Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2010, 09:17   #2371
BHPian

I have been hunting for a ZEN for almost a month now and yet to find one.
Either they have high mileage or quoted way beyond market rates.

Any leads?

Last edited by ch.nathan : 28th October 2010 at 09:18.
Old 28th October 2010, 09:40   #2372
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Man this thread is goohood and now that I got my LL, I'm planning to buy a used car as my first car. From this thread, I know what all documents the owner has to flesh out, So, can you please tell me what all documents are required from the person who's buying a used car?

P.S.: I hope you can buy a used car with your LL License :S
for a person buying a used car, there are no specific documents that you'd need to produce..

if you are buying it from a dealer, he may a list like your income tax papers fro the last year or so, address proof, proof of employment/business, bank papers if you are taking a loan..

if you are buying it from an individual, you'd need to produce an address proof and bank papers in case of loan..

I think you can buy a car with a LL, but you need to have a person with a permanent license while driving..

and a promiment L on both front and back windshields..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
I have been hunting for a ZEN for almost a month now and yet to find one.
Either they have high mileage or quoted way beyond market rates.

Any leads?
whats your budget like?
if you are not fixated on a Zen, try something like a Santro/Alto likewise..
Old 28th October 2010, 09:46   #2373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
whats your budget like?
if you are not fixated on a Zen, try something like a Santro/Alto likewise..
My budget is 1.5lakhs. First choice is Zen.
I can stretch another 20k (till 1.7lakhs) if I get an Alto with PS. Since this is for my wife's use.
Old 28th October 2010, 10:03   #2374
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My budget is 1.5lakhs. First choice is Zen.
I can stretch another 20k (till 1.7lakhs) if I get an Alto with PS. Since this is for my wife's use.
Ok.. Well, I bet you already are.. but keep trying on all the automobile sites like carwaale.com etc for classifieds..

also, you could try these car bazaars that are so prominent in B'lore..

last resort is Maruti True Value.. I'm sure you'll find a lotta vehicles here.. In some cases, they also give a warranty on cars sold.. But I'm saying last resort because the cars will be slightly expensive here (premium for buying it from Maruti)
Old 28th October 2010, 10:14   #2375
BHPian

I have been tracking the online classifieds for the past one week. Hope I get a good one soon.

Car bazaars: Ridiculously priced deals. All of them quote double the market rate. Even if I negotiate hard, I don't think it's VFM.

True Value: 30-40% more than market value. Warranty is for only vehicles post 2005 make. Only advantage is three free services. And ofcourse clean cars. Am keeping this option open.
Old 28th October 2010, 10:58   #2376
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have been tracking the online classifieds for the past one week. Hope I get a good one soon.

Car bazaars: Ridiculously priced deals. All of them quote double the market rate. Even if I negotiate hard, I don't think it's VFM.

True Value: 30-40% more than market value. Warranty is for only vehicles post 2005 make. Only advantage is three free services. And ofcourse clean cars. Am keeping this option open.
Depending on how old and kms the car has run, you can decide if it is worth it..

Eg. if the car at True Value has run 30k km, is ~5 yrs old and costs say 20-30k more; probably it is a good deal.. since the money you would spend on maintaining the car later would be reimbursed by the 3 free services..

also with the festive season coming up, they could give freebies..
Old 28th October 2010, 11:24   #2377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
Thanks Shishir. I'm looking to buy the car. It's paprika red with a clean service history.
Neil, since you have already seen the service history of the car, just do a TD and get a feel of the car. So 5.5L would be a good price. Enjoy and Happy buying
Old 28th October 2010, 12:28   #2378
BHPian

How much to expect?

How much to expect for a June 2009, DL registered, Pearl silver ALTO LXi which has run 7500KMs?

Last edited by JustCause : 28th October 2010 at 12:33.
Old 28th October 2010, 12:39   #2379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
How much to expect for a June 2009, DL registered, Pearl silver ALTO LXi which has run 7500KMs?
IMO, since the Alto K10 has arrived and moreover this is just 1.5 years old car and also has run very less, you can expect around 2.5L-2.6L.
Old 28th October 2010, 12:52   #2380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
IMO, since the Alto K10 has arrived and moreover this is just 1.5 years old car and also has run very less, you can expect around 2.5L-2.6L.
I was quoted 2,20000 + 15K exchange bonus on phone. Guess, I'll have to press for some more. Thanks
Old 28th October 2010, 13:10   #2381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
I was quoted 2,20000 + 15K exchange bonus on phone. Guess, I'll have to press for some more. Thanks
They would have told the story that the new K10 has come and no one will buy this etc etc. It is always a deal. You come down a bit and they will come up a bit. I think 2.3L-2.35L+15K bonus would be a fair deal. Rest is left to your choice. Happy selling
Old 28th October 2010, 14:06   #2382
BHPian

Does True-Value allow price negotiations?

On more query: the so-called 'three free services' mean only the labour charges for servicing. Still we will have to pay for oil, etc. And if the car is >5yrs old, they don't give warranty. So is the 30-40% premium really worth?
Old 28th October 2010, 14:20   #2383
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

On more query: the so-called 'three free services' mean only the labour charges for servicing. Still we will have to pay for oil, etc. And if the car is >5yrs old, they don't give warranty. So is the 30-40% premium really worth?
At least for new cars, the free services include just the labour costs; you still have to pay for the parts and materials. I doubt it is any different for used cars..

Eg. I spent 7k on my Corsa's 30k km servicing; of which around 1500 was labour..

So, it all boils down to how much the 30-40% works up to. Also, check for freebies..

In Pune, especially during Diwali, I remember seeing True Value ads where original Maruti music systems, extended warranty, some accessories were doled out..

I doubt you could negotiate; I think you should consider this option seriously if the price difference is manageable.
Old 28th October 2010, 19:35   #2384

Quote:

The three free services actually means that, you have unknowingly given the dealer the absolute freedom to swap all the parts of your brand new car and make it old before its time . I have had this experience. Shaman motors who was the ford dealer has been caught in a criminal breach of trust . The police is attempting to say there is no crime, but based on all the evidence, The HMM court had asked a re- investigation , even then the shameless investigation team has dared to say there is no crime, inspite of evidence on record and also the mail from the ford company to replace some parts which had complete evidence that they were swapped based on some signatures done on the components like seats,coolant container, wiper fluid bottle, battery and music system. Waiting for the HMM court verdict, if the mistakes on records are valid evidence not requiring proof from dealers end, after 10 months of the crime . The ford company is not disclosing the correct details but has so far withdrawn the ford dealership from shaman .
Old 29th October 2010, 11:47   #2385
BHPian

The dealer has agreed to pay me 80K plus 15k exchange bonus for my 2001 Alto LX. So I think I will settle for that! :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks