Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2018, 17:41   #12916
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadGlide View Post
Hi all,

I am looking for a 2015 onwards Chevy Cruze LTZ Auto, primarily due to the fact my daily commute has increased to almost 100 kms a day and a manual is tiring. What would be a good price for this year made cars and if anyone knows any for sale, do ping me.

P.S: Kms should be under 35k kms.
Even if you get a lightly used car, it is a great car but a discontinued model where GM has additionally exited India. You should be able to get it for a bargain but you'll wind up sourcing parts from all kinds of places.
Old 4th September 2018, 17:53   #12917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Even if you get a lightly used car, it is a great car but a discontinued model where GM has additionally exited India. You should be able to get it for a bargain but you'll wind up sourcing parts from all kinds of places.
Parts are not an issue here in Delhi NCR. I do have a lot of friends who have the Cruze currently.
Old 4th September 2018, 18:10   #12918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadGlide View Post
Parts are not an issue here in Delhi NCR. I do have a lot of friends who have the Cruze currently.
Very well then, buy it at a knockdown bargain price and enjoy it. It is a fun car.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 23:03   #12919
BHPian

Asking on behalf of a colleague who wishes to sell his Hyundai Grand i10 Asta 1.2, details as follows:

Regn: HR05
Year: Dec, 2014
Color: White
Owner: 1st
Condition: Very Good
Mileage: ~34.5k Kms

What should be the minimum acceptable value?
Old 15th September 2018, 13:26   #12920
BHPian

Mitron!

I need an advise from the experts here! Am about to finalize a deal for a pre-owned, extremely low mileage, top end Maruti car through a dealer. Although the car looks flawless and very clean, I checked with a Maruti A.S.S about its service history. Got to know that it doesn't have any mechanical issues but windshield and one fender has been replaced in insurance few months back. The dealer obviously didn't share this piece of information. I wanted to get some opinions/advice as to how much does this affect the resale value? The car otherwise is in a fine shape, sparingly used as the owner has multiple cars, top variant, 2016 model.

Please advice

Thanks in advance!
Old 15th September 2018, 14:46   #12921
Senior - BHPian

So it's been in a head on collision.

If it has been repaired well and drives in a straight line - fine. But knock down the price further as it is an accident vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagzie View Post
Mitron!

I need an advise from the experts here! Am about to finalize a deal for a pre-owned, extremely low mileage, top end Maruti car through a dealer. Although the car looks flawless and very clean, I checked with a Maruti A.S.S about its service history. Got to know that it doesn't have any mechanical issues but windshield and one fender has been replaced in insurance few months back. The dealer obviously didn't share this piece of information. I wanted to get some opinions/advice as to how much does this affect the resale value? The car otherwise is in a fine shape, sparingly used as the owner has multiple cars, top variant, 2016 model.

Please advice

Thanks in advance!
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2018, 17:42   #12922
BHPian

How easy is it to source spares for the Kizashi currently? Couple of units of the same circulating among the dealers. Great looking car.
Old 15th September 2018, 18:35   #12923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
Asking on behalf of a colleague who wishes to sell his Hyundai Grand i10 Asta 1.2, details as follows. What should be the minimum acceptable value?
Earlier this year, a friend sold his 2015 Grand i10 for Rs. 3.5 lakhs to a direct buyer. Car was Magna petrol, around 55k run, and not in a very good condition. Apart from several immediate expenses, its clutch also needed an overhaul.

Trust me, demand for Grand i10 is quite low. He had to wait for 4-5 months before finding a buyer. Since yours is a 2014 Asta in better condition, Rs. 4 lakhs would be considered very good deal (for the seller of course).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagzie View Post
Mitron!
Thanks in advance!
It will affect the price but not by much. The cause of accident and amount of damage is all that matters. You should not consider an insurance claim to be a downer if rest of the car is in good shape.

Find out more details of what all was replaced under insurance. If it does not involve the bumper, side mirrors, lights or anything under the hood then safe to assume that accident would have been very minor. Total bill for that accident would also bring some clarity.

But Mitr, you didn't tell which car you are looking at.

Last edited by self_driven : 15th September 2018 at 18:37.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2018, 19:48   #12924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Earlier this year, a friend sold his 2015 Grand i10 for Rs. 3.5 lakhs to a direct buyer.
It's a S-Cross 1.6, 2016 Alpha variant

Last edited by ampere : 15th September 2018 at 21:04. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Gagzie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2018, 22:22   #12925
BHPian

Need an opinion from the BMW fanatics here. I own a Nov 2015 Bmw 320D F30 (Prestige variant). Delhi registration and has done about 17,000 kms. What would be the appropriate price I can get in today's market?

Last edited by rahul_jo : 15th September 2018 at 22:27.
Old 16th September 2018, 00:46   #12926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
Asking on behalf of a colleague who wishes to sell his Hyundai Grand i10 Asta 1.2, details as follows:

Regn: HR05
Year: Dec, 2014
Color: White
Owner: 1st
Condition: Very Good
Mileage: ~34.5k Kms

What should be the minimum acceptable value?
Around march 2015, we bought a 9month old ( May/june 2014) Grand i10 Asta with just 6000 kms on odo, in showroom condition and plastic covering on seats for 4.2 lakhs.

Last edited by car-dent : 16th September 2018 at 00:50.
Old 16th September 2018, 01:24   #12927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post
Around march 2015, we bought ... for 4.2 lakhs.
That's a ridiculously low price for a 9 month old car. New one would have costed around Rs. 6.5 lakhs if I'm not wrong. How did you manage such a good deal?
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 07:12   #12928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
That's a ridiculously low price for a 9 month old car. New one would have costed around Rs. 6.5 lakhs if I'm not wrong. How did you manage such a good deal?
A straight forward deal without any broker. We found it through some online portal. Turned out he stayed nearby and had to sell his car before relocation to another city.
car-dent is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2018, 10:52   #12929
BHPian

Hi folks,

I am thinking of buying a 7-year-old, about 87 Kms run, Skoda Fabia 1.6 L Petrol.
As I understand Skoda has discontinued Fabia and doesn't sell it anymore in India.

Assuming that the car is in decent condition (I have neither checked the car nor taken a test drive), what would be a good price to pay for this car, considering that the model has been discontinued? I have heard some good reviews about the car and also read the reviews here.

Thank you.
Old 22nd September 2018, 11:44   #12930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touringlawyer View Post
Hi folks,

I have heard some good reviews about the car and also read the reviews here.

Thank you.
I wouldn't pay anything more than 1.4 lacs knowing that it's a discontinued model and skoda service costs
Chillout is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks