Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2010, 15:23   #1861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
The car hardly sells. There is a facelifted version coming soon. Also, avoid the 1.6, stick to 1.4s if you really need an Aveo. The 1.6 is hardly entertaining. There is a lot of equipment on offer and its got nice interiors too, but that is it. Look for better cars around. Options are many, right from Dzire to Optra 1.6 and everything in between. Look for a petrol Fiesta too. Both the now axed 1.4 version and the excellent 1.6. Aveo is the last car I'll think of buying in that segment. There are many options which are more Fun to drive, fuel efficient and are more popular.
I've kinda liked the goodies on offer here. The interiors are the best I've seen in this range, and the ride is very comfy. Any particular reason why I should avoid it.
I know the 1.6 is phased out and a new version is coming out, but heck, its a used car I'm buying, and as long as I get service n parts for the next 3-5 yrs, I'm fine with it. Mileage over 10, suits me just fine too.
Anything that I really need to watch out for or that makes this a real bad deal?
Old 13th June 2010, 15:50   #1862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
I've kinda liked the goodies on offer here. The interiors are the best I've seen in this range, and the ride is very comfy. Any particular reason why I should avoid it.
I know the 1.6 is phased out and a new version is coming out, but heck, its a used car I'm buying, and as long as I get service n parts for the next 3-5 yrs, I'm fine with it. Mileage over 10, suits me just fine too.
Anything that I really need to watch out for or that makes this a real bad deal?

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with the Aveo as such. Like both of us pointed out that it has got very nice interiors and good equipment, but primarily that is all the Aveo excels at. If you like the Aveo, then do not hold back from buying it. Its just my personal view point that you should consider cars like Fiesta petrol, late '06 Balenos, Optra 1.6 if you want a car with 1.6 litre engine.

Also, Aveo 1.6 performs marginally better than the Aveo 1.4. Also, needless to say, 1.4 may be more fuel efficient too. Also, accessories can be installed as per needs (save for Airbags and ABS).

Lastly, Aveo isn't a popular car. Cars like Baleno, Fiesta 1.6 and Cedia were/aren't popular too but they have great reputation amongst enthusiasts and so it wont be trouble with their resale. Probably, its the first time am hearing from someone who is on a look out for a used Aveo.

But aveo isn't popular at all. So bargain very hard. Its not that the seller will have a huge line of potential buyers.

Still, if its the Aveo 1.6 only that you want, let me not stop you from buying it. Only, do not rush. Check if other Aveos are available that may sound like a better deal. Also check if spares are not an issue in your city and the costs of some common parts that may need replacement.

Rest the usual. Check if the car is involved in some mishap (look at both the legal and mechanical aspect) and try sourcing full service history of the car. Also, see if insurance is expiring anytime soon.

Keep us updated and lots of luck to you.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 13th June 2010 at 15:51.
Old 13th June 2010, 16:27   #1863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, its always better to buy a car from someone you know. Any idea about the reason for selling the car within a year?

Considering that the car is in excellent shape and as its a very popular model, anything between 16.95-17.3 should be reasonable guess. Let the seller quote and then bargain hard because the seller always keeps margin for bargaining.

Also, my personal view is that when you are spending so much, why not invest around a lakh and some more and you'll have a new Accord MT and a Skoda 1.8 MT in your sight. Another one lakh and you can buy a Passat, though I feel that additional 1 lakh is not justified over the superb for a passat.

Coming back to the topic, inspect the car, let the buyer quote and then we will discuss the buying strategy here, once we have a fair idea what the seller is expecting.

Regards.
@Ish,long time man.
I guess,this is gonna be for your dad,after the ordeal with Optra.
Well i totally agree with Yatharth here,if you are spending 16-17 Odd L on a Used Accord,why not spend a wee bit more and get a new Superb 1.8,its anyday a better car overall than the Accord.
I just saw Accord Adv on Carwale.
Seller is asking for almost 20L(19.75).
You would be better off with a new car anyday.
If you wanna buy used,buy a Used 3 Series.
Old 13th June 2010, 16:32   #1864
Senior - BHPian

I have an Aveo 1.6 LT 4 years old done 30K kms. Very comfortable on the rear seat and not too bad to self drive either, very silent cabin. ORVMs are heated & I love this feature in the rains and in foggy winters. Consistent average of 9.5~10.5 in the city with B2B traffic and 100%AC & 13~14 on the highway again with 100% AC. Totally planted drive on highway whether alone or with a packed car. No idea about resale value and I bought a Cedia couple of months back so that should tell you how important resale value is to me. Still keeping the Aveo though, as I have no problems with either the car or the A.S.S. Will replace it with the Renault's 'Fluence' in 2011~2012.
Old 13th June 2010, 16:33   #1865
BHPian

My dad is buying a new/used car in Q4 of this year.
He is willing to spend Rs 4-5 lakh on a used car. It shouldn't be more than around 3 years old, and should not have clocked more than 20000-30000km.
What are they vehicles we get at this budget in Bangalore?
We plan to use the car for the next 6-7 years, as a second car. The car will be used only on weekends, and will not clock more than 50 km a week.
Old 13th June 2010, 17:00   #1866
Team-BHP Support

For that budget, and if you are planning on taking a loan, get the Accent Executive or Logan.
The slightly higher price will be offset by the much cheaper loan interest.

But if its a outright cash purchase, then buy a second hand car.
Old 13th June 2010, 17:35   #1867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
My dad is buying a new/used car in Q4 of this year.
He is willing to spend Rs 4-5 lakh on a used car. It shouldn't be more than around 3 years old, and should not have clocked more than 20000-30000km.
What are they vehicles we get at this budget in Bangalore?
We plan to use the car for the next 6-7 years, as a second car. The car will be used only on weekends, and will not clock more than 50 km a week.

Like I have mentioned before, choices are many in this budget. You can very well get your hands on a sparsely used '06-'07 Optra 1.6 which overall is a nice car (not very FTD though). Also you can have a look at '07 SX4 Vxi, Fiesta Petrol '06 onwards. You can even get a '06 baleno Vxi with all the goodies like auto-aircon, alloys and stuff but I'll advise you to avoid discontinued models from Maruti as spares are not readily available and you have planned to keep the car for 6 years.

You may like to wait for Toyota Etios sedan and Logan facelift or you may get yourself a new Accent (dated yet a good sedan) if you stretch a bit. Again Dzire Lxi and Manza petrol should be in your reach.

Talking again of used cars, you can easily get a Dzire Diesel for your budget.

Also look for '06 City Exi, its an excellent city car and has good efficiency.

Regards.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 13th June 2010 at 17:36.
Old 13th June 2010, 17:53   #1868
Senior - BHPian

^^I wouldn't suggest a diesel for 50 km per week run. Get an Accent. That'll be the best.
Old 13th June 2010, 18:46   #1869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
^^I wouldn't suggest a diesel for 50 km per week run. Get an Accent. That'll be the best.
Oh am sorry! Somehow I thought it to be 50 kms a day. Okay so the diesels are out then.

Regards.
Old 13th June 2010, 19:13   #1870
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, its always better to buy a car from someone you know. Any idea about the reason for selling the car within a year?

Considering that the car is in excellent shape and as its a very popular model, anything between 16.95-17.3 should be reasonable guess. Let the seller quote and then bargain hard because the seller always keeps margin for bargaining.

Also, my personal view is that when you are spending so much, why not invest around a lakh and some more and you'll have a new Accord MT and a Skoda 1.8 MT in your sight. Another one lakh and you can buy a Passat, though I feel that additional 1 lakh is not justified over the superb for a passat.

Coming back to the topic, inspect the car, let the buyer quote and then we will discuss the buying strategy here, once we have a fair idea what the seller is expecting.

Regards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
@Ish,long time man.
I guess,this is gonna be for your dad,after the ordeal with Optra.
Well i totally agree with Yatharth here,if you are spending 16-17 Odd L on a Used Accord,why not spend a wee bit more and get a new Superb 1.8,its anyday a better car overall than the Accord.
If you wanna buy used,buy a Used 3 Series.
Thanks for your replies, I will get in touch with the buyer, and keep you guys updated on the scene.
Yatharth, a bit of budget constraint thats why i would have to settle for a second hand car.
But you never know..
This guy does this only, he buys a car and sells within a year mostly, he even bought a tata safari ex 4x2 and sold the car very next day! So i guess he is in a hurry to buy a luxury sedan like e class or something
And akshay, I dunno why but my dad hates diesels, no matter how hard i try to convince him, diesel car is a no no for him, So that puts 3 out.

Last edited by ishlinea7260 : 13th June 2010 at 19:18.
Old 13th June 2010, 19:17   #1871
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
That is almost the OTR price of a new Accord AT (or am still referring to some 'old' prices and have they been increased/updated recently?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
TI dunno why but my dad hates diesels, no matter how hard i try to convince him, diesel car is a no no for him, So that puts 3 out.

Same with my Dad. Though he is okay with diesel SUVs. But a diesel sedan is a complete no. I was shocked when he wasn't very keen to have a relative's diesel A4 for a fortnight. Few months back he preferred an Ikon 1.6 instead of a 320D when he was in Jaipur.

Anyways, do keep us updated. And a 9k old Accord is as good as a new car (atleast when you know its seller has taken good care of it).

Regards.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 13th June 2010 at 19:22.
Old 13th June 2010, 23:39   #1872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutdcrap View Post
Hi Guys,

Need your help in finding a pre-worshipped Civic 07 or later, S or V, odo upto 30k, single owner and DL number.

I have left my number with all Auto Terrace guys in Delhi and Noida, but Civic seems to be a fast moving good. Any TBHPian willing to sell their Civic or can give any leads are welcome.
hey cutdcrap,

u could check out one 2007 grey civic in Delhi call on this No. 9911421112, 9891906020, it was in the Friday classifieds.
Old 14th June 2010, 09:32   #1873
SMK
BHPian

Hi All,

I wanted to buy a used diesel sedan, went hunting for a used one found a very good Hyundai Elantra fully loaded one (Black/2004 model/single user/60k kms done) the agent has quoted 5.4Lakhs for it. Is this a good price?
Also,
There is a Skoda Rider (White/2008/single/70k kms done) and quoting 6.7lakhs. Both are quite good to look at and i have driven both.
There is a Tata Safari (Pearl White/2008/single/60K kMs done) quoting 6.3 Lakhs. This is a fully loaded model with screens on the back of the headrest and all.

Checked in Carwale and other websites for the car value, but the prices are quite low.
I need a car urgently and not able to decide the prices and which one of these three to buy.
Please help!
Old 14th June 2010, 10:16   #1874
BHPian

Guys, plan dropped.! am not getting the used i10 magna. I am going in for a new car/. i10 Sportz.

YC.BALENO.CHD -> bad luck for me. But anyways it is extremely good getting a new car the fresh breath of new car is always a price that anyone will be willing to pay
Old 14th June 2010, 11:03   #1875
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK View Post
I wanted to buy a used diesel sedan, went hunting for a used one found a very good Hyundai Elantra fully loaded one (Black/2004 model/single user/60k kms done) the agent has quoted 5.4Lakhs for it. Is this a good price?
Does it have leather seats? If no, the asking price is on the higher side. Check used car websites - Elantra CRdi's (without leather) are available at Rs. 4.5 to 5 lacs

Quote:
There is a Skoda Rider (White/2008/single/70k kms done) and quoting 6.7lakhs. Both are quite good to look at and i have driven both.
This is a good deal. Do check the service & insurance history though. The asking price is suspiciously low. Also, after 70000 kms, expect the maintenance costs to go up as expensive parts might be due for replacement. Keep this in mind if you are buying this car.

Most Viewed