Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2010, 23:23   #1531
BHPian

How much should i expect for my 8yr old alto which is in good running condition
Model: Alto LX
Color: White
Bought: Oct 2002
Mileage done: 1,17,000
Tyre: Michellin Tubeless Tires (Mileage on Tyres 3000Kms)
Fuel efficiency : 15-16kms/ltr average(on AC, mostly city)
Chassis: Has no big scratch or dent.
Battery: Replaced at 80000kms
Electricals: All the electricals are working fine.
Old 25th March 2010, 23:47   #1532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
I would expect about 90k - 1.1l
Old 26th March 2010, 13:44   #1533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post

I do not know where gods good earth is , but here in gods own country you can get 1.2-1.5 for your car.

Pramod
Old 26th March 2010, 13:52   #1534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravchawla View Post
Dear Friends,

I need info on Honda Prelude 1993 (reg 1997), S version.

DL number, 2nd owner, red color, very good exterior and neat interiors (all switches working fine)

1. What should be the price!
2. Spares availability and price!
3. What is the fuel consumption!
4. Overall maintenance cost!

Thanks for your valuable feedback.

Regards
Gaurav
1. Pay as little as possible, say 2-3 Lakhs.
2. All Honda spares can be made available, it wont be off the shelf though.
3. Why worry about that.
4. Should not be much if the car is in good condition overall.
Old 26th March 2010, 16:33   #1535
BANNED

I was thinking of picking up an early Ford Fiesta (1.4 or 1.6), changing the front end to the new type and adding the S bodykit and alloys. How much will I get an Fiesta for? Also what will be the cost of the kit.
Old 28th March 2010, 18:31   #1536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
I do not know where gods good earth is , but here in gods own country you can get 1.2-1.5 for your car.

Pramod

Aaha, then I shall sell it to the gods only!. After all my little Alto requires a good home.
Old 28th March 2010, 21:10   #1537

How much can I get for an Honda Accord VTiL (Elegance) Auto - 10,800 Kms

Hi all,

Need to sell my car. What price can I expect from the market?
I have done some calculations would like your expertise on what you think is a fair price.

Make: Honda Model: Accord Description: 2008 Accord 2.4L VTiL (Sebring Silver Colour)
Automatic Transmission, PETROL.

Only 10,300 Kilometers done.

Date of Manufacture: August 2008
Date of Registration: September 2008

First owner. Self driven (never driven by anyone else but owner).

Accident free.

Two years warranty with Honda remaining. Complete service history from Honda showroom.

Special edition with Sunroof.
Has Xenon White HID Lights for Normal Lights and High beam.

Reverse Camera (VERY USEFUL for a car of this size).
Has Shatter proof Windows.

Your advice in this matter would help me loads.
Attached Thumbnails
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-front-2.jpg  

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-front.jpg  

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-rear.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th March 2010 at 23:18. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread. Thanks
Old 29th March 2010, 11:23   #1538
mkh
Senior - BHPian

I have a friend selling the Honda City, 2008 model.
This is a GXI and has run 22,500 kms
I wanted to know from folks what are the pros and cons of this car? I somehow never liked the shape much but i guess it was a high seller in spite of the odd design.
I saw that the clutch was really hard on the car( as per my standards) so may need some work to make it softer. The car is in decent condition.
The price expected is about 6.5 lacs, which is high i know but i can negotiate. What is the fair price and is it a good buy?
The car has only alloys, no ABS , Airbags or Auto Climate Control. If one wants to buy a car that has low maintenance, easy to drive in the city and decent comfort, is this worth it? I have a Verna and compared to it, would like to know if its a better car on these parameters( tho my car has ACC, ABS). Kindly help me with some data.
Thanks in advance
Old 29th March 2010, 11:35   #1539
Senior - BHPian

@Mkh- I think 6-6.25 lacs should be the maximum you should quote for it. One more question - Is it a replacement for Verna? NHC scores highly on practicality. If you need a sedan with good space, city driving , good FE look no further. But its highway manners and life less steering are a turn off.
Old 29th March 2010, 15:44   #1540
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
@Mkh- I think 6-6.25 lacs should be the maximum you should quote for it. One more question - Is it a replacement for Verna? NHC scores highly on practicality. If you need a sedan with good space, city driving , good FE look no further. But its highway manners and life less steering are a turn off.
I have a relative who is asking me for the verna- cing the immaculate condition and also he likes a car that can be driven sedately with great service and support. I am thinking to c if economics work out and can exchange cause i really did not find the looks and the interiors that great of the NHC. But for that, i needed to know if the city is worth( some major highlights). I am missing ABS( which is v imp since this car will be used whenever we go on highways) and ACC. I have got the same feedback in the last couple of days, its pick up, engine power and response are good only for a city drive.(NHC)
How about maintenance costs? Have heard that Honda r little on the higher side?
Also the clutch feels a little hard, is this a known problem to happen?
Old 29th March 2010, 16:11   #1541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
I have got the same feedback in the last couple of days, its pick up, engine power and response are good only for a city drive.(NHC)
How about maintenance costs? Have heard that Honda r little on the higher side?
Also the clutch feels a little hard, is this a known problem to happen?
Overall Honda's maintenance is good, i would nt say its cheap. I have an ANHC and i had just done 10k service for Rs.2615. I have not come across anyone complaining of clutch being hard in NHC. Check it with the Honda dealer before proceeding further.
Old 29th March 2010, 17:51   #1542
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Overall Honda's maintenance is good, i would nt say its cheap. I have an ANHC and i had just done 10k service for Rs.2615. I have not come across anyone complaining of clutch being hard in NHC. Check it with the Honda dealer before proceeding further.
My last service with verna at 10K costed about 2200, so Honda is not that expensive as ppl claim. I guess its based on driving and maintenance that this is arrived at, how much we end up spending on our car.
The clutch could be hard due to bad usage- riding the clutch etc.
Thanks for the feedback tho
Old 29th March 2010, 18:55   #1543
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
I have a friend selling the Honda City, 2008 model.
Which month?

Quote:
If one wants to buy a car that has low maintenance, easy to drive in the city and decent comfort, is this worth it? I have a
I have a NHC GXi CVT September 2007 model with 47000+ on the odometer. Its last service was at 44909 kms (45000km service) and at that stage the total service costs stood at Rs 24612 which puts it at around Re 0.55 per km when calculated at 44909 km.

Cannot comment on the clutch as mine is an automatic. The seating is definitely at a higher plane, more spacious and comfortable than it would be in the Verna. The AC too is good, though I am not familiar with the Verna AC as I just have memories from a short TD long long back, that too at night!

The braking is good and mine is still with the OEM pads. In NH47 where this car does duty, the sppeds are well within 70km and it is fine.
Old 29th March 2010, 22:08   #1544
BHPian

Dear mkh,

My 2 cents :

Firstly, Pls go through the below link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...ml#post1794694

Secondly, I just bought a used Accent recently and also have a i10, and on comparison with NHC, i find the NHC to be far more relaxed, composed, comfortable, poised and luxurious than either,

As compared to Verna, first and foremost difference that you would notice is the handling, The horror stories that I have read about Verna's handling do not even exist with the NHC, even when it is a claimed puny 77 bhp engine and non-ABS brakes. Mind you, even though on paper 77 bhp feels way short of 100+ of verna, but the torque and the rev-happy highly refined engine of NHC is far more advanced than the Verna, plus the gearing characteristics are just great.

Second major difference is the quality of Interiors, I presume, NHC has far more better and luxurious interiors than Verna.

In my 97K with the NHC, it never felt light engined or strained ever and I have constantly done more than 140+ in terms of high speed, driven with 6 persons on board, full booted luggage (typical Indian family which likes to take all the home while going on a Holiday),

I have even driven it non-stop for more than 650 kms on a stretch and did not feel tired even once. It has done duty to take a full family of 5 from Delhi to Manali non-stop with full luggage and did not fluttered even once,

People might say that I abused my car, I agree but only to some extent, I really cared about her like my dream, it was actually a dream to own this baby, I got her serviced after each 5K, wheel balancing and alignment was always done on time without any delay, the interiors were dry-cleaned regularly although I always drove with AC, even in Manali/Shimla (kudos to my Mother for this as she cannot sit inside a car without AC).

Even after 5 years and 97K on the odo, she felt new to the brim and was speck free and off-course dent free, I had always got the bumpers replaced as they were very prone to bruises and cuts in our famous Delhi traffic.

All in all, I would definitely recommend the NHC to anyone who is looking for a nice family car, for enthusiast drivers aiming for 100+ BHP, may be they should stay away from this and aim for the ANHC.

P.S. - I dont have much idea about the Bangalore used car Market, but it seems 6.25L is a good amount provided the car is in decent condition, I got my 2003 Accent for 2.45L in Bangalore including Insurance till Mar 2011 and sold off my 2005 NHC for 3.25L in Gurgaon last month to a dealer and just got the news that fellow sold it further for 3.8L.

Also, You already have my number, call me for any more details required on this,

Last edited by shantanumishra : 29th March 2010 at 22:18.
Old 29th March 2010, 23:55   #1545
BHPian

Guys, asking this on behalf of a close friend. He is the first owner of a 2001 Santro (no idea about the variant) that has power steering, power windows and has run 80K kms. A 12kg CNG kit from an govt approved shop was installed a year ago and the RC has been updated with the info. Left door and fender repainted by a Hyundai workshop due to a minor accident. All service records are available and there are no major dents on the body except for the usual minor scrapes and scratches.
The engine is very strong mechanically on both petrol as well as CNG and the interior is in very good condition.

How much can he expect? People are offering pretty low values of 80k-1.1L but he thinks he could get a bit more.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks