Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2011, 21:14   #3496
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

What would be estimated price of a Wagon R Duo - LPG LXi in Mumbai (01) area
The car has run 29000 Kms & has all 5 tubeless bridgestones with a K&N filter
Old 22nd September 2011, 21:41   #3497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
What is the expected price for a 2008 model Swift VXI (ABS) in Bangalore?

The car is well maintained and has 25K on the odo and has brand new tyres.
4.2 to 4.5 Lakhs pa considering road tax in Karnataka.
Old 23rd September 2011, 11:03   #3498
BHPian

I am a bit confused, i bought polo petrol last year for my wife but with rising prices and increased run (about 1500kms/month) thinking of selling it and buyinh a diesel car. How much should polo comfortline (petrol) fetch. Model is 2010 done only 4000kms. Condition next to brand new.
Old 23rd September 2011, 11:05   #3499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
I've put up my Baleno up for sale (2005, Vxi, 66k on odo, well-maintained and I'm the 2nd owner). I've quoted 3L for the car and I feel it's a fair deal. Is my expectations correct? Or am I setting the expectation too high? I was kind of willing to go down to 2.85L but nothing less than that. Can someone please help me if I'm looking for a correct price? I'm little bit confused after the recent petrol price hikes as that might affect the price of petrol cars.
few months back, 2005 Balenos used to go around 2.5 Lakhs in Chennai if in good condition. Now considering the petrol price hike, resale price would have taken a hit and might command 2.2-2.3 lakhs. Bangalore price might be a little higher though.
2.85L?? A hardcore Baleno enthusiast might give you that money...Good luck hunting one
Old 23rd September 2011, 11:07   #3500
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedemon View Post
I am a bit confused, i bought polo petrol last year for my wife but with rising prices and increased run (about 1500kms/month) thinking of selling it and buyinh a diesel car. How much should polo comfortline (petrol) fetch. Model is 2010 done only 4000kms. Condition next to brand new.
Bad idea.
doesnt matter if condition is just out of the showroom.
what youll lose just wont be made up in a hurry by whatver you may gain by way of diesel savings.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...uel-hikes.html

Go here and check out the discussion.
then see if you still want to sell it off.
Old 23rd September 2011, 11:42   #3501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Bad idea.
doesnt matter if condition is just out of the showroom.
what youll lose just wont be made up in a hurry by whatver you may gain by way of diesel savings.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...uel-hikes.html

Go here and check out the discussion.
then see if you still want to sell it off.
I understand i have to shell out much more to buy Diesel hatch. But considering the price difference and higher FE diesel will give me breakeven very soon considering monthly run is over 1500kms. I normally use car for about 3-5year so when i sell it i should get better resale than a petrol car more this diesel car would be 1year younger than Polo.
Old 23rd September 2011, 12:02   #3502
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
I've put up my Baleno up for sale (2005, Vxi, 66k on odo, well-maintained and I'm the 2nd owner). I've quoted 3L for the car and I feel it's a fair deal. Is my expectations correct? Or am I setting the expectation too high? I was kind of willing to go down to 2.85L but nothing less than that. Can someone please help me if I'm looking for a correct price? I'm little bit confused after the recent petrol price hikes as that might affect the price of petrol cars.
Kaushik, 3L is a bit steep actually. You would have to wait a bit to find a customer who wants to pay that much. 2.7-2.8L seems more realistic. You're right, petrol sedans have taken a hit in the used car market recently. Wish I had the money now to buy it from you directly
I see plenty of 2005/06 balenos parked at a friend's used car place with asking prices of 3.2, 3.3L also. The balenos have been lying there rusting for months without any takers.

P.S - getting a replacement for the baleno? or are you converting the Scorpio into your regular usage vehicle?

Last edited by KarthikK : 23rd September 2011 at 12:04.
Old 23rd September 2011, 12:10   #3503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Kaushik, 3L is a bit steep actually. You would have to wait a bit to find a customer who wants to pay that much. 2.7-2.8L seems more realistic. You're right, petrol sedans have taken a hit in the used car market recently. Wish I had the money now to buy it from you directly
I see plenty of 2005/06 balenos parked at a friend's used car place with asking prices of 3.2, 3.3L also. The balenos have been lying there rusting for months without any takers.
Ohhhh, that's a bad news. As I've mentioned earlier I'm ready for around 2.85L and may be 2.8L. But anything less than that would be like giving away the car for free

Quote:
P.S - getting a replacement for the baleno? or are you converting the Scorpio into your regular usage vehicle?
No replacement for Baleno as of now. Will be using the Scorpio for regular usage(I know it's a herculean task but I'm trying to get used to it). I'll see how it goes for an year and half and then I'll decide.
kaushik_s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:08   #3504
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, how much would be fair price for a 2010 Safari that has run -6K ? (correct)
Possibly EX model (mid). Waiting for further details. It is in BLR.
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:12   #3505
BHPian

Folks,

Whats the price to pay for:

Corolla H3 (A/T)
2007 model
Black color
Completely Stock
Service records available.
Genuine odo (45k)
Thane registered.
Single owner.
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:33   #3506
BHPian

Hi guys,I sold an Innova 2007 model, vx with 135000km on the odometer for 7 lakhs. However the speed with which the deal happened left me feeling, I could have got more. Can someone set my mind to rest
Sathya
Old 23rd September 2011, 16:28   #3507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psathya View Post
Hi guys,I sold an Innova 2007 model, vx with 135000km on the odometer for 7 lakhs. However the speed with which the deal happened left me feeling, I could have got more. Can someone set my mind to rest
Sathya
I dont think so. Its just that you were lucky that someone wanted to buy it quickly and it all happend fast. I would say you have got a fair deal given that you have driven about 40% of the life of the vehicle.
Old 23rd September 2011, 23:46   #3508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psathya View Post
Sathya
You were very lucky because next few months will see a Innova competitors appearing in the Indian market, and I seriously expect a price correction for the Innova when that happens.
Old 24th September 2011, 00:20   #3509
BHPian

I'm new to the used car market here (Bangalore), and am looking for a decent car in the 4-5 lakhs range. Approx what can I expect to pay for a 2009 Linea (Active, Petrol) that has done about 20k kms?

I would have preferred a diesel, but looks like they are all outside my modest budget.
Old 24th September 2011, 07:24   #3510
BHPian

I am in the Market looking for used baleno, does it makes sense in buying used baleno looking at price of petrol today.

Most Viewed