Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2011, 16:53   #2626
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Yeah, Thanks @Selfdrive. Just back from a test drive of the vehicle. I must admit, it's in good condition (except the color that my wife sure's going to hate - BLUE, but i'll deal with that later). The guy actually works in the same office as I and he says he's received an offer for 7 Lacs already.

Along with the color the other pain points are it's a BSIII vehicle, has certain dents, 3 small dents to be precise (1 on the driver side door, 1 on the front and 1 on the back bumper).

The current Asta CRDi (BS IV although) is selling at OTR of 8.42 Lacs.

Does 6.75 Lacs sound okay. I'm willing to go ahead with it at that price proviso my wife is okay with the car and color

Cheers,
Steve
Old 24th January 2011, 18:01   #2627
BHPian

I am looking to purchase my first car, I am very sure that the car would be a Diesel and it should accommodate lots of luggage with 5 people on board most of the times.

Today I came across 2007 Indigo XL Grand with 30kkms on odo. Asking price is 4.5lakhs, I am very much interested in this but yet to ascertain that the car is in good condition or not, but If it turns out to be good, I need suggestions on the price.

Also the car is registered in Hyderabad and my usage will be mostly in Bangalore but will be visiting Andhra Pradesh at least twice a year. in case I buy this car, should I pay tax here in Bangalore or can I keep it the way it is.

Last edited by Jaggu : 24th January 2011 at 18:28. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy paste from external font editors. Also do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks
Old 24th January 2011, 18:25   #2628
BHPian

Another Gypsy addict..

My maiden post here on this forum. Been lurking around for quite a bit and finally decided to post here. Like many others, that fix to own a Gypsy continues to linger for me. Have seen a few over the years, but never picked any of them up for varying reasons.

Recently,come across one that’s about 20 years old, which somewhere along the way was made a 2 seater, with an open back. It’s been parked in an open drive way for quite a while n a state of virtual non-usage and hence has seen numerous monsoons, without any real cover of sorts, hence some pretty evident rust issues all over the place.

To cut a long story short, it needs a whole lot of work on it (which is part of the challenge). What do you think would be a good price to pay for it..??

Thanks in advance for giving this a read-thru..
Old 24th January 2011, 19:41   #2629
BHPian

Just to add, i see that the OTR price for i20 Asta CRDi in October 2009 in Bangalore was 8.11 Lacs (Courtesy Team-BHP ). So that's the seller's purchase price when he bought it 15 months back. Now, how much of a depreciation do i apply for this car in good (well excellent actually) driving condition that's 15 months old and has run-in 11000 Kms.
Old 25th January 2011, 17:21   #2630
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Another Gypsy addict..

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxsend View Post
Recently,come across one that’s about 20 years old, which somewhere along the way was made a 2 seater, with an open back. It’s been parked in an open drive way for quite a while n a state of virtual non-usage and hence has seen numerous monsoons, without any real cover of sorts, hence some pretty evident rust issues all over the place.
In other words, this Gypsy is junk. Whatever the owner gets for it is a bonus. I'd say 25k? 30k?

Do keep in mind that such restoration projects require a whole lot of time & money. You'd easily spend 1.5 - 2.0 lakhs on restoring a junk Gypsy. And even then, you end up with the under-powered 1.0 liter engine. Why not search around for a Gypsy King for 2.5 - 3.0 lakhs (newer the better).
Old 25th January 2011, 18:15   #2631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
In other words, this Gypsy is junk. Whatever the owner gets for it is a bonus. I'd say 25k? 30k?

Do keep in mind that such restoration projects require a whole lot of time & money. You'd easily spend 1.5 - 2.0 lakhs on restoring a junk Gypsy. And even then, you end up with the under-powered 1.0 liter engine. Why not search around for a Gypsy King for 2.5 - 3.0 lakhs (newer the better).
The pricing with Gypsy's are always a crazy deal from the looks of it.. there are some on the classifieds here on this site, round bout the same age, but possibly in better condition all in the + 1 lakh region.

Seems harder though to find the Gypsy king's..
Old 28th January 2011, 11:13   #2632
BHPian

I own(3rd owner) a 2003 santro zipdrive with a/c & ps,clocked 73000kms in Chennai.I wanna sell it now and upgrade to a new car.At what price can i expect to sell it off.
Old 28th January 2011, 14:41   #2633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxsend View Post
The pricing with Gypsy's are always a crazy deal from the looks of it.. there are some on the classifieds here on this site, round bout the same age, but possibly in better condition all in the + 1 lakh region.

Seems harder though to find the Gypsy king's..
There's one up for sale in Bhopal. Don't know if you're interested in getting it to your city. Search classifieds with the pincode 462001
Old 30th January 2011, 20:34   #2634
BHPian

Hey,
My friend is offering a 2004 CRV.Has almost done up the suspension and everything else and new tyres.He's having a problem with the auto-box.I don't mind working on it but dont know how much it will cost.How much is this car worth.Also planning to fit a LPG kit,is it advisable?
Cheers
Manjith
Old 31st January 2011, 09:25   #2635
BHPian

What price can I expect for my 2005 Getz GLS Silver Metallic - 53K mileage- 2nd Owner and in good condition in Chennai?
Old 31st January 2011, 12:43   #2636
BHPian

Selling my punto 1.2 active

Hey Guy

Had bought my Punto 1.2 Active petrol in Aug 2009 for 4.52 lakhs On road price and have got a price of 3.7 lakhs for it which I find very good.So am giving it away.

Looking at the JAZZ or the i20 Asta.Would go for JAZZ for the discount is right.Current discountfor 2011 model on JAZZ is 51k + 10k off on insurance + few accesories.
Old 31st January 2011, 15:42   #2637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
I own(3rd owner) a 2003 santro zipdrive with a/c & ps,clocked 73000kms in Chennai.I wanna sell it now and upgrade to a new car.At what price can i expect to sell it off.
Do not expect to get more than roughly Rs 1.2-1.3 lakh for it.

Guys, I might need a used Accent Petrol (Executive) or Ikon Flair to be used on weekends.
Please let me know how much I'll have to shell out for an ideally maintained 06'-07' model Accent/Ikon run, say, not more than 50k km. Alternatively, for Rs 2.5 lakh, how old an Accent / Ikon can I find?
Thanks.
Old 31st January 2011, 15:58   #2638
BHPian

What should be a right price to offer for a 2007 Aug Alto Lxi, 1st owner done 9000km. True Value is quoting 2.20 lac with all costs included. The road tax needs to be paid next year worth 15k approx
Old 31st January 2011, 18:08   #2639
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
What should be a right price to offer for a 2007 Aug Alto Lxi, 1st owner done 9000km. True Value is quoting 2.20 lac with all costs included. The road tax needs to be paid next year worth 15k approx
2.20?!
That is quite a bit. For ~50k more, you could get a new one.
Agreed the car has hardly run but the price is still quite a bit for a 3-year old car.

Also, why is the road-tax need to be next year? Isn't it a 1-time thing?
Old 31st January 2011, 19:09   #2640
BHPian

I have a 2006 Bolero Slx the Odo reads 60k kms, Am the second owner. No history of accidents, runs smooth as butter. How much can i expect this vehicle. Am asking this because am planning an upgrade and need to do some calculations.

Cheers,
Rajesh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks