Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2010, 21:58   #1786
BHPian

Hiren - The car really looks good from the photos. A picture is sure worth a thousand words. And this indeed is the S MT. Didn't know it came in only the S trim in 2006. Get the technicals checked from Honda and snap it up if all is well.

Don't compromise on getting it checked though. Ask the technician to check the paint as well to ascertain if any denting/painting job has been undertaken. Also check the insurance for NCB. If this is indeed non-accidental the NCB should be around 50%.

Last edited by Cesc : 7th June 2010 at 22:13.
Old 7th June 2010, 22:07   #1787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
Hiren - The car really looks good from the photos. A picture is sure worth a thousand bucks. And this indeed is the S MT. Didn't know it came in only the S trim in 2006. Get the technicals checked from Honda and snap it up if all is well.

Don't compromise on getting it checked though. Ask the technician to check the paint as well to ascertain if any denting/painting job has been undertaken. Also check the insurance for NCB. If this is indeed non-accidental the NCB should be around 50%.
It does na! I am not sure about the trim, there might well be a V model, but I am happy with this.

I am getting the car checked tomorrow. Hope it gets a clean bill of health. I will be asking them to check the engine, suspension, brakes and accident damage.

Hope this should provide me with all the answers.

Thanks
Old 7th June 2010, 22:54   #1788
BHPian

7 lacs is maximum you can offer for 2006 civic.if it is a dealer car please check the service history.99% of the cars are clocked!
Old 7th June 2010, 22:56   #1789
BHPian

i think the rear bumper is repainted.
Old 8th June 2010, 08:42   #1790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
7 lacs is maximum you can offer for 2006 civic.if it is a dealer car please check the service history.99% of the cars are clocked!
It is a dealer hence getting it checked at Solitaire Honda today. I only hope that this one is not clocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
i think the rear bumper is repainted.
Really? What makes you say this?
Old 8th June 2010, 10:23   #1791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Really? What makes you say this?
From the picture, there seems to be a difference in the shade of colour between the body and the rear bumper. The shade is a perfect match betwwen the body and front bumper. Even if the rear bumper has been replaced/repainted, don't read much into it as long as the body panels and chassis of the car are in perfect nick. You can't expect a car running in Mumbai to not have got a kiss in 4 years unless its been parked most of its time.

Last edited by longhorn : 8th June 2010 at 10:26.
Old 8th June 2010, 10:49   #1792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
From the picture, there seems to be a difference in the shade of colour between the body and the rear bumper. The shade is a perfect match betwwen the body and front bumper. Even if the rear bumper has been replaced/repainted, don't read much into it as long as the body panels and chassis of the car are in perfect nick. You can't expect a car running in Mumbai to not have got a kiss in 4 years unless its been parked most of its time.
You guys got good eyes, I still cannot see any difference.
Might be my crappy camera phone though.

But, yes cars in Bombay cannot escape the kiss of death from rickshaws, cycles, bikes et al.

Thanks
Old 8th June 2010, 13:33   #1793
BHPian

accord 2007 MT

Dear Friends,

Has any one checked this accord at carwale!
Used 2007 Honda Accord 2.4 VTi-L MT for sale in New Delhi - Profile Id : D227205 - CarWale.com

Details:
Dec-2007Kms Done : 32,200Color : BRONZEPrice : Rs.10,75,000/
Delhi - 1st owner

Dealer is Mahindra first choice (Karol Bagh)

Thanks for your comments on the asking price!

Regards
Gaurav
Old 8th June 2010, 19:36   #1794
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys
I am in two minds whether to keep my Tata Safari or trade it for another car maybe a pre-owned Honda Civic

What is a reasonable price I can expect. Details as under

TATA SAFARI
4X2
EX 2.2 DiCOR VTT
November 2007 (one of the initial 2.2 dicors)

Accessories
Company Installed alloys
Reverse Camera with screen
Extended warranty valid till November 2011
Full Insurance with 20% NCB
Timely serviced at TASS no issues
Old 8th June 2010, 22:46   #1795
BHPian

get me out of here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
Hi prsnck,

I understand that second car prices in Bangalore are a lot more than the rest of India and coupled with the high demand of OHC Vtec, owners for sure ask for the sky, but this is a 9 year old car (OK its a OHC VTEC, but still a 9 year old machine),

I am sure Road Tax in Karnataka at that time would have been much lower than what it is today (I dont have the exact figures), so, in all probability, the owner would have payed much less Road tax and he seems to be just capitalising the charm and the madness for this beauty in Bangalore as well as the Road Tax situation prevailing currently,

If I were you, I would have walked away from the deal in case he is not open to negotiations, remember, it is my Hard earned money and 4L for a 9 year old car is just making the market go berserk with such deals and I would be just making others pay for my madness for the VTEC. Also, the same would also affect me in much more magnitude once I start searching for another vehicle 3-4 years down the line.

BTW, even if you buy it for 4L, I am sure you will not be able to get the same insured for the same amount, IMHO, the max amount that you would be able to insure it would be around 2.5L (considering its a Honda else the IDV would be less than 2L for a sedan, I got my 2003 Accent insured for 2.5L)

Very true my friend.

But there are times when heart says...and mind obeys. So only this obsesession and the hard fact that its rare to get a well maintained OHC, leave OHC vtec aside. Still as you said, mind will look into the M factor, really its my hard earned money.

Also just consider the depreciation for 9 years. However well maintained is it depreciation is depreciation only. Was this vtec would have cost 10.5 lakh in about 2001 in bangalore. Just trying to calculate the depreciation. Its about 62% is it in 9 years. Guys correct me if I am wrong.

What should I do here. Shall I re-quote with 3.25 and tell him its worth 3 lakh and I am just paying premium for all that has been done recently. In about 2 months I missed a similar deal in bhp only and OHC vtec of smiliar mileage and model 2001/II owner sold out for 3.20. What a miss I feel now..!!

But in another way all the services and accessories changed for a car cannot and never should be part of the price of the car. If he has changed tyres and headlights its because is due for change and nothing else. How on earth can he say that all these I have speny on car, so that should be quoted on the price of car !! I feel I should convey all these points to him and make him realise. Thought I feel post all these first here and get the bhpian's response and the way to make a deal out of this. After the expert advice from my bhpian's here..Its really absurd I feel the vtec owner is telling.

Anyway for insure its third party, but I did not look into the IDV. WIll check that too. If its a NCB insure there is something I can gain on that atleast. But is NCB applicable for third party insure.

Another adv is I can still keep it second owner's name both RC and insure. This he has agreed actually, hope so. It should improve the value of car to a large extent, but is a serious risk unless you are an excellent and very safe driver.

Dont worry my bhp friends and fellow motorists, I wont agree to a deal unless I feel its no loss -no profit and will always consider the second hand market and deals like these which kills it.

But to say I am really gone berserk with OHC's and OHC vtecs will be an understatement !! Guys get me a way out of here...
Old 9th June 2010, 12:05   #1796
Senior - BHPian

I have taken the plunge and have bought that 2006 Civic. Finally negotiated to 7.1L. It might a lil bit on the higher side but its a price to pay for a car thats good.

The best part is the car has a clean service history, no accident damage, no insurance claims etc. The car is serviced at Solitaire Honda and I was able to view its full service history when I got the car checked with them.

The car's recently undergone a 20k service (6th May) at 18055 kms and it been barely driven for 400 kms since then, also its been filled with Honda synthetic oil.

Will be getting the car home on Sunday, can't wait till then.

Thanks for all the help fellas.

Cheers
Old 9th June 2010, 13:48   #1797
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hey guys
I am in two minds whether to keep my Tata Safari or trade it for another car maybe a pre-owned Honda Civic

What is a reasonable price I can expect. Details as under

TATA SAFARI
4X2
EX 2.2 DiCOR VTT
November 2007 (one of the initial 2.2 dicors)

Accessories
Company Installed alloys
Reverse Camera with screen
Extended warranty valid till November 2011
Full Insurance with 20% NCB
Timely serviced at TASS no issues
5.5-6.5L through dealers - 6-7 to individuals.

Suggest you keep it at least till warranty lasts.
Old 9th June 2010, 14:10   #1798
Distinguished - BHPian

What would be a reasonable price for a Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI ( Elegance) run 25,000 kms. Grey Color.

Its with Dr.Cars and they are quoting 9.5 Lakhs.
Old 9th June 2010, 14:16   #1799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
What would be a reasonable price for a Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI ( Elegance) run 25,000 kms. Grey Color.

Its with Dr.Cars and they are quoting 9.5 Lakhs.
the pricing also depends on the age of the car and the ownership history too, so kindly mention these details to get a better picture.
Old 9th June 2010, 14:18   #1800
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msaudf View Post
the pricing also depends on the age of the car and the ownership history too, so kindly mention these details to get a better picture.
Saw this car on Dr.Car website.

There are a few pictures and looks in good condition and its a single owner vehicle.

Most Viewed