Distinguished - BHPian

Price Check

Please let me know the price I can expect for,

Car: Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXi Duratec Petrol with ABS
Month-Year of Registration: Dec-2009
Kms Done: 4000
Old 9th May 2010, 00:43   #1622
BHPian

What price should I quote for a 2007 Indigo LS TDi, 26K kms done, in Trivandrum, Kerala. Single owner, sparingly used car (office trip only, self-driven, no passengers). Owner has a habit of changing cars after two years, no matter how many kms done.

Owner is asking for 3 lacs. Enquiries suggest that the running rate for a 2007 model Indigo is 2.5 lacs here.
Old 9th May 2010, 01:37   #1623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
What price should I quote for a 2007 Indigo LS TDi, 26K kms done, in Trivandrum, Kerala. Single owner, sparingly used car (office trip only, self-driven, no passengers). Owner has a habit of changing cars after two years, no matter how many kms done.

Owner is asking for 3 lacs. Enquiries suggest that the running rate for a 2007 model Indigo is 2.5 lacs here.

If you think that the car is in pristine condition and that everything about the car and the seller is trustworthy, don't mind paying a slight premium. And IMO its better dealing directly with the owner as used car dealers are quite efficient in passing off a lemon as a well mantained car.

Also, haggle the seller a bit, he might reduce it.
If your still not sure, look else where for better luck.

Regards.
Old 9th May 2010, 08:26   #1624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
If you think that the car is in pristine condition and that everything about the car and the seller is trustworthy, don't mind paying a slight premium. And IMO its better dealing directly with the owner as used car dealers are quite efficient in passing off a lemon as a well mantained car.

Also, haggle the seller a bit, he might reduce it.
If your still not sure, look else where for better luck.

Regards.
I'm going to see the car today. It was the 'friendly neighbourhood second hand car broker' who informed me of this vehicle, but I'm not too troubled as the car is still with the owner, and I intend to have it looked over by my mechanic before making any deal.

The car is still under finance. I'm supposed to go to the finance company, check and clear the loan with the, and pay the rest to the guy. IMO, that's always better if you're taking a car still under finance. If you pay the owner and he doesn't pay off the finance company, big trouble.
Old 9th May 2010, 19:40   #1625
BHPian

Asking this question on behalf of my neighborhood uncle, he is getting a Maruti 800 (2000 model) for Rs.60,000 He was asking me if to go for it or not. Just wanted views of t-bhp members too on this

About the car:
Never seen highways, only run in small town
Never repainted, original paint
Always serviced at MASS regularly
All tires recently changed
Run only 28000 km
Reason for sale is that owner wants a new bigger car.
Old 10th May 2010, 02:57   #1626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
Asking this question on behalf of my neighborhood uncle, he is getting a Maruti 800 (2000 model) for Rs.60,000 He was asking me if to go for it or not. Just wanted views of t-bhp members too on this

About the car:
Never seen highways, only run in small town
Never repainted, original paint
Always serviced at MASS regularly
All tires recently changed
Run only 28000 km
Reason for sale is that owner wants a new bigger car.
First of all, is it MPFI or carb model? If it is the carb model, then be prepared for lower mileage and performance. Also check if the car has stood idle for a long time. In that case, the fuel and brake system will suffer. If the car has been serviced only at MASS, then check the service records to validate odo reading.

The M800 is one of the most unsafe cars now sold in India, and also one of the most basic. Have your uncle test drive at least an Alto before deciding. My friends's father was adamant that an 800 was all the car he needed until I convinced him to take a TD on an Alto - that was five years ago, he still loves that car. I own an 800, but I stopped recommending it to anyone after the Alto came out.
Old 10th May 2010, 09:45   #1627
BHPian

I wish I could explain this to him vivekgk! He is just intend to buy an 800 either this one or any other (probably heard a lot of good about 800 from mechanics). Or maybe due to budget restrictions he is looking for 800.

This model is carb. one
Old 10th May 2010, 16:00   #1628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
I wish I could explain this to him vivekgk! He is just intend to buy an 800 either this one or any other (probably heard a lot of good about 800 from mechanics). Or maybe due to budget restrictions he is looking for 800.

This model is carb. one
If he is adamant about getting an 800, tell him to find an MPFI model. It will only cost a little extra, and it's worth every bit of it. A big problem is that the good carb tuners are all but impossible to find. And tuning affects everything from performance to FE.

800s are not that hard to find. Tell him to wait for a good MPFI model (preferably a 5-speed one - the only 800 worth having other than the old SS80). Let the carb model go. Just not worth the trouble.
Old 13th May 2010, 16:22   #1629
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

I'm in the market for a Civic. Initially I was only interested in purchasing a new car but the recent price hikes and GTO's excellent experience and thread on lateral upgrades has convinced me to shop around for used Civics.

I rang up Auto Terrace (in Hyderabad) and got to know that a 2008 V M/T with 27k kms on the odo, single-owned, is available with the seller asking for 10 lacs (negotiable). I think the car's not yet been given to Auto Terrace (which was why the guy said "my customer has a car he wishes to sell"). I'm definitely interested in checking out the car, but wanted to run a price check first.

I know that used car prices are higher in Hyderabad than in, say, Mumbai or Delhi, but I think 8.5 lacs is more like it for this particular car. What do you think?

Thanks in advance, all!

Regards,
Spadix
Old 13th May 2010, 16:35   #1630
Team-BHP Support

Take 20% depreciation per year in value, for a petrol car in the Honda Civic segment.

Check the on road price of this particular model - could be around Rs. 13 - 14 Lacs I think. So for a 2 year old car, an asking price of Rs. 10 lacs seems to be fair.

Since the car has run around 27,000 kms (which is above average in my opinion), you might be able to snag this one for around Rs. 9.75 lacs.
Old 13th May 2010, 16:48   #1631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Take 20% depreciation per year in value, for a petrol car in the Honda Civic segment.
Thanks a lot for your reply, smartcat!

I agree with your approach, and with precisely this approach I've arrived at 8.75 (14 * 0.8 * 0.8 = 8.96 and since 27k in 2 years is a little above average for Hyderabad, I've rounded it down). I've taken a round two years for depreciation calculation since we're anyway near the halfway point in 2010 and I didn't find out the exact month of manufacture.

If I take the OTR price in 2008 as 13 the depreciated value is even less (obviously).

It seems to me that the seller has factored in a 15% Y-on-Y depreciation (14 * 0.85 * 0.85 = 10.12). Now that depends on the TD and inspection.

Regards,
Spadix
Old 13th May 2010, 17:15   #1632
Team-BHP Support

From what I've seen on used car websites, yes, diesel cars like Laura depreciate at around 15% per year.

No rule as such though - just looking at the averages.
Old 14th May 2010, 11:04   #1633
BHPian

Posting on behalf of a friend....

Car: Hyundai Getz
Year: 2004
Model: 1.3 GLS
33K Kms clocks/ Single owner/ Service history available from Hyundai used car dealership with 1 year warranty in Hyderabad.

Is this a good buy @ 270.000?
Old 14th May 2010, 11:40   #1634
BHPian

Nobody????

**BUMP**
Old 14th May 2010, 11:59   #1635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Posting on behalf of a friend....

Car: Hyundai Getz
Year: 2004
Model: 1.3 GLS
33K Kms clocks/ Single owner/ Service history available from Hyundai used car dealership with 1 year warranty in Hyderabad.

Is this a good buy @ 270.000?
In Chandigarh i saw a Getz 2006 model for 2.60 with alloy wheels so its on a higher side Getz doesn't have many takers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks