BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabash View Post
Honda Civic 2007 in Blr
3rd owner 38k, complete history of car known
Expects 5.5
Car in good condition and well maintained

What is a good price ?
2007 car run only 38 K looks fishy and 3 owners! Giving an offer is secondary first get the car checked. Only if it has full service history and if i really like the car I would offer nothing more than 4 L if i have to become the 4th owner. And do not forget selling it later down the years to a 5th owner will be a nightmare.
Old 7th March 2013, 09:30   #6782
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Honda Civic 2007 in Blr
Expects 5.5
5.5 is way high considering the number of owners, though it is well maintained and may be in very good condition. 4L should be the best deal.

How about the condition of tyres?
Old 7th March 2013, 09:43   #6783
BHPian

Quote:
Honda Civic 2007 in Blr
Expects 5.5

What is a good price ?
I purchased 2008 VAT model in bangalore, run 27k at the time of buying, single owner for 5.8 lacs with full service history and car was in great condition.
Hope this info helps
harishpr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 10:42   #6784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Linea 1.3MJD Emotion (not E-Pack) - 2009, Chennai registered - 2nd Owner - Flamenco Red - 55k on odo
- 70% Tyre life - No concerns except for a bit of rattle noise
- Added accessories: Reverse parking sensor and black art leather seat covers
Hello Mr. Boss,

You may expect approx Rs. 4 lacs for the 2009 Linea 1.3 MJD with 55,000 on ODO. The price is little on lower side, as you are already second owner.

Quote:
Honda Civic 2007 in Blr. 3rd owner 38k, complete history of car known. Expects 5.5. Car in good condition and well maintained. What is a good price ?
Hello Shabash,

The Car is currently being sold by 3rd owner & you will be forth owner.
I will simply suggest to stay away from this car & look for another car. There are many used Civic's available in used car market at lucrative prices.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 10:45   #6785
BHPian

Thanks for all suggestions.So moving on from the Civic, may be to a CRV

2004 Honda CRV MT
Run 104000
Single owner
Sold by Nandi Toyota Used cars
Quoted price - 5.75L

My feeling is 4.75, what does T-Bhp-ians say?

Last edited by shabash : 7th March 2013 at 10:46. Reason: Added - Number of owners, remove unwanted punctuations
Old 7th March 2013, 11:07   #6786
BHPian

Exactly how bad is the resale value of the Old- gen teana? I did a thread search and found that no one ever inquired about it! There's a mint condition 26000 km done Oct 2007 DL regd Nissan teana. My friend recommended it as the best chauffeur driven car in its segment and an amazing buy in the used car market. Owner is asking for 6.5 negotiable. My friend feels 5.5 is a very reasonable offer. any thoughts?
Old 7th March 2013, 12:02   #6787
BHPian

We just sold our Toyota Innova G4, Diesel 2006 December Purchase for a consideration of Rs 5.5 Lakhs in Hyderabad. The car has done close to 2,15,000 km. The car has traveled from Kashmir to Kanyakumari. The deal was closed real fast.

Now in the market for a new Innova.
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 12:20   #6788
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketa View Post
Exactly how bad is the resale value of the Old- gen teana? I did a thread search and found that no one ever inquired about it! There's a mint condition 26000 km done Oct 2007 DL regd Nissan teana. My friend recommended it as the best chauffeur driven car in its segment and an amazing buy in the used car market. Owner is asking for 6.5 negotiable. My friend feels 5.5 is a very reasonable offer. any thoughts?
The Taena is bound to have a bad resale value and there are very few takers for the car primarily because the FE is really going to burn a hole in your pocket. My dad's friend has one and always complain that the Fe doesn't cross 5 kmpl in delhis traffic. But if your friend feels that he can live with it then you should go ahead. The price looks mouthwatering and a few thousands here and there would ahrdly make a difference for a 20L+ sedan. The space at the back is phenomenal and its really comfortable. Also the low levels of sales of the car ensures the exclusivity factor and understated, non eye catching looks at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
We just sold our Toyota Innova G4, Diesel 2006 December Purchase for a consideration of Rs 5.5 Lakhs in Hyderabad. The car has done close to 2,15,000 km. The car has traveled from Kashmir to Kanyakumari. The deal was closed real fast.

Now in the market for a new Innova.
Innova's resale is really mind boggling. I bought mine used at 30k kms for Rs. 7.5L ( got a really good deal at that time). Now 5 years down the line and with odo at 1.1L kms, I just happened to check the resale value and was amazed to find buyers ready with the cash for 6-6.5L for the vehicle. Good luck hunting for a new Innova.

Last edited by drmohitg : 7th March 2013 at 12:29. Reason: text added
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 12:29   #6789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Innova's resale is really mind boggling. I bought mine used at 30k kms for Rs. 7.5L ( got a really good deal at that time). Now 5 years down the line and with odo at 1.1L kms, I just happened to check the resale value and was amazed to find buyers ready with the cash for 6-6.5L for the vehicle. Good luck hunting for a new Innova.
True Dr. Innova commands ones of the best resale values in India. We got 50% value after 6 years and more than 2 lakh km usage.

But looks like I will feel the pinch of hike in excise duty. Effective from 1st march prices ex showroom have gone up by 50k in Hyderabad. And VX feel too expensive now. I want to opt for the GX Variant but my dad is keen on the VX variant. I did not like the way silver finish looks in pics. Have to see it in real life though.
Old 7th March 2013, 13:46   #6790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for all suggestions.So moving on from the Civic, may be to a CRV

2004 Honda CRV MT
Run 104000
Single owner
Sold by Nandi Toyota Used cars
Quoted price - 5.75L

My feeling is 4.75, what does T-Bhp-ians say?
Hi
That looks like a fair deal for a good car. Please do check the service history and insurance papers.
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 15:06   #6791
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

But looks like I will feel the pinch of hike in excise duty. Effective from 1st march prices ex showroom have gone up by 50k in Hyderabad. And VX feel too expensive now. I want to opt for the GX Variant but my dad is keen on the VX variant. I did not like the way silver finish looks in pics. Have to see it in real life though.
Well my advice is stick to the VX only because of the safety features. In my family Innova is the car we take out on our highway drives and I always regret for not opting for VX trim. If you find it expensive which I think it has become off late, you might want to consider Xuv. Aren't you anyways bored of the Innova to buy another one?

Last edited by drmohitg : 7th March 2013 at 15:24.
Old 7th March 2013, 15:22   #6792
BHPian

Quote:
True Dr. Innova commands ones of the best resale values in India. We got 50% value after 6 years and more than 2 lakh km usage.

+ 1 to that.

We had a 2010 model Toyota maintained Innova run 20k km when we took it in Jan 2012 for 10.50. We used for a year and sold in Jan 2013 with odo 35k km for 10.25. Ideally could have sold at more or same price but wanted to close it quickly and maybe to an extent our ethics with vehicles has been at it's highest level

Still miss the Innova, nothing can match in that class. !!

Regards
prsn

Last edited by prsnck : 7th March 2013 at 15:51. Reason: Missed the price
Old 7th March 2013, 15:32   #6793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck View Post
Still miss the Innova, nothing can match in that class. !!
Feels as if there is no worthwhile competition for this. Especially the last row seat is good enough for long distance travel for even a 5'9" person. And Captain seats are really thoughtful

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Well my advice is stick to the VX only because of the safety features. In my family Innova if the car we take out on our highway drives and I always regret for not opting for VX trim. If you find it expensive which I think it has become off late, you might want to consider Xuv. Aren't you anyways bored of the Innova to buy another one?
Except for one additional passenger Airbag, current VX is similar to GX in safety department. Additional features are only cosmetic like the audio system, reverse camera, acc etc. If ACC was included in GX, it would have been outright choice.

I guess we need to move this discussion to the Innova thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...acelift-3.html

Last edited by indian21r : 7th March 2013 at 15:34.
Old 7th March 2013, 17:18   #6794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Hi
That looks like a fair deal for a good car. Please do check the service history and insurance papers.
I am not sure whether you said that the "fair deal" is for the quoted price of 5.75 or my offer price of 4.75 ?

Last edited by shabash : 7th March 2013 at 17:19. Reason: Grammar correction
Old 7th March 2013, 17:25   #6795
BHPian

Hi,

Need your help in assessing the value for my car:

Honda Accord v6 2005 second owner done 84000 kms, comprehensive insurance. All service /repair done at Honda showroom. Complete service history can be obtained. Bangalore registration.

Thanks
Chetan

Most Viewed