Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2010, 11:09   #1576
BANNED

Price quote for Ikon 1.6

Hi I am selling my Ikon 1.6 ZXI (2002) moondust silver here in delhi. Its suspension has to be changed after 6 months-1 year & will cost anywhere between 20K-25K

Other than that the car is in mint condition with very few superficial scratches.

I am the first owner & this car has done only 62000 kms.(there was a typo of 80K kms in a thread of mine actually its 62000 kms only)

The car is in stock condition with no modifications done. Also about 4000-5000 kms ago i got brand new Michelin XM1+ fitted on this car.

Please advise on what price i should sell this.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 14th April 2010 at 11:13.
Old 14th April 2010, 11:16   #1577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
I have been quoted Rs. 5l for a NHC ZX VTEC 2006, 50k on the odo. Is this a good price? Service records are available, what should I check for? How much would a new ZX VTEC have cost at the time of its sale in Hyderabad
A new NHC ZX Vtec would have been around 9-10 L at that time.
Now since it is 5 year old car and lot of NHC Vtecs around, it price should be around 4.5 - 5 L. Check for the usual accidents, sctraches overall drivability. Take a mechanic along and if you find it good, close the deal.
Old 14th April 2010, 12:47   #1578
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, i sold my Zen 2000 LX for 1,05,000. Thanks guys for giving me proper valuation and response.
Old 14th April 2010, 16:38   #1579
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Any Idea on how much should one pay for a Fiesta SXI 2008 run about 20k Kms? Carwale says about 5.5 lacs but that is not considering that now for Fiesta they are giving away major discounts. GTO posted a deal of around 5 lacs for a 1 year old car, maybe a really despo seller, but what is a fair price for this one?
Old 17th April 2010, 22:44   #1580
lsp
BHPian

Checked out a 2005 Santro XS today. Top model, 4 power windows, rear defogger, fog lights, central locking, aftermarket alloy wheels, with almost 54k on the odo.

Seller was expecting 2.3L. The alloy wheels had abrasions all over and the clutch was slipping. The car body was clean or superbly done up.

I just cdnt get myself to think about buying it and gave it a slip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Any known used car dealer with reference in Gurgaon? Need to buy an i10 or Santro urgently.
Mukesh ji, You could check Hyundai Advantage at Safdarjung Hyundai, udyog Vihar Phase 4, though last week they didn't have a single hatchback when I checked.
Old 18th April 2010, 13:44   #1581
Senior - BHPian

Need to know urgently.

Getting an i10 1.2 Kappa Magna from a reputed dealer with an assurance that not a single panel has been painted.

Sep-2009, 12,000 kms. insurance upto Sep, 2010. 2 Free service done, one remaining. Gurgaon (HR-26) number.

Accessories - Art Leather seat covers, remote locking, very basic Sony CD player.

Asking price: 3.6 L, final negotiated price: 3.52 L.

Is it a good deal?

If yes, what should I check in it? And if needs to be taken to Hyundai Service Centre, what is the procedure to get it checked there? Don't mind paying for that also.

Any known contacts Gurgaon Hyundai's A.S.S. ???

Thanks guys.

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 18th April 2010 at 13:45.
Old 18th April 2010, 14:11   #1582
BHPian

Hey, i came across this Corolla Altis June 2009 Top Model 7000 on the ODO, in the Classifieds for Delhi Asking Price 8.25 Lakhs, also went to check out the car, but the car was all Creeky at the Doors and the Front Bumper was severely misaligned, i loved the car but am very apprehensive about the car given the above issues, Please suggest what could be the reason for the above and are these serious issues.

have verified that the on Road Price for the Model in Question in delhi is 13.87 Lakhs.

PS- All you people from Delhi NCR must have come across this Advert in HT & TOI since last week
Old 18th April 2010, 15:01   #1583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Need to know urgently.

Getting an i10 1.2 Kappa Magna from a reputed dealer with an assurance that not a single panel has been painted.

Sep-2009, 12,000 kms. insurance upto Sep, 2010. 2 Free service done, one remaining. Gurgaon (HR-26) number.

Accessories - Art Leather seat covers, remote locking, very basic Sony CD player.

Asking price: 3.6 L, final negotiated price: 3.52 L.

Is it a good deal?

If yes, what should I check in it? And if needs to be taken to Hyundai Service Centre, what is the procedure to get it checked there? Don't mind paying for that also.

Any known contacts Gurgaon Hyundai's A.S.S. ???

Thanks guys.
Hi Mukesh,

The price for once seems to be a bit on the higher side, carwale mentions a similar car between INR 266500-313000, you can negotiate a lot here, tell him a price at around 3.25 L, btw, in case you can let me know the dealer name (maybe i can find some acquintance). PM me if neccesary

Regarding taking it to Hyundai A.S.S, I have a contact named Manoj in Orion Hyundai Dealership, (I bought my white i10 Era in May 2009 from him last year), you may contact him, (seems I lost his cell no.) you may mention Mr. Mishra to him and he should be able to assist you, meanwhile, i will try and locate his cell no.

Also, you will not face any problems in getting the car checked, I also got my Accent checked in bangalore before buying and they did not charge anything for this.
Old 18th April 2010, 15:06   #1584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpit View Post
Hey, i came across this Corolla Altis June 2009 Top Model 7000 on the ODO, in the Classifieds for Delhi Asking Price 8.25 Lakhs, also went to check out the car, but the car was all Creeky at the Doors and the Front Bumper was severely misaligned, i loved the car but am very apprehensive about the car given the above issues, Please suggest what could be the reason for the above and are these serious issues.

have verified that the on Road Price for the Model in Question in delhi is 13.87 Lakhs.

PS- All you people from Delhi NCR must have come across this Advert in HT & TOI since last week
I would say check the vehicle history from Toyota service centre, they will easily let you know the details, get the complete history including all services, accident case and all visits. Each and every visit to any Toyota service centre is documented and recorded in a central database.

The price seems to be a very low indicating it may be a accidental car, It is not even an year old vehicle and the depreciation is way too low for this.
Old 18th April 2010, 15:27   #1585
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Shantanu for sharing the information.

Also what should be the fair value of the GETZ on Team-BHP classified:
Team-BHP Classifieds - GETZ GLX with ABS Alloys 2008 "price reduced" - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

Spoke to the seller and planning to see it tomorrow. Car is registered in his compay's name and he will get everything clear. No accessories, ICE has been taken out of the car.

He is quoting 3.20 L and open to small negotiations.
Old 18th April 2010, 17:13   #1586
BHPian

Fair Mkt Value for Swift VXI

Hello Friends,

Is Rs 4 lacs a good purchasing price for Swift VXI (Mar-09 model) which has clocked 6000 kms ? I am yet to check the car though.

Regards
Old 18th April 2010, 22:58   #1587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
I would say check the vehicle history from Toyota service centre, they will easily let you know the details, get the complete history including all services, accident case and all visits. Each and every visit to any Toyota service centre is documented and recorded in a central database.
Tried this, Uttam Toyota says that this car has never visited their Workshop and Galaxy Toyota says that they cannot share their customer information with anyone,

Quote:
The price seems to be a very low indicating it may be a accidental car, It is not even an year old vehicle and the depreciation is way too low for this.

My thoughts exactly, but the owner denies the car from ever being involved in a major accidents, and the low price is because he is in urgent need for cash, and doesn't need the car.
Old 18th April 2010, 23:13   #1588
BHPian

Quote:
Tried this, Uttam Toyota says that this car has never visited their Workshop and Galaxy Toyota says that they cannot share their customer information with anyone,
Ask the Uttam Toyota guys to enter the car's registration no in their service application and it will throw up results even if it the car has never visited them, simply because all the data related to any car is maintained centrally by Toyota themselves and the dealers have just an application which connects to this database.

Not just Toyota but A.S.S of all manufacturers have to neccesarily follow similar practice while maintaining service records.

As far as Galaxy Toyota is concerned, tell them the whole situation and they should be ready to tell you the details, give them the bait of future service from them or whatever you feel is OK, or better if possible take the car to them and ask them to thoroughly check the care and its history as you are thinking of buying it, I can assure you that will deny you.

Quote:
My thoughts exactly, but the owner denies the car from ever being involved in a major accidents, and the low price is because he is in urgent need for cash, and doesn't need the car.
He seems to be hiding the actual facts as whatever may be the case, he can still get a lot better deal than the price he is asking for if the car is alright.

BTW, why dont you try the used cars in Toyota showrooms itself, many Toyota Dealers in NCR deal in used Toyota cars.
Old 18th April 2010, 23:23   #1589
BHPian

Quote:
Ask the Uttam Toyota guys to enter the car's registration no in their service application and it will throw up results even if it the car has never visited them, simply because all the data related to any car is maintained centrally by Toyota themselves and the dealers have just an application which connects to this database.
Asked them the same but they say that there is no such system, in fact they dont even have the database to their own other branches.

Quote:
BTW, why dont you try the used cars in Toyota showrooms itself, many Toyota Dealers in NCR deal in used Toyota cars.
Tried this and found one Altis with Galaxy toyota, Demo car, end 2008, 46000 on the ODO, and the best part is the asking price of 11 lakhs,

anyway i wont give up this easy, still on the lookout for a good vehicle.
Old 18th April 2010, 23:24   #1590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Avoid the car, would be my suggestion. I drive a Santro that's now more than 6 years old, was drowned in the Mumbai floods of 2005 July and refurbished. You won't recognize it has undergone six years and a major flood. If the car has done just 7K and has all these flaws, either it has been involved in some accident or the owner has neglected it like a wife. Either ways you can get a better deal someplace else.

Also if the dealers are being unhelpful, you can directly ask the owner for the servicing records, receipts etc. Also you can check with the insurance company to find out if any major claims have been lodged by the owner.

Last edited by honeybee : 18th April 2010 at 23:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks