Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2010, 23:57   #2026
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
in mumbai these cars go for around 5-6 lacs!
You are lucky then! In Cal, there are limited RS`. I dont think more than 20 in the entire city. (purely estimation), Though a bhpian - octane1002 did bag a good condition RS for less than 6 I think.

Last edited by evo : 5th July 2010 at 00:00.
Old 5th July 2010, 00:04   #2027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
A friend of mine got a Honda Civic AT 2006 OCT 47000 Kms for Rs.6.5L. Looks to be in excellent condition. Is this price good?.
thats the deal bro if the car is i good condition.
Old 6th July 2010, 20:31   #2028
JLN
BHPian

what is a good price to pay for a aug 2006 honda civic s mt, with leather interiors added. 36000 kms. mint condition (excellent interiors - leather looks like it is just 6 months old). the car body is fantastic with just 2 minor scratches. The car rides very well - the owner is a car enthusiast and has definitely maintained the car passionately. this is the car posted on TBHP classifieds. The owner was asking 8.5 - seemed very high to me. is 7.5 a good price for this? Location is Bangalore.
Old 6th July 2010, 20:50   #2029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLN View Post
what is a good price to pay for a aug 2006 honda civic s mt, with leather interiors added. 36000 kms. mint condition (excellent interiors - leather looks like it is just 6 months old). the car body is fantastic with just 2 minor scratches. The car rides very well - the owner is a car enthusiast and has definitely maintained the car passionately. this is the car posted on TBHP classifieds. The owner was asking 8.5 - seemed very high to me. is 7.5 a good price for this? Location is Bangalore.
in mumbai its 7.for bangalre atleat add 50k more.
Old 7th July 2010, 16:58   #2030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLN View Post

I should know better, I just got myself a August 2006 S-MT done 18500 KMS for 7L. Perhaps for B'lore you can add around 50-60K more.

Cheers
Old 7th July 2010, 18:57   #2031
JLN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
I should know better, I just got myself a August 2006 S-MT done 18500 KMS for 7L. Perhaps for B'lore you can add around 50-60K more.

Cheers
That's a great deal you got there. The owner of the car seems fixed on 8 lakhs. So will probably pass :-(
Old 8th July 2010, 21:04   #2032

Octavia TPi

I'm toying with the idea of buying an April 2007 Octavia Rider TPi.

- Single owner, 30k kms, insurance paid till 2011
- Basic music system and leather seats.
- Car looks clean except for slight bruises around the bumper.
- Took a short test drive and loved the way it drives, doesn't seem abused.
- Tyres may need to be replaced soon.

Owner expects 7.5 lakhs but is willing to come down a bit. Carwale says 6,07,000 for a car in excellent condition.

Remember that that TPi has ABS and airbags, and the same engine as the RS (but no alloys, sunroof, or xenons).

What do you think is a fair price?
Also what should I look out for when buying a used Octavia? I've heard the clutch replacements cost a bomb, but I'm thinking thats a bit far down the line.

Last edited by Jaggu : 9th July 2010 at 11:01. Reason: Please use Search and continue in an existing thread, Thanks
Old 9th July 2010, 13:17   #2033
BHPian

Used Car Price Check - Logan 1.5 DLS DCi - 2007 - 32000KMS

I have a daily run of about 30-50 kms, and am looking for a used diesel car, and have located a used Logan 1.5 DLS DCi of year 2007 registration with 32000 kms on the odometer. The car seems to me in decent condition.

The asking price is 4.25 lakhs. Is it a good deal? What would be the best price to but this car at?

Your suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks & regards,

Tanveer
Old 9th July 2010, 13:51   #2034
BHPian

Skoda petrols have terrible resale value. There is no way that a 2007 petrol can fetch 7.5l - even in Bangalore. Around 5.75 is what you should be paying considering that it is a Rider and also requires a tyre change (budget 20k+ for that). In any case not a penny over 6l.

Since it has done less than 30k kms and feels nice to drive, I don't think you should be worried about part changes and stuff. The clutch job costs a bomb - but at A**. You can get those done for way less outside.

On second thoughts - you said 30k done and it requires a tyre change. It shouldn't require a footwear change at 30k so you might want to get the mileage authenticated.
Old 9th July 2010, 14:09   #2035
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordperfect View Post

Owner expects 7.5 lakhs but is willing to come down a bit. Carwale says 6,07,000 for a car in excellent condition.

Remember that that TPi has ABS and airbags, and the same engine as the RS (but no alloys, sunroof, or xenons).

Also what should I look out for when buying a used Octavia? I've heard the clutch replacements cost a bomb, but I'm thinking thats a bit far down the line.
Really not much equipment in that car. Cant you get an RS instead? I think if you want a Skoda 1.8 Turbo, you gotta get the RS. It just feels so much more special.
Old 9th July 2010, 14:57   #2036
Senior - BHPian

A classic case

Quote:

I Love this! This is a classic case of 'typical' second hand deal in Bangalore City.
  1. The owner values the cars over board as he sees this as the values of the car.
  1. This is not the 'true' market value of the car. It is the 'percieved' value of owner.
  1. The owner is 'flexible' but will not 'budge' much. He will give you 100 logics to tell you why the car is valued so high.
  1. The owner/dealer will show a 'I care a damn' attitude towards buyer.

Net net, in Bangalore, although the 'new' car prices are high, the 'used' car prices are atrocious. This is so because there is a huge demand for alomost everything (cars being one of them). At times, people are even ready to pay these 'way over market' prices. So, there are way too many people who want these 'unreal' prices, even if it means they don't sell their car at all!
Old 9th July 2010, 15:32   #2037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordperfect View Post

The quote is a little on the higher side for a TPi.However, keeping in mind its just a 3year old car with genuinely low use(30k isnt much on this engine) you should look at 6.80 lacs as your upper limit.Maybe 10k or so more if it really comes down to that.Remember, you have insurance for another 10 months odd, which alone should be worth 15-16k.A clean 1.8TPi is hard to come by, so you might as well spend a little extra on this one.I had to wait for over a year to get a clean vRS in kolkata.Abused examples with 45-50k are still easier to source than a 30k odd driven example, which is really really rare.

Last but not the least, remember a new example should have cost around 12.5 OTR in bangy.So if you do manage to get it for the price I've mentioned, its almost half the price in 3 years, which isn't exactly bad.

As for things, you need to check on the car, there really isn't much except making sure that the mileage on the car is genuine and it has a clean service history.Take it to the Skoda workshop there and get a scan done through them to allay your fears.

Last edited by octane1002 : 9th July 2010 at 15:40.
Old 9th July 2010, 15:33   #2038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkglow View Post
I have a daily run of about 30-50 kms, and am looking for a used diesel car, and have located a used Logan 1.5 DLS DCi of year 2007 registration with 32000 kms on the odometer. The car seems to me in decent condition.

The asking price is 4.25 lakhs. Is it a good deal? What would be the best price to but this car at?

Your suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks & regards,

Tanveer
Carwale, quotes between 3.69L - 4.05L. If it is a dealer go for 3.7L. If it is an individual ask for 4L. Check the history of the car before finalizing the deal.
Old 9th July 2010, 15:51   #2039
BHPian

AUCP in bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
I Love this! This is a classic case of 'typical' second hand deal in Bangalore City.
  1. The owner values the cars over board as he sees this as the values of the car.
  1. This is not the 'true' market value of the car. It is the 'percieved' value of owner.
  1. The owner is 'flexible' but will not 'budge' much. He will give you 100 logics to tell you why the car is valued so high.
  1. The owner/dealer will show a 'I care a damn' attitude towards buyer.
Net net, in Bangalore, although the 'new' car prices are high, the 'used' car prices are atrocious. This is so because there is a huge demand for alomost everything (cars being one of them). At times, people are even ready to pay these 'way over market' prices. So, there are way too many people who want these 'unreal' prices, even if it means they don't sell their car at all!

Well said Abhi.

So many times I have experienced the same. Ditto word by word its true.
Absurd prices owners ask for that maybe we too are tempted to feel that our cars should also fetch out of earth prices..lol..

Can give you numerous examples here.

Just couple of weeks back in June 2010, owner quoted 4 lakh for 2001 model Vtec run about 68k km, II owner. Vehicle was mint condition and well maintained still there is a limit for asking right. I thought 3 lakh itself was more for a 9 year old vehicle.

Latest is 3 lakh asking price and so called "Negotiable" for a 2001 model 1.3Exi OHC run 70k km and II owner. Where on earth are those prices you get. I really wonder are those owners the aliens or their machines.

The only decent quote I received was on dec 2009, which unfortunately the unusual gentleman owner somehow came to know the so called "Absurd Used Car Prices" (AUCP) and showed his true color and cancelled the deal even after I gave 50k as initial advance. It was the miss of the year I thought.

It was 2002/1.3Exi OHC/I owner/25k km run/Comp Insure/, in super mint condition. The quote was 3 lakh. Miss among the deals, what say teambhp folks.

Still my search for Type II OHC continues, prefer the 2000-03 models. I feel its hard to get a well managed, less mileage run OHC now considering the age, time period all would have definitely run above or in and around 70k km. Maybe one day I may overcome the so called AUCP in bangalore and get hold of a good OHC.

BHP folks pls do PM me if you folks come across Type II OHC's in model range 2000-03.

rgrds
prsn
Old 9th July 2010, 19:22   #2040

Thanks for all the replies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
Really not much equipment in that car. Cant you get an RS instead? I think if you want a Skoda 1.8 Turbo, you gotta get the RS. It just feels so much more special.
Just curious, what other equipment does the RS offer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
Last but not the least, remember a new example should have cost around 12.5 OTR in bangy.So if you do manage to get it for the price I've mentioned, its almost half the price in 3 years, which isn't exactly bad.

As for things, you need to check on the car, there really isn't much except making sure that the mileage on the car is genuine and it has a clean service history.Take it to the Skoda workshop there and get a scan done through them to allay your fears.
That's true but I don't want to lose too much when I resell it a few years down the line.

Does this scan involve leaving the car over in the workshop over a long time. Any idea how much it costs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
On second thoughts - you said 30k done and it requires a tyre change. It shouldn't require a footwear change at 30k so you might want to get the mileage authenticated.
Yeah they did look a bit worn for 30k, but I have no reason to doubt the mileage. I'll be replacing them if I go for alloys anyway. Which brings us to: how much do RS alloys cost?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks