Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2011, 17:40   #2986
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

I am offered a Honda Civic S MT for 7.35L firm price

Model: 2007 May
Odo Reading: 22,000
Colour: Tafeta White
Hyderabad Registration
Full Service History
Insurance Expired

I also got it checked by Honda Auto Terrace. Should I close the deal???
Old 10th May 2011, 18:58   #2987
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanu@DJ View Post
What would be the best price for 2008 Ford fiesta EXi TDCi single owner+ comp insurance having 40K kilometers on the ODO. Includes no other accessories apart form the MP3/Radio

Or is it OK to consider a fiesta Zxi TDCI second owner ( i will be the third) with 30K kms on the odo for about 5.40lacs in Bangalore.
While buying used, you always get max bang for $$$ on top-of-the line variants.

Even if the ZXi is with a 2nd owner, as long as the vehicle condition is OK, it should be fine. btw, what model is it? Assuming it is a '08 one, the price quoted is a bit high. Look below 5lacs.

Also, regarding your choice, if it were me, I would have gone for a used Fiesta.
Old 10th May 2011, 20:47   #2988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
While buying used, you always get max bang for $$$ on top-of-the line variants.

Even if the ZXi is with a 2nd owner, as long as the vehicle condition is OK, it should be fine. btw, what model is it? Assuming it is a '08 one, the price quoted is a bit high. Look below 5lacs.

Also, regarding your choice, if it were me, I would have gone for a used Fiesta.
Even i am more inclined towards getting a used fiesta. It would be great if i can actually get old of a top of the line Zxi or Sxi. So will try waiting and looking around for good examples of the fiesta. This defeinitely seems to be more bang for buck than figo which is good as car in whole but do not fit my as i am more used to the ingress/degrees of WagonR, Innova kind of vehicles.

Cheers
Old 11th May 2011, 07:51   #2989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autofreak
I am offered a Honda Civic S MT for 7.35L firm price

Model: 2007 May
Odo Reading: 22,000
Colour: Tafeta White
Hyderabad Registration
Full Service History
Insurance Expired

I also got it checked by Honda Auto Terrace. Should I close the deal???
Seems to be okay. I have been looking for a good civic here and just helped my friend buy 2007 auto m version for 7 Lakhs with 35k on odo with brand new tires. Given insurance is expired try to 7 lakhs
madbullram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2011, 08:56   #2990
BHPian

Any ideas on the expected price for an Aug 2009, Oyster Grey I10 Sportz, upgraded with 5 alloys, Yokohoma A drives 185/60-14, OEM fog lamps, 3M underbody coating, and the usual covers/film etc.

Mileage on the odo: 8200
Condition : near new with 2 (two) 2 inch paint scratch. NO dents at all.
Tyre upgrade provides very good steering and control.
Average in city mileage: 13, Highways 18+
Full service record with bills.

Reason for selling is an upgrade to a bigger car.

Thanks for your inputs.
Old 11th May 2011, 11:02   #2991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
Any ideas on the expected price for an Aug 2009, Oyster Grey I10 Sportz, upgraded with 5 alloys, Yokohoma A drives 185/60-14, OEM fog lamps, 3M underbody coating, and the usual covers/film etc.

Mileage on the odo: 8200
Condition : near new with 2 (two) 2 inch paint scratch. NO dents at all.
Tyre upgrade provides very good steering and control.
Average in city mileage: 13, Highways 18+
Full service record with bills.

Reason for selling is an upgrade to a bigger car.

Thanks for your inputs.

Hi Optimist:

With all optimism I would say around 3.7L - 4L. Following are my reasonings:

1) Brand New Car will cost 5.25 - 5.3 on road in Bangalore

2) Few upgrades are another 20K lets say so make it 5.5 if you like.

3) Your car is 2 years old and running on the older engine that i10 used to come with. Not the kappa2. This will drag the price down a little.

4) I would never give 4L for 2 year old i10 but I am telling you 4L as a stretch goal for you to try because you have clocked only 8200 so far. And you say that it is in very good condition inclusive of exteriors. So someone who will want to say spend 1.5L lesser may buy it.

5) You can get it valued from the hyundai guys and conveniently add about 30K to get the right price if you sell it directly.

6) They may value it at 3.5L is my thinking.
Old 11th May 2011, 11:45   #2992
BHPian

Please Help - Used Car in Mumbai/Thane - Budget 2 Lac.

Guys,
Please help/suggest with your inputs.

Background:
I just moved to Mumbai from US and would probably stay here until end of this year. After that I'd have to take a call if I want to move back to US, move to NCR or contiue here. My driving experience is almost 2.5 lac kilometers of driving Honda City 1.5 Exi AT, Honda Accord V6, Nissan Xterra; (99% of times AT transmission).

Requirements:
Budget capped to 2 lac.
Monthly run of approx. 1200-1300 Kms. Mostly from Thane to Mumbai (Powai). Once I move out of Mumbai, I am not planning to sell this car but it would go to my brother or my parents in Chandigarh whose monthly run would be no more than 200-300 Kms.
Preferrably first owner Car.
Preferrably a Sedan.

Options I have come across:
I have not test driven any car yet (waiting for my Driving License to be re-issued, which I'd get by end of this month). I have looked around (mostly carwale.com and other classifieds) and found the following options:
1- 2000/1/2 Mistubishi Lancer - priced between 1.3-1.8 lac
2- 2004/2005 Suzuki Esteem Vxi - priced between 1.6-2.0 lac.
3- 2004 Hyunda Gets (ABS) - priced at around 2.2 lac.
4- 2004/2005 Hyundai Santro XO - priced at approx. 2 lac.
5- 2004/2005 Suzuki Zen - priced between 1.5-2 lac

I had always wanted to own a Mistubishi Lancer so that stands to be my first preference however I am not sure how reliable a 2001 Mistubishi Lancer may be and what kind of expenses I can expect to incur after procuring this to bring it in shape.

Also came across a 2002 Fiat Palio 1.2 ELX (approx. 50000 kms done) in good condition and asking price of 1 lac. This car belongs to a colleague of mine. Is it really that difficult to source the spares of Fiat Palio?

I also tried to look around for a 2001/2002/2003 Honda City 1.5 Exi but all of them were priced upwards of 2.5 lac.

Also, could anyone suggest a trustable mechanic (in Thane Area - Vasant Vihar) who I can take along with me to inspect a car in case I like a car.

Please suggest what all are my options, where to look for, reference to used car dealers, any other tips.
Old 11th May 2011, 13:59   #2993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandlimitedlife View Post
3) Your car is 2 years old and running on the older engine that i10 used to come with. Not the kappa2. This will drag the price down a little.
Thanks bandlimitedlife, for responding.

Sorry i forgot to mention that it is indeed a Kappa ingine. I imagined that it should be apparent from the Sportz Model. Anyway, Hyundai has said somewhere around 3.8L.

Sigh was looking for the verna SX(O). it just grew costlier from expected costs by another 40K. Need to think again

Thanks again.
Old 11th May 2011, 14:01   #2994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
Thanks bandlimitedlife, for responding.

Sorry i forgot to mention that it is indeed a Kappa ingine. I imagined that it should be apparent from the Sportz Model. Anyway, Hyundai has said somewhere around 3.8L.

Yes your car has the kappa but the new i10's have the vtvt with kappa2 engine That is where I am talking about the issue of older model
Old 11th May 2011, 14:03   #2995
BHPian

Re: Please Help - Used Car in Mumbai/Thane - Budget 2 Lac.

avoid palio.
rethink about lancer-great car but expensive to maintain
i would suggest
OHC-if you love to drive.you will get it for 2 lacs.
baleno-again if you love to drive.you wil get 2005-06 model.again expensive to maintain but very very reliable
maruti esteem-if you dont mind gen old car.good car and easy to drive and maintain.
my choice would be 05-06 baleno vxi.
Old 12th May 2011, 09:10   #2996
BHPian

2007 Dec Ford Fiesta 1.4L Diesel ZXi, ~50K kms clocked. Seller asking ~5L

How much can i pay for this? Does Ford F has a good resale value say down the line i try to sell it at 80K kms in the next 2-3 yrs?

The other option I have is go for a brand new Swift or Ritz D at 6L. I know its a different segment, but I am open at the moment on that.

Please give me your valuable suggestions.
Old 12th May 2011, 12:19   #2997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post
2007 Dec Ford Fiesta 1.4L Diesel ZXi, ~50K kms clocked. Seller asking ~5L

How much can i pay for this? Does Ford F has a good resale value say down the line i try to sell it at 80K kms in the next 2-3 yrs?

The other option I have is go for a brand new Swift or Ritz D at 6L. I know its a different segment, but I am open at the moment on that.

Please give me your valuable suggestions.
Is this in Chennai? AFAIK the OTR price back then was 8.5 lakhs. For a 3 and a half year old car 5L is too much. And the Fiesta Classic is out now as well. I'd say the price should be about 4.5 lakhs at the most. Yes Ford Fiesta Diesel has good resale value. You can probably still get 3 lakhs for it 2-3 years later.

Also the price depends on many other factors. Whats the condition of the car? How are the tyres? When was the last service done? Insurance? Since its a Dec model, presumably it still has about 6-7 months of insurance left. All these factors make a big difference.

If you do want a new car, consider the Figo as well
radiokidb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2011, 14:38   #2998
BHPian

Test drove the Jazz. I dont have any complaints.

The dealer is yet to get the service records, but promised to inform once he receives from the owner.

Heard that New Jazz is under test (released in Malaysia) and would be launched in two months time? New Jazz sports 1.5 L engine and added features, and the price would be in the same range as old Jazz.

I think that is the point I would use to bargain.

Also heard that though there is limited supply of Jazz in the seconds' market, there is even low demand of Jazz. How far it is true?

It sports a Michelin tyres! How many more miles/km would it last? Checked the tyres. For 28K, the wear seems to be reasonable. The spare wheel is also rotated extensively.

Quote:
Remember you as the buyer have every right to get all the details you need about the car. Unless you get all the service records from dealer that seem legitimate beware.

The current On Road Price in Chennai is 732,500. Also since it has already clocked 28000 km in about 10 - 11 months it qualifies to have been extensively used.

If I were you I did check the car and if it is in great shape not offer anything more than 5.7L.

I would think this car should easily depreciate 1.5L from the current on-road price. The on-road price of this car when it was bought could easily have been 8 - 10% lesser as well.
Old 12th May 2011, 18:33   #2999
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Optimist:

With all optimism I would say around 3.7L - 4L. Following are my reasonings:

1) Brand New Car will cost 5.25 - 5.3 on road in Bangalore

2) Few upgrades are another 20K lets say so make it 5.5 if you like.

6) They may value it at 3.5L is my thinking.
Hope this helps.
3.5 lakh is perfect. I myself . I myself would consider Rs 3.7-3.8 lakh as a good deal for my Aug '10 MAgna 1.2 in AP 9500kms done, if I were to sell it.

BUT.
1) The vehicle in question is at Bangalore, the capital of irrationally priced used cars.
2) is probably KA registered LTT paid
3) done just 8500 kms.
4) decent kit.

So you could expect offers of 3.6-4.2 lakh from prospective
buyers. Grossly overpriced (upper limit), IMO, but then this is Bangalore, lucky you

In fact, a month before I bought my i10, I was quoted Rs 4 lakh a used 2007 Magna 1.1 w/ stanley leather before bargaining.

All the best dude. If only my i10 was registered here.
Old 12th May 2011, 22:02   #3000
BHPian

guys how much can i pay for zen automatic,getting one from my dad's friend.only concern is it worth buying.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks