Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2010, 19:17   #1906
BHPian

1st 10.5 and then 9-5lakh for an NHC???
Maybe the nutcase has taken overpricing of used cars in Bangalore a bit too seriously.
At this price, there is a 100% chance he won't get a buyer.
Old 17th June 2010, 19:34   #1907
BHPian

Can any one tell me what will be the best price of an 3.0 ltr engine(Dicor), 2005 model, 2nd owner, 66000 Kms Clocked, Comprehensive insurance(ID 6,50,000). it was never claimed.

the vehicle is an Top End(VX) Features(ABS, Airbags, Reverse camera, Head rest Screens, Seat Adjustment, Tilt Steering, Leather interiors, New Battery, Centralized AC, And Dual AC, 4 WD).

The Only Draw back on the vehicle was that the Winshield was Slightly Cracked(Jelly Spots) which we get on a Highway if we are behind a sand lorry and small clips which were lost on the fibre parts.

apart from that the Wheel Alignment problem and tyres may run for another 10 to 12 K kms.

The service history is also correct.

what will be the best price.
Old 17th June 2010, 19:35   #1908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
Wouw ! so what's in the pipeline for the next track day, a OHC vtec ?
Yup...!
I could't push the thing any harder so simplest solution is more "power"
Old 17th June 2010, 20:01   #1909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Can any one tell me what will be the best price of an 3.0 ltr engine(Dicor), 2005 model, 2nd owner, 66000 Kms Clocked, Comprehensive insurance(ID 6,50,000). it was never claimed.

the vehicle is an Top End(VX) Features(ABS, Airbags, Reverse camera, Head rest Screens, Seat Adjustment, Tilt Steering, Leather interiors, New Battery, Centralized AC, And Dual AC, 4 WD).

The Only Draw back on the vehicle was that the Winshield was Slightly Cracked(Jelly Spots) which we get on a Highway if we are behind a sand lorry and small clips which were lost on the fibre parts.

apart from that the Wheel Alignment problem and tyres may run for another 10 to 12 K kms.

between 3.85-4 L. Not more than that. This is already second owner and hence if you buy it, you would be the 3rd. I am sure, you would need to replace the windshield if you plan to buy it.

Also check when the insurance expires. Take it to a body shop and get it checked for repaints and dents. If you are an expert then it is alright, you can check by yourself.

If possible pass this and look for a single owner vehicle.

Last edited by MutantX : 17th June 2010 at 20:02.
Old 17th June 2010, 20:58   #1910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post

I believe he has you already paid an advance of Rs 50k for it.

Last edited by Arkin evoisrevo : 17th June 2010 at 21:02.
Old 17th June 2010, 21:04   #1911
BHPian

Arkin_evoisrevo - I am sorry dude. I didnt know that he has paid advance. But anyways I had given my unbiased view. But it is left to the individual to buy it.
Old 17th June 2010, 21:11   #1912
BHPian

@ MutantX.
A million apologies. I just looked back at pace 126, and realized he has posted here after he paid the advance. I have edited my post suitable.
You can read more here -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ed-safari.html
Sorry again.
Old 17th June 2010, 21:44   #1913
BHPian

Hye dude Arkin No worries.

SPEEDY_RACER do let us know how much you paid for the safari.
Old 17th June 2010, 22:25   #1914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Hye dude Arkin No worries.

SPEEDY_RACER do let us know how much you paid for the safari.
Hey No Worries,

i was just trying to get the opinions.

no problem i will update the price on the thread created for the Beast.
Old 18th June 2010, 06:11   #1915
lsp
BHPian

Please give your opinion

Gurus,
Need opinion on the following

Delhi, May 2007, Hyundai Santro XL, run 60k, all 5 alloy wheels (dont know which brand), scratchless body, front power windows, PS, Central locking, black bumpers. I haven't seen the car yet. Will check it out later today.

My cousin checked this car out and also did a small spin. He is OK with the car and says that the body is scratchless. (Maybe the dealer got enough time to tinker with the car). AC cooling is good. Didn't get a chance to observe the suspension et al as the spin was very short.

Owner is looking for 2.25L.

How does the overall deal look? Carwale value of car is close to 2.1L for a 'Good' condition car of same age. However I feel that the field prices of cars in Delhi is no where close to the carwale value.

Apart from the mileage everything else I am fine with (even black bumpers). Did XL come with black bumpers always?
What sort of things would require change in near future. I am guessing brake pads?
How much premium can be paid for the alloy wheels?
Old 18th June 2010, 07:36   #1916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
Gurus,
Need opinion on the following

Delhi, May 2007, Hyundai Santro XL, run 60k, all 5 alloy wheels (dont know which brand), scratchless body, front power windows, PS, Central locking, black bumpers. I haven't seen the car yet. Will check it out later today.

My cousin checked this car out and also did a small spin. He is OK with the car and says that the body is scratchless. (Maybe the dealer got enough time to tinker with the car). AC cooling is good. Didn't get a chance to observe the suspension et al as the spin was very short.

Owner is looking for 2.25L.

How does the overall deal look? Carwale value of car is close to 2.1L for a 'Good' condition car of same age. However I feel that the field prices of cars in Delhi is no where close to the carwale value.

Apart from the mileage everything else I am fine with (even black bumpers). Did XL come with black bumpers always?
What sort of things would require change in near future. I am guessing brake pads?
How much premium can be paid for the alloy wheels?
60k or a petrol engine is almost half the life of the engine. 2.25L is a good price. Try to bargain and close it the deal at 2.0-2.1L. Get the car history checked at Hyundai service center from which the car gets serviced regularly.

As for the alloys, dont worry about the brand. Check the tyres, I am sure they would last or another 5-10k. Also check the insurance for NCB & IDV. Also check when the insurance is due to renewal.
Old 18th June 2010, 09:54   #1917
lsp
BHPian

Thanks MutantX. I would try my best to bargain , if I plan to go for this car, but my skills in this area are very limited. Also the owner was asking for 2.4L initially and has come down to 2.25L. I don't know how much more bargaining can be done. Would depend upon the dynamics of the situation when we sit across the table and start talking money.

The problem is that Santro/Wagon R hold their value tremendously. I have already passed 2 Santros of 2005 wherein the owners did not budge beyond 2.25L, which acc to me is too much for a 5 year old car.

Quote:
60k or a petrol engine is almost half the life of the engine. 2.25L is a good price. Try to bargain and close it the deal at 2.0-2.1L. Get the car history checked at Hyundai service center from which the car gets serviced regularly.

As for the alloys, dont worry about the brand. Check the tyres, I am sure they would last or another 5-10k. Also check the insurance for NCB & IDV. Also check when the insurance is due to renewal.
Old 18th June 2010, 09:55   #1918
JLN
BHPian

Quote:

Hi, I have had 2 santros (still have one), and a close friend of mine also had a santro. 60000 kms is a lot for a santro. the engine starts getting noisy and problems keep coming up (ac, transmission etc.) - we have had this in both the cars. It is strange - the car is excellent for about 5 years, 50000 kms and all of a sudden too many problems keep cropping up. I would suggest that you look for a lower milage car. it will be worth paying a 15-20k premium for a car that has run just around 30-40K kms even if it a year or two older. The mileage (usage) is more important than the age of the year.

Last edited by JLN : 18th June 2010 at 09:59.
Old 18th June 2010, 10:06   #1919
Senior - BHPian

HONDA JAZZ guesstimation

Guys,

What may be the price of a 1.5 yr old HONDA JAZZ. Its not yet 1.5 yrs old (launched in June'09) but I will consider buying a sample from the original lot after 6 months. I will be looking in the NCR region (DL or HR preferred).

will the high cost get somewhat compensated in the used car market? Else, say at 5-5.5 lacs, one might still buy a new POLO at that price! In that case the purpose of buying used is defeated.

It was 6.98 ex. showroom when launched.
Old 18th June 2010, 10:23   #1920
Senior - BHPian

5 lac should be a good price but a jazz is very difficult to find

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks