Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2010, 14:40   #1741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr_007 View Post
1.6 S costs only 7.25 on road in chennai. If the owner is asking for 7 for a car that is one year old and run 20,000 KMs is costly.

If you can bring it down to 5 to 5.25 then it is good price, not more than that.
I think the 'S' cost around 7.7 on road in Chennai, our team-bhpian Gilead brought it for around this price with some discounts.
Old 31st May 2010, 17:06   #1742
BHPian

When I asked 6 to 7 months back they quoted that price. It was with the corporate discount I got in addition to the regular discount.
Old 31st May 2010, 18:21   #1743
Senior - BHPian

Chevy Captiva price

Guys,

I am looking to add a new 'old' vehicle to my stables. Although my budget may or may not permit, my heart is stuck on to an SUV. The only 'urban' and 'diesel' SUV that seems to fit the bill is Chevy CAPTIVA.

Now, I will look to buy this guy around Dec '10 or Jan '11. What do you believe will be a good price for a 2.5 yr old (say May- June '08) CAPTIVA in New Delhi?
Right now I am doing a feasibility survey!

PS: Please respond with some realistic figures and not wild guesses.
Old 1st June 2010, 14:18   #1744
BHPian

used civic / octavia at 11 lacs? (in bangalore)

I am trying to buy a used sedan in Bangalore and came across the following deals and would like to know whether it is worth considering them.

1. Used Honda civic 1.8 V, Feb 2008, ran 9000 Kms - quoted price is 11 lacs. (new car price is 15.5 lacs OTR bangalore)

2. Used octavia 1.9 TDI, Feb 2010, ran 5000 Kms - quoted price is 11 lacs. (new car price is 14.7 lacs OTR bangalore)
Old 1st June 2010, 22:22   #1745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassanks View Post
I am trying to buy a used sedan in Bangalore and came across the following deals and would like to know whether it is worth considering them.

1. Used Honda civic 1.8 V, Feb 2008, ran 9000 Kms - quoted price is 11 lacs. (new car price is 15.5 lacs OTR bangalore)

2. Used octavia 1.9 TDI, Feb 2010, ran 5000 Kms - quoted price is 11 lacs. (new car price is 14.7 lacs OTR bangalore)
Civic , since she is more than 2 years old, I guess she should fare around for 9-9.5
Octavia , is that the bs3 engine? anyways the price seems tempting for a few months old car considering the on road price is 3.7 lacs more.

Hey guys a friend found out about this Honda accord may 2009.
Mint condition, Chandigarh registration, 10000kms, tafeta white colour.
what do you think is the best price for this car?

Last edited by v12 : 5th June 2010 at 16:43.
Old 1st June 2010, 22:31   #1746
BHPian

I've come across 2 Skoda's, need help in finding out resonable prices for the same.

1. Skoda Octavia Ambiente 2004, done approx 50k.

2. Skoda Octavia L&K 2004 done 70k.
Old 1st June 2010, 23:15   #1747
BHPian

ohc vtec 02

folks,

Yesterday came across a OHC vtec in bnglr - rare breed as far as atleast bangalore is concerned I know for sure.

This was a 2002 model, done 60k km, second owner but unfortunately with a dealer. I just was passing through sony world junction, got to see the rare machine the good old ohc vtec. Immediately I recollected what my bhpian friend told me earlier. look out for cars that have come for sale in used car dealers. Maybe if you are lucky, get hold of owner and settle for 1-2k more than whatever ughly figure the dealer would have quote.

Unfortunately owner was not there. With my curiosity never ending, I went to dealer and asked.

2002 model, done 60k km, second owner - 4.5 lakh-something nego. Car was navy blue (dark) in color, glossy like anything, sure they would have polished it. Just minor scratches...that's it. If I get i for somewhat 4 lakh, is that a good deal. Hope these guys have not toyed with mileage and odo. I will defenitely look for service records and also get a mechanic. I just want to know what could be the right price.

rgrds
prsn
Old 1st June 2010, 23:55   #1748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
I've come across 2 Skoda's, need help in finding out resonable prices for the same.

1. Skoda Octavia Ambiente 2004, done approx 50k.

2. Skoda Octavia L&K 2004 done 70k.
1.maybe around 4
2.maybe around 4.5
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:53   #1749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
How much should i expect for my 8yr old alto which is in good running condition
Model: Alto LX
Color: White
Bought: Oct 2002
Mileage done: 1,17,000
Tyre: Michellin Tubeless Tires (Mileage on Tyres 3000Kms)
Fuel efficiency : 15-16kms/ltr average(on AC, mostly city)
Chassis: Has no big scratch or dent.
Battery: Replaced at 80000kms
Electricals: All the electricals are working fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
I would expect about 90k - 1.1l
Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
I do not know where gods good earth is , but here in gods own country you can get 1.2-1.5 for your car.

Pramod
Finally sold it for 1.25lakhs
Old 2nd June 2010, 12:42   #1750
Senior - BHPian

Respond Junta

Quote:
Guys,

I am looking to add a new 'old' vehicle to my stables. Although my budget may or may not permit, my heart is stuck on to an SUV. The only 'urban' and 'diesel' SUV that seems to fit the bill is Chevy CAPTIVA.

Now, I will look to buy this guy around Dec '10 or Jan '11. What do you believe will be a good price for a 2.5 yr old (say May- June '08) CAPTIVA in New Delhi?

PS: Please respond with some realistic figures and not wild guesses.
There seems to be no response to this!! I don't know if there are better sources to look. Jaago..

f
Quote:
olks,

Yesterday came across a OHC vtec in bnglr - rare breed as far as atleast bangalore is concerned I know for sure.

This was a 2002 model, done 60k km, second owner but unfortunately with a dealer. I just was passing through sony world junction, got to see the rare machine the good old ohc vtec. Immediately I recollected what my bhpian friend told me earlier. look out for cars that have come for sale in used car dealers. Maybe if you are lucky, get hold of owner and settle for 1-2k more than whatever ughly figure the dealer would have quote.

Unfortunately owner was not there. With my curiosity never ending, I went to dealer and asked.

2002 model, done 60k km, second owner - 4.5 lakh-something nego. Car was navy blue (dark) in color, glossy like anything, sure they would have polished it. Just minor scratches...that's it. If I get i for somewhat 4 lakh, is that a good deal. Hope these guys have not toyed with mileage and odo. I will defenitely look for service records and also get a mechanic. I just want to know what could be the right price.

rgrds
prsn
That's an awfully high price for a car ( no matter how good it is) that is 8 yrs old. Bangalore is:

1) Ridiculous second hand prices. Apart from the high entry point, most sellers simply 'think' they should get more for the car. Some buyers oblige high prices as well so I can't blame them for charging high.

2) Obsessed with OHC VTECs. I am a Delhiite and have been to Mumbai. I have not seen such craze for OHC VTEC in any other city.

Keeping 'Bangy' factors in mind, you may want to try to negotiate to 3.25 or so. Start from 3 though. Anything more, will be an overkill.
Old 2nd June 2010, 13:09   #1751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
That's an awfully high price for a car ( no matter how good it is) that is 8 yrs old. Bangalore is:

1) Ridiculous second hand prices. Apart from the high entry point, most sellers simply 'think' they should get more for the car. Some buyers oblige high prices as well so I can't blame them for charging high.

2) Obsessed with OHC VTECs. I am a Delhiite and have been to Mumbai. I have not seen such craze for OHC VTEC in any other city.

Keeping 'Bangy' factors in mind, you may want to try to negotiate to 3.25 or so. Start from 3 though. Anything more, will be an overkill.
I agree, The price is way too high even if it is a OHC VTEC,

Even if you can pay this exhorbitant amount, remember, this will even worsen the Bangalore situation, one reason why people ask for such high prices is because there are people ready to pay.

I think 3 - 3.25L is the max that you should offer, anything above that you will just start ruining the second hand market.

P.S. - No offences to anyone. The above are just my views.
Old 3rd June 2010, 10:46   #1752
BHPian

guys

i'm still confused. my heart says go for used skoda while mind and reviews here says avoid it. in my hunt i've come across 2 skoda l&k both are 2005 model and around 40k to 45k. reuest you to help me with the price which will be a good value for these car. i know that service and spares cost will be high hence in fix.
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:39   #1753
Senior - BHPian

CAPTIVA query re oteration

Quote:
Guys,

PS: Please respond with some realistic figures and not wild guesses.]

No responses????
Old 4th June 2010, 10:38   #1754
BHPian

Skoda Sale

Looks like some company can be Skoda itself has sold a large nos. of Fabia's & Octavia's. All these cars looks to be in good condition.

At Mahindra Firstchoice - Goregaon there are at least 10 Fabia's & more octavia's all MH20 registered and looks quite new. When asked the sales Person said they have picked up a huge qty of cars from Aurangabad.
Old 4th June 2010, 10:48   #1755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
Looks like some company can be Skoda itself has sold a large nos. of Fabia's & Octavia's. All these cars looks to be in good condition.

At Mahindra Firstchoice - Goregaon there are at least 10 Fabia's & more octavia's all MH20 registered and looks quite new. When asked the sales Person said they have picked up a huge qty of cars from Aurangabad.
It can also Aurangabad Electricals Ltd, Last I heard, they probably were closing their plants early this year

Most Viewed