Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2012, 20:50   #4891
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Guys,

Do let me know (PM) if anyone is interested on Jan 2010 registered Silver Safari Lx. This has done 60500 kms and is being sold as the owner is relocating.

Further info is on:
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...a/Safari.html/

Thanks.
Old 19th June 2012, 12:07   #4892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketa
Dear All,
Further to the advice you have given me, I'm planning to sell my Honda Civic ( Sept 2009, 27000km done, 2nd owner , Fully insured till Jan 2013 with service record) in Mumbai it self as i need to leave for Delhi at the end of this month.
If you need a car to travel in Delhi, then bring your car to Delhi. As having a car is quite a need in Delhi. Also, outside state cars are allowed to travel in Delhi without any issues.
tanwaramit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2012, 13:03   #4893
Senior - BHPian

Re: An upside to the petrol price hike : Used car residuals CRASH

Anybody can comment on the used car price corrections in bangalore?

I would be interested to swap out my 2011 Santro with a 3 yr old Alto/WagonR.
It would be 100% driver driven and daily commute is less than 20 kms. So petrol is just fine.

Would I get an 2008/2009 Alto Lxi for under 1.5L? Would blindly take it no matter what price I give my Santro away. 2008/2009 i10 Magna for 2L would be tempting but I have decided against a Hyundai again..
Old 19th June 2012, 13:48   #4894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post

I would be interested to swap out my 2011 Santro with a 3 yr old Alto/WagonR.
It would be 100% driver driven and daily commute is less than 20 kms. So petrol is just fine.
Is it a 2001 Santro or 2011?
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2012, 13:56   #4895

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I think you chose correctly, but the reason I have to offer is different. The dealership will usually have a large cut for themselves. Just get a friend to go and ask for price of a similar car to yours and you will have the answer. Please try to sell direct and you will get a much better price. Some car dealers also offer exchange bonus if you sell your car on your own. Desperate times are here for them!

I have been trying to sell it directly . But the offers are very few and the prices too low .I may try Team-BHP Classifieds but am not very optimistic . Otherwise will just keep it as a second car . Except for its gas guzzling , Indica is a breeze to drive ( mine is a 1.4 ) and can easily seat 6 .

Last edited by GTO : 22nd June 2012 at 13:11. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 19th June 2012, 16:34   #4896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
If you need a car to travel in Delhi, then bring your car to Delhi. As having a car is quite a need in Delhi. Also, outside state cars are allowed to travel in Delhi without any issues.
Thanks for that piece for advice! Lots of people have told me the same thing. But i've heard that there are quite a few 320d s available between 17-19 lakhs. Problem is i can't even think of buying one without disposing of my civic first. And given that spiralling petrol prices have already brought petrol car prices crashing down, I want to try and get rid of my Civic asap before it loses any more value. I was hoping to manage atleast 7 because the car is in mint condition but looks like i might have to go with the 6.5 offer in Hyderabad or bring it here and try my luck
Old 19th June 2012, 18:42   #4897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketa
I was hoping to manage atleast 7 because the car is in mint condition but looks like i might have to go with the 6.5 offer in Hyderabad or bring it here and try my luck
In delhi a dealer will not give you anything more than 5 for it and if your lucky you might find a individuval buyer who may end up giving you 6 but you will have to search hard to get a good deal imo its best if you sold it in hyderabad for 6.5, you will definately not get that figure in delhi
Old 19th June 2012, 19:40   #4898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketa View Post
the 6.5 offer in Hyderabad or bring it here and try my luck
Bring the vehicle in Delhi only if you want to retain/drive it for some more time.

If you sell a Non-DL car in Delhi/NCR be prepared for extremely poor resale value!

So if you want to sell it then do it in your state only.

Last edited by bluevolt : 19th June 2012 at 19:41.
Old 19th June 2012, 20:28   #4899

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
I had a 2007 indica xeta and my brother in law was interested in buying that car as he knows all the pros and cons of it.
I also could not hold on to two petrol cars,so called a few local dealers and the best quote i got was 1.3lakhs,so i sold it for the same price to my BIL.

Contrary to what many believe,Indica xeta is really a nice family car.
Good low end torque for city riding and also very good mileage of 13-14kmpl in city conditons with AC.
Not sure why it become a market dud.
Sorry if its
Was this quote of 1.3L befor or after the hike ?
Was your xeta a 1.2 or 1.4 ?
You are right about the Xeta being a nice car . Mine was running on some really rough roads and no complaints whatsoever from the car . Loaded it up with 10 people all grown people . Still pulled cleanly on acceleration
Old 19th June 2012, 23:33   #4900
BHPian

Re: OHC Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
2.4 is just too much for a 10 year old OHC.
I am not sure about resale values down south.
but up north it wont fetch more than 1.5L
+1 to this. 2.4 is ridiculous for a 10-year old car, to be honest. It should be about 1.25 or so, especially since the price correction for the current model sent the prices of used older ones spiralling downwards.
1.5 would be just about the maximum I'd pay IF the car had a full service history up to the current odometer reading from an authorized Honda service station and if your mechanic checked it out and told you there was no imminent work to be done on it.

Last edited by ghostrider : 19th June 2012 at 23:34.
Old 19th June 2012, 23:40   #4901
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider

+1 to this. 2.4 is ridiculous for a 10-year old car, to be honest. It should be about 1.25 or so, especially since the price correction for the current model sent the prices of used older ones spiralling downwards.
1.5 would be just about the maximum I'd pay IF the car had a full service history up to the current odometer reading from an authorized Honda service station and if your mechanic checked it out and told you there was no imminent work to be done on it.
For any other car, true.
But I did the rounds some time back.
2.4 for a single owner OHC is not unheard of.
One guy with a similar vintage car had full service history, everything repaired and replaced at honda, 3L!
When I checked a week later, sold!

Last edited by mayankk : 19th June 2012 at 23:47.
Old 20th June 2012, 11:52   #4902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
The owner had filled diesel in the car once, but it was rectified by the service station before any damage could happen. Could this have an potential issue later?
Dont think this will cause any damage if the tank was emptied and cleaned immediately. You could have issues if the diesel made its way to the engine and the transmission. We had a similar instance on our Santro when an idiot at the petrol pump on the highway started filling diesel. Luckily the driver noticed it immediately. The tank was emptied, dried and refitted. We got it checked with the Hyundai Service Station in Bangalore who confirmed no damage as it was detected immediately.
aroonanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2012, 12:25   #4903
BHPian

Sold my 2006 Esteem LXi (CNG) run 1,44,000 kms for 1.27 lacs. It had newish tyres (Michelin, run 10k). It ran OK, but constant niggles were a pain.
Old 20th June 2012, 14:34   #4904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
You could have issues if the diesel made its way to the engine and the transmission.
How on earth would fuel get into the transmission ?
esteem_lover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2012, 14:40   #4905
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
How on earth would fuel get into the transmission ?
I would think you already have issues if that is happening....

Most Viewed