Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2011, 11:35   #3046
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
I have been offered 1.55L by a Hyundai dealer for a Delhi regd, single owner, Jan 2005 made White Santro Xing XG with 132k km on odo.

Car has been used by my dad in Punjab. Always serviced on time, all fluids, filters, belts etc changed as per Hyundai schedule. Maintained very well, driven very sedately. No dents, just minor scratches here and there. No accidents, no insurance claim ever.

Clutch, battery and tires changed 6 months 10k km's back. Everything else is stock.

So is 1.55L a reasonable sale price for the car? Carwale quotes dealer purchase price of 159k for an excellent condition car. Thanks in advance.

With the mileage you have on the car, I think it is more than reasonable. You should sell it away immediately at this price. I am not sure you can get this kind of price elsewhere.
bandlimitedlife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2011, 22:23   #3047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
1.4 lakhs makes it worth much more than the price, but then, as Manikjeet said, 90-100k is a decent figure.
BTW, I'm not sure if retrofitting LPG is that good, as per what I've read here; I was thinking of buying an Accent/Fusion and converting it to LPG once upon a time.
Let me know if you come across Corsa swings though.

If you are to replace the car in 3 years, a conventional thing to do would be to buy a 03-05 used Santro Xing, and fit it with a torodial LPG tank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
around 90 k would be considered good for 8 year old car
Arkin and Manikjeet, I called up that corsa guy. He said it was sold. But he said he sold it for 1.1 lakh. What makes me wonder by the way is that used cars, at least some of them, do sell like hot cakes!
Old 31st May 2011, 11:09   #3048
BHPian

Hi,
Got a quote of 7.3 lacs for 2006, 24k run Honda Civic.
The car is decent one, but with a third party insurance. Will it be an ok one?

One more doubt: I have been pestering with these kinda questions for sometime now. Hope its ok to ask these questions in this thread.

TIA,
Old 31st May 2011, 11:18   #3049
BHPian

I came across a Thane registered August 2009 model Linea MJD emotion on Carwale, it has done 26000 kms and is being offered by a dealer. Any suggestions/comments on the price?

Thanks
Lokesh
Old 1st June 2011, 11:12   #3050
BHPian

Guys,

please help. location is mumbai.

Oct-2001 Honda City 1.5 Exi AT, second owner, done only 34000 kms, near perfect bodyline. Asking price 2.1 L by an individual. I'll speak with the owner later today to figure out the reason for such a low mileage and also ask for service records (if any). Please suggest what should be the price to be quoted in case i like the car. I was thinking of aroung 1.7/1.8. what is the real world average I can expect in mumbai city traffic (daily run of almost 42 km, Thane to Powai).
Old 1st June 2011, 16:37   #3051
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Guys,
I would want to know, what would be the fair price of a
1) Ford Fusion 1.6 Petrol, ABS run 47k Km , 2006 model and
I spoke to my service advisor in Ford and he says that petrol cars are not getting good resale values due to increasing prices of petrol and he personally knows of 2009 Fusion petrol, 1.6 ABS plus run around 12k Kms which went for less than 3Lakhs.
Looking at these for a friend.
Guys, Again can anybody advise me on the fair price of this Fusion
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...d/Fusion.html/
Old 1st June 2011, 16:51   #3052
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Can someone guide me on pricing my car in the market.

I have a swift VDI -

3yrs old - 40K. Service done every 5K. Has minor dents or scratches for a 4 year old car.

Completely serviced with EGR cleaning and thorough checking of Clutch, Brakes and transmission.

Single owner and never been abused.

Please suggest a good price to start with. I saw few cars in our for sale section quoted a little high over 4.5 or 4.7. So just want to get the realistic feeling so i can set a good starting price.

VW2010
Old 1st June 2011, 19:59   #3053
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Please suggest a good price to start with. I saw few cars in our for sale section quoted a little high over 4.5 or 4.7. So just want to get the realistic feeling so i can set a good starting price.
Whats the current OTR for Swift VDi in Chennai [ I assume you are from Chennai] ?

In Kerala, this car [with this kind of details] would have quoted 4.75L. So I guess 4.5 should be easily quoted for your car [New VDi costs 6.1L in Kerala I guess].

What accessories do you have in this car? Also whats the tyre condition.

Or else very realistically this car can be quoted a 4.25L and should find a home in no time.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2011, 22:48   #3054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
whats the current OTR for Swift VDi in Chennai
536743 EX Showroom is the price of the VDI in chennai. I guess it is going to be around 6L.

Accessories - The usual Sun film, Pioneer HS, Polk Speakers(2+2+2). Been stock otherwise including electrical. No additional changes to the car.

I wanted to change tyres but thought will quote a price and deduct the cost for the buyer to change whatever he wishes to.

I am also thinking around 4.5 to start of with.

Thanks for your help.
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:14   #3055
BHPian

Guys,

I am in market to buy a car for my wife. The new cars I test drove and based on wife's feedback - I have ranked them from first to last choice.
Alto > Spark > Nano.

However, I wanted to check the resale cars also. Checked TrueValue and Firstchoice websites and the listing I saw was M-800 AC 2004/2005 model is 1.3 to 1.5 Lakhs and Alto 2008 is 1.9-2.2 Lakhs in Pune. Do you feel its justified or overpriced? I found it a bit more. Your opinion?

Need to finalise the purchase soon. Please help.
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:19   #3056
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
However, I wanted to check the resale cars also. Checked TrueValue and Firstchoice websites and the listing I saw was M-800 AC 2004/2005 model is 1.3 to 1.5 Lakhs and Alto 2008 is 1.9-2.2 Lakhs in Pune
I am not an expert, but I do feel that instead of spending 2L (avg) on a 3 year old Alto, better spend a few Ks more and get a new one.
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:26   #3057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I am not an expert, but I do feel that instead of spending 2L (avg) on a 3 year old Alto, better spend a few Ks more and get a new one.

+1 to above because no matter how good a deal you may get an no matter how good the condition if the car maybe a new car will be always a tad better.
Old 2nd June 2011, 13:27   #3058
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

I am in market to buy a car for my wife. The new cars I test drove and based on wife's feedback - I have ranked them from first to last choice.
Alto > Spark > Nano.

However, I wanted to check the resale cars also. Checked TrueValue and Firstchoice websites and the listing I saw was M-800 AC 2004/2005 model is 1.3 to 1.5 Lakhs and Alto 2008 is 1.9-2.2 Lakhs in Pune. Do you feel its justified or overpriced? I found it a bit more. Your opinion?

Need to finalise the purchase soon. Please help.
What kind of running will the car have to do here?

A new alto LXI starts from 3.3L (k10 LXI variant starts at 3.5). Used 2008 alto is a good choice for about 2L, given that it hasn't clocked more than 25-30K kms. It'll be good for another 30-40K kms.

Then if you can wait for Nano Diesel then which'll probably launch next year. If she finds it comfortable, sell your Alto, it'll fetch you a good price even then (say about 1.4 to 1.5L).
Old 2nd June 2011, 13:46   #3059
BHPian

Thanks guys for the responses.
The daily driving would not be more than 20kms. And the car would be driven by my wife with kid on board.

That is the reason I dont want to spend high on features etc. Plus the car wont be with me for more than 3-4 years. So If I am buying a resale car for, lets say 1.5 lakhs today and selling it off at 75k after 3-4 years, I incur net loss of 75k i.e. approx. 20k per year. at 1500 pm for petrol (avg), I spend another 18k per year; totaling 38k-40k per year.

If I buy Alto K10 LXi for 3.3L now, and sell for 2L after 4 years, I am incurring loss of 30k per year + 18k for petrol. Plus EMI that I have to pay for the additional upfront cost. However, this gives me better car, new car and tension free days.

Am totally lost, the more I think on this. Earlier it was which car, now it is which car + old or new car.

Psss : Kisise Na Kehna : If I buy used car now, I am saving those addtional bucks for myself when I want to buy one for my self next year (smiley quota over). But thats another discussion. luckily my wife does not read T-bhp posts.

Last edited by advaitlele : 2nd June 2011 at 13:50.
Old 2nd June 2011, 13:51   #3060
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys for the responses.
The daily driving would not be more than 20kms. And the car would be driven by my wife with kid on board.

That is the reason I dont want to spend high on features etc. Plus the car wont be with me for more than 3-4 years. So If I am buying a resale car for, lets say 1.5 lakhs today and selling it off at 75k after 3-4 years, I incur net loss of 75k i.e. approx. 20k per year. at 1500 pm for petrol (avg), I spend another 18k per year; totaling 38k-40k per year.

If I buy Alto K10 LXi for 3.3L now, and sell for 2L after 4 years, I am incurring loss of 40k per year + 18k for petrol. Plus EMI that I have to pay for the additional upfront cost. However, this gives me better car, new car and tension free days.

Am totally lost, the more I think on this. Earlier it was which car, now it is which car + old or new car.

Psss : Kisise Na Kehna : If I buy used car now, I am saving those addtional bucks for myself when I want to buy one for my self next year (smiley quota over). But thats another discussion. luckily my wife does not read T-bhp posts.

Advait,

The issue is more about reliability here since you say it is your wife and kid being primary occupants to the car. So if you are buying a slightly older car then better to buy a 1 year old Alto with less than 15K mileage if you can get it for about 60K lesser than current new car. This way you would save some money + get a reliable vehicle for your family and also would not lose out too much on resale.

Cheers!!

Most Viewed