Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2014, 16:34   #9616
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Thanks a ton guys! Just came back from Nexus and one them there helped me evaluate the car.Took it for a test drive.

Clearly:
- There has been a lot of work done on the left hand side of the car. Body work and repainting.
- Suspension is completely spoilt and needs replacement
- The car has not done just 70k but it has done 1,56,000 km as of May 2014 when it was taken for a service for the last time wirth MASS
- Only small time repairs have been done and the car has never been through a proper service.
- The owners name was shared and seemed like someone I knew.
- The tyres need to be replaced.

Considering these pointers the MASS stated that I should not buy it for more than 3,00,000 since there is work of at least 1 lakh pending to bring it back to good working condition. Considering the km run they stated it would be better to buy a well maintained car and he stated he would help me with finding a nice GV if he comes across one. The dealer came down to 5 lakh immediately from 6.25 and said that would be the best he can offer. Meanwhile, he stated he has another silver one available for 7 lakhs. Am clearly not spending more than 3.5 to 4 lakhs on this car since that was the idea. He also stated that all parts are readily available for the car and there is no shortage in supply. In fact Bangalore is where the parts come first, supposedly for GV.

WIll keep you all updated. Thanks Admin for re routing this post to the right thread I was having a hard time trying to locate the most apt thread to post this information.

Thanks again! Meanwhile do let me know if anyone is willing to give away their GV's
Old 29th July 2014, 15:35   #9617
Senior - BHPian

Guys
As you can see from my signature, I have a Vista. Looking at the Zest reviews I'm quite tempted to consider the Bolt when it is launched. What is a realistic resale value for my below car ?

Model : Vista Aqua - 1.3 QJD
Year : Dec 2009
Kms : 40650
Owner : I'm the 2nd owner - purchased in Dec 2012 at 23500kms ODO
Car details : usual scratches with typical city driving. Tyres good for easily 15k kms. Clutch is hard. I'm used to it but a new buyer might want to change.
City : Chennai
Old 29th July 2014, 20:46   #9618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charanreddy View Post

The below will sound foolish and I have a feeling it is.

The final deal was at 1,07,500.

Most important the AC compressor was damaged so needs repair.

So what say guys, did I get robbed or am I ok?
I say you're getting robbed!

How did the deal escalate by 17k from the initial quote??
Geo_Ipe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 22:54   #9619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
I say you're getting robbed!

How did the deal escalate by 17k from the initial quote??
The original quote as was told to a third party was Rs 90K to 1L. This was with non alloy wheels and tires that looked like they would last only the next 5K to 10K KMs.

The owner had also another set of wheels, 13 inch alloys with Yokohoma A drives that had run less than 3K. These had cost originally 26K for him (Have bill and warranty card etc).

He was willing to offer the car finally at 90K without alloys & A drives and 1.1L with alloys.

I thought changing all 4 tyres with drums will cost me atleast 15K+ and for that price I was getting almost new alloys and A drives so I went for this..

Does this make sense at all ? For me the best possible deal was 90K for car + alloys going maximum upto 1L. But given that we know the current owner personally and that the car has been maintained well, went in for the additional 7k+.

P.S. The car is at my native place. Will take snaps of it as soon as I go back or if it comes here for fixing the issue with AC, registration change etc.

Last edited by charanreddy : 29th July 2014 at 22:57. Reason: added a comment at the end.
Old 30th July 2014, 00:29   #9620
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thnks @Countme91 and @---------snip----------
I still have a chance to call this off. Let me know what you think.
I am scouting for mpfi zens in Delhi and I'm getting offers from individuals ranging between 60 and 80k. I'm sure, for your market, you can add 15-20k, I suppose. I'd suggest look around for a little bit more, build up a list of options.
It's a very common buy in the used car market.

The missing stereo, has he removed it, or was it never there? If removed, it would sort of put me off the seller, not the car though.

However, if you've already got the car, then forget about all this. Done and dusted, just enjoy the car. The more you ask, the more robbed you'll feel.
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 09:57   #9621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I am scouting for mpfi zens in Delhi and I'm getting offers from individuals ranging between 60 and 80k. I'm sure, for your market, you can add 15-20k, I suppose. I'd suggest look around for a little bit more, build up a list of options.
It's a very common buy in the used car market.

The missing stereo, has he removed it, or was it never there? If removed, it would sort of put me off the seller, not the car though.

However, if you've already got the car, then forget about all this. Done and dusted, just enjoy the car. The more you ask, the more robbed you'll feel.
Hi Mayankk, have already bought the vehicle.

The owner did have a stereo costing about 25K (With a sub woofer and all). He told me that he had removed it as no one is willing to pay extra for this. For that matter even I wouldn't. I prefer going for mid-budget options like a basic pioneer HU and decent speakers like primus-Infinity which will cost me not more that 7 to 8 K new and still gives decent music quality.

All in all, I overpaid by 7.5K to 10K as we personally knew the owner and he would not knowingly sell us a problematic car
Old 30th July 2014, 12:03   #9622
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Mayankk, have already bought the vehicle.

The owner did have a stereo costing about 25K (With a sub woofer and all). He told me that he had removed it as no one is willing to pay extra for this. For that matter even I wouldn't. I prefer going for mid-budget options like a basic pioneer HU and decent speakers like primus-Infinity which will cost me not more that 7 to 8 K new and still gives decent music quality.

All in all, I overpaid by 7.5K to 10K as we personally knew the owner and he would not knowingly sell us a problematic car
I have purchased 4 used cars in past. Believe me, yes, you have paid 10k more, but as the previous owner is your known one, you have got yourself a car which you have faith in, so its fine.
That aside, he should not have removed the music syatem. When a used car is sold, ideally the seller is not supposed to remove anything. He had purchased it for some 25k, it doesn't mean it is worth 25k now. You should have got it, knowing that you paid 10k more. That deal with alloys and tires is good, but again, he had purchased them for this car only and he was using the same set of alloys and tires with this car, while before selling, he removes them and sells it with steel wheel and old tires, and makes the alloys and new tires an additional deal, not good. He has tried to make it look like worth extra bucks but if I was you, I would buy the car, but I would have got the music system for the same amount of money, or may be 5k more.
Old 31st July 2014, 13:26   #9623
BHPian

Dear Friends

I'm getting a 2009 honda city automatic (v) driven approx. 60000 kms.
Ok condition but dashboard has been changed 'cos there kid left the ignited lighter on the dashboard and it got burnt so dashboard was replaced so no airbags.
The car will be driven in the city only.

I'm getting it for approx. 3.75 lakhs.
Is it a good deal or should i stay put of it.
Regards
Braveheart
Old 31st July 2014, 13:38   #9624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart_77 View Post
Dear Friends

Ok condition but dashboard has been changed 'cos there kid left the ignited lighter on the dashboard and it got burnt so dashboard was replaced so no airbags.

Regards
Braveheart
Regarding the changed dashboard driver side airbag should be present as I don't think that would be affected? This seems like a bizarre incident haven't heard anything like this before. Do ascertain the service history and if everything is ok 3.5 lakhs would be fine for the car.
Old 31st July 2014, 13:44   #9625
BHPian

Dear Toyotafan

The car is available with honda autoterrace and driver side airbag is also not present.
As per SA the whole dashboard was replaced.
Your comments awaited.

Regards
Braveheart
Old 31st July 2014, 14:54   #9626
JLS
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Toyotafan

The car is available with honda autoterrace and driver side airbag is also not present.
As per SA the whole dashboard was replaced.
Your comments awaited.

Regards
Braveheart
I would suspect that if airbags are not available then, car was involved in an accident, where airbags were deployed and then owner did not spend to replace them.

If dashboard was replaced, then also driver side airbag (which is typically inside steering wheel facia) would not be affected and should be present. However, if driver side airbag is also not present then 'dashboard replaced' story seems wrong.

I think seller/dealer is not sharing complete information about car with you. I believe car might have been involved in a major accident. Best to stay away from this car.

Hope this helps

JLS
Old 31st July 2014, 15:05   #9627
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friends

Regards
Braveheart
Try to get the insurance details of this car. You might have to visit the Insurance company once but that will clarify all your doubts.
As other Bhpians are saying, I also feel that this car has certainly been involved in a huge accident, no sane person would get the entire dashboard changed for a merely a burn mark and also eliminate both the airbags, of which driver's side airbag is not even a part of the dashboard.

The price of this car also seems too low (I could be wrong here) considering the fact that Hondas generally don't depreciate as much as others.
Old 31st July 2014, 15:08   #9628
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friends

Regards
Braveheart
Never heard of the complete dash being changed merely because of a lighter burn. Appears quite unlikely. And in any case, the original air bag module would have been used on the new dash. There seems to be more to this than meets the eye.
Additionally, the price seems step for a 2009 without benefit of air bags which were standard on this model.
Old 31st July 2014, 19:53   #9629
Senior - BHPian

What could be a decent price for 2013 Jan Ertiga zdi, 25000 km run @ Bangalore ?
Old 31st July 2014, 20:39   #9630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwetank View Post
Never heard of the complete dash being changed merely because of a lighter burn. Appears quite unlikely. And in any case, the original air bag module would have been used on the new dash. There seems to be more to this than meets the eye.
Additionally, the price seems step for a 2009 without benefit of air bags which were standard on this model.
I second this. I doubt that the car was involved in an accident wherin the airbags deployed and the car was destroyed so much that the insurance company went for a total loss, or worsr, insurance didn't bear the losses and the car is being sold after doing all the repair work but the airbag module, as it costs just way too much. My friend's i20 is totalled and the service person said it costed 1.4 Lakh. :O

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks