Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2009, 07:04   #511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
go ahead if the car is ok trying reducing the price by 5K
Hey Bro, picked up the car for Rs 69990/-, first got it down to 70000/- with some hard haggling and then told him that 7 is very unlucky for me so Rs 10/- less. Will post the pics soon.
Old 13th January 2009, 12:01   #512
BHPian

hello guys,

we picked up a 2002 Accent GVS for my Sister and Bro in Law. The car had a single owner and had run 35k kms. silver colour and it was quoted at 2.6L. We bargained it for 2.5.

The car was picked from myTVS. He agreed to Pay the insurance, do some touch up work(the car has 3 small scratched on the front bumper- body is clean), One general service, top-up/filling of all fluids and A/C gas. Wax polish. While leaving, I saw some rust in the exhaust pipe and he has agreed to paint it too to inhibit further rust.

The car did not have sun film and he said he could get it done cheaper than outside if we had do it. Same with Car Cover.

The car has an oem cassete player, though my sister is not the type who would give any importance to ice. future upgrades may be possible.

The tyres are the stock 155/80 bridgestones. The Salesperson told us that they have enough life for another 10k kms. is it so? Especially considering the number of years.

What would be the ideal upsize on the stock rims?? ride comfort is top priority.

cheers!
Sai
Old 13th January 2009, 17:41   #513

I am planning to sell my Innova G1 Limited Edition Diesel which is 2 years old now, it has done only about 22k on odo. Car is in excellent condition, not many after market fitments except a 12k worth Pioneer player. Can anyone let me know based on their experience what is a fair price for this car in Chennai?
Old 19th January 2009, 10:20   #514
BANNED

skoda RS for 6.6 Lacs?

Guys,
Was looking for an RS long long ago haven't found even a single one here in kerala and all that are available are other state registered which i am not interested.Last week i found an RS owned by a person over here.Here are the specs.

Cars ODO : 54 k
Color : Diamond Silver
Exterior : Minor scratches here and there
Interior : seems to be clean and well maintained
Ownership : Its a second owner
Service : all service are company service done here at Marikar cochin

Will post the pics soon.

The guy was asking for 7.5 .I bargained and bargained till 6.6 and fixed at that price.The person driving it is a family man and think that there are no rash drivings .All in all the car seems to be clean .
This week before paying ther money and get the monster i wanted views from your guys where its good or bad. Please help me out here guys.

Hafi
Old 19th January 2009, 10:51   #515
Senior - BHPian

That's on the high side considering 54k driven and second owner. 6.6L is a good deal for 35k driven first owner car.

But yes, these are Delhi market rates; Kerala would be different.
Old 19th January 2009, 13:37   #516
BHPian

OT: but what do you think about 7 lacs for a 2006 vrs done 34k kms odd and currently with the second owner - I will be the 3rd, and the car is decently maintained but requires the 4 tires to be changed. Is it a very high price?
Car is in Delhi/Gurgaon.
thanks.
PS HAFI - sorry for hijacking !
Old 19th January 2009, 13:45   #517
BHPian

@ Hafi...get the car checked from skoda workshop and also run VAG software to detect any faults. Price could be lesser..somehwere around 6 l should be decent
@bhabhishek..seems like ur getting a good car but check the service history and also price of around 6.5 l would be better

Last edited by ashish22 : 19th January 2009 at 13:48.
Old 20th January 2009, 21:20   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
OT: but what do you think about 7 lacs for a 2006 vrs done 34k kms odd and currently with the second owner - I will be the 3rd, and the car is decently maintained but requires the 4 tires to be changed. Is it a very high price?
Car is in Delhi/Gurgaon.
thanks.
PS HAFI - sorry for hijacking !
tires to be changed at 34k kms on odd
either the guy has seriously ripped the tarmac or its done more than 34k
Old 29th January 2009, 17:05   #519
Senior - BHPian

Need advice on fair price

Guys,

The following car is available for sale though my office. I need to submit a bid for the same. Please advise what will be the correct price for it'

Make & Model - Honda City GXi
Registration No. - MH 01 (RTO Mumbai Central)
Registration Date - March 15, 2004
Engine - Petrol
Transmission - Automatic
Features - A.C. , Power steering, Power windows, Auto defroster
Odometer reading - 42,000 km

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 29th January 2009 at 17:18.
Old 29th January 2009, 17:17   #520
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Guys,

The following car is available for sale though my office. I need to submit a bid for the same. Please advise what will be the correct price for it
I would say 3.75-4lakhs. But there are a lot of other factors to consider... tyre wear, body work, etc.
Old 29th January 2009, 17:47   #521
Senior - BHPian

Nishant , i think 4 lacs should be a good deal. But as Tejas mentioned , there might be some factors to be taken into consideration.
Old 29th January 2009, 18:02   #522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
I would say 3.75-4lakhs. But there are a lot of other factors to consider... tyre wear, body work, etc.
Front 2 tires are almost bald. Rear ones have around 5k left in them. Got Aura Alloys also which are a bit faded.

Body is perfect, no dents/scratches
Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Nishant , i think 4 lacs should be a good deal. But as Tejas mentioned , there might be some factors to be taken into consideration.
Old 29th January 2009, 18:54   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
2002 Accent GVS for my Sister and Bro in Law. The car had a single owner and had run 35k kms. silver colour and it was quoted at 2.6L. We bargained it for 2.5.

While leaving, I saw some rust in the exhaust pipe and he has agreed to paint it too to inhibit further rust.

The tyres are the stock 155/80 bridgestones. The Salesperson told us that they have enough life for another 10k kms. is it so? Especially considering the number of years.

What would be the ideal upsize on the stock rims?? ride comfort is top priority.
If it has actually run only 35K kms all this time, then probably there might be major rust in the exhaust system. Painting's not gonna work.
The best upsize would be 175/70R13 which is the current OEM size.

Last edited by MalluDude : 29th January 2009 at 18:55.
Old 29th January 2009, 21:01   #524
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Front 2 tires are almost bald. Rear ones have around 5k left in them. Got Aura Alloys also which are a bit faded.

Body is perfect, no dents/scratches
Best way is to take a test drive and judge for yourself. Consider costs for Tyres, exhaust and brake pad replacements. Start from 3.75 and go on to 4 if all fine.
Old 1st February 2009, 18:21   #525
BHPian

2007 Aug SX4 ZXI at 5.75 L. Is that great?

Looking for a car but wants to minimise the outlay. Found an SX4 ZXI in Bangalore, done 8000 km, for 5.75 L. Model: Aug-2007

Is that a good choice? I have not TD'd it yet but given the low mileage on the car, it seems good VFM.

What do you say? Should I get hold of it?

BH.

Last edited by BurningHeart : 1st February 2009 at 18:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks