nathan,
What year zen?
Hi Captain,

1999-LX Model Zen
Old 18th November 2010, 17:39   #2447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
Is there a good website to research discontinued cars in India?
I wanted to check the specifications of older gen Zen. I tried TBHP and Carwale.
Can somebody help?
Go to this link and select the Zen who's specs you are interested in looking at : Maruti Suzuki Zen in India - Prices, Reviews & Photos - CarWale

EDIT : Here is the specs for Zen LX model : http://www.carwale.com/research/maru...tions-291.html

Last edited by prateekm : 18th November 2010 at 17:41.
Old 18th November 2010, 18:02   #2448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Go to this link and select the Zen who's specs you are interested in looking at : Maruti Suzuki Zen in India - Prices, Reviews & Photos - CarWale

EDIT : Here is the specs for Zen LX model : Maruti Suzuki Zen LX - BS III Specifications - CarWale
The one in the link is the newer old zen! The 99 model will be the carbureted version. And IIRC, some zens were 3 cyl (Not sure which models and when)
Old 18th November 2010, 19:10   #2449
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
why do you want a car for which you might not even get spares easily? If your wife has to drive this, shouldnt it be a dependable vehicle which can be easily repaired within the city in case anything goes wrong?
Plus its MH registered and re registering it in Bangalore will cost you a nice amount, if it happens.
Exactly. A car for your wife should be reliable, and a 17 year old is definitely not gong to be one. Also, maintaining it will be a real pain. I can assure you, that it will give you more trouble than the Santro AT you just sold off.

Or, is there a specific reason why you want the 1993 Daihatsu Charade?. If no, then IMO, you could go for newer examples of say Alto, Zen for the same budget.
Old 18th November 2010, 20:18   #2450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post

EDIT : Here is the specs for Zen LX model : Maruti Suzuki Zen LX - BS III Specifications - CarWale
Thanks for the links prateekm. I had already gone thro' these pages but I am not able to conclude whih version was launched when.

For example, whether May-1999 Zen is Euro-1 or Euro-2, and so on. Even the current owner is not sure.
Old 18th November 2010, 20:33   #2451
Senior - BHPian

What can be expected for a Logan Diesel 2007-May, @ 52K genuine?
Old 23rd November 2010, 16:05   #2452
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbkr1212 View Post
Hi all,
Need an advice on my Zen Estilo Lxi model

Car model is Mar 2010.
Make is Zen Estilo Lxi with K-series engine, power windows only in the front.
No audio systems, ac comes default in LXi

Car has been used very sparingly( about to touch 1900KM) since I use my SX4 mostly.

Rear bumper needs to be replaced.
Slight, but visible dent on the backside.

KA registration. How much can I expect price for this?
If I get some idea, I would like to put it in T-BHP classifieds.

Main reason for selling this is that I am moving to a new apartment and for 2nd car, I need to shell out 1750000/- for parking.

Thanks in advance,
Warm regards,
BR
Whats was the ex showroom and onroad price when you bought?

you can expect more or less (~10-15K) of your ex showroom i guess
Old 25th November 2010, 10:42   #2453
BHPian

I am looking at buying a used Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi SXi. Its a 2007/3 Kerala registration (KL 7 BE) first owner car, which has run 45,700 kms. Its a white color car and is avaialble through a delaer, though the negotiation would be with the actual owner. The dealer would charge a 2% commission on the car sale value (10K, which I find huge)

I have no clue why the car is being sold. I ahve not been able to see the car in person yet, but the pictures looks good. I wiould see it on the weekend. The delaer is quoting 5.35 lakhs, slightly negotiable.

Is this a good buy? How good is the reliability of Fiesta, I would keep this for atleast 4 to 5 years? please let me know valuable suggestions.

Last edited by basilmabraham : 25th November 2010 at 10:44.
Old 25th November 2010, 12:11   #2454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
I am looking at buying a used Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi SXi. Its a 2007/3 Kerala registration (KL 7 BE) first owner car, which has run 45,700 kms. Its a white color car and is avaialble through a delaer, though the negotiation would be with the actual owner. The dealer would charge a 2% commission on the car sale value (10K, which I find huge)

I have no clue why the car is being sold. I ahve not been able to see the car in person yet, but the pictures looks good. I wiould see it on the weekend. The delaer is quoting 5.35 lakhs, slightly negotiable.

Is this a good buy? How good is the reliability of Fiesta, I would keep this for atleast 4 to 5 years? please let me know valuable suggestions.
@Basil,IMO AFA price is concerned if you can negotiate the car at around 4.8-5L then it will be a good purchase keeping in mind that the car is in good condition(after having a TD)
Old 25th November 2010, 13:50   #2455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post

I bought a 15 month old mint condition (always ford serviced) 1st owner 2008 TDCi zxi with alloys, extended warranty, etc that had done 23k kms for 5.25L.

i feel 5.35 is high
Old 25th November 2010, 17:07   #2456
BHPian

Quote:

It's way too much. I shouldn't be more than 4.75 at all, including dealers commission. BTW...I just checked the classifieds and there's this super-looking Verna 2007 for sale: http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ai/Verna.html/ Browse it only if you like it as I really love the car and i think with some 20k-25k down, it's a better bet than Ford Fiesta. Hope it's still available.

For reference: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...i-sxi-abs.html
Old 25th November 2010, 17:42   #2457
BHPian

What price can be expected for the following car in Trivandrum?
Esteem LXi - 2005 January.
Run 24000+ km.
light metallic pinkish colur.
Used by old couple, driven by a driver never allowed to cross 60kmph.
Just two minor scratches on the rear bumper.
Suzuki leather seat covers.
No ICE.
Tyres still look like brand new (but nearly six years old)
All services done at Indus MASS.
A diary with all expenses on the car upto March 2010 including fuel expenses and name of petrol pump availabe.
Only drawback - boot has been repainted as the OE spoiler (plastic) broke off leaving two holes on the boot and that was patched and painted.
Selling because they have other cars and getting in and out of the Esteem is a pain.
Old 25th November 2010, 18:07   #2458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
It's way too much. I shouldn't be more than 4.75 at all, including dealers commission. BTW...I just checked the classifieds and there's this super-looking Verna 2007 for sale: http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ai/Verna.html/ Browse it only if you like it as I really love the car and i think with some 20k-25k down, it's a better bet than Ford Fiesta. Hope it's still available.

For reference: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...i-sxi-abs.html

Thanks for that link. I had seen it, but avoided as its a Verna Petrol. I am looking for a Diesel Verna/Fiesta. Thanks anyway.
Old 25th November 2010, 18:51   #2459
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

What should be the right price for this car considering the present condition and spares availability.

Pramod
Old 25th November 2010, 21:06   #2460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Hi All,

What should be the right price for this car considering the present condition and spares availability.

Pramod
40K is not bad. Just check up the mechanicals thoroughly, and put if good, put it through a Custom job for the exteriors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks