonable price, currently be offered around 3L from Toyota
Old 12th February 2018, 19:24   #12570
BHPian

Looking forward to selling my Chevrolet Captiva LT 2009 black colour done 35500kms, recently serviced and all stock with near scratchless exteriors, Delhi registration, what would be the price I should expect?

Most Viewed