Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2012, 19:08   #5896
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

I finally have bought a 2009 Civic V-AT, single-owner , 47K on odo in Chennai for 6.5 L, thru' a dealer (but with vehicle inspected at owner's premises).

Sold off our Jan 2006 Alto LXi, 90K on odo, to the same dealer for 1.1L.

Any comments on the prices? Are they in-line with Chennai used-car market prices ?

Thanks!

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 23rd October 2012 at 19:09.
Old 23rd October 2012, 20:18   #5897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
I finally have bought a 2009 Civic V-AT, single-owner , 47K on odo in Chennai for 6.5 L, thru' a dealer (but with vehicle inspected at owner's premises).

Any comments on the prices? Are they in-line with Chennai used-car market prices ?

Thanks!
Congrats!

That's quite a deal for a 2009 Civic. The car has shed more than 50% of its value in just 3 years.

Guess the vehicle is in good shape with clean records + good tires and battery. How about some pics?
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 21:04   #5898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolIndian
With great sadness I need to sell my Toyota Innova (GX - 7 Seater). The car will be available for sale after mid-december, 2012 ?
I m interested in the car, can you PM me your contact details.
Old 24th October 2012, 15:36   #5899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Jignesh
i presume by that measure the 2009 model should be 3.5 lakhs if bought direct from seller ? correct ? the seller is quoting 4.5lakhs yaar !!
Hello Narayan,

I understand the delimma but hope you know that used Diesel hatchbacks are in huge demand currently & that is why sellers are quoting unreasonably high prices, which are not worth paying to save couple of thousand rupees in fuel costs.

See this is a matter of personal choice - are you willing to pay more than Rs. 4 for a diesel Car that is almost 2.5 years old or go for a new Diesel CNG hatchback. I would personally go for a new CNG hatchback (like WagonR Green for approx Rs. 5 lacs) whose per KM running cost will be cheaper than Diesel car & also a new car will give you peace of mind for next couple of years.

Thanks,
Old 24th October 2012, 19:19   #5900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Narayan,

I understand the delimma but hope you know that used Diesel hatchbacks are in huge demand currently & that is why sellers are quoting unreasonably high prices, which are not worth paying to save couple of thousand rupees in fuel costs.

See this is a matter of personal choice - are you willing to pay more than Rs. 4 for a diesel Car that is almost 2.5 years old or go for a new Diesel CNG hatchback. I would personally go for a new CNG hatchback (like WagonR Green for approx Rs. 5 lacs) whose per KM running cost will be cheaper than Diesel car & also a new car will give you peace of mind for next couple of years.

Thanks,
Jignesh
problem is i need the boot space and Chennai doesnt have a CNG network. Even the LPG network is terrible. Hence the wait continues. incidentally i saw an ad for a 2011 Dzire Vdi done just 25k being offered for 3.5lakhs. Something really suspicious.

for my budget, I am now looking through Vistas and Palio SDx models.

what is your opinion about the below

2008 Palio multijet top end model - new tyres - done 45k - quoting 3.25lakhs - i am seeing it languishing in the classifieds ( not T-BHP ) for quite some time. At what price would this be a good buy ? ( after factoring the risks of buying a phased out Fiat ? )

Last edited by narayan : 24th October 2012 at 19:22.
Old 24th October 2012, 19:34   #5901
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks!

Yes indeed, and welcome to the club!
Can you post some more details, color, etc. Also, did you factor in the 50k service? Also is it a post facelift version?
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 06:02   #5902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Congrats!

That's quite a deal for a 2009 Civic. The car has shed more than 50% of its value in just 3 years.

Guess the vehicle is in good shape with clean records + good tires and battery. How about some pics?
Thanks! Yes, clean records/tyres less than 10K old(Michelin PLC)/battery-in-good-condition (SF).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Yes indeed, and welcome to the club!
Can you post some more details, color, etc. Also, did you factor in the 50k service? Also is it a post facelift version?
Thanks! Carbon-bronze and pre-facelift. All stock.

On the day of taking delivery...

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-dsc04967.jpg

After a shampoo-wash at home...

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-78650027.jpg
Blue Thunder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 08:17   #5903
BHPian

Guys i have two options.
  • OCt 2010 VW Passat 1.8 Tsi done 33K (Single owner) - Lonavala registered
  • May 2010 VW Passat 1.8 Tsi done 19K (Two owner) - Mumbai registered
Request you all to share the indicative pricing for both cars so that i can negotiate accordingly. I need to get the car Mumbai registered.

Cheers
Old 25th October 2012, 08:27   #5904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...After a shampoo-wash at home
Looks absolutely stunning! Glad that you got a great color too! It looks very elegant on the Civic.

How difficult/easy is it to find such cars in the present scenario? It would be great if you could share the pre negotiation price offered at the first instance. Does the dealer provide some kinda warranty on the car?
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 08:53   #5905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Looks absolutely stunning! Glad that you got a great color too! It looks very elegant on the Civic.

How difficult/easy is it to find such cars in the present scenario? It would be great if you could share the pre negotiation price offered at the first instance. Does the dealer provide some kinda warranty on the car?
What i had observed with Pre-worshipped Civic's;
It is one car that is very difficult to sell and equally difficult to buy in this market.
Most of the first owners will be high profile users who know very little of the car specific used market, so they calculate the depreciations normally and will quote and stick to a very high rate. Often they will be hard to negotiate also.
In this period, most of the genuine direct buyers would have left, leaving the owner frustrated and at the mercy of the dealers, who will then make merry.

To hunt for Civic, its better to be patient and keep trying out, you WILL get yours
sarathlal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 11:11   #5906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punitkakri View Post
Guys i have two options.
  • OCt 2010 VW Passat 1.8 Tsi done 33K (Single owner) - Lonavala registered
  • May 2010 VW Passat 1.8 Tsi done 19K (Two owner) - Mumbai registered
Request you all to share the indicative pricing for both cars so that i can negotiate accordingly. I need to get the car Mumbai registered.

Cheers
Hello Punit,
As far as possible,try to go for a single owner(Lonavala) car & not the two owner car(Mumbai). Do check for odo tampering on the Mumbai car.
As for the price anything around 11L seems fair.
Gurus please comment.
Regards,
Varun
Old 25th October 2012, 12:31   #5907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
2008 Palio multijet top end model - new tyres - done 45k - quoting 3.25lakhs - i am seeing it languishing in the classifieds ( not T-BHP ) for quite some time. At what price would this be a good buy ? ( after factoring the risks of buying a phased out Fiat ? )
Hello Narayan,

Apologies, I forgot that CNG is not available in Chennai currently.

Anyways, regarding the 2008 Palio that you are referring the reasonable price can be considered around Rs. 2.5 lacs, but taking into account the premium that used Diesel hatchbacks currently command, you can pay maximum Rs. 2.8 / Rs. 2.9 lacs for the Car.

Thanks,
Old 26th October 2012, 15:59   #5908
Senior - BHPian

Jignesh
Is 3.5 lakhs a good price for a Dec 2009 Aura quadrajet run 23000kms, single owner and good condition ? Also any particular issues to watch out for in these model years ?
Old 26th October 2012, 19:27   #5909
Senior - BHPian

Guys, need your help with the following.

I just checked out two Swifts at Carnation here in Bangalore.

Swift VXi 2007 - 44,000KM on the odo. Price quoted 3.35L. This car doesn't have a music system and but the folks at Carnation are ready to put in a JVC/Panasonic HU and two speakers at front.

Swift Vxi 2008 - 53000KM on the Odo. This one has a music system with Panasonic HU, two JBL speakers on the parcel tray and I assume two at the front. The price quoted is 3.40L.

The condition for both the cars was similar (both enternal and internal) with no dents on the body.

Carnation provides 1Yr warranty on engine and gearbox along with two free services.

Are these fair prices? Which amongst the two is a better deal? Is Carnation a trustworthy used car dealer?

Last edited by safari_lover : 26th October 2012 at 19:28.
Old 26th October 2012, 20:06   #5910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolIndian View Post
With great sadness I need to sell my Toyota Innova (GX - 7 Seater) which is not even a year old. The car will be available for sale after mid-december, 2012 as I am relocating to a different country in Jan 2013. I have currently clocked 11,500 KM and expect to reach 15,000 by the time I sell my lovely car. Here are some of the additional accessories on the car:

4 Reverse Parking Sensor + Cam
7 Inches Detachable JVC Unit
4 Speakers + 2 Tweeters (JBL and Hertz)
Rear Spoiler and Side Visor (Toyota)
Muffler Cutter (Toyta)
Luggage Tray (Toyota)
Bumper Corner Protector
Car Seat Covers (Tatto)

I have spent about 75000/- for accessories when I bought the car. The car is registered in Bangalore (KA-05) and was delivered on 21st Dec, 2011. Can experts here kindly help me in coming up with a quote?
Hi Coolindian,

I am looking for a well maintained Innova. Please contact me with your offer when you decide to sell the vehicle. You may contact me at krsachinsharma@gmail.com. Thanks.

Last edited by maximus. : 26th October 2012 at 20:08. Reason: adding information.

Most Viewed