Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2018, 19:36   #12571
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Looking forward to selling my Chevrolet Captiva LT 2009 black colour done 35500kms, recently serviced and all stock with near scratchless exteriors, Delhi registration, what would be the price I should expect?
Next to nothing for a lovely car given GM's exit from India. The car is very lightly used so keep it with you and use it for many more years, it will serve you well.
Old 12th February 2018, 19:39   #12572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Next to nothing for a lovely car given GM's exit from India. The car is very lightly used so keep it with you and use it for many more years, it will serve you well.
Well, my family doesn't use a manual car anymore with 4 more automatics for company plus we don't really need this car that would find more use in another household and we can add another beater in its place.
Old 12th February 2018, 19:39   #12573
BANNED

Quote:
Looking forward to selling my Chevrolet Captiva LT 2009 black colour done 35500kms, recently serviced and all stock with near scratchless exteriors, Delhi registration, what would be the price I should expect?
If you are the 1st Owner, you can expect 3.5-4L for states beyond the NCR, with this 10 year rule coming in, it has a shelf life of 1.5 Years in the NCR.

PS: 36K in 9 years, I hope it is not a Typo.
Old 12th February 2018, 19:42   #12574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
If you are the 1st Owner, you can expect 3.5-4L for states beyond the NCR, with this 10 year rule coming in, it has a shelf life of 1.5 Years in the NCR.

PS: 36K in 9 years, I hope it is not a Typo.
Not a typo at all, in fact I'm having a hard time explaining this to people.My less than 2 years old polo is at the same mileage, I sold off my Ritz at 78k Kms bought in 2011 in 2016.So yes, this car is just sparingly used and more so, I have every possible service record that a new buyer needs, car still feels fresh, will take the classifieds route.
Old 12th February 2018, 20:01   #12575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, my family doesn't use a manual car anymore with 4 more automatics for company plus we don't really need this car that would find more use in another household and we can add another beater in its place.
If all you want to replace it with is a beater, why not keep the car rather than replace it with an inferior model of beater? Automatic or manual doesn't matter as much for such rare / occasional use as you will put it to. For example take it onto highway drives, as it is a very stable and comfortable car for that, and there isn't much need to frequently change gears on a highway.
Old 12th February 2018, 20:31   #12576
BHPian

Quote:
If all you want to replace it with is a beater, why not keep the car rather than replace it with an inferior model of beater? Automatic or manual doesn't matter as much for such rare / occasional use as you will put it to. For example take it onto highway drives, as it is a very stable and comfortable car for that, and there isn't much need to frequently change gears on a highway.
For highways, I have an Audi A4 which is much superior with respect to stability, though I completely get your point but thing is I need a small car instead of this for slotting into gaps which this car can hardly do.
It was bought as a 7 seater but since we usually​ travel in 2 cars, so that advantage is also negated.
Old 13th February 2018, 05:28   #12577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I completely get your point but thing is I need a small car instead of this for slotting into gaps which this car can hardly do.
A Figo maybe - or a Polo GT TSI if you want a car that has the sort of sorted ride and feature set that you’ll expect.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 02:04   #12578
BHPian

Was looking for an AT within 4 lakhs, as i will be moving back to Bangalore in the next 2 months and want a car to move around in city for dropping kid to school and other errands. I looked at a few ads (cardekho, olx, quikr) and see a few Civics within 50-80K kms on them going between 3 to 4 lakhs. I drive one here and have had no problems even with 100K miles on it. Don't know how bad the traffic situation is in Bangalore right now as its been 5 years since i drove there. (Had my beloved Baleno then). Civic might end up being a pain to drive in Bangalore traffic so looking for more practical options. And moreover i don't have a visibility of more than a year i.e. I might have to move back for another opportunity, so the easier to dispose, the better.

How much would a Astar Vxi AT from 2011 run 30000 kms worth in Bangalore?
Old 15th February 2018, 04:41   #12579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhu_Bengaluru View Post
How much would a Astar Vxi AT from 2011 run 30000 kms worth in Bangalore?
When I was looking for an AT a year ago, I had these in mind: astar, i10 and a city.
The I10 is the easiest to get - 7 out of 10 ATs sold in the used car market are i10s. But it has the famed fuel efficiency problem.
Astar is a very practical car and a 2011 car should be in the range of 2 to 2.5L in my opinion.
But finally I ended up buying a 2005 City for around 3L and very satisfied with it.

In my opinion a 2006/7/8 vintage honda city done say less than 70k kms is a better option if you can find it. Please do look for original owners selling the car else the odometer reading may or may not be genuine.
deep_bang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 06:13   #12580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
In my opinion a 2006/7/8 vintage honda city done say less than 70k kms is a better option if you can find it. Please do look for original owners selling the car else the odometer reading may or may not be genuine.
Thanks for the suggestion. Looks like there were not many samples of City AT sold at that time in Bangalore or may be the owners are too happy and not ready to part their cars , very few listed online and most are by dealers. I will continue my search for 1 more month and see how it goes.

Last edited by Madhu_Bengaluru : 15th February 2018 at 06:21. Reason: added more details
Old 15th February 2018, 10:13   #12581
BHPian

Quote:
A Figo maybe - or a Polo GT TSI if you want a car that has the sort of sorted ride and feature set that you’ll expect.
Already driving a Polo GT Tsi, even though i love it, still hard to buy it twice and at the prices at which it is selling as new today.
Figo yes, definitely remains a good contendor though i feel its quality is really inferior and it still doesn't seem as fast as told to me.
Wr-v makes sense to me or a brezza if buying a manual car.
Old 15th February 2018, 10:31   #12582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Already driving a Polo GT Tsi, even though i love it, still hard to buy it twice and at the prices at which it is selling as new today.
Figo yes, definitely remains a good contendor though i feel its quality is really inferior and it still doesn't seem as fast as told to me.
Wr-v makes sense to me or a brezza if buying a manual car.
You said you wanted a smaller car that would be easy to park in the city.

Several are automatically ruled out that way. If you have any sort of larger budget I'd suggest a Merc A class or maybe a Mini countryman.
Old 15th February 2018, 10:33   #12583
BHPian

Quote:
You said you wanted a smaller car that would be easy to park in the city.

Several are automatically ruled out that way. If you have any sort of larger budget I'd suggest a Merc A class or maybe a Mini countryman.
No no, on a strict budget of 10 Lacs ex showroom.All the ones I listed are small and way easier to park than the captiva, parking the mini anywhere would be a real fuss anyway.
Old 15th February 2018, 12:43   #12584
BANNED

My brother is looking used Ecosports titanium diesel 2014/15 model.
We have cheeked few sites and shortlisted 2014 /40K run white color.What is the best price for this model?
Final offer we are getting 7L.But as per OBV, price is between 6.4 to 6.7L.
Old 15th February 2018, 13:06   #12585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Just to try it out, I randomly picked a car from a listing in olx by a dealer which was quoted as 68k kms, I first called the service center to check on the last service done and was to know that the service was done in January 2017 with odo of 1.05 lakh kms. I so much miss the KBB vehicle report that we get here. Though even that report may be flawed but will definitely help to quickly identify such glaring things.

Most Viewed