Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2018, 11:50   #12631
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Folks, I'm selling my 2012 Global Fiesta 1.5D Titanium+. Prices quoted by dealers are in the ballpark of 3L. It's a single owner with live insurance upto Dec' 18 and yearly service has just been completed. What do you guys think will be a good price for this vehicle?
Old 19th March 2018, 12:17   #12632
GT3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
Folks, I'm selling my 2012 Global Fiesta 1.5D Titanium+. Prices quoted by dealers are in the ballpark of 3L. It's a single owner with live insurance upto Dec' 18 and yearly service has just been completed. What do you guys think will be a good price for this vehicle?
How much has your vehicle run? This should give you a basic idea of the market price for your vehicle, though it was sold 2 years ago.

Last edited by GT3 : 19th March 2018 at 12:19.
Old 19th March 2018, 17:19   #12633
BHPian

What would be the fair value for a 2015 Etios Cross V (1.5 Petrol) run 20K, in Bengaluru location ? I am considering Etios Cross V for the 1.5 engine's low and mid RPM performance and good ride quality, which are lacking in my 2011 Ritz VXi.
anthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 17:48   #12634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthusiast View Post
What would be the fair value for a 2015 Etios Cross V (1.5 Petrol) run 20K, in Bengaluru location ? I am considering Etios Cross V for the 1.5 engine's low and mid RPM performance and good ride quality, which are lacking in my 2011 Ritz VXi.

Anywhere between 5,00,000 to 5,30,000 would be a fair price for a 2015 Etios Cross.
Prathiiik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 17:55   #12635
BHPian

Just sharing a deal I recently came across:

A friend of mine recently sold his Civic - 2010 model, Manual, Single owner, 40k km on the odo for 4 lakh in Kerala.
Old 19th March 2018, 18:03   #12636
BHPian

Guys what should be the ideal price one should expect for a October, 2014 registered 27k run Audi A3, Attraction Variant, 35TDI.
Old 19th March 2018, 18:28   #12637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtandon View Post
Guys what should be the ideal price one should expect for a October, 2014 registered 27k run Audi A3, Attraction Variant, 35TDI.

15 lakhs would be the ideal price for a 2014 Audi A3 35 TDI Attraction.
Old 19th March 2018, 18:32   #12638
BHPian

Getting quotes of about 11 lakhs as it is a discontinued model
Old 19th March 2018, 18:54   #12639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtandon View Post
Getting quotes of about 11 lakhs as it is a discontinued model

Discontinued? The A3 is still in Audi’s lineup!

Or do you mean to say that this is a pre facelift model?

Anyways, I suggest you go ahead with the purchase, 11 lakhs for an A3 is a steal!

Last edited by Prathiiik : 19th March 2018 at 19:05.
Old 19th March 2018, 20:17   #12640
BHPian

I want to purchase a used car below 2lakh for my grand-father. It was be used sparingly and only for city runs. Can extend the budget a bit if a great deal is found.

He would prefer a hatchback, but won't mind a sedan also. Which cars should I be looking for?
And which medium should I prefer? Olx, TrueValue or sites like CarDekho/Wale/Trade?

Thanks.
Old 19th March 2018, 21:32   #12641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansal.sushant View Post
I want to purchase a used car below 2lakh for my grand-father. It was be used sparingly and only for city runs. Can extend the budget a bit if a great deal is found.

He would prefer a hatchback, but won't mind a sedan also. Which cars should I be looking for?
And which medium should I prefer? Olx, TrueValue or sites like CarDekho/Wale/Trade?

Thanks.
Hi sir, this particular budget has a lot of cars falling in. Starting off with the most favourite one on our forum, The Honda Civic. I've seen a few 2010 Civic's going in for as low as ~ 2.5 to 2.8 Lacs. The only issue with the car is the ground clearance. If the car is driven alone for most of the time, then no issues. A great car which is still up with today's age and date.

If the ground clearance is your problem, then get yourself a used Fiat Punto or a Linea. The ground clearance is updated by a lot of owners and it's not hard to find with a car with upgraded GC. If the GC isn't upgraded, then put in about ~ 10k on the GC Kit and enjoy crossover like GC. They are loaded with features which can still put some higher end cars to shame. The service network isn't its strongest points, but there's this website called 99rpm, where you'd get genuine spares and you can get it serviced at your FNG. Or else, if you're based in Mumbai, there's this part Dealer by name Kava Automobiles who's based in Opera house. You can get OEM Spares at a great price.

If the FIAT's too don't work, then there is this i10 AT with safety features which can be bought at a steal. Plus the convenience of an AT is an added bonus for your grandpa.

There are simply many options in these range. I can keep talking about them overnight. So keep looking for cars from all the brand's within this budget. Never restrict yourself to a single car if the car is not prioritised. Trust me looking for options works. I've had a lot of experiences like these.

All the best with your purchase,
Varun
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 22:03   #12642
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks.
Since you are from Delhi, you will get lots of good cars in your budget, the used car prices in Delhi are on the lower side. As you are buying a car for your Grandfather, I would suggest buying a tallboy hatchback as getting in & out of the low slung cars is not easy for the elderly.

I would advice you to look for cars like the Ritz, i10 or even cars like the previous generation WagonR or Santro. All of these cars can be had in your budget. Whatever car you buy, I would suggest you to buy a car with full service history & preferably with a odometer reading of less than 60k km. As for where to buy from, you would get the highest range of cars on OLX.

Last edited by chiranjitp : 19th March 2018 at 22:15.
Old 20th March 2018, 01:05   #12643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
Hi sir, this particular budget has a lot of cars falling in. Starting off with the most favourite one on our forum, The Honda Civic. I've seen a few 2010 Civic's going in for as low as ~ 2.5 to 2.8 Lacs. The only issue with the car is the ground clearance. If the car is driven alone for most of the time, then no issues. A great car which is still up with today's age and date.

All the best with your purchase,
Varun
Thanks Varun. GC is not really a problem, the only thing is that he's an elderly person and won't be able to go for constant repairs, so the most important aspect is reliability!

What do you suggest keeping that in mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
I would advice you to look for cars like the Ritz, i10 or even cars like the previous generation WagonR or Santro. All of these cars can be had in your budget. Whatever car you buy, I would suggest you to buy a car with full service history & preferably with a odometer reading of less than 60k km. As for where to buy from, you would get the highest range of cars on OLX.
I was myself consider Ritz as the most appropriate choice. Low slung cars are not an issue, the most important consideration is Reliability!
I know OLX has the largest variety at the lowest cost, but as far as I know, it has the most risk and requires much greater precaution and due diligence. Since the car is required soon and there is not a lot of time for checking out various cars, and we are willing to pay a little extra for that extra satisfaction, will TrueValue be the best choice, or will CarDekho/Wale/Trade also be legit option? Are OLX cars reliable?
bansal.sushant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 01:12   #12644
BHPian

Quote:
I was myself consider Ritz as the most appropriate choice. Low slung cars are not an issue, the most important consideration is Reliability!
I know OLX has the largest variety at the lowest cost, but as far as I know, it has the most risk and requires much greater precaution and due diligence. Since the car is required soon and there is not a lot of time for checking out various cars, and we are willing to pay a little extra for that extra satisfaction, will TrueValue be the best choice, or will CarDekho/Wale/Trade also be legit option? Are OLX cars reliable?
Till very recently I too was in the market for a sub-2 lakh hatchback. After much deliberation between Swift, i10 and Ritz amidst other options such as SX4, etc. I finally narrowed down on the Ritz. It's an excellent VFM car. You should easily be able to get a 2011 Vxi model in your budget. Extend it by 10k more and you might get a 2012 model too. It's a well built car with a good tall boy design that aids older people. It's more spacious than it's brethren, Swift and has a larger boot too. You'll probably get a 2009-10 Swift in a 2L budget. Do check out my thread that I had posted for a 2L hatchback for more views of fellow members - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...2-5-lakhs.html

All in all, I'd say go for the Ritz without thinking twice.

I've curated a list of cars on OLX that I can forward to you if you'd like. Quikr Cars is also a good option. I found quite a few options there too. While OLX has the most ads, the issue is that owners or dealers post the car's price very high. There is a particular Khanna Motors in Karol Bagh that seems to have a large repository of reasonably priced preowned cars. You can see their listings on Quikr Cars. They charge a commission of Rs.3,000 if the the purchase price is less than 2L and 3% if it's more.

I have dropped my plans of a purchase in the near future but it'd be great to hear about what deal you strike since it'd give me a good benchmark for the future.

Last edited by sibot : 20th March 2018 at 01:16.
Old 20th March 2018, 02:07   #12645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
Till very recently I too was in the market for a sub-2 lakh hatchback. I finally narrowed down on the Ritz.
I've curated a list of cars on OLX that I can forward to you if you'd like. Quikr Cars is also a good option. I found quite a few options there too. While OLX has the most ads, the issue is that owners or dealers post the car's price very high. There is a particular Khanna Motors in Karol Bagh that seems to have a large repository of reasonably priced preowned cars.
Thanks for your valuable advice. I had gone through your complete thread before posting this query, which had further increased my confidence on the Ritz.

The only difference is that I'm also open to a sedan, which made me post this question.

I talked to Khanna Motors when I was searching for a car for someone else, thanks for reminding, will call them up tomorrow itself.

It would be great if you could share the list, will inbox you my email id.

Last edited by bansal.sushant : 20th March 2018 at 02:08. Reason: Typo

Most Viewed