Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2011, 12:46   #2836
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

^^ Thanks. Will check the battery, tyre and suspension. The deal is through a dealer who is a friend of mine .
Old 17th March 2011, 14:50   #2837
Senior - BHPian

I got my Swift VDI evaluated by Maruti. I had added music system (Panasonic with JBL Speakers 2), Nippon security system, Alloy wheels and bridgestone Potenza GIII Tyres. I got a Quote of 3.75 L for a 72.5K kms driven VDI. I am sure I can get about 4L after negotiating with Maruti themselves and more in the market. Just wanted to know the car's worth after 4 years and 72K kms of run. Swift D has kept its price intact :-).
Old 27th March 2011, 21:51   #2838
Senior - BHPian

Hey People just got back from a 2nd car dealer. Looking out for a Santro eRLx to be precise. I got the following qoute, can anyone help with the correct price that should be for this car.

Model: Hyundai Santro eRlx XO
Year of Registration: May 2007
Color: Gray
Kms on Odo: 42826
Per Month Avg Running comes to 900kms
Owner: Single
Observations: Car used by Family, Insurance upto May 2011 (Comprehensive). No scratch on the body, except for two small dents on the ceiling & bonnet (nothing major). No rust on the underbody or door frame.

Did not test drive the vehicle so cannot say for the engine, but no mods seen.

Seller is asking for 3.10L, I am trying to get down to 2.8L. M i saying more or the cost should be lessor? I checked in Freeads and the asking rate is usually around the 3 mark for these 2007 Santros, isnt it a bit high?
Old 28th March 2011, 12:03   #2839
BHPian

Guys,

I am selling my Swift VXI ABS, 2007 May 29K KMS done, the car is presently in the name of the company and will be transferred to my name before I can sell it. I was hoping that I will be able to sell it directly before transferring and making myself a 2nd owner for 15 days.

Prerana Motors offered 3.7 + 10k exchange bonus however considering the second ownership they have revised it at 3.4 lacs, yet to confirm on the exchange bonus.

Its a pristine Silky Silver driven only by myself,

Is this a good deal or you think that this can better?

Regards
Suv
Old 28th March 2011, 15:18   #2840
BHPian

Chevrolet Captiva

Hi Guys,

We have a Chevrolet Captiva in our office, we are planning to sell that off.

Year : June,2009.
colour : Silver.
Kms : 13,000.
Reason : He is moving from chennai to Mumbai.
Vehicle condition : looks and feels brand new.
Price : What price i can expect ???

Last edited by ManMachine : 28th March 2011 at 15:20. Reason: i forgot to add colour
Old 28th March 2011, 16:35   #2841
BHPian

Here goes my very first post. Been lurking for a few years (and accumulating loads of knowledge, needless to say), right here on the forum. No intro, as I thought my first post would be a teaser with my newly bought machine. Sadly though, that's not gonna happen!

Sorry for going OT - let me quickly come back to my query.

I'm contemplating a used car around 2.5 - 3 lacs. Seen a Fiesta 2006 1.6 Sxi (I'm a huge fan of the planted nature, acceleration, interiors and typical Ford handling and dynamics). It's done 45k odd kms, completely stock, single owner - in fact it's from the classifieds on the forum. Seems to be in impeccable condition as per my first drive - better than most used cars. Quoted 3.5 l on the ad, haven't discussed the pricing yet. I will get it evaluated by a used car expert I know, so I can get an idea of the right price - I believe the quote is steep, even though I feel magnetically drawn to the car - I've gone Fida! I was also very comfortable talking to the owner - a true petrolhead, who seems to love his car quite a bit!

Plus, I have shortlisted another car - same variant/year/kms, haven't checked it out yet, but it's through a dealer so I'm not too keen. Quote - around 3 l.

Please advise - I have seen a recent thread by a very happy / satisfied member who's just got himself a 1.6 Sxi at a much lower price, and I have no idea how much I should shell out for one.
Old 28th March 2011, 17:07   #2842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suvrajit View Post
Guys,

I am selling my Swift VXI ABS, 2007 May 29K KMS done, the car is presently in the name of the company and will be transferred to my name before I can sell it. I was hoping that I will be able to sell it directly before transferring and making myself a 2nd owner for 15 days.

Prerana Motors offered 3.7 + 10k exchange bonus however considering the second ownership they have revised it at 3.4 lacs, yet to confirm on the exchange bonus.
They offered you 3.8 lakh for a 4 yr old Swift with a discontinued engine!?!
You must be the luckiest guy in the world!!
Will they sell it for 4lakh or what?? For that price one can get a brand new K series, with a lower interest rate.
Old 28th March 2011, 20:40   #2843
Senior - BHPian

Is it a good bargain?

I'm posting this on behalf of a friend. His father is getting a deal for a mid-2008 Audi A4 2.0 Tdi. Its an automatic transmission, and no bodywork damage. Its done 21000 kms, and the Mahindra-endorsed second hand car dealership is offering it at 19.5 lakhs. Is it a good enough deal? The price is slightly negotiable. The dealer is also offering a 3 year warranty, but I don't see how that is possible.
Any other options in that budget, new/old, would also be very welcome
Old 29th March 2011, 16:47   #2844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

I am selling my Swift VXI ABS, 2007 May 29K KMS done, Prerana Motors offered 3.7 + 10k exchange bonus however considering the second ownership they have revised it at 3.4 lacs, yet to confirm on the exchange bonus.

Regards
Suv
Fantastic price. Sell it with closed eyes. That too a dealer quoting this much price is unbelieveable.
Old 29th March 2011, 18:42   #2845
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Its a pristine Silky Silver driven only by myself,

Regards
Suv
I think it is a kind of fair deal (3.4 + 10k). I was offered 3L for my Swift ZXI 2006 model (I am the second Owner now for almost 2 years). It was a random discussion at a Used Car dealers place and since I really did not want to carry out the transaction did not carry the discussion forward. You can try to bargain a li'll more may be.

Regards,
Narayanan
Old 30th March 2011, 13:41   #2846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
I got my Swift VDI evaluated by Maruti. I had added music system (Panasonic with JBL Speakers 2), Nippon security system, Alloy wheels and bridgestone Potenza GIII Tyres. I got a Quote of 3.75 L for a 72.5K kms driven VDI. I am sure I can get about 4L after negotiating with Maruti themselves and more in the market. Just wanted to know the car's worth after 4 years and 72K kms of run. Swift D has kept its price intact :-).
I think 3.75L is an excellent price. A 4 year old car run 72K, and you want 4L? do a reality check my friend.Would you buy a car like that for 4L? remember for a second hand buyer, it is what he can get out of the car
that matters. Your swift would at the max run about 50k kms more before
the maintenance nightmares start. You might get a few bakras as buyers, but you're not giving them a fair deal.
Old 30th March 2011, 13:55   #2847
BHPian

Re: Is it a good bargain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
I'm posting this on behalf of a friend. His father is getting a deal for a mid-2008 Audi A4 2.0 Tdi. Its an automatic transmission, and no bodywork damage. Its done 21000 kms, and the Mahindra-endorsed second hand car dealership is offering it at 19.5 lakhs. Is it a good enough deal? The price is slightly negotiable. The dealer is also offering a 3 year warranty, but I don't see how that is possible.
Any other options in that budget, new/old, would also be very welcome
Shamik - check whether the car is manufactured or registered in 2008. is it red in color ?

I know that the chinese consulate here in Kolkata sold a used red A4 sometime back, it might be the same car , registered in 2008 and manufactured earlier.

regards
Old 1st April 2011, 14:05   #2848
BHPian

6 year old 1.6 Plus ABS Ford Fusion

Hi mates...

Got married about a year ago and ever since wanted a car for just the two of us. Got into the process of saving money here and there, now have saved a bit as to start thinking about what car to buy. We already have a Innova and Eeco. Innova for business/personal use and Eeco of purely business purpose. Have been a regular visitor to T-Bhp classified, checking for updates 3 or 4 times a day for the last month or so. Nothing in my budget of 1.5 to 2Lac range interested me. But today saw something that interested me very very much.

Its a 2005 1.6 Plus ABS Ford Fusion ... http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...d/Fusion.html/ ... Have owned a couple of Ikons before and have a good opinion about Ford. But have absolutely No Idea about Fusion so I am here to Get Idea.

I want your advice about the car even before I see it. Is a 6 year old Fusion + ABS worth 2.55 Lacs? Would it give me a hassle free ownership option?
Old 1st April 2011, 14:19   #2849
BHPian

Re: 6 year old 1.6 Plus ABS Ford Fusion

Cant comment on this specific car as havent seen it in person.
However, personally would stay away from ford, skoda used cars for the only reason of very expensive parts plus the fusion is a model which didnt sell very well so availability may be a challenge as well.
Consult a good mechanic / a fellow bhpian & all the best!
Old 1st April 2011, 15:10   #2850
BHPian

Re: 6 year old 1.6 Plus ABS Ford Fusion

Ford Fusion is a very good vehicle, maintenance should not be a problem for few more years as this vehicle shares parts with Fiesta and Figo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks