Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2007, 10:54   #61
BHPian

Wots the milage that the Optra 1.8 returns?
Old 10th November 2007, 13:58   #62
NIP
Senior - BHPian

a close friend who owns an optra 1.8 gets around 7-8 in the city (bangy) and not more than 10-11 on the highway. a little enthusiastic driving and these figures go lower. beware of this guzzler !! parts are on the expensive side too. get it only if you intend to do minimal diving daily...
Old 10th November 2007, 15:23   #63
Senior - BHPian

NIP who said parts are on the expensive side, have you owned one to comment on that, or just hearsay. 4.25-4.5L is more like the price.
Old 10th November 2007, 19:48   #64
BHPian

I too have heard that the Optra Spares are real cheap as compared to the Corolla or the Civic and Skoda.
Old 11th November 2007, 10:14   #65
BHPian

Can someone plz shed some light abt the prices for Optra 1.8 spares and wot shud one chk before buying a used Optra ? Optra owners help needed plz.
Old 11th November 2007, 15:11   #66

Dec 2006 Innova GIV 8 Seater Best Price in Bangalore

Hi All,

I visit this forum every day and it has been very informative. Have not posted any thing till date. Have come read and enjoyed mostly about the Swift VDI and the Safari reviews.

I had plans of buying a new Innova or a Tata Safari by March 08 and have been taking great interest on how good is the New 2.2 Safari. Had taken a test drive and was very happy in comparison to the older TDI Safari's.

Now a friend of mine is selling his Toyota Innova GIV 8 seater the vehicle is in good condition, single owned, has few scratches in the front bumper.

Reason to sell - He plans to buy a Mitsubishi Pajero

More details

Has a decent DVD player
Rear View Camera
Sunfilm done (says it costed him around 3.5 K )
ODO - 12,500 kms
Tyres Stock
Seats -Stock

The vehicle has a loan of around 6 Lakh with ICIC and the same could be transferred in to my name.

What is the best rate for this vehicle.

New vehicle on road as per carwale - 10,33424/-
Assuming the dealer gives a discount of approx 50 k it comes to 9.8 Lakh stock with out the rearview cam and other accessories .

Can u guys give your inputs on the best price that i can negotiate

If all goes well i may finalise on this vehicle in 10 days time. I am not interested in going to second hand car dealers.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 11th November 2007, 17:57   #67
Senior - BHPian

madhokritesh why dont you get the car thoroughly checked at Udit Motors Thane.

Usually the air resistance box is said to conk off and if aftermarket high wattage lights are installed it can lead to melting of holders and wires.
Old 11th November 2007, 18:32   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
and not more than 10-11 on the highway. a little enthusiastic driving and these figures go lower. beware of this guzzler !!
Something is seriously wrong there. Easy drive (100-120) gives me 16 plus and hard driving given me 13-14 on a regular basis.
Quote:
parts are on the expensive side too. get it only if you intend to do minimal diving daily...
Now where did you get this information? Word of mouth? Please NIP, check it out for yourself.
Old 12th November 2007, 09:52   #69

Guys,

Would appreciate some inputs on the pricing. Meanwhile, the seller is quoting a price of 8.75 Lakhs . The Vehicle is now exactly one year old and is due for insurance renewal by December 07

Is it really worth to pay the quoted amount and again spend 25 k on insurance .

or should i wait and go in for a New 2008 Model .

Please provide your inputs asap
Old 12th November 2007, 12:26   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi,

I cannot help you on the pricing angle but car insurance is based on the individual registered to own the vehicle. As far as I understand, you will have to transfer the insurance into your name and cannot simply take over the insurance from the seller.

It's a basic error in understanding the insurance concept because when you buy the vehicle, you will transfer it into your name from the relevant RTO. As soon as you do that, the seller's insurance policy will be voided because the he then no longer owns the vehicle.

The time-consuming but correct thing to do is to strike a deal with the seller where you will take out a new insurance policy in your name while he applies for a refund and pays you the refunded amount!

However, I have heard of plenty of cases (in bygone days) where insurance surveyors were hand-in-glove and allowed claims even though the car and insurance policy names didn't match. Maybe others can comment further on this.

Anyway, my reason for pointing this out to you is that you may have to bear the insurance amount anyway whether buying secondhand or new. So do not factor into your buying decision.

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by signature12345 View Post
Guys,

Would appreciate some inputs on the pricing. Meanwhile, the seller is quoting a price of 8.75 Lakhs . The Vehicle is now exactly one year old and is due for insurance renewal by December 07

Is it really worth to pay the quoted amount and again spend 25 k on insurance .

or should i wait and go in for a New 2008 Model .

Please provide your inputs asap
Old 12th November 2007, 13:50   #71

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. yes, i will be doing the same, need to transfer the vehicle and the insurance in my name.

i am also looking at options as below.

As said, he is a very close friend and is ok in me paying him the loan amount every month to his account.

a) Pay him the difference b/w his pending loan amount and the final amount and continue with his current Loan scheme. He is at 13 % with ICICI on a loan amt. of around 6 lakh . Need to get his statement to get an update on the same. If this is the case then the vehicle insurance also will be in his name and we transfer it as soon as i close the Loan amout ( I plan to do a closure of this Loan in next 24 months). It will be for 4 years if i take over this loan.

OR

Apply for a fresh loan and this would mean we pay a higher rate of interest, processing charges etc. which would again increase the value of the vehicle, transfer the vehicle and insurance in my name.

What do u guyz suggest. The more and more i think abt. this am getting confused.

Reg

Sign
Old 13th November 2007, 12:37   #72
BHPian

Used Small car -> Zen. What is the engine life?

Hi All

I want to purchase a car in budget on 1.5 to 2 lakhs.
I need power steering and AC.
I like Alto Lxi, zen, santo, etc.
I have a choice of Zen Vxi 2003 model but it is 1,00,000 Km driven already.Rest all is good with the car.
Question 1 : Is it ok to buy a zen with so much milage done?
Question 2 : Also what is the approximate life of a ZEN in Kms?
Please share your views.

Regards
Rohit
Old 13th November 2007, 14:13   #73
BHPian

@ Rohit a well maintained zen can perform for more than 1.5L km and more w/o any engine work. How much Km's do you intent to cover in a month after you purchase the car and more over for how many years do you intend to keep the car...If the car has been maintained properly, you can go with it ..no issues...You can also get an engine compression test done to find the life of the engine..Pls reffer to the below link for some extra info

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...erhauling.html

Last edited by jango : 13th November 2007 at 14:17.
Old 13th November 2007, 14:20   #74
Senior - BHPian

If the car has been kept very well, there is no reason why you should not buy this Zen if everything else including the price suits you. It will easily do another 1L kms without any trouble.
Old 13th November 2007, 14:27   #75
Senior - BHPian

i would suggest to take a machenic along and get it checked properly
but 1 l km i think its to much for the little engine but my alto is 1.70l km old and is still going almost strong

Most Viewed